Warehouse/DMB has sold out. - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #61
bigeyedfish1979
And in this moment.....

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Warehouse/DMB has sold out.

I think people are reading way too much in to this I'm sure people in the Warehouse will get the tickets they want or not too far off.
bigeyedfish1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #62
    Needs Spac Pavilion Tix

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    I realize they're not doing it with the sole intention of screwing people, but they are screwing senior members none-the-less.

As to the bold, lets see:

Getting to the venue 3 hours before the gates open to sit in line, running to the front of the stage, standing up front after the gates open, through the opener, through the set change, all without going to the bathroom or going to grab a drink.

OR

Tailgating and getting to the venue whenever the hell one wants. Walking in, scoping out the merch booth, grabbing a beer and maybe a snack. Walking to your reserved seat and sitting down before the opener (during if they suck, which they usually do) and through the set change. Not being crammed in with too many people because security sucks and everyone stubbed their friends down. Not getting beer spilled on me. Taking a piss if I need to or if they play WAYG and being able to come back to my seat/seat buddy.

Yea, what was I thinking? GA sounds MUCH more appealing. If I was a ten year member I'd much rather go through all that for a seat and I'd definitely keep paying $35 a year to do it.

Very well said. Like I was saying before its just a snub to senior warehouse member and warehouse newbies who joined in hopes of this not happening.
    274041 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #63
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 420th jimi View Post
    You can leave and come back. Just say you have a friend and apologize. People do have to go to the bathroom and drink.
    Adammmmmmmmmm! How you doing? Hope life is treating you nicely!
    davet7462 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #64
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 274041 View Post
    Very well said. Like I was saying before its just a snub to senior warehouse member and warehouse newbies who joined in hopes of this not happening.
    WTF? Any WH newbie who joined with any intention of actually getting pit tickets is delusional.

As for being a snub to senior members? I'll grant that's true for the ones who only request seats for shows they're going to. But way too many 'senior WH members' request for shows they have no intention of going to simply to 'scalp' those seats and make some money. That's b/s and a complete disservice to everybody else in the WH.
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #65
    GuitarGuy305
    The Last Stomp

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmich176 View Post
    It's something that's been going on in Europe for a while. I don't find it to be a joke.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    The United States of America is not Europe.
    Great point...from what I've seen/heard European audiences are more or less civil to one another...USA audiences are generally not. GA is a much better idea over there.
    GuitarGuy305 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #66
    Needs Spac Pavilion Tix

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davet7462 View Post
    WTF? Any WH newbie who joined with any intention of actually getting pit tickets is delusional.

As for being a snub to senior members? I'll grant that's true for the ones who only request seats for shows they're going to. But way too many 'senior WH members' request for shows they have no intention of going to simply to 'scalp' those seats and make some money. That's b/s and a complete disservice to everybody else in the WH.
    what the fuck are you talking about? I said with the intention of not having to deal with the fucking bull shit that goes on in the lawn. At least thats why I joined.
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #67
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Personally, I've only been in the WH since '04 so I usually just pull back of the lower pavilion (25-30th row). I have a feeling that this year my seats are going to suck considerably because a lot of the WH members ahead of me will also be requesting "reserved only" because they also don't want to deal with the GA bullshit.

Of course, that also depends on how big the pit is. In the Woodlands it's only 5 or 6 rows, so not a huge deal at all. In Dallas however, the entire lower reserved area is folding chairs and could be made into one giant pit. Awful. The entire Gorge reserved area could be made into GA too, making the entire venue GA. Fuck. That.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 02-04-2010 at 06:33 PM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #68
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    as a first year warehouse member i am sorta pissed i even bought the membership. I mean theres no point in having the membership if i can just get the ga pit tix. it almost defeats the purpose of the warehouse which is to allow for dedicated to fans to get close.

since when did 10th row become "far away"??? its GA pit. pit sections, for the most part, are like 8 rows. if you used to get 3rd row pit, you now get row 11. thats like a 20 foot difference in distance to the stage. how the fuck is that something to complain about? do you have any idea how many people would love to be even 20th row, let alone get the seats you senior members are crying over getting banished to??

