Warehouse/DMB has sold out. - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-05-2010, 05:13 AM   #91
bigeyedfish1979
And in this moment.....

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Warehouse/DMB has sold out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justink View Post
this whole argument is stupid.

FACT: It is screwing over senior members

FACT: Non-senior members are happy and get a chance to get closer

FACT: It is a violation of the original Wh member "contract" stating: "Join the Warehouse Fan Community for the best seats in the house assigned by seniority membership" (wish i still had the email)

so, to the people happy about this change in ticketing policy, fine. we get that you're happy, we know why you're happy, we're happy for you. but don't try to snow us into thinking "this is good for the band! this is what the band wants! or it's not unfair to senior members, you'll still get good seats!" because that dog just ain't gonna hunt.

i seriously think the senior members need to pick a day and flood the Wh with phone calls all day long stating their displeasure. it won't change anything for this tour, but maybe it will keep this clusterfuck from happening in the future.

i can't wait til the tour starts and 85% of these people thinking GA is an awesome idea realize that it's going to be a warzone for good spots and a nightmare to get back to their spot after a piss/beer break and come back here whining about it.

also, be prepared for a sharp decline in the quality AND number of tapes. there may be a few shows that don't get taped at all.

Simple solution; if "senior" members are this upset about it don't go to the shows and then you know what you will find out in the end? That no one really gives a flying fuck if you're there or not. I'm so sick of this elitist mentality from "senior" members that their the only one's who should be upfront at DMB shows get the fuck over yourselves.
bigeyedfish1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-05-2010, 05:32 AM   #92
    dobyblue

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigeyedfish1979 View Post

Simple solution; if "senior" members are this upset about it don't go to the shows and then you know what you will find out in the end? That no one really gives a flying fuck if you're there or not. I'm so sick of this elitist mentality from "senior" members that they're the only ones who should be upfront at DMB shows get the fuck over yourselves.
    You're missing the point though - the original contract stated that seniority mattered. I know two Dec members, one on the 2nd day (dec.4.98 - now 585th in line from the front) and one on the 4th day (dec.7.98 - now 993rd from the front) and I totally think they should be able to get seniority based on how long they've been paying the WH money, how much money they've spent on shows and what the original contract stated. I definitely have never heard them state that they should be the only people up front, but they should certainly stand the best chance of getting there based on the original WH contract. I remember getting that little placard myself, wish I had taken advantage of it. I joined Sep-29-01 and I'm just over 7,500th in line. I'm happy getting whatever seats I get and I'm perfectly fine with seniority being applied, I think that's the way it should be for at least one night of every two night stand and two nights of The Gorge. That's the whole original idea behind the WH for God's sakes!
    Old 02-05-2010, 05:38 AM   #93
    amberleigh

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
    You're missing the point though - the original contract stated that seniority mattered. I know two Dec members, one on the 2nd day (dec.4.98 - now 585th in line from the front) and one on the 4th day (dec.7.98 - now 993rd from the front) and I totally think they should be able to get seniority based on how long they've been paying the WH money, how much money they've spent on shows and what the original contract stated. I definitely have never heard them state that they should be the only people up front, but they should certainly stand the best chance of getting there based on the original WH contract. I remember getting that little placard myself, wish I had taken advantage of it. I joined Sep-29-01 and I'm just over 7,500th in line. I'm happy getting whatever seats I get and I'm perfectly fine with seniority being applied, I think that's the way it should be for at least one night of every two night stand and two nights of The Gorge. That's the whole original idea behind the WH for God's sakes!
    How do you know where you stand in line as far your member status????
    Old 02-05-2010, 05:42 AM   #94
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davet7462 View Post
    I respectfully disagree with my chicken wing-eating Harrisburg, PA friend. The real problem is all the old time WH members who request tickets for shows they have zero intention of going to - and then flipping those tickets for a profit (i.e. - scalping) - to the detriment of the WH members who actually request tickets for shows they're going to go to. This is my biggest beef with the WH - and I wish like hell they'd will call all tickets. Otherwise - these valuable WH tickets are being used as a way for old time WH members (some - not all) to turn a nice tidy profit.

And.....is that a good or bad thing?
    Yeah, that's a problem. But its not the problem the OP is referring to. He;'s saying that there are, essentially, no good seats left at major venues.

