**Official Running Thread** - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > alternativefactsC


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #121
~Crashintome89~
gregdog love in pa
 
~Crashintome89~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,713

Shows Seen: 16

Re: **Official Running Thread**

2nd meet of the season, five miles, tons of hills...took me 53 minutes.

Jesus, that was the toughest course I've seen.
__________________
LETS GO FLYERS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbogast
Claude Giroux is a national treasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohan Santana
Can someone please tell me what a Gordie Howe Hat Trick is?
~Crashintome89~ is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-08-2007, 08:28 PM   #122
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake
     
    junior94's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Location: City Of Angels/City Of Brotherly Love
    Posts: 30,323

    Shows Seen: 2
    Send a message via AIM to junior94 Send a message via Yahoo to junior94

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Shit, I don't think I ever saw this before. Was probably in the best shape of my life right around sophomore & junior year, I ran Cross Country three years and Winter & Spring Track all four years. Long distance runner (duh)
    Jesus christ I'm 31 now, so far removed from what I used to be able to do

    Hell for XC practice, we used to do 5 miles as our warmup, just the damn prep before our actual drills for that day. Holy fuck, I can't believe I used to do that. But we did go undefeated in my senior year and won the league championship, even won the "Best Demonstration of Sportsmanship Award", something like that, all the actual runners on each team voted for that within the league. Question -- is the standard racing distance in high school Cross Country still 3.1 miles? My all time best split for that was either 17:50, or 18:50, figures I can't fucking remember now. Well for the sake of argument let's everyone just assume it was the 17
    __________________
    Kevin

    "Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #123
    ~Crashintome89~
    gregdog love in pa
     
    ~Crashintome89~'s Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Posts: 21,713

    Shows Seen: 16

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    Shit, I don't think I ever saw this before. Was probably in the best shape of my life right around sophomore & junior year, I ran Cross Country three years and Winter & Spring Track all four years. Long distance runner (duh)
    Jesus christ I'm 31 now, so far removed from what I used to be able to do

    Hell for XC practice, we used to do 5 miles as our warmup, just the damn prep before our actual drills for that day. Holy fuck, I can't believe I used to do that. But we did go undefeated in my senior year and won the league championship, even won the "Best Demonstration of Sportsmanship Award", something like that, all the actual runners on each team voted for that within the league. Question -- is the standard racing distance in high school Cross Country still 3.1 miles? My all time best split for that was either 17:50, or 18:50, figures I can't fucking remember now. Well for the sake of argument let's everyone just assume it was the 17
    I have no idea. I never ran cross country in high school, or grade school. This is my first year of it in college and it's brutal.
    __________________
    LETS GO FLYERS!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by barbogast
    Claude Giroux is a national treasure.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brohan Santana
    Can someone please tell me what a Gordie Howe Hat Trick is?
    ~Crashintome89~ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2007, 09:18 PM   #124
    Milenk
    Condor Calamity
     
    Milenk's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: Heaven
    Posts: 3,455

    Shows Seen: 42
    Send a message via AIM to Milenk

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Holy crap. Nice job.

    I was going to post that I ran 6.6 miles today, but that pales in comparison to your achievement.

    Congratulations.
    Ye, basically it works like this:

    You have two choices when Milenk goes by you.

    Option #1: You can give up and go crying to your mother.
    Option #2: You can try to go with him and end up in the hospital.
    Milenk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-09-2007, 11:35 AM   #125
    Milenk
    Condor Calamity
     
    Milenk's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: Heaven
    Posts: 3,455

    Shows Seen: 42
    Send a message via AIM to Milenk

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Won a 5K today. I am on a roll.
    Milenk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #126
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'
     
    whodat's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: NYC
    Posts: 26,223

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    So does anyone run/jog anymore in this forum?

    Living in SoCal, I am able to train outdoors pretty much year round. I have done 3 1/2 marathons so far, and am in the middle of training for my first full marathon on June 1 in San Diego. Anyone out there getting ready for any running events?

