Warehouse/DMB has sold out. - Page 6 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #151
ExistenceNow
AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Warehouse/DMB has sold out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justink View Post
What's gonna happen when all you GA lovers get to the gates at 10am and wait for 8 hours, get in for a good spot, wait for another 2.5 hours until the band come on and someone shows up during the 3rd song late as hell and pushes right by you using what I call "the cute girl takes the lead and meathead shoves in behind her" method all the way to the front. And suddenly, your die hard 10 hour waiting ass is all of a sudden 20 rows back when you just watched the opener on the rail or close to it?

Btw, it's going to happen.
Yup.

This is a post by Royce after he was GA at the Oklahoma City show the year before last:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCow View Post
Just got back as well.

First off, we're exhausted. We got there at 8 AM, had to battle the heat and poor organization by the ballpark staff to get in and we ended up square in front of Dave on the second row. Never been that close and probably never will again.

So that was awesome.

What was not so awesome. THE PEOPLE AROUND US. We had some seriously cool folks there. Jeff was a really awesome dude that was very cool. There was another guy that had his shirt off that was cool too. I didn't get his name. Some people we met outside and hung with were truly awesome. But there were some drunk morons (mainly these two guys and a girl) that did their darndest to ruin my experience.

They argued often, yelled ridiculous things and were in general, douches. My wife brought a sign to hold up and while I know signs aren't everyone's favorite to have in front, she would flash it in between songs for just a second but the douches behind me would yell, "PUT THAT SHIT DOWN! HEY BITCH! PUT THAT SHIT DOWN!" Had I not waited 12 hours to be where I was at, I would've honestly turned around and punch him in the mouth. I don't get why people act that way.

THEN, these couple of girls fought their way up to the front during the encore and they tried to cut us. It was annoying. For some reason they were obsessed with this one girl and kept pointing at her during every song. Dave made sure she got a stick which was ridiculous because she didn't deserve it.

And finally, Carter came over and attempted to give my estastic wife a stick. He saw her sign and came over and looked right at her. He leaned over to toss her the stick and this ass jumped up and got it. It was a shame because it was a guy we sat with and hung with during the day. My wife broke down and was upset and she asked him but he wouldn't give it up. Just cold-hearted, he held onto that stick. Even though it was meant for her and not him. Hopefully he knows that and knows how upset it made her...

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #152
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Yup.

This is a post by Royce after he was GA at the Oklahoma City show the year before last:
    Fun times, fun times.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #153
    Cornbread4140

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Happened in Syracuse, waited in line for 3 hours got in, waited for 2.5 hours. Then during YMDT, ppl started pushing up. At least 6 fights broke out because ppl were trying to push up. I was 3 rows back to start ended up being about 6 ppl deep. In all 20 shows i've been to never had that happen. its only going to get worse.
    Cornbread4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #154
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

^ exactly how I see this going for the most part.

Shows with built in/permanent small pits like the woodlands won't be too bad. But those generally large and unsolidified GA areas like hershey, citi field, Dallas, gorge... Those will be a nightmare.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #155
    Cornbread4140

Shows Seen: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah the SPAC pit is the best. Im from kingwood so im pumped to be going back home for the woodlands
    Cornbread4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-09-2010, 02:47 AM   #156
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

^ welcome home brother
    Old 02-09-2010, 05:19 AM   #157
    chach1369
    Bluto

Shows Seen: 48

My Tour Central Stats

Not a huge fan of the whole GA thing. Experienced that with last year's Des Moines and North Little Rock shows. Pretty much everyone in the GA crowd were assholes, pushing and shoving for the closest spot, yelling at you if you dare step in front of them. That's no way to enjoy a concert. We ended up just heading to the back of the GA area where no one was and dancing our asses off.
    chach1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-09-2010, 05:25 AM   #158
    gravedigger2424
    Lookatme:)

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What's gonna happen when all you GA lovers get to the gates at 10am and wait for 8 hours, get in for a good spot, wait for another 2.5 hours until the band come on and someone shows up during the 3rd song late as hell and pushes right by you using what I call "the cute girl takes the lead and meathead shoves in behind her" method all the way to the front. And suddenly, your die hard 10 hour waiting ass is all of a sudden 20 rows back when you just watched the opener on the rail or close to it?

Yes this happens if you are a girl. I was in Vanderbilt and there was nothing I mean NOTHING wrong with waiting all day, waiting 2 hours for the band to come on, and Jamming the fuck out as close as I have every been in 20+ shows being a non-warehouse member. It was legendary.

gravedigger2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-09-2010, 05:48 AM   #159
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

^ so you're saying you're a prick asshole who didn't yield to the smaller, weaker sex?

What a gentleman.
    Old 02-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #160
    bigeyedfish1979
    And in this moment.....

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Yup.

Fuck hearing some of these stories I kinda hop I don't get GA pit knowing my impatience with douchbags at concerts I'll end up getting in a scrap.
    bigeyedfish1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #161
    npm352

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I've been on the fence at GA shows in front of Dave 3 times. If you are on the fence and hold onto the fence you're fine. Girls will try to come up and grab the rail and I'd just push their hand off and get in their way. Once they get the rail they are there and that's crap. I never let it happen. When you are up close you know very well who has been there since it was dark in the morning and who hasn't and I don't let that crap fly personally.

If you aren't on the fence then people will weasel there way up if you let them. I'd just turn and tell them if they want to get closer they need to get in front of someone else.

If you aren't assertive you will get taken advantage of. If you are, the douches will move on to the next person hoping they are push-overs.
    npm352 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #162
    Sabres914

Shows Seen: 85

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

NPM, you couldn't have said it any better.
    Old 02-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #163
    TripPin BilLie
    What It Is.

