Red Rocks 2012!!! - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #91
credin

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Red Rocks 2012!!!

Its not impossible but I don't think they would do a caravan type show at red rocks. It is a small venue and having all other types of bands come for such a small venue does not make sense dollar wise. If they were to sell more then 9,500 tickets to the other events for the day, I could not imagine the drunks tyring to knock down the rocks to get into the venue when DMB plays. This would be the perfect storm to get DMB possibly banned from red rocks.
credin is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #92
    wthomps1

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jenzzjetII View Post
    There have been festival type events at Red Rocks. Monolith was held at Red Rocks as well as the Big Summer Classic.
    True. I went Monolith and the set-up worked well with the stage at the top of the amphitheater along with a smaller tent. That festival was mostly up-and-coming indie and edm bands with a few noteworthy headliners, nobody of DMB stature. I just think that with the Caravans attracting 20-40k? they would pick a venue with more space for multiple stages and that would double or triple the capacity of RR.
    wthomps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #93
    LeftyDv

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

And let's not forget, the Mile High Music Festival (that I absolutely loved, by the way, even with some weak lineups) was basically a DMB Caravan without a Dave and Tim set and a ferris wheel. And it couldn't make enough of a profit to sustain with Tom Petty and Jack Johnson being on the bill in this market. So I think a Caravan type stop does not make sense. It needs to be DMB only at Dick's Sporting Goods Park for three days with camping outside... just like they did for Phish. People from the region would come (hence no NM, AZ NE, UT, KS dates, make a weekend of it and have a good, good time. Plus all us Colorado folks would get tickets. Which still drives my desire to NOT see them at Red Rocks. Yep, I'm selfish.
    Old 02-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #94
    mfietek
    CODMB

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeftyDv View Post
    And let's not forget, the Mile High Music Festival (that I absolutely loved, by the way, even with some weak lineups) was basically a DMB Caravan without a Dave and Tim set and a ferris wheel. And it couldn't make enough of a profit to sustain with Tom Petty and Jack Johnson being on the bill in this market. So I think a Caravan type stop does not make sense. It needs to be DMB only at Dick's Sporting Goods Park for three days with camping outside... just like they did for Phish. People from the region would come (hence no NM, AZ NE, UT, KS dates, make a weekend of it and have a good, good time. Plus all us Colorado folks would get tickets. Which still drives my desire to NOT see them at Red Rocks. Yep, I'm selfish.
    Couldn't agree more. The thought of fighting for Red Rocks tickets with all the out of towners would be more then I could take. Expect broker prices of >$300. Put me in fhe selfish category on this as well. Dicks is a great place to see a concert IMO. Phish was great. Better tailgating then RR. I'll get my RR fix with Dispatch (rumor) and a few others.
    mfietek is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #95
    credin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mfietek View Post
    Couldn't agree more. The thought of fighting for Red Rocks tickets with all the out of towners would be more then I could take. Expect broker prices of >$300. Put me in fhe selfish category on this as well. Dicks is a great place to see a concert IMO. Phish was great. Better tailgating then RR. I'll get my RR fix with Dispatch (rumor) and a few others.
    I am with you guys, stay away from red rocks. I could really care less if they never play there again. I want to see a show in my state without having to take out a second mortgage to see a concert.

I also agree that Phish was tops at Dicks and the tailgating was great.

Sadly though I think we are going to be stuck with red rocks.
    Old 02-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #96
    LeftyDv

My Tour Central Stats

Already making the trip up to Red Rocks for the Shins. Brandi Carlile said she'd be there this summer, so that's a for sure show... and I might finally go see Blues Traveler up there... just to say I did.
    Old 02-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #97
    aircavmike

Shows Seen: 250

DMB Hub Stubs: 38

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UCFish View Post
    didn't I trade fix with you in 05???

Yes Sir

Wish and Hope i'm wrong about dmb at RR this year but sadly i don't think that's going to be the case

For the record.... the SongKick website was one or two people posting dmb at RR to get a rise outta people. Very Lame.
    aircavmike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #98
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

Shows Seen: 179

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

lame indeed....still hoping for this later
    Old 02-15-2012, 05:41 AM   #99
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Well, here's to hoping additional dates get announced. Seems to be par for the course over the last few years...
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #100
    dkamis

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I'm kinda hoping for dicks as well. I love Red Rocks and love seeing concerts up there, but with how many people would travel it won't be worth the hassle. Phish at dicks was great...the sound was better than what I thought it would be and if you were in the back the sound was no worse than at the top of the hill at Red Rocks. I already get to see the Avett Brothers/Devotchka at Red Rocks this year....I'd like a DMB concert where I don't have to fight for tickets. Plus Dicks is only about 15 minutes from me.
    dkamis is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #101
    credin

My Tour Central Stats

Well it looks like Red Rocks we will be going. Same as 2005, release the dates and then announce red rocks about a month later. I have to imagine if it was dicks they would have announced it with the rest of the dates. Funny though how the west coast seems to be pretty bleak. No New Mexico, Utah or Arizona.
    Old 02-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #102
    ucbedge

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Wow - besides the Gorge and LA area - the western most venue is Missouri!
    ucbedge is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #103
    credin

My Tour Central Stats

Yes I think it is quite a bummer how little western shows there are. Unless for some reason they plan to announce some other western cities later.
    Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #104
    aircavmike

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by credin View Post
    Well it looks like Red Rocks we will be going. Same as 2005, release the dates and then announce red rocks about a month later. I have to imagine if it was dicks they would have announced it with the rest of the dates. Funny though how the west coast seems to be pretty bleak. No New Mexico, Utah or Arizona.