    Cool side note, I will be in NYC the last weekend of March. There is a 10K on the 30th through Central Park that I am doing just because I will be in NYC. Hell why not. Also, I will be attending the Boston Marathon to cheer on a friend in his first Boston Marathon. The BM is on April 21st. Anyone here doing either the 10K or Boston?
    __________________
    Ben
    I am the Proudest Monkey (Daddy) you've ever seen
    whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #127
    Highbury
    celebrate we will
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: Philadelphia
    Posts: 263

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Made Indoor States for Pennsylvania. Should be sweeeeeet.

    800
    Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2008, 06:15 PM   #128
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'
     
    whodat's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: NYC
    Posts: 26,223

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    GREAT JOB!!! Hope that you have much success there.
    __________________
    Ben
    I am the Proudest Monkey (Daddy) you've ever seen
    whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2008, 06:25 PM   #129
    Jimi's Thing
    Roi's the man!
     
    Jimi's Thing's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2005
    Location: Jersey Shore
    Posts: 4,780

    Shows Seen: 8
    Send a message via AIM to Jimi's Thing

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    I've been trying to back into it...I hate treadmills and will only run outside and its been cold. I went out today and felt like shit after I was done.

    It's alright...a few more days and I'll be back.
    __________________
    - Sean


    LET'S GO FIGHTIN PHILS!!!!
    Jimi's Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2008, 06:31 PM   #130
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'
     
    whodat's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: NYC
    Posts: 26,223

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    I couldn't agree more about your disdain for the 'dread'mill. I had to use them this past week a few times due to rain. It almost made me want to stop running. It can be mid-30's, and I will still hit run outside. (For us CA's, mid-30's is cold. )

    I see that you are from the Jersey Shore. The 10K in Central Park on March 30th, the Scotland 10K, what, if anything, do you know about it?
    __________________
    Ben
    I am the Proudest Monkey (Daddy) you've ever seen
    whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2008, 06:33 PM   #131
    Jimi's Thing
    Roi's the man!
     
    Jimi's Thing's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2005
    Location: Jersey Shore
    Posts: 4,780

    Shows Seen: 8
    Send a message via AIM to Jimi's Thing

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    I see that you are from the Jersey Shore. The 10K in Central Park on March 30th, the Scotland 10K, what, if anything, do you know about it?
    Sorry man...I don't know anything about that.
    __________________
    - Sean


    LET'S GO FIGHTIN PHILS!!!!
    Jimi's Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2008, 06:57 PM   #132
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'
     
    whodat's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: NYC
    Posts: 26,223

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    No worries. Just looking for some info on that race, possibly from someone that who has either run it or knows of it.

    Good luck on getting back into the swing of training. It is not an easy thing to do.
    __________________
    Ben
    I am the Proudest Monkey (Daddy) you've ever seen
    whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #133
    ~Crashintome89~
    gregdog love in pa
     
    ~Crashintome89~'s Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Posts: 21,713

    Shows Seen: 16

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    I'm still running four to five miles a few times a week.
    __________________
    LETS GO FLYERS!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by barbogast
    Claude Giroux is a national treasure.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brohan Santana
    Can someone please tell me what a Gordie Howe Hat Trick is?
    ~Crashintome89~ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2008, 10:11 PM   #134
    emp88
     
    emp88's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: NJ
    Posts: 4,043

    Shows Seen: 19

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    i want to train for a half marathon...doubt thatll happen but any suggestions anyone?
    __________________
    ~ Emma
    emp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2008, 10:51 PM   #135
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'
     
    whodat's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: NYC
    Posts: 26,223

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ View Post
    I'm still running four to five miles a few times a week.
    Nice job. I think the hardest part of running is maintaining the drive to keep doing it. Especially when the mornings are colder, and the days have less sunlight.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emp88 View Post
    i want to train for a half marathon...doubt thatll happen but any suggestions anyone?
    Start by walking, and just SLOWLY build up your endurance. Don't step out tomorrow and run 3-5 miles. Find a one-two mile route that you can walk, or do that on a treadmill, and just start doing it. From there, add parts where you run during that same stretch. Increase the runnning as you deem fit to do. Before long that 1-2 mile walk turns into a 1-2 mile jog. Then build on that to 2-3 miles and so on.

    One more note, get a good pair of shoes. Go to a running store, do the shoe fitting, and spend the $$$ for the right pair of shoes. The right, or wrong, pair of shoes can make or break this process.

