The Gorge Q&A and FAQs - Page 29 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 08-23-2016, 08:37 PM   #841
russvodder
Surfing for Aliens

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

Tickets from whom?
LiveNation tickets I have make no mention of in/out anything.

Last edited by russvodder; 08-23-2016 at 08:39 PM.
russvodder is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-23-2016, 08:39 PM   #842
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by russvodder View Post
    Tickets from whom?
    LiveNation tickets I have make no mention of in/out anything.
    Warehouse.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...3cb4e1faab.jpg
    Old 08-24-2016, 02:14 AM   #843
    eidnarb
    ~brandie~

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Just a few questions, love all the info in the FAQs (thank you all).
    1. What's the insect/snake situation?
    2. Does the venue have a size restriction on backpacks it type? I've got a camelback I'm traveling with. Empty bladder.
    3. Had no luck finding dry ice stores by phone today. Anybody purchase some recently along I90?

Can't wait to see everyone! 9 days til Labor Dave weekend!
    Old 08-24-2016, 11:03 AM   #844
    danielalan

Shows Seen: 135

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

This is crazy I know...:last minute thinking about camping as oppose to hotel. Anyone know a place u can still rent camping stuff from?
    danielalan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2016, 11:47 AM   #845
    but1well
    love baby

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by danielalan View Post
    This is crazy I know...:last minute thinking about camping as oppose to hotel. Anyone know a place u can still rent camping stuff from?
    You can buy a small tent from wal mart for about $30.
    This is literally the opposite of communism. Now, if they came out and cancelled all seats and said you are all to sit on the lawn, as peasant equals, you'd have an argument.
    but1well is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2016, 11:50 AM   #846
    ryanfitz
    F U BYU! CSU sucks also

Shows Seen: 95

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eidnarb View Post
    Just a few questions, love all the info in the FAQs (thank you all).
    1. What's the insect/snake situation?
    2. Does the venue have a size restriction on backpacks it type? I've got a camelback I'm traveling with. Empty bladder.
    3. Had no luck finding dry ice stores by phone today. Anybody purchase some recently along I90?

Can't wait to see everyone! 9 days til Labor Dave weekend!

1. Pretty nonexistent
    2. I bring a camelback into every show there
    3. If you're coming from Seattle, try the Fred Meyer in Issaquah for dry ice. I've gotten it there before.
    "Laramie, Wyoming is one of the Top 5 hardest places to play. They have a hatred for BYU that's unrivaled, even by Utah standards! It was tougher to play in Laramie than against the Eagles in Philly. I felt safer in Philly than I did in Laramie." - Steve Young, on why BYU decided to go Independent in football

Welcome to Dunk Town, USA
    Congrats, Larry Nance!
    ryanfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2016, 03:41 PM   #847
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, screw renting...stop at any Walmart after you land; there's one near the airport, and buy:

$15: 2-person tent: http://www.walmart.com/ip/GigaTent-C...-Tent/19207806

$16: sleeping bag: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trai...g-Bag/14504291

$5: pillow: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-...illow/16686241

$6: chair: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Your-Choic...Chair/36877329

$42 total for everything you need to camp
    Old 08-24-2016, 04:23 PM   #848
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

exactly what we did the first year, then donated it all after.
    Old 08-24-2016, 04:33 PM   #849
    number41allday

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

checking again...

will people be selling/trying to unload unwanted tickets in the campgrounds?
    number41allday is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2016, 05:31 PM   #850
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

My Tour Central Stats

it's hard to say, since demand has been a lot higher this year. There's more and more popping up in the exchange, and on cashortrade every day, so I imagine you'll be able to find something
    Old 08-24-2016, 07:12 PM   #851
    number41allday

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajc_1988 View Post
    it's hard to say, since demand has been a lot higher this year. There's more and more popping up in the exchange, and on cashortrade every day, so I imagine you'll be able to find something
    thanks for the info. i leave for my road trip on sunday so delivery would be difficult. likely have to meet someone with tix there. i have 2...just need 2 more.

decided last minute to hit N2 in addition to N3....i'm so dumb not to have snagged tix in the beginning.
    number41allday is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2016, 06:23 AM   #852
    jssmith0101

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

My apologies in advance if these questions are covered elsewhere. I have looked over a lot of the FAQ's and other posts and can't seem to find specific info on this stuff. So, this is not my first time coming to the Gorge, but first time camping there for DMB. I am bringing a small travel trailer pulled by a medium sized pick-up. Gorge officials say this is fine if it fits into the allotted space which they say is 15' X 25' in standard camping (aka District 9). So a couple of questions:

1. Do I need to be concerned about that exact space allotment, or will there be room to park both vehicles, with the trailer awning extended out? If not, is it worthwhile to purchase a second camping pass and take up that space?

2. Do they allow generators?

3. Are you allowed to drive out and back in at you leisure, and if so, is this a difficult process?

4. I have heard that they sell standard camping passes onsite. Do they also sell Premier onsite?

Lastly, I have noticed on this thread that there are a lot of people flying in that are concerned about equipment (tents, chairs, etc.). I have a couple of extra tents that I would be willing to loan people if someone is in need. One will sleep 2-3 quite comfortably with all your belongings inside. The other one will sleep 4-5 the same way. If anyone is interested in that please let me know and we can figure out a way to meet up.

Thanks in advance.
    jssmith0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2016, 07:50 AM   #853
    eliz
    Love, Baby!

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jssmith0101 View Post
    My apologies in advance if these questions are covered elsewhere. I have looked over a lot of the FAQ's and other posts and can't seem to find specific info on this stuff. So, this is not my first time coming to the Gorge, but first time camping there for DMB. I am bringing a small travel trailer pulled by a medium sized pick-up. Gorge officials say this is fine if it fits into the allotted space which they say is 15' X 25' in standard camping (aka District 9). So a couple of questions:

1. Do I need to be concerned about that exact space allotment, or will there be room to park both vehicles, with the trailer awning extended out? If not, is it worthwhile to purchase a second camping pass and take up that space?

2. Do they allow generators?

3. Are you allowed to drive out and back in at you leisure, and if so, is this a difficult process?

4. I have heard that they sell standard camping passes onsite. Do they also sell Premier onsite?

Lastly, I have noticed on this thread that there are a lot of people flying in that are concerned about equipment (tents, chairs, etc.). I have a couple of extra tents that I would be willing to loan people if someone is in need. One will sleep 2-3 quite comfortably with all your belongings inside. The other one will sleep 4-5 the same way. If anyone is interested in that please let me know and we can figure out a way to meet up.

Thanks in advance.
    1. The secret to getting enough space is to pull in wider than they're telling you to, and to jump out immediately and start staking out your space with your gear. When they pull in the next car, they'll pull it in next to the space you've claimed. Chat up the neighbours, make sure you're not encroaching on their space, and make friends, since you'll be camping together for the weekend!

2. Yes

3. Yes, but make sure you don't return to camp too close to show time, as the traffic can start to build up quite a bit in the afternoons.

4. Yes, they will have standard camping for sale at the gate. Nothing else -- all other camping levels are sold out.

Gorge FAQ Gorge Roster
    eliz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #854
    Maya150

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Hi all,

I'm crazy excited about making my first to the Gorge. My friends and I are flying in, and we are planning to check a cooler as one of our bags.

Can anyone recommend what size cooler would be adequate/ample for three people's drinking/eating needs? We are planning to eat at the campsite for most of our meals, and I'm thinking we'll need to cool at least 2 cases of beer and some bottles of wine. I also don't want to have to walk to buy ice from the store a lot, if I can avoid it.

Thanks for your help everyone. I can't believe Labor Dave Weekend is almost upon us! Been planning for SO long.
    Maya150 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2016, 12:20 PM   #855
    sbrother

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Question does anyone know if they have actual ticket scalpers outside of the venue. I got sent the wrong tickets and am now scrambling to buy N2 tickets. I would rather not pay jacked up prices but if i get desperate I will have to. I'm hoping to find elsewhere just as a last resort
    sbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2016, 12:22 PM   #856
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by number41allday View Post
    are there scalpers inside premier/general camping that will have tickets...reasonable prices? i am in need of two more N2 lawns. i leave Sunday to start my road trip and am worried about delivery if i order between now and then.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sbrother View Post
    Question does anyone know if they have actual ticket scalpers outside of the venue. I got sent the wrong tickets and am now scrambling to buy N2 tickets. I would rather not pay jacked up prices but if i get desperate I will have to. I'm hoping to find elsewhere just as a last resort
    Who sent you the wrong tickets? Can't you get them to send you the right ones?

Keep watching the boards. Plenty will pop up for all three nights.
    Old 08-25-2016, 12:28 PM   #857
    sbrother

My Tour Central Stats

I bought them off the warehouse boards and he sent N1 not N2. He hasn't responded to my emails yet hopefully he still has N2 but I doubt it. I am also leaving town Tuesday so I'm getting pretty close to the deadline. I am going to be watching the boards like a hawk just wondering about last resort. Hell i might slip the guy at the door a 50 and bolt if i have to.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Who sent you the wrong tickets? Can't you get them to send you the right ones?

Keep watching the boards. Plenty will pop up for all three nights.
    Old 08-25-2016, 12:53 PM   #858
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

No real scalpers at the Gorge, as it's in the middle of nowhere and no money to be made by the scalpers if they were there, any extra tickets will be sold/given away at way under face by concert goers there. And always check with the box office at the main entrance; they usually release more tickets.
    Old 08-25-2016, 01:02 PM   #859
    sbrother

My Tour Central Stats

That is what I figured

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    No real scalpers at the Gorge, as it's in the middle of nowhere and no money to be made by the scalpers if they were there, any extra tickets will be sold/given away at way under face by concert goers there. And always check with the box office at the main entrance; they usually release more tickets.
    Old 08-25-2016, 01:52 PM   #860
    LuckySeven

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Gorge Camping at a Glance doc mentioned that Terrace camping may have option to store an extra vehicle on-site for $100. Is this a real-deal or a unicorn? How do I inquire about this arrangement?

Can't wait - this will be our 10th year in a row at the Gorge, but first time in Terrace! Only 6 more sleeps til we leave town!! #FreeDoDo!!!
    LuckySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2016, 03:05 PM   #861
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LuckySeven View Post
    Gorge Camping at a Glance doc mentioned that Terrace camping may have option to store an extra vehicle on-site for $100. Is this a real-deal or a unicorn? How do I inquire about this arrangement?

Can't wait - this will be our 10th year in a row at the Gorge, but first time in Terrace! Only 6 more sleeps til we leave town!! #FreeDoDo!!!
    No way to now for sure now, check at the gate, worst case pay the $90ish to store extra vehicle at General Camping
    Old 08-26-2016, 06:40 AM   #862
    ryanfitz
    F U BYU! CSU sucks also

Shows Seen: 95

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sbrother View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    Oh, there's one scalper for sure. He's a fat fucker with a lip stud that is a complete asshole. Don't expect to pay less than $200-250 per ticket for lawn seats if you leave it up to the scalpers.

Basically, if you don't find N2 tickets before you leave, and you have a tough time finding them in the lot/around the venue on N1, then get some instant tickets on StubHub. You'll pay less.

Having said all that, you'll find N2 tickets for face before you leave.
    "Laramie, Wyoming is one of the Top 5 hardest places to play. They have a hatred for BYU that's unrivaled, even by Utah standards! It was tougher to play in Laramie than against the Eagles in Philly. I felt safer in Philly than I did in Laramie." - Steve Young, on why BYU decided to go Independent in football

Welcome to Dunk Town, USA
    Congrats, Larry Nance!
    ryanfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2016, 07:15 AM   #863
    danielalan

Shows Seen: 135

My Tour Central Stats

stupid question.....is there a specific area that is "known" to be the best of I want to go to the river for a swim
    And chill? Can I bring beers?
    danielalan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2016, 09:47 AM   #864
    draegs

Shows Seen: 64

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Does anyone know if Lone Bellow or Lake Street Dive is opening first?
    Old 08-26-2016, 09:51 AM   #865
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

My Tour Central Stats

i don't think its been announced yet. which one of those two is a bigger act? I imagine they'd play second
    Old 08-26-2016, 10:21 AM   #866
    apease

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Not sure the order, but Lake Street Dive is from here in MA. Highly recommend making a point to make it into the venue on time to check them out - I was pumped when I found out they'd be opening.

edit, see for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LhsE-uqqE0

Last edited by apease; 08-26-2016 at 10:24 AM.
    apease is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2016, 10:24 AM   #867
    DoDaFoo
    I'll do the same

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

I'd imagine the order is Lone Bellow, Lake Street, DMB.

2024 - D&T Mexico for my 100th show! + Pine Knob, SPAC, Gorge, and Bourbon & Beyond
    DoDaFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2016, 10:27 AM   #868
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by apease View Post
    Not sure the order, but Lake Street Dive is from here in MA. Highly recommend making a point to make it into the venue on time to check them out - I was pumped when I found out they'd be opening.

edit, see for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LhsE-uqqE0
    i've listened to a little bit of their stuff, my crew heads in early so we will be seeing them all three nights. they fit well with the vibe of the gorge
    Old 08-26-2016, 10:40 AM   #869
    DoDaFoo
    I'll do the same

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

I saw Lake Street here in Seattle earlier this year. They're a lot of fun. I don't know that we'll be in to see them all 3 nights, but we'll probably try to see them twice.

2024 - D&T Mexico for my 100th show! + Pine Knob, SPAC, Gorge, and Bourbon & Beyond
    DoDaFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2016, 11:42 AM   #870
    weiand9

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Heading out to find that dreaming tree to Hitch my ride to:-)DMB Dreaming Tree Hitch small.jpg
    weiand9 is offline   Reply With Quote