No..... No dmb at RR this year.... there won't be a late add on announcement unfortunately

i don't know how/why these rumors got so out of control this year.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #105
    dkamis

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aircavmike View Post
    No..... No dmb at RR this year.... there won't be a late add on announcement unfortunately

How do you know this?
    dkamis is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #106
    listb1

Shows Seen: 67

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Okay so after reading some posts it looks like RR is about 50/50. Which if it happens I'm going for sure. On a side note, I moved to CO a few months ago (Fort Collins) for grad school. If there are any Dave fans in the area - hit me up! Looking to meet some new Dave fans. Because thus far, I haven't found many here.

BTW, I'm looking into going SOMEWHERE/ANYWHERE to see Dave/ a Jam Band festival this year, whether in CO or not. If interested, also hit me up!
    listb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #107
    listb1

Shows Seen: 67

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dkamis View Post
    I'm kinda hoping for dicks as well. I love Red Rocks and love seeing concerts up there, but with how many people would travel it won't be worth the hassle. Phish at dicks was great...the sound was better than what I thought it would be and if you were in the back the sound was no worse than at the top of the hill at Red Rocks. I already get to see the Avett Brothers/Devotchka at Red Rocks this year....I'd like a DMB concert where I don't have to fight for tickets. Plus Dicks is only about 15 minutes from me.
    I also saw Phish at Dick's. Down on the field was one sweet place to see a concert - although I still prefer ampitheatres. But seriously, being on that metal grate that was placed on top of the field felt like being in a spaceship
    listb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #108
    carlac135

Shows Seen: 125

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dkamis View Post
    How do you know this?
    He knows. I would take his word.

to this red rocks stuff.
    carlac135 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #109
    saxlover

Shows Seen: 111

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by listb1 View Post
    Okay so after reading some posts it looks like RR is about 50/50. Which if it happens I'm going for sure. On a side note, I moved to CO a few months ago (Fort Collins) for grad school. If there are any Dave fans in the area - hit me up! Looking to meet some new Dave fans. Because thus far, I haven't found many here.

BTW, I'm looking into going SOMEWHERE/ANYWHERE to see Dave/ a Jam Band festival this year, whether in CO or not. If interested, also hit me up!
    there a few of us out here for sure. one of our peeps is up in ft. collins. denver/boulder group hangs out every now and then.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #110
    LeftyDv

My Tour Central Stats

If there's no dates being added, then this will be my first summer of not seing DMB since 1995. Since their "summer" starts during the school year and ends during the school year, my only hope is to catch some shows June 10 on. And as a baseball coach, our season won't end until July 25 so making a far trip is not likely. Yep... a lot of shows I can travel to see from that point on. What a bummer.
    Old 02-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #111
    DoDaFoo
    I'll do the same

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

It's funny that so many people are dismissing the Red Rocks dates because they were on Songkick when the other dates on there all ended up being right...

2024 - D&T Mexico for my 100th show! + Pine Knob, SPAC, Gorge, and Bourbon & Beyond
    DoDaFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #112
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by carlac135 View Post
    He knows. I would take his word.

to this red rocks stuff.

How do you know this?
    Old 02-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #113
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If there's no dates being added, then this will be my first summer of not seing DMB since 1995. Since their "summer" starts during the school year and ends during the school year, my only hope is to catch some shows June 10 on. And as a baseball coach, our season won't end until July 25 so making a far trip is not likely. Yep... a lot of shows I can travel to see from that point on. What a bummer.
    That was me in 2007. No local show and couldn't get out to anything else. Had been to shows since 1996. Sucked.

Hopefully things will work out
    Old 02-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #114
    credin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

They got out of control this year because of song kick. I am certainly speculating that they will play there but I still believe they will. No disrespect to you but you certainly have no proof that they won't play there. Maybe they will maybe they won't, however one of us will be right in a couple months. Your guess is just as good as mine.
    Old 02-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #115
    credin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Same for me Dave. Taking the kids to Disney world this year so can't afford to travel to see a show this year. I still hold out hope for a Denver date regardless of the negative nancies on the boards.
    Old 02-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #116
    aircavmike

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by credin View Post
    They got out of control this year because of song kick. I am certainly speculating that they will play there but I still believe they will. No disrespect to you but you certainly have no proof that they won't play there. Maybe they will maybe they won't, however one of us will be right in a couple months. Your guess is just as good as mine.
    you won't find someone on here that is a bigger fan of red rocks than me.... with that being said, i'm not guessing
    Old 02-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #117
    hoggdogg
    Resident Panda Expert

Shows Seen: 96

My Tour Central Stats

So you're saying there's a chance?
    hoggdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #118
    Sniper15

Shows Seen: 115

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    you won't find someone on here that is a bigger fan of red rocks than me.... with that being said, i'm not guessing
    Can you stop the vague BS and say how you "know" they won't be there
    Old 02-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #119
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Fingers crossed.
    Considering stopping after my #100 show. Should I?
    AllifromOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #120
    treedreaming

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Interesting---the 2012 tour logo is very similar to the 05' Red Rocks tour poster. Just sayin---05 was indeed announced well after the regular tour. August is open for now, Songkick was accurate on the rest of the tour---We will see.
    treedreaming is offline   Reply With Quote