Speaking from experience at Hershey, he's right. The only good seats there were the front reserved, which is now standing room only GA. If Im paying $80 bucks for a ticket, I want to go into the stadium when Im ready, get to my seat, be able to leave and piss/drink more, etc. So my choices are to stand with the masses, or pay the same price to sit in the shitty grandstands far from the stage.

Furthermore, what exactly is the benefit for being in the Warehouse at this point? Tickets were the only draw. That's been removed. Im not a Warehouse member, but if I was, yeah, id be really irritated about this.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    85 is a lot imo. Especially when you consider that when you go to the bathroom or to get a drink you lose your seat.
    Yup.
    Beebz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 06:35 AM   #95
    hmich176
    SarcMark(TM)

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    85 is a lot imo. Especially when you consider that when you go to the bathroom or to get a drink you lose your seat.
    I never go to the bathroom during a show. Even if WAYG comes on.
    hmich176 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 06:45 AM   #96
    hmich176
    SarcMark(TM)

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbianca1982 View Post
    Speaking from experience at Hershey, he's right. The only good seats there were the front reserved, which is now standing room only GA. If Im paying $80 bucks for a ticket, I want to go into the stadium when Im ready, get to my seat, be able to leave and piss/drink more, etc. So my choices are to stand with the masses, or pay the same price to sit in the shitty grandstands far from the stage.
    I agree that Hershey's going to suck with the GA all over the field. And there's no good alternative because the grandstands suck. Hershey is already a sucky venue, and this will probably make it worse. At other amphitheaters I don't seeing it as bad, because at least you have seats in the 200s.

I'm going for GA and we'll see what happens. I figure it's probably the only shot I've got at getting as close as I can. I'd think that for 80 bucks it would weed out some people who are just going to be straight up douches that would be in the lawn. But without a doubt, it's overpriced.

And Ricky, I know the United States isn't Europe. Doesn't mean we can't try their venue set up and see how it goes. It's fucking stupid that just because Europe does something means we shouldn't do it or try it, because they do it. Not every concept the Europeans have will work in the US, sure. But we're talking concert venues.

And it works for plenty of other bands. This is just a lot of .
    hmich176 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 06:48 AM   #97
    americanemu25
    All Night Long

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

wait they sold out of pre-orders?!?! f...i still gotta order mine!

BUTTER!!!!!!! FLY!!!!! YAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYAaaaaaaa!!!!!
    americanemu25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 06:55 AM   #98
    berman1125

Shows Seen: 84

My Tour Central Stats

yea just the whole standing in line allllllll day really turns me off to this. oh well
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zrroot View Post
    Do You Remember has been played 92 times since 2017. Dreaming Tree has been played 99 times since 1998
    berman1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 06:57 AM   #99
    harryhoudini
    I'm Batman

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

warehouse is more or less useless for some venues now. and its not an elitest attitude, they paid their dues and should be compensated in some way for that. warehouse doesn't do club member only shows or any other real perks. the only perk was that for non-random seating shows if you were a senior member you got great seats. that is now removed so what incentive is there to be a long time warehouse member?

also $80 a ticket is absurd. i don't care what others are doing, thats crazy. the economy is down, many of the middle class and younger people that see dave are hurting, yet ticket prices increase? if i were any of you just don't buy tickets until close to the date of the show. there will be plenty floating around for 90% of these venues for well below face. unless they are terrific seats (and it looks like for most venues this won't be possible) they won't sell for $80 a piece.
    Old 02-05-2010, 07:01 AM   #100
    dobyblue

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amberleigh View Post
    How do you know where you stand in line as far your member status????
    You can sort members by join date now in the new WH layout...find the page you're on multiple the pages ahead of you by 20 (because there are 20 members per page) plus where you are on your page = your position from #1 spot.
    Old 02-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #101
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmich176 View Post
    I agree that Hershey's going to suck with the GA all over the field. And there's no good alternative because the grandstands suck. Hershey is already a sucky venue, and this will probably make it worse. At other amphitheaters I don't seeing it as bad, because at least you have seats in the 200s.

I'm going for GA and we'll see what happens. I figure it's probably the only shot I've got at getting as close as I can. I'd think that for 80 bucks it would weed out some people who are just going to be straight up douches that would be in the lawn. But without a doubt, it's overpriced.

And Ricky, I know the United States isn't Europe. Doesn't mean we can't try their venue set up and see how it goes. It's fucking stupid that just because Europe does something means we shouldn't do it or try it, because they do it. Not every concept the Europeans have will work in the US, sure. But we're talking concert venues.

And it works for plenty of other bands. This is just a lot of .
    Yeah, Im basing all my complaints on Hershey. Its sort of an extenuating circumstance because the only good seats in the entire venue have now been reduced to GA. Its just awful. That venue isnt great, but if you had reserved it was fine. Really good, even.

But now its going to be a complete clusterfuck. It may be the exception to the rule, but since it affects me, I get to be pissed.
    Old 02-05-2010, 07:07 AM   #102
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, that's a problem. But its not the problem the OP is referring to. He;'s saying that there are, essentially, no good seats left at major venues.

I agree with you on the Hershey seating - as well as ballpark seating and indoor arena seating. For ampitheatres - its not really a huge issue because they're only eliminating pit seating. Even if you're at the 'back' of the pit - those are still pretty good 'seats.'

Quote:
    Furthermore, what exactly is the benefit for being in the Warehouse at this point? Tickets were the only draw. That's been removed. Im not a Warehouse member, but if I was, yeah, id be really irritated about this.
    An extra 4 songs on the bonus disc for the Vegas shows?
    davet7462 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 07:08 AM   #103
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, Im basing all my complaints on Hershey. Its sort of an extenuating circumstance because the only good seats in the entire venue have now been reduced to GA. Its just awful. That venue isnt great, but if you had reserved it was fine. Really good, even.

But now its going to be a complete clusterfuck. It may be the exception to the rule, but since it affects me, I get to be pissed.
    Hell - just move to Phoenix - that'd solve your problem.
    davet7462 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #104
    barntotheish

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Definitely going to be a clusterfuck at Hershey, but this is a unique venue. There is so much wasted space with all the chairs on the field, that I can't say I blame them for just doing GA for the field. I was in the stands last year and crowd in the field seats was just lame. Hands in pockets/sitting. Doing GA will def bring more energy to the front and allow more people in that space as well(no chairs).

I do, however, see the downside to this set up. My girlfriend, soon to be fiance(shh, don't tell her yet), is 5'0'' and will not be able to get GA in any of the stadiums or Hershey due to her lack of height. We are not willing to sacrafice our pregame to attempt to lock up a close spot to the stage, its just not worth it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't there other venues that the longtime warehouse members will still have access to the excellent seats they clearly deserve? Share the love, stop complaining.
    Old 02-05-2010, 07:26 AM   #105
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

Shows Seen: 107

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dmbandcarter View Post
    After long review and thought I'm debating buying any tickets this summer. I feel completely abandoned as a seasoned warehouse member. 9 years I've had front row, 3rd center and 6th center but this year; I am completely disgusted with the band and its image. $80 for field standing this is a joke. The Warehouse and the Dave Matthews Band as a whole should be completely disappointed with themselves. They've completely disregarded their senior fans to attract younger crowds. That's awesome but you can't do it by forgetting about who got you there.

Sorry guys I didn't know where to put this at and couldn't find anything on it.
    Point me in the right direction if this was already started. If not lets vent.

-Matt
    Not to be a pain in the ass or "that chick", but if you've had 9 years of front row, you need to stop complaining. Have a brew, chill out. Love them for the music and not dwell on what you aren't getting.

That'd be like if I came in here saying "WTF I'm on the lawn this summer. I used to see the band and be so clsoe that I'd touch the freaking stage in the early 90s!" I'd probably get punched.
    Calm down, 12.
    dmbgodagirl41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 07:49 AM   #106
    Dmbandcarter

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Just looking at this again. and i'm just saying i've been a warehouse member for 9 years. i've had front row 2 times. i personally feel that the warehouse is dicking over senior members

2010 Festival Season - Delfest, Camp Bisco, Muddy River Jam Festival
    Dmbandcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #107
    Jpikr005

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

i've been a member since 04 and can't complain. i got 4th row randalls island one year (and field the other night that year, so thats fair) and then got to tickets to whiskey release party. warehouse is an awesome opportunity for the fans.
    Old 02-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #108
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davet7462 View Post
    I agree with you on the Hershey seating - as well as ballpark seating and indoor arena seating. For ampitheatres - its not really a huge issue because they're only eliminating pit seating. Even if you're at the 'back' of the pit - those are still pretty good 'seats.'