EDIT - PS, i'm a dedicated fan too. so why am i still getting seats in the 200s???
    spoot388 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #69
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    what the fuck are you talking about? I said with the intention of not having to deal with the fucking bull shit that goes on in the lawn. At least thats why I joined.
    How does this policy affect anybody dealing with the lawn? In reality - this policy helps people stay off the lawn if they don't want too. More pit tickets = More Reserved Tickets = less chance of being on the lawn.

And in reality - there are only a select few venues where even new Wh members can't get pavilion tickets.
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #70
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    since when did 10th row become "far away"??? its GA pit. pit sections, for the most part, are like 8 rows. if you used to get 3rd row pit, you now get row 11. thats like a 20 foot difference in distance to the stage. how the fuck is that something to complain about? do you have any idea how many people would love to be even 20th row, let alone get the seats you senior members are crying over getting banished to??

You don't know me!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH!!!!!!!!

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #71
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Personally, I've only been in the WH since '04 so I usually just pull back of the lower pavilion (25-30th row). I have a feeling that this year my seats are going to suck considerably because a lot of the WH members ahead of me will also be requesting "reserved only" because they also don't want to deal with the GA bullshit.

Of course, that also depends on how big the pit is. In the Woodlands it's only 5 or 6 rows, so not a huge deal at all. In Dallas however, the entire lower reserved area is folding chairs and could be made into one giant pit. Awful. The entire Gorge reserved area could be made into GA too, making the entire venue GA. Fuck. That.
    Why? They'd theoretically be in front of you under either option.
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:35 PM   #72
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 420th jimi View Post
    You can leave and come back. Just say you have a friend and apologize. People do have to go to the bathroom and drink.

Even if people are willing to let you back in, it's so damn packed that close that it's almost impossible to come and go.
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #73
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Even if people are willing to let you back in, it's so damn packed that close that it's almost impossible to come and go.
    More weed. Less beer. Solved.
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #74
    Needs Spac Pavilion Tix

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    How does this policy affect anybody dealing with the lawn? In reality - this policy helps people stay off the lawn if they don't want too. More pit tickets = More Reserved Tickets = less chance of being on the lawn.

And in reality - there are only a select few venues where even new Wh members can't get pavilion tickets.
    dude I seriously have no idea how your reading my posts but you are making zero sense man. I'm saying that I joined the warehouse with the soul intention of getting tickets, close enough to the stage for face value, so i don't have to deal with the high schoolers in the lawn. Now with the GA pit seats, more of the lawn aspect of the concert will seep its way to the front row.... follow?
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #75
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Why? They'd theoretically be in front of you under either option.

Yea, but if the pit wasn't there, we'd all be 25 rows closer (or however big the pit is). Instead of being 1st row, they're now 1st row outside of the pit. Instead of my being 25th row, I'm now 25th row behind the pit.
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:38 PM   #76
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    More weed. Less beer. Solved.

Love beer. Hate weed (not morally or anything, I just don't enjoy being high anymore. Unfortunately).
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #77
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    dude I seriously have no idea how your reading my posts but you are making zero sense man. I'm saying that I joined the warehouse with the soul intention of getting tickets, close enough to the stage for face value, so i don't have to deal with the high schoolers in the lawn. Now with the GA pit seats, more of the lawn aspect of the concert will seep its way to the front row.... follow?
    If I misunderstood you - my apologies. I was referring to your post talking about newbies joining the WH and now being screwed. If you're referring to very senior WH members now having to deal with the pit - I get ya and understand what you're saying. But I was referring to your 'newbie' comment and trying to figure out how this new policy would detrimentally affect them.
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #78
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Love beer. Hate weed (not morally or anything, I just don't enjoy being high anymore. Unfortunately).
    Eh well - just trying to help eliminate the bathroom breaks for you.
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #79
    RiotAct

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Not necessarily... lots of the highschoolers/fucktards will probably be priced out. Hell, most of them aren't WH members, and aren't smart/motivated enough to try for tickets right when they go on sale, so there ya go. (Unless they have a rich daddy who will spring for scalped tickets on Stubhub or eBay).

Old 02-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #80
    Needs Spac Pavilion Tix

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If I misunderstood you - my apologies. I was referring to your post talking about newbies joining the WH and now being screwed. If you're referring to very senior WH members now having to deal with the pit - I get ya and understand what you're saying. But I was referring to your 'newbie' comment and trying to figure out how this new policy would detrimentally affect them.
    Ok so I joined the warehouse before the GA pit section was announced. With the announcement of the GA pit section I am now screwed because now anyone who wants to pay out the ass for a front row GA pit ticket can. My chance of ever getting to COMFORTABLY be close to the stage has been totally shit on.
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #81
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Eh well - just trying to help eliminate the bathroom breaks for you.

It's cool. I wont be doing GA.
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #82
    Needs Spac Pavilion Tix

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    Not necessarily... lots of the highschoolers/fucktards will probably be priced out. Hell, most of them aren't WH members, and aren't smart/motivated enough to try for tickets right when they go on sale, so there ya go. (Unless they have a rich daddy who will spring for scalped tickets on Stubhub or eBay).
    Have you ever seen saratoga?..... Rich as fuck son.
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #83
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ok so I joined the warehouse before the GA pit section was announced. With the announcement of the GA pit section I am now screwed because now anyone who wants to pay out the ass for a front row GA pit ticket can. My chance of ever getting to COMFORTABLY be close to the stage has been totally shit on.
    See - this is where I'm confused. If you joined the WH this year - then I'd say you have zero chance of ever being senior enough to get comfortably close to the stage. The band will probably retire before you could see 10th row or anything like that. Additionally - just because they institute this GA pit policy for this year doesn't mean its going to be around for the next 15 years.
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #84
    Needs Spac Pavilion Tix

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    See - this is where I'm confused. If you joined the WH this year - then I'd say you have zero chance of ever being senior enough to get comfortably close to the stage. The band will probably retire before you could see 10th row or anything like that. Additionally - just because they institute this GA pit policy for this year doesn't mean its going to be around for the next 15 years.
    Its been a common theme for the best year as a warehouse member to be your first year , and any year after 10.
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #85
    RiotAct

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Have you ever seen saratoga?..... Rich as fuck son.
    Fuck. We're screwed.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #86
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Its been a common theme for the best year as a warehouse member to be your first year , and any year after 10.
    You confuse me.

Back to my bottle of Stump Jump.

First year WH members ain't ever seeing the first 10 rows.
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #87
    Needs Spac Pavilion Tix

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    Fuck. We're screwed.
    Old 02-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #88
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

this whole argument is stupid.

FACT: It is screwing over senior members

FACT: Non-senior members are happy and get a chance to get closer

FACT: It is a violation of the original Wh member "contract" stating: "Join the Warehouse Fan Community for the best seats in the house assigned by seniority membership" (wish i still had the email)

so, to the people happy about this change in ticketing policy, fine. we get that you're happy, we know why you're happy, we're happy for you. but don't try to snow us into thinking "this is good for the band! this is what the band wants! or it's not unfair to senior members, you'll still get good seats!" because that dog just ain't gonna hunt.

i seriously think the senior members need to pick a day and flood the Wh with phone calls all day long stating their displeasure. it won't change anything for this tour, but maybe it will keep this clusterfuck from happening in the future.

i can't wait til the tour starts and 85% of these people thinking GA is an awesome idea realize that it's going to be a warzone for good spots and a nightmare to get back to their spot after a piss/beer break and come back here whining about it.

also, be prepared for a sharp decline in the quality AND number of tapes. there may be a few shows that don't get taped at all.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 04:31 AM   #89
    #41Tom

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

i think the new pit idea is good - it certainly worked in Europe. i know the USA ain't Europe, but it might work and it sounds like they're just giving it a try. they may revert back to the old way on the next tour.

price-wise i think $80 is not too overdone - to see the greatest band in the world! i would happily pay £350.
    anyway i don't think dave would sell out. his head's screwed too far on for that.
    And the end of the world."
    #41Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2010, 04:31 AM   #90
    #41Tom

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

-wahey that was my #41 post!!
    And the end of the world."
    #41Tom is offline   Reply With Quote