    Bottom line, have fun and good luck.
    __________________
    Ben
    I am the Proudest Monkey (Daddy) you've ever seen
    whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2008, 07:56 AM   #136
    Milenk
    Condor Calamity
     
    Milenk's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: Heaven
    Posts: 3,455

    Shows Seen: 42
    Send a message via AIM to Milenk

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    So does anyone run/jog anymore in this forum?

    Living in SoCal, I am able to train outdoors pretty much year round. I have done 3 1/2 marathons so far, and am in the middle of training for my first full marathon on June 1 in San Diego. Anyone out there getting ready for any running events?

    Cool side note, I will be in NYC the last weekend of March. There is a 10K on the 30th through Central Park that I am doing just because I will be in NYC. Hell why not. Also, I will be attending the Boston Marathon to cheer on a friend in his first Boston Marathon. The BM is on April 21st. Anyone here doing either the 10K or Boston?
    I'm running, 10 miles a day. Getting ready for the Boston Marathon, it'll be my 13th one. I won a 5 miler the first weekend of February and ran my best time for 20K two weeks ago, so I'm psyched about that.

    My running philosophy is basically the same as it's always been. In short, you see Milenk run by you and you can do one of two things. You can just give up right there and turn in your sneakers, or the other option you have is to go with him and have your buddies dial 9-1-1 cause there's only one place where you'll end up- In the ambulance then in the infirmary.
    Milenk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2008, 12:07 PM   #137
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'
     
    whodat's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: NYC
    Posts: 26,223

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Damn, your 13th BM. Pretty sweet. Might have to try and meet up and introduce myself.

    Congrats on the 5K and 20K. Seems like you are a running machine. I am happy when I finish in the to 15-20%. So you won't have to worry about me challenging you for crown of 'Best Runner on Ants'.
    __________________
    Ben
    I am the Proudest Monkey (Daddy) you've ever seen
    whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #138
    scrock25
    This team is great!
     
    scrock25's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2002
    Posts: 58,926

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Running is for losers.

    P.S. - I'm fat.
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2008, 01:26 PM   #139
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'
     
    whodat's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: NYC
    Posts: 26,223

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    The person that I am going to Boston to cheer for was 261 lbs. 3 years ago. That was not an athletic 261. It was the 40 oz curl type-body. All it takes is the will to get up and do it.
    __________________
    Ben
    I am the Proudest Monkey (Daddy) you've ever seen
    whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2008, 02:16 PM   #140
    ~Crashintome89~
    gregdog love in pa
     
    ~Crashintome89~'s Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Posts: 21,713

    Shows Seen: 16

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Milenk, I must break you.
    __________________
    LETS GO FLYERS!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by barbogast
    Claude Giroux is a national treasure.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brohan Santana
    Can someone please tell me what a Gordie Howe Hat Trick is?
    ~Crashintome89~ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2008, 02:48 PM   #141
    Milenk
    Condor Calamity
     
    Milenk's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: Heaven
    Posts: 3,455

    Shows Seen: 42
    Send a message via AIM to Milenk

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ View Post
    Milenk, I must break you.
    Well all I gotta say is make sure the stretcher is ready and the ER crews are standing by cause they always get put to good use when someone tries to surge through the pain in a futile attempt to hangon while Milenk cruises down the homestretch to the roars of the crowd.
    Milenk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #142
    Milenk
    Condor Calamity
     
    Milenk's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: Heaven
    Posts: 3,455

    Shows Seen: 42
    Send a message via AIM to Milenk

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Damn, your 13th BM. Pretty sweet. Might have to try and meet up and introduce myself.

    Congrats on the 5K and 20K. Seems like you are a running machine. I am happy when I finish in the to 15-20%. So you won't have to worry about me challenging you for crown of 'Best Runner on Ants'.
    It's my 13th Marathon, (not counting the ones I do in training,) not my 13th Boston. It's my 3rd Boston. I usually finish in the top 1% of all races. Ye, let's meet up and go running, just make sure the rescue wagons are lined up at the finish for resuscitation cause even in training I go for distance, and I go for speed.
    Milenk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #143
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'
     
    whodat's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: NYC
    Posts: 26,223

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Sounds like a plan, the meet up at least. Not sure about the training session. I am still prepping for my first full, so I am sure that I will be eating some serious dust if I tried to train with you.

    Either way, Boston is going to be awesome.
    __________________
    Ben
    I am the Proudest Monkey (Daddy) you've ever seen
    whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2008, 05:49 PM   #144
    siserilla
    Madame Beef Curtain
     
    siserilla's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2003
    Location: Jacksonville, FL.
    Posts: 10,552

    Shows Seen: 15
    Send a message via AIM to siserilla

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Milenk View Post
    I'm running, 10 miles a day. Getting ready for the Boston Marathon, it'll be my 13th one. I won a 5 miler the first weekend of February and ran my best time for 20K two weeks ago, so I'm psyched about that.

    My running philosophy is basically the same as it's always been. In short, you see Milenk run by you and you can do one of two things. You can just give up right there and turn in your sneakers, or the other option you have is to go with him and have your buddies dial 9-1-1 cause there's only one place where you'll end up- In the ambulance then in the infirmary.
    __________________
    melissa

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OlivePoet View Post
    :thumbsup If I don't get it in the ass on Saturday night, my relationship is over.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OlivePoet View Post
    I think I'll be on my rag for my birthday, so anal would be the best route.
    siserilla is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #145
    dmbmuskie
    Believeland
     
    dmbmuskie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 64,686

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    After being forced to take forever off because of a hip injury, I'm going to go run tonight. Between all the weight and total loss of cardiovasular fitness I expect it to be an ugly night. More than that I'm hoping I finish doing whatever running I can get in, and not having my hip feel like there is a knife in it 10 minutes after I finish.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Judging by verlanders work on the mound this year im guessing he was aiming for her face.
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #146
    sunshower
    wanderlust
     
    sunshower's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Location: Philly
    Posts: 21,852

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    I'll preface this by saying that I don't run nor have I read much of this thread.

    Is it just me or is this Milenk character completely full of himself?
    __________________
    LeeAnne

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    Meatball is an asshole by association.
    sunshower is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2008, 06:01 PM   #147
    siserilla
    Madame Beef Curtain
     
    siserilla's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2003
    Location: Jacksonville, FL.
    Posts: 10,552

    Shows Seen: 15
    Send a message via AIM to siserilla

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    It's not just you.
    __________________
    melissa

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OlivePoet View Post
    :thumbsup If I don't get it in the ass on Saturday night, my relationship is over.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OlivePoet View Post
    I think I'll be on my rag for my birthday, so anal would be the best route.
    siserilla is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #148
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'
     
    whodat's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: NYC
    Posts: 26,223

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
    After being forced to take forever off because of a hip injury, I'm going to go run tonight. Between all the weight and total loss of cardiovasular fitness I expect it to be an ugly night. More than that I'm hoping I finish doing whatever running I can get in, and not having my hip feel like there is a knife in it 10 minutes after I finish.
    Hope that it goes well. Remember to take it easy, no point in setting yourself back because you went to hard the first day. As my 3-year-old son is all to quick to remind, 'Be patient.'

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunshower View Post
    I'll preface this by saying that I don't run nor have I read much of this thread.

    Is it just me or is this Milenk character completely full of himself?
    What do you think?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by siserilla View Post
    It's not just you.
    True.
    __________________
    Ben
    I am the Proudest Monkey (Daddy) you've ever seen
    whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2008, 06:19 PM   #149
    dmbmuskie
    Believeland
     
    dmbmuskie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 64,686

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Hope that it goes well. Remember to take it easy, no point in setting yourself back because you went to hard the first day. As my 3-year-old son is all to quick to remind, 'Be patient.'

    It's hard to get that through my head.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Judging by verlanders work on the mound this year im guessing he was aiming for her face.
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #150
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'
     
    whodat's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: NYC
    Posts: 26,223

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: **Official Running Thread**

    I don't blame you. I would struggle with the concept of not giving a maximum effort myself.
    __________________
    Ben
    I am the Proudest Monkey (Daddy) you've ever seen
    whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Matt's Twitter
    Jake's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter