*The Official: Vote For Me Thread* - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > alternativefactsC


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #31
mandy18
 
mandy18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,712

Shows Seen: 42

Re: Shameless plea for donations

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDriveOut2SPAC View Post
I will donate, anything towards better treatment of animals is worth the money!
Thank you, thank you!
If you do your charity work again, I'll be the first to donate!
(I said animals and children in my earlier post, but other cause that gets me is homeless / food donations).
mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #32
    mandy18
     
    mandy18's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 3,712

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: Shameless plea for donations

    Ok, I hate to be that person that 1) keeps asking for help and 2) bumps their own thread, but ...

    I would really appreciate it if anybody / everybody could take a few seconds of time and help vote in an online contest.

    The Harlequin More than Words is giving $15,000 to the top 3 vote getters (come on - out of 5 - it's so sad we're not in at least 3rd) and I would really appreciate it if you could take a few seconds and vote for Megan Yunn.
    There's no signing up for anything, no registration: just follow the link and click "Vote for Megan" under her picture.

    www.beverlysbirthdays.org/VOTE

    I'm a member of the Cake & Ice Cream Donor Club, so this charity is important to me. Here's their background story:

    Our Story

    In March of 2011, Beverly's Birthdays founder, Megan Yunn "Megs", was volunteering at a local afterschool program and was helping a young girl named Beverly complete her homework. Beverly was asked to use the word "accustomed to" in a sentence. Trying to provide her with an example of how to use the word, Megs said "Beverly, at a birthday party people are accustomed to eating what?" Beverly responded, "I have never had a birthday party or a birthday cake."

    At 12 years old Beverly had never had a birthday party of her own. Inspired by Beverly's story, Megs decided to start her own organization that provides birthday celebrations for homeless youth in the Pittsburgh Region. In June of 2011, Megs submitted her idea to the "BE BIG in Your Community Contest," a signature component of the ongoing Clifford The Big Red Dog® BE BIG!™ campaign sponsored by American Family Insurance and was selected as a first place winner out of over 1,000 entries in the nation. Beverly’s Birthdays received a starter grant to help make Megs dream a reality.


    $15,000 would help a lot of children celebrate their birthdays. Please consider taking a few seconds to vote.

    Thanks!
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #33
    rconverse
     
    rconverse's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Location: It's how, not where. I live to dance!
    Posts: 62,977

    Shows Seen: 25

    Re: Shameless plea for donations

    I voted. Hope she wins!
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by opshannon View Post
    You're right about the shift to the right that the board took after it reopened. And it's not even thoughtful righties, it's talk radio righties. Got no patience for them whatsoever. We'll see. Maybe I'll see what I can tolerate.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #34
    mandy18
     
    mandy18's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 3,712

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: Shameless plea for donations

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    I voted. Hope she wins!
    Thanks Roger!!
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #35
    Jsweeney
    coach
     
    Jsweeney's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Frederick, MD
    Posts: 5,195

    Shows Seen: 72

    Re: Shameless plea for donations

    voted as well...good luck
    __________________
    Jim
    http://jimsweeneyphoto.com
    Jsweeney is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #36
    mandy18
     
    mandy18's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 3,712

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: Shameless plea for donations

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jsweeney View Post
    voted as well...good luck
    Thanks, Jim!!
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #37
    crb60
     
    crb60's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: Pittsbugh, PA
    Posts: 597

    Shows Seen: 21

    Re: Shameless plea for donations

    Voted.

    Hail to Pitt and Good luck.
    crb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #38
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh
     
    Tiduwho's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Posts: 53,607

    Shows Seen: 0
    Send a message via MSN to Tiduwho

    Re: Shameless plea for donations

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post
    Ok, I hate to be that person that 1) keeps asking for help and 2) bumps their own thread, but ...

    I would really appreciate it if anybody / everybody could take a few seconds of time and help vote in an online contest.

    The Harlequin More than Words is giving $15,000 to the top 3 vote getters (come on - out of 5 - it's so sad we're not in at least 3rd) and I would really appreciate it if you could take a few seconds and vote for Megan Yunn.
    There's no signing up for anything, no registration: just follow the link and click "Vote for Megan" under her picture.

    www.beverlysbirthdays.org/VOTE

    I'm a member of the Cake & Ice Cream Donor Club, so this charity is important to me. Here's their background story:

    Our Story

    In March of 2011, Beverly's Birthdays founder, Megan Yunn "Megs", was volunteering at a local afterschool program and was helping a young girl named Beverly complete her homework. Beverly was asked to use the word "accustomed to" in a sentence. Trying to provide her with an example of how to use the word, Megs said "Beverly, at a birthday party people are accustomed to eating what?" Beverly responded, "I have never had a birthday party or a birthday cake."

    At 12 years old Beverly had never had a birthday party of her own. Inspired by Beverly's story, Megs decided to start her own organization that provides birthday celebrations for homeless youth in the Pittsburgh Region. In June of 2011, Megs submitted her idea to the "BE BIG in Your Community Contest," a signature component of the ongoing Clifford The Big Red Dog® BE BIG!™ campaign sponsored by American Family Insurance and was selected as a first place winner out of over 1,000 entries in the nation. Beverly’s Birthdays received a starter grant to help make Megs dream a reality.


    $15,000 would help a lot of children celebrate their birthdays. Please consider taking a few seconds to vote.

    Thanks!
    Voted.


    Also, Sarah Cronk @ only 3%, talk about bringing up the rear.
    __________________

    "And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

    - Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #39
    mandy18
     
    mandy18's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 3,712

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: Shameless plea for donations

    Thank you both!!!

    I thought yesterday was the last day to vote, but apparently today is.
    I just voted and Megs has moved into 2nd!!
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #40
    jnovo22
     
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh(ish), PA
    Posts: 608

    Shows Seen: 19

    Re: Shameless plea for donations

    Voted For Meg

    Since it seems to keep track of IP addresses, I logged into as many remote machines as I have access to, to vote.

    Last edited by jnovo22; 11-21-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    jnovo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #41
    trippingbillie4
     
    trippingbillie4's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Location: Austin
    Posts: 5,479

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: Shameless plea for donations

    Just voted. You're still in second!!!!!
    __________________
    Typical Situation-6.12.97-Brilliant JOIN THE MISSION!:
    http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/sh...d.php?t=176890
    trippingbillie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #42
    swordo84
    . .
     
    swordo84's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 10,952

    Shows Seen: 12
    Send a message via ICQ to swordo84 Send a message via MSN to swordo84

    Re: Shameless plea for donations

    Voted again (you can vote every 24hrs) Edit: Just saw post indicating today is the last day to vote.

    Good luck!
    __________________
    Eat Drink & Be Merry

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ARFiredancer
    ...I don't know what I am trying to say...I shouldn't post when I am high........
    swordo84 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #43
    Kevaroo
    I'm the .1%
     
    Kevaroo's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2005
    Location: In a tub of poo
    Posts: 14,408

    Shows Seen: 40
    Send a message via AIM to Kevaroo

    Re: Shameless plea for donations

    This thread is being moved to the vote for me thread. Please direct all pleas for donations and votes to this thread, feel free to bump it as much as you'd like but no more of these threads.
    Kevaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #44
    mandy18
     
    mandy18's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 3,712

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: *The Official: Vote For Me Thread*

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jnovo22 View Post
    Voted For Meg

    Since it seems to keep track of IP addresses, I logged into as many remote machines as I have access to, to vote.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trippingbillie4 View Post
    Just voted. You're still in second!!!!!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by swordo84 View Post
    Voted again (you can vote every 24hrs) Edit: Just saw post indicating today is the last day to vote.

    Good luck!
    Thank you all!!!
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #45
    mandy18
     
    mandy18's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 3,712

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: Shameless plea for donations

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kevaroo View Post
    This thread is being moved to the vote for me thread. Please direct all pleas for donations and votes to this thread, feel free to bump it as much as you'd like but no more of these threads.
    Got it!

    Did you vote??
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #46
    Ashley J
    Bump n Grind
     
    Ashley J's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Twin Cities
    Posts: 8,451

    Shows Seen: 35

    Re: *The Official: Vote For Me Thread*

    I like easy voting. Done.
    __________________
    Ashley J is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #47
    Kevaroo
    I'm the .1%
     
    Kevaroo's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2005
    Location: In a tub of poo
    Posts: 14,408

    Shows Seen: 40
    Send a message via AIM to Kevaroo

    Re: Shameless plea for donations

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post
    Got it!

    Did you vote??
    You bet your ass I did, Meg's hot I'll vote for her again tomorrow!
    Kevaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #48
    mandy18
     
    mandy18's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 3,712

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: *The Official: Vote For Me Thread*

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jnovo22 View Post
    Voted For Meg

    Since it seems to keep track of IP addresses, I logged into as many remote machines as I have access to, to vote.
    I had to restart my computer, so the link worked for me and I could vote again. Nice!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ashley J View Post
    I like easy voting. Done.
    I know - this one is terribly easy! Love it!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kevaroo View Post
    You bet your ass I did, Meg's hot I'll vote for her again tomorrow!
    You'll be the only one.
    Today's the last day!
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #49
    AlpineValley804
    Los Meth Hermanos
     
    AlpineValley804's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts: 27,869

    Shows Seen: 7

    I shot a Doritos ad for their Annual Super Bowl Contest (VotingC)

    You can view and rate it (preferably 5 stars!) at the following link. Winner gets a million dollars, a trip to the Super Bowl, and work as a consultant on The Avengers sequel in London, England.

    https://www.doritos.com/base/submiss...11146&tab_id=7

    Please vote for it - this will help it get to the semi-finals, and then hopefully into the finals.

    Also, if you watch it in full screen, you might have an easier time catching some Easter Eggs.
    __________________
    - Casey

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BothePrinceFan View Post
    Pro abortion is anti-STD. Because kids are the worst STD you can get.
    AlpineValley804 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #50
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake
     
    junior94's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Location: City Of Angels/City Of Brotherly Love
    Posts: 30,389

    Shows Seen: 2
    Send a message via AIM to junior94 Send a message via Yahoo to junior94

    Re: I shot a Doritos ad for their Annual Super Bowl Contest (VotingC)

    holy shit Casey... that was incredible. I wouldn't think twice if I saw that during a c-break that that was just as professional and real as any other Doritos ad I've ever seen. well done!
    __________________
    Kevin

    "Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #51
    AlpineValley804
    Los Meth Hermanos
     
    AlpineValley804's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts: 27,869

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: I shot a Doritos ad for their Annual Super Bowl Contest (VotingC)

    Thanks Kevin!
    __________________
    - Casey

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BothePrinceFan View Post
    Pro abortion is anti-STD. Because kids are the worst STD you can get.
    AlpineValley804 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #52
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!
     
    K270's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: Moss Beach, CA
    Posts: 5,779

    Shows Seen: 30

    Re: I shot a Doritos ad for their Annual Super Bowl Contest (VotingC)

    That was an awesome commercial. Why do I have a gut feeling though the person who's going to win will end up tying in the Avengers to their commercial.
    __________________
    ~Kevin~
    People would complain even if you hang them with a new rope.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #53
    Jake
    antsmarching.org Staff
    Setlist Archiver
     
    Jake's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Sunny F-L-A
    Posts: 56,201

    Shows Seen: 58

    Re: I shot a Doritos ad for their Annual Super Bowl Contest (VotingC)

    Well done
    __________________
    Jake AT antsmarching.org
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #54
    AlpineValley804
    Los Meth Hermanos
     
    AlpineValley804's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts: 27,869

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: I shot a Doritos ad for their Annual Super Bowl Contest (VotingC)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by K270 View Post
    That was an awesome commercial. Why do I have a gut feeling though the person who's going to win will end up tying in the Avengers to their commercial.
    They can't actually do that according to the rules. No trademarks other than Doritos are allowed in the ad.
    __________________
    - Casey

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BothePrinceFan View Post
    Pro abortion is anti-STD. Because kids are the worst STD you can get.
    AlpineValley804 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #55
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!
     
    420th jimi's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2002
    Location: SoCal
    Posts: 7,706

    Shows Seen: 75

    Re: I shot a Doritos ad for their Annual Super Bowl Contest (VotingC)

    Really well done
    __________________
    www.youtube.com/smasher69
    @adamsmasher69
    420th jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #56
    dmbbearcat
     
    dmbbearcat's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Location: Cincinnati
    Posts: 14,717

    Shows Seen: 16

    Re: I shot a Doritos ad for their Annual Super Bowl Contest (VotingC)

    Awesome job Casey. Five stars from me.
    __________________
    My Blog
    My Facebook

    - Evan
    dmbbearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #57
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!
     
    K270's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: Moss Beach, CA
    Posts: 5,779

    Shows Seen: 30

    Re: I shot a Doritos ad for their Annual Super Bowl Contest (VotingC)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlpineValley804 View Post
    They can't actually do that according to the rules. No trademarks other than Doritos are allowed in the ad.
    Cool!! When I saw all the Marvel stuff and winning a consultant job for the next Avengers movie I figured they were looking for something specific. Can we vote more than once?
    __________________
    ~Kevin~
    People would complain even if you hang them with a new rope.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #58
    AlpineValley804
    Los Meth Hermanos
     
    AlpineValley804's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts: 27,869

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: I shot a Doritos ad for their Annual Super Bowl Contest (VotingC)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 420th jimi View Post
    Really well done
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbbearcat View Post
    Awesome job Casey. Five stars from me.
    Thanks guys!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by K270 View Post
    Cool!! When I saw all the Marvel stuff and winning a consultant job for the next Avengers movie I figured they were looking for something specific. Can we vote more than once?
    I believe you can. If it gets to the finals stage, you can vote once a day. I think the amount of times you can vote for this is unlimited but I am not sure.
    __________________
    - Casey

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BothePrinceFan View Post
    Pro abortion is anti-STD. Because kids are the worst STD you can get.
    AlpineValley804 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #59
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!
     
    neumdogg's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Los Angeles, CA
    Posts: 31,271

    Shows Seen: 57
    Send a message via AIM to neumdogg

    Re: I shot a Doritos ad for their Annual Super Bowl Contest (VotingC)

    Voted 5 stars and posted it on my FB wall. Solid work, Casey!
    neumdogg is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #60
    AlpineValley804
    Los Meth Hermanos
     
    AlpineValley804's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts: 27,869

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: I shot a Doritos ad for their Annual Super Bowl Contest (VotingC)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Voted 5 stars and posted it on my FB wall. Solid work, Casey!
    Thanks Adam!
    __________________
    - Casey

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BothePrinceFan View Post
    Pro abortion is anti-STD. Because kids are the worst STD you can get.
    AlpineValley804 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Matt's Twitter
    Jake's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter