Warehouse/DMB has sold out. - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
Dmbandcarter

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Warehouse/DMB has sold out.

After long review and thought I'm debating buying any tickets this summer. I feel completely abandoned as a seasoned warehouse member. 9 years I've had front row, 3rd center and 6th center but this year; I am completely disgusted with the band and its image. $80 for field standing this is a joke. The Warehouse and the Dave Matthews Band as a whole should be completely disappointed with themselves. They've completely disregarded their senior fans to attract younger crowds. That's awesome but you can't do it by forgetting about who got you there.

Sorry guys I didn't know where to put this at and couldn't find anything on it.
Point me in the right direction if this was already started. If not lets vent.

-Matt

2010 Festival Season - Delfest, Camp Bisco, Muddy River Jam Festival
Dmbandcarter is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-04-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
    rickyh24
    GOAT

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Warehouse/DMB has sold out.

Its about the $$$ not about attracting younger fans. I guess you could make the argument they go hand in hand though. A lot of people have never had the chance to get that close to stage so no one is really going to feel bad for you here.
    rickyh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
    hmich176
    SarcMark(TM)

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dmbandcarter View Post
    After long review and thought I'm debating buying any tickets this summer. I feel completely abandoned as a seasoned warehouse member. 9 years I've had front row, 3rd center and 6th center but this year; I am completely disgusted with the band and its image. $80 for field standing this is a joke. The Warehouse and the Dave Matthews Band as a whole should be completely disappointed with themselves. They've completely disregarded their senior fans to attract younger crowds. That's awesome but you can't do it by forgetting about who got you there.

-Matt
    How is it selling out? Because they're going with European-style seating where there's a GA pit?
    hmich176 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

I do think GA is a joke though. Nothing was wrong with the way things were going before. They just are trying to fit more people in a general area.

I know people disagree with me but I still think charging 80 dollars a ticket and fitting more people at all these shows is a hell of a way to make up for lost revenue for the one free show in Utah.
    Old 02-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
    pathetic
    Liberate a solid set!

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

ive been going to shows for 12 years and last year was the 1st time i've been in the 1st 6 rows.

i get what you're saying tho
    pathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
    hmich176
    SarcMark(TM)

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    I do think GA is a joke though. Nothing was wrong with the way things were going before. They just are trying to fit more people in a general area.
    It's something that's been going on in Europe for a while. I don't find it to be a joke.
    Quote:
    I know people disagree with me but I still think charging 80 dollars a ticket and fitting more people at all these shows is a hell of a way to make up for lost revenue for the one free show in Utah.
    I don't think they're making up for lost revenue for the Utah show, but I agree that they shouldn't be charging 80 bucks a ticket. They should be more in line with Phish tickets.
    Old 02-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #7
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Can I have your seniority, OP??? TIA.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #8
    562luvinDave

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

I have been in the first few rows for about 9 shows total and can honestly say you have 30% of the people are real fans and then the rest are a bunch of rich old peeps who dont know one song taking up premium space because they buy from a broker or get free tix. Especially at the gorge last year I was 6th row center all three nights and had a bunch of non fans/65 year old rich peeps not even moving to the music. So if I were DMB I would want some energy near the stage and not a bunch of people sitting down not knowing one song!!
    Old 02-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #9
    Kevaroo
    I'm the .1%

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I see both sides of this arguement, both sides have valuable pros and cons. Remember the band wants to be happy to, I could see them getting frustrated at seeing the rich old tools that aren't even interested in the first few rows night in and out. I kind of like the idea of getting the energy up towards the front of the stage might help the rest of the venue. Although unless some GAs pop up I wont even be looking for them, regular reserved is fine for me. But to the long standing warehouse members they are totally getting fucked. Absolutely brutal. I mean that case doesn't even need to be stated. Sorry
    Kevaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #10
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmich176 View Post
    It's something that's been going on in Europe for a while. I don't find it to be a joke.

I don't think they're making up for lost revenue for the Utah show, but I agree that they shouldn't be charging 80 bucks a ticket. They should be more in line with Phish tickets.