An extra 4 songs on the bonus disc for the Vegas shows?
    haha, yeah, for $35 that bonus disc is awesome!

Actually, I am kinda pissed about that. I didnt preorder because I dont want the four song disc, but would have easily preordered for the eight-songer.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by barntotheish View Post
    Definitely going to be a clusterfuck at Hershey, but this is a unique venue. There is so much wasted space with all the chairs on the field, that I can't say I blame them for just doing GA for the field. I was in the stands last year and crowd in the field seats was just lame. Hands in pockets/sitting. Doing GA will def bring more energy to the front and allow more people in that space as well(no chairs).

I do, however, see the downside to this set up. My girlfriend, soon to be fiance(shh, don't tell her yet), is 5'0'' and will not be able to get GA in any of the stadiums or Hershey due to her lack of height. We are not willing to sacrafice our pregame to attempt to lock up a close spot to the stage, its just not worth it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't there other venues that the longtime warehouse members will still have access to the excellent seats they clearly deserve? Share the love, stop complaining.
    That really sucks for your future ex-wife.

Im 6-6, so sightlines arent the problem. Its the leaving to get beer/piss and the lack of an actual seat location that irritates me. Like you, Im not cutting my tailgate experience short to stand in line for four hours. I dont care that Im even in the front. But 20 feet in front of the traditional GA would suuuuuuuuuck. I really think Im gonna shoot for grandstands.
    Old 02-05-2010, 08:39 AM   #109
    barntotheish

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

That really sucks for your future ex-wife.
    Hahaha! My best friend already hit me with that joke, it's a good one though.
    Old 02-05-2010, 12:01 PM   #110
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbgodagirl41 View Post
    Not to be a pain in the ass or "that chick", but if you've had 9 years of front row, you need to stop complaining. Have a brew, chill out. Love them for the music and not dwell on what you aren't getting.

That'd be like if I came in here saying "WTF I'm on the lawn this summer. I used to see the band and be so clsoe that I'd touch the freaking stage in the early 90s!" I'd probably get punched.
    I didn't realize Obama had taken over the wrong WH.

Last edited by justink; 02-05-2010 at 12:02 PM.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #111
    LesLuvsDMB

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

I am not quite sure how i feel about the new seating. Personally I've only been like 4th row one time and that was only because I bought 1 ticket. I do enjoy tailgaiting and knowing I have a seat, but I would also like the opportunity to be really close with my friends for once.
    Old 02-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #112
    rickyh24
    GOAT

Shows Seen: 76

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmich176 View Post
    I never go to the bathroom during a show. Even if WAYG comes on.
    I go to the bathroom when I have to pee.
    rickyh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #113
    seekup41nancies

Shows Seen: 71

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I go to the bathroom when I have to pee.
    I do the same. We're weird.
    Old 02-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #114
    Bafugama
    I'm Not Bruce Willis.

Shows Seen: 12

My Tour Central Stats

All I have to say is fuck... Let me reiterate--FUCK you to all the little bitches who have been arguing for this as a great idea. I can not believe there are people who actually are saying that people who are senior WH members aren't entitled to more because of their seniority... Really? We're entitled to more because we've been, um... Pumping money into this band for numerous years... If there's one thing in the world that in fact DOES grant you an entitlement to something, it's having supported that thing financially for longer than other people. Get over ourselves?!?! Get the fuck over yourself, you douches.

I've put several thousand of dollars into this band over the years (if not tens of thousands) through tickets, WH fees, albums, etc... The one thing that should be provided to me by them/management is an upper hand over people who have not supported them in the same tax bracket as I have.

I have a hard time seeing this working out in the long run, because I think there's going to be fights/drug and alcohol abuse/general obnoxious behavior in these GA areas that will encourage DMB and management to get rid of it, hopefully after only this year's tour.

It's not right that people have been paying shit tons of money to this band for years upon years to reach this point where they can get good seats, and now they're getting pushed back. That's completely unfair.

Brian, I'm sorry about Hershey. For a place that has great shows almost annually in spite of the design, this rule change is almost a death sentance for it as a die-hard fan concert. I've been to Hershey more than any other venue to see this band, and this is terrible, terrible news. You should take a weekend vacation and travel somewhere else... I don't think Hershey is worth it with this rule in place.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by efraser77 View Post
    You are the John McClane of teh Interwebz, cuz you killed it just now.
    Bafugama is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #115
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seekup41nancies View Post
    I do the same. We're weird.
    We must not really like this band too much.
    Old 02-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #116
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

I'm just going to throw this out there. Just because someone is not in the warehouse does not mean they have not spent thousands on this band.
    Old 02-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #117
    Bafugama
    I'm Not Bruce Willis.

Shows Seen: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm just going to throw this out there. Just because someone is not in the warehouse does not mean they have not spent thousands on this band.
    I know.... But you agree with me.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by efraser77 View Post
    You are the John McClane of teh Interwebz, cuz you killed it just now.
    Bafugama is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #118
    CrushGotMe
    I can play ABI

Shows Seen: 64

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

I'll pay 50 bucks for a 98 warehouse membership...since you old guys dont want them, make a little money...
    Old 02-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #119
    CrushGotMe
    I can play ABI

Shows Seen: 64

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bafugama View Post
    All I have to say is fuck... Let me reiterate--FUCK you to all the little bitches who have been arguing for this as a great idea. I can not believe there are people who actually are saying that people who are senior WH members aren't entitled to more because of their seniority... Really? We're entitled to more because we've been, um... Pumping money into this band for numerous years... If there's one thing in the world that in fact DOES grant you an entitlement to something, it's having supported that thing financially for longer than other people. Get over ourselves?!?! Get the fuck over yourself, you douches.

I've put several thousand of dollars into this band over the years (if not tens of thousands) through tickets, WH fees, albums, etc... The one thing that should be provided to me by them/management is an upper hand over people who have not supported them in the same tax bracket as I have.

I have a hard time seeing this working out in the long run, because I think there's going to be fights/drug and alcohol abuse/general obnoxious behavior in these GA areas that will encourage DMB and management to get rid of it, hopefully after only this year's tour.

It's not right that people have been paying shit tons of money to this band for years upon years to reach this point where they can get good seats, and now they're getting pushed back. That's completely unfair.

Brian, I'm sorry about Hershey. For a place that has great shows almost annually in spite of the design, this rule change is almost a death sentance for it as a die-hard fan concert. I've been to Hershey more than any other venue to see this band, and this is terrible, terrible news. You should take a weekend vacation and travel somewhere else... I don't think Hershey is worth it with this rule in place.

The band will get more fans and make more money. Plus, the GA pit is like what 5-8 rows at each venue? Are you really that mad over 5-8 rows?

Edit: And your logic doesn't promote more fans. If you love the band so much, stop being selfish and help promote the growth of the warehouse and the band. If someone wanted to join the warehouse, but knew they would never get good seats until you old guys gave up your membership, they wouldn't join, b/c you guys won't give up your membership. If you love the band so much, you should love them from the back or the front, if not, your just some poser. Years of paying or not, you haven't done anything more than plenty of younger fans, you were just lucky enough to join in 98, that shouldn't entitle you to anything.

This promotes band popularity, growth and making the entire DMB experience better. Act like a true fan.

Last edited by CrushGotMe; 02-05-2010 at 02:55 PM.
    CrushGotMe is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #120
    mmccoy173

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dmbandcarter View Post
    After long review and thought I'm debating buying any tickets this summer. I feel completely abandoned as a seasoned warehouse member. 9 years I've had front row, 3rd center and 6th center but this year; I am completely disgusted with the band and its image. $80 for field standing this is a joke. The Warehouse and the Dave Matthews Band as a whole should be completely disappointed with themselves. They've completely disregarded their senior fans to attract younger crowds. That's awesome but you can't do it by forgetting about who got you there.

Sorry guys I didn't know where to put this at and couldn't find anything on it.
    Point me in the right direction if this was already started. If not lets vent.

-Matt
    Meh, you sound pretty snobby IMO. WH membership is $40/year. Don't expect "front row" just because you stumbled upon the band 9 yrs ago.
    mmccoy173 is offline   Reply With Quote