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

i did GA at syracuse and i will most likely never do it again if it doesnt involve seating. im a short girl also, and being shoved and pushed by massive guys for 7 hours and also getting shafted out of a drumstick by some 6'2 douchelord that pushed me and everybody next to me for it. it was a great concert nonetheless, but unless theres seating involved im not interested.
    Old 02-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #164
    rlpi100

Shows Seen: 67

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dmbandcarter View Post
    After long review and thought I'm debating buying any tickets this summer. I feel completely abandoned as a seasoned warehouse member. 9 years I've had front row, 3rd center and 6th center but this year; I am completely disgusted with the band and its image. $80 for field standing this is a joke. The Warehouse and the Dave Matthews Band as a whole should be completely disappointed with themselves. They've completely disregarded their senior fans to attract younger crowds. That's awesome but you can't do it by forgetting about who got you there.

Sorry guys I didn't know where to put this at and couldn't find anything on it.
    Point me in the right direction if this was already started. If not lets vent.

-Matt

rlpi100 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #165
    CrushGotMe
    I can play ABI

Shows Seen: 64

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsEmilyNYC View Post
    Oh hell yes there will.

I still think the size of the GA pit will help. Everyone is comparing their GA experiences to large GA's, like the minor league baseball stadiums and indoor arenas. Those will be bad, always have been, always will.

But some venues, like the ampitheaters, will have smaller GA's, those won't be bad at all.
    Old 02-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #166
    MovinWINE2TEARs
    i was a monkey

Shows Seen: 39

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrushGotMe View Post
    I still think the size of the GA pit will help. Everyone is comparing their GA experiences to large GA's, like the minor league baseball stadiums and indoor arenas. Those will be bad, always have been, always will.

But some venues, like the ampitheaters, will have smaller GA's, those won't be bad at all.

agreed. I think it will be a smaller area even at the larer venues... they are not just going to make it a free-for-all....And to the goon who is going to say, "Uh, don't you know what GA means?" Yes, I do. But its going to be small and controlled., forrr sho'.

I love Deer Creek.
    MovinWINE2TEARs is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #167
    RiotAct

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MovinWINE2TEARs View Post
    agreed. I think it will be a smaller area even at the larer venues... they are not just going to make it a free-for-all....And to the goon who is going to say, "Uh, don't you know what GA means?" Yes, I do. But its going to be small and controlled., forrr sho'.
    Security at most venues can't even control people when there's assigned seating, how the hell are they going to manage it with a GA pit???

Old 02-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #168
    MovinWINE2TEARs
    i was a monkey

Shows Seen: 39

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    Security at most venues can't even control people when there's assigned seating, how the hell are they going to manage it with a GA pit???

that's what im getting at. It'll most likely be a small enough enclosed area that it wont really be an issue. Part of that is wishful thinking, part past experience. As for Hershey, I really dont know how close my prediction will be. Guess we'll see!

I love Deer Creek.
    MovinWINE2TEARs is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #169
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MovinWINE2TEARs View Post
    that's what im getting at. It'll most likely be a small enough enclosed area that it wont really be an issue. Part of that is wishful thinking, part past experience. As for Hershey, I really dont know how close my prediction will be. Guess we'll see!
    Hershey is going to be terrible. No question about it. Out of all the venues affected by this policy, nowhere will it have more of an adverse effect than at Hershey.
    Beebz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #170
    gripes81
    bout half

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Someones sig. Led me to this thread and can I say I think the pit was a sucess. I got on the rail at wrigley n1 and was about 3rd row n2 and I probably would've never been that close without paying 1k per ticket otherwise. I don't really care where my tickets are from here on out because I just wanted to be that close atleast once to experience it and now ill take my regular pavilion tickets with a smile on my face. And for the record, imo, the concert sounds better if your a little farther back...but I mean we all know your not cool unless your on the rail for 50 shows a year
    gripes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #171
    jeepguy

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

this is what happens when LiveNation gets involved
    jeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-25-2010, 05:58 PM   #172
    RiotAct

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gripes81 View Post
    Someones sig. Led me to this thread and can I say I think the pit was a sucess. I got on the rail at wrigley n1 and was about 3rd row n2 and I probably would've never been that close without paying 1k per ticket otherwise. I don't really care where my tickets are from here on out because I just wanted to be that close atleast once to experience it and now ill take my regular pavilion tickets with a smile on my face. And for the record, imo, the concert sounds better if your a little farther back...but I mean we all know your not cool unless your on the rail for 50 shows a year
    I agree 1,000% with you I was very curious to see how GA Pit/Field would work out this summer, and it went very well IMO... was GA for 8 out of my 9 shows; saw one fight, a couple shoving matches, a couple loud arguments, and one person pass out from heat exhaustion. Total.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #173
    jeepguy

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

this is the 1st year I did not attend any DMB shows with GA.......no desire to fight the crowds.

on the other hand, will be in Vegas for the D&T shows
    jeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #174
    dirtyjerz

Shows Seen: 14

My Tour Central Stats

there's way too many of these "why isn't DMB the old DMB" "they sold out" "it isn't like the old days". stop complaining, go to the show and enjoy yourself, if you aren't, i'll take your ticket and have a damn good time.

went to 5 shows this summer, going to 3 more this fall, and don't regret it a single bit.
    Old 10-25-2010, 07:32 PM   #175
    gripes81
    bout half

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeepguy View Post
    this is the 1st year I did not attend any DMB shows with GA.......no desire to fight the crowds.

on the other hand, will be in Vegas for the D&T shows
    So unless you can be up front you don't wanna go...good logic, there was regular seating at the shows I went as well as ga...but that probably wasn't good enough for you
    gripes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-25-2010, 09:39 PM   #176
    Sabres914

Shows Seen: 85

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

I was really hoping the fall tour wouldn't be GA but hey what can ya do.