Why does it matter that they do this GA crap in Europe? It doesn't screw senior members any less because there are GA pits at shows on another continent.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 02-04-2010 at 02:33 PM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 02:34 PM   #11
    JaJunk

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I love this idea. Elitists should get over themselves.
    JaJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #12
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Ahhh, the old elitest arguments. The OP is 100 percent correct. At this point, what's the advantage for being in the Warehouse?I'm a hershey attendee. Its not a great venue, architecturally, to see a show. The only good seats are what used to be reserved. GA was a disaster and the grandstands are just ok. Now, there literally isn't one good seat in Hershey that you can buy. Sure, you can get 80 GA and potentially grab a great spot. Or you could pay $80 to stand five feet in front of the other GA. Its terrible. Put it this way. I'm recruiting a lot of my friends (who aren't DMB fans) to go this year. Not one of them understands why there's a general admission for the prime seats. Its retarded. I get the argument that the band likes it. But is that true? Or did mgmt do this?

Last edited by Beebz; 02-04-2010 at 03:30 PM.
    Beebz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #13
    sdmc229
    Black N Yellow

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

I have seen other bands doing this, so it is not just DMB. I do not know if venues(LiveNation) are driving this.

etree Volunteer | My List | Discogs
    sdmc229 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #14
    iu3rebekah

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 562luvinDave View Post
    I have been in the first few rows for about 9 shows total and can honestly say you have 30% of the people are real fans and then the rest are a bunch of rich old peeps who dont know one song taking up premium space because they buy from a broker or get free tix. Especially at the gorge last year I was 6th row center all three nights and had a bunch of non fans/65 year old rich peeps not even moving to the music. So if I were DMB I would want some energy near the stage and not a bunch of people sitting down not knowing one song!!

I agree. Ive sat first 10 rows numerous times over the last 10 years, and you're right...Tons of old douches who dont even know the songs. The only thing I dont like about GA is that its first come, first serve. I prefer tailgating in the parking lot until the show starts instead of spending my day in line just to get a good spot in GA. Plus, I'm a small girl so I always get pushed around in those types of situations or some huge guy stands in front of me and I cannot see a thing. BUT I definately dont think its worth not going to a show for. I mean sure, its nice to see the band up close, but really - Its all about being with friends, making memories, and enjoying some damn good music.
    Old 02-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #15
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I can't speak for other venues, but GA at hershey is an alltimer of a bad move. The former reserved seats were the only good seats you can purchase. I'm not waiting in line for five hours to stand up front.
    Beebz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #16
    RiotAct

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iu3rebekah View Post
    I agree. Ive sat first 10 rows numerous times over the last 10 years, and you're right...Tons of old douches who dont even know the songs.
    Well, old in relation to the average age of a DMB fan at least... lots of people in their early 40s - early 50s populated the first 10 rows or so a lot of the time, and now that's gonna change

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbianca1982 View Post
    I can't speak for other venues, but GA at hershey is an alltimer of a bad move. The former reserved seats were the only good seats you can purchase. I'm not waiting in line for five hours to stand up front.
    I am!

Old 02-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #17
    iu3rebekah

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Agreed!!! I will stay in the parking lot and party until the last possible minute and enjoy myself further back in the pavillion. Hell, Im the type who would still have a blast way back in the lawn. Its not about the seats to me, its about the music and overall experience with my friends.
    Old 02-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #18
    OneSweetPhish
    STAGE LEFT

Shows Seen: 136

My Tour Central Stats

I don't care where I am inside the venue anymore. What I do have a problem with is the prices...it's getting to be a but too much.

OneSweetPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #19
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmich176 View Post
    The United States of America is not Europe.
    Old 02-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #20
    hmich176
    SarcMark(TM)

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Why does it matter that they do this GA crap in Europe? It doesn't screw senior members any less because there are GA pits at shows on another continent.
    Because it's not like this is something new, something that only DMB is doing, and something DMB is doing to screw people. Because they're not. They're doing something that's been around, other bands and places have been doing this for a long time, and the only people who feel like they're getting screwed are people who don't want to stand. If they really want to be front row, then they're gonna have to deal with standing.

In other words, deal with it. The only rip is it being 80 bucks. It's a rip for everyone. Like I said, ticket prices should be somewhat in line with what Phish charges.
    Old 02-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #21
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

Yes I'm sure this has absolutely nothing to do with the simple fact that they can cram way more people into that area now
    Old 02-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #22
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ahhh, the old elitest arguments. The OP is 100 percent correct. At this point, what's the advantage for being in the Warehouse?I'm a hershey attendee. Its not a great venue, architecturally, to see a show. The only good seats are what used to be reserved. GA was a disaster and the grandstands are just ok. Now, there literally isn't one good seat in Hershey that you can buy. Sure, you can get 80 GA and potentially grab a great spot. Or you could pay $80 to stand five feet in front of the other GA. Its terrible. Put it this way. I'm recruiting a lot of my friends (who aren't DMB fans) to go this year. Not one of them understands why there's a general admission for the prime seats. Its retarded. I get the argument that the band likes it. But is that true? Or did mgmt do this?

the band may have been tired of the lack of energy up front, but i doubt they said make the pit GA. that has to be a Cap$haw/LiveNation thing. the EASY way to solve the problem would be to just make the entire pit and first 10 rows of the 100s WH only. no radio give-a-ways, no venue upgrade bullshit, WAREHOUSE ONLY. that would get people who are excited up front. they could have made the pit random and lower 100s based on seniority. senior members still get close, but everybody gets a chance to be up in the very front.

Last edited by spoot388; 02-04-2010 at 05:22 PM.
    spoot388 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #23
    MsEmilyNYC
    Dreaming Tree Hugger

Shows Seen: 91

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think it's true. I was talking to someone last weekend who told me of an encounter she and some friends had with Stefan over the summer and he was asking them their opinion on it. He was raving about the way seating/standing was done in Europe and told them they were interested in trying it here in the States. The reaction he got was mixed (as in they actually did tell him it wasn't a great idea) but clearly they are determined to try it here.
    MsEmilyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #24
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

Shows Seen: 49

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

-Matt
    Hey - wanna request Gorge and WPB tickets for me?
    davet7462 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 05:41 PM   #25
    bigeyedfish1979
    And in this moment.....

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

-Matt
    Go cry about it, oh wait you already are. Grow the fuck up.

Not everyone who has been a DMB fan for years is a Warehouse member. I've been a fan since 99 and just decided to join recently, but I've been going to see them since 01. It sounds to me like you are just a bitter man that needs something to bitch about.
    bigeyedfish1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #26
    RiotAct

My Tour Central Stats

Ya want a prime spot, ya gotta be dedicated and get to da gates @ 11 A.M.

Capiche?

Old 02-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #27
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I respectfully disagree with my chicken wing-eating Harrisburg, PA friend. The real problem is all the old time WH members who request tickets for shows they have zero intention of going to - and then flipping those tickets for a profit (i.e. - scalping) - to the detriment of the WH members who actually request tickets for shows they're going to go to. This is my biggest beef with the WH - and I wish like hell they'd will call all tickets. Otherwise - these valuable WH tickets are being used as a way for old time WH members (some - not all) to turn a nice tidy profit.

Quote:
    The United States of America is not Europe.
    And.....is that a good or bad thing?
    Old 02-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #28
    richie2017

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I'm sorry but $85 for a GA ticket at Citi Field is extremely expensive. I agree with ticket prices getting a little too high.

richie2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #29
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by richie2017 View Post
    I'm sorry but $85 for a GA ticket at Citi Field is extremely expensive. I agree with ticket prices getting a little too high.
    How much was McCartney at Citi?

DMB tickets aren't real pricey compared to alot of acts out there. More than Phish - yep. But not out of line in general.
    Old 02-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #30
    MsEmilyNYC
    Dreaming Tree Hugger

Shows Seen: 91

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davet7462 View Post
    How much was McCartney at Citi?

DMB tickets aren't real pricey compared to alot of acts out there. More than Phish - yep. But not out of line in general.
    McCartney had more pricing tiers than DMB does. The field seats were in the hundreds of dollars, and the stadium seats were different prices depending on what field level you were sitting in.

Last edited by MsEmilyNYC; 02-04-2010 at 05:52 PM.
    MsEmilyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote