***Official Charlotte 2010*** - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #31
defcon
:rattled

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Charlotte 2010***

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbtheRevelatr View Post
I've always thought the venue was great. I love seeing shows at Verizon.
I guess I have to compare everything to SPAC. It's not bad in and of itself. I just enjoy the whole experience -- the stay, tailgating, post show bars, etc. If, on the other hand, you're looking for an in-and-out, wham bam thank you ma'am show, no problems.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-16-2010, 10:35 AM   #32
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by defcon View Post
    I guess I have to compare everything to SPAC. It's not bad in and of itself. I just enjoy the whole experience -- the stay, tailgating, post show bars, etc. If, on the other hand, you're looking for an in-and-out, wham bam thank you ma'am show, no problems.
    That argument, I get. While I've never been to SPAC or Alpine or the Gorge (the whole venue wars between people on these boards is REALLY annoying, btw) I would think those aren't really comparisons to venues like Charlotte, Raleigh or any other typical outdoor venue situated near metro areas. They're not destination venues for people who venture from other places so much. So I get that the experience of attending a show at those venues is different. But as for your experience with the staff, that doesn't really seem to be a big venue issue, but a more common one. As for Epic shows, I go to 2-3 DMB shows a year and maybe my expectations are tempered because I've never been to a show I didn't enjoy, anywhere. But I've never looked at one of those other venues and their setlists and go 'Man, did we got shafted in Charlotte'.

I'm sure the experience of going to one of those shows could be pretty stellar as an experience (my wife and I are going to the Gorge one day.. that's all there is to it) but your original statement just made it sound like its a shitty venue and not really worth going to, and I couldn't disagree more.

No offense to you of course, it's just how it came across to me and I could be way off base. You are certainly entitled to your opinion on it whether I'm right, wrong or just really opinionated and defensive!!

I love my little 'hometown' venue and feel its had more than its fair share of special shows over the years. First full Flecktones guest appearance, Herbie Hancock and TR (rare back then) guesting in 98, a wonderful old school setlist in 03. Rarities and unique arrangements scattered throughout. I look forward to this show every year. I'd take the Pepsi challenge with any other comparable venue inthe country!!! lol.

Last edited by Heyberto; 02-16-2010 at 10:37 AM.
    Heyberto is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #33
    thedrumster12
    GO PACK!

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That argument, I get. While I've never been to SPAC or Alpine or the Gorge (the whole venue wars between people on these boards is REALLY annoying, btw) I would think those aren't really comparisons to venues like Charlotte, Raleigh or any other typical outdoor venue situated near metro areas. They're not destination venues for people who venture from other places so much. So I get that the experience of attending a show at those venues is different. But as for your experience with the staff, that doesn't really seem to be a big venue issue, but a more common one. As for Epic shows, I go to 2-3 DMB shows a year and maybe my expectations are tempered because I've never been to a show I didn't enjoy, anywhere. But I've never looked at one of those other venues and their setlists and go 'Man, did we got shafted in Charlotte'.

I'm sure the experience of going to one of those shows could be pretty stellar as an experience (my wife and I are going to the Gorge one day.. that's all there is to it) but your original statement just made it sound like its a shitty venue and not really worth going to, and I couldn't disagree more.

No offense to you of course, it's just how it came across to me and I could be way off base. You are certainly entitled to your opinion on it whether I'm right, wrong or just really opinionated and defensive!!

I love my little 'hometown' venue and feel its had more than its fair share of special shows over the years. First full Flecktones guest appearance, Herbie Hancock and TR (rare back then) guesting in 98, a wonderful old school setlist in 03. Rarities and unique arrangements scattered throughout. I look forward to this show every year. I'd take the Pepsi challenge with any other comparable venue inthe country!!! lol.
    you must not have been in Raleigh in 2008 when dreaming tree and grey street got replaced with smooth rider and Bayou hey, hey, my, my was also cut from the encore.
    "Ya’ll there’s a whole lot of us so I figured that if we can all hang out this close together and dance and party and get high and get drunk, we must be able to do the rest of the world like this so, this is a one sweet world."
    ~Dave Matthews
    thedrumster12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2010, 01:39 PM   #34
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thedrumster12 View Post
    you must not have been in Raleigh in 2008 when dreaming tree and grey street got replaced with smooth rider and Bayou hey, hey, my, my was also cut from the encore.
    lol.. I've never been to a show in Raleigh. It was always too close to Charlotte, so I always stuck to seeing shows down here.
    Old 02-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #35
    dmbncsu
    "Respect the lei."

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thedrumster12 View Post
    Oh no you reminded me of that.

But besides that, 2008 was pretty good for the NC shows. Charlotte starting with The Stone and Raleigh with Seek Up. My favorite two openers and got it back to back nights. Hopefully Charlotte show will be looked at as one of the best shows in 2010.
    Old 02-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #36
    dmbncsu
    "Respect the lei."

My Tour Central Stats

Old 02-20-2010, 06:36 AM   #37
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

No, VZW is fine...I've been going there since it was the Blockbuster. I've caught some great shows there. My only issue is the roof (there still seems to be a problem with which seats are, or are not, under the roof, and depending on the seating chart you get, it's either wrong or right. The only way to be right is to ask around and conduct a statistical survey it seems...of course this only applies if you have one of those questionable seats). As far as being an urban venue, yeah, there are far worse places.

Any fan of the band knows that they pour their heart out night in and night out for any show, no matter what happens (Staples '08 after LeRoi's death proved that). They go big or go home. Strictly from a concert experience, from the moment they start until the end of the encore (or double or triple encore!), I expect the DMB that I've come to know and love.
    Old 02-24-2010, 01:09 PM   #38
    dmbncsu
    "Respect the lei."

My Tour Central Stats

There are a lot of dates coming up for the dave matthews tribute band in NC and SC. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. http://www.thedmtb.com/
    Old 02-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #39
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    No, VZW is fine...I've been going there since it was the Blockbuster. I've caught some great shows there. My only issue is the roof (there still seems to be a problem with which seats are, or are not, under the roof, and depending on the seating chart you get, it's either wrong or right. The only way to be right is to ask around and conduct a statistical survey it seems...of course this only applies if you have one of those questionable seats). As far as being an urban venue, yeah, there are far worse places.

Any fan of the band knows that they pour their heart out night in and night out for any show, no matter what happens (Staples '08 after LeRoi's death proved that). They go big or go home. Strictly from a concert experience, from the moment they start until the end of the encore (or double or triple encore!), I expect the DMB that I've come to know and love.
    Interesting.. you seem to be well traveled in the outdoor venue world! Iv'e never had too much of an issue with those kinds of seats. Most DMB shows I'm not that far back.
    Old 02-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #40
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Interesting.. you seem to be well traveled in the outdoor venue world! Iv'e never had too much of an issue with those kinds of seats. Most DMB shows I'm not that far back.
    I met a guy from Argentina with a trust fund who does nothing but attend concerts all year. That's the life. That's well traveled.

I'll consider myself well traveled if I can hit Alpine and the Gorge while DMB is still touring. Let's face it, how many more years of hardcore touring do you think they have in them? I'd say at least 10 more, but at some point, they need to take a year or more off. I know, say it ain't so, right? We all know that its inevitable.
    Old 02-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #41
    voxeddie27

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Confirmed GA Pit Standing... very excited (especially since Raleigh got screwed)....
    voxeddie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2010, 09:54 PM   #42
    dmbncsu
    "Respect the lei."

My Tour Central Stats

Is it July yet?
    Old 02-26-2010, 04:39 AM   #43
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbncsu View Post
    Is it July yet?
    My freezing nuts say no.
    Old 02-26-2010, 04:47 AM   #44
    JimiThng80

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

yo, yo! im not sure who all remembers me but, i tried to get up with a few of you last year for the Va Beach show and unfortunately things didnt work out well anyway, my fiance and i may try one more time...we want to attend another show besides the one in CLT. maybe we can try and connect again, maybe hotel/driving time can be worked out?

WOOO HOOO CLT!!!!!!

Too Much (Fake)>ASTB>Too Much (Fake)> Ants Marching
    JimiThng80 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2010, 05:22 AM   #45
    40oz.

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    My freezing nuts say no.
    NO SHIT! This cold crap needs to go bye bye. Can't wait for this show. 5 months will fly by and it will be here before we know it.
    40oz. is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2010, 08:11 AM   #46
    brundt3

Shows Seen: 55

My Tour Central Stats

Just got GA Pit seats for the Charlotte show, see you all there!!
    The Gorge 2011, 2015 & 2016
    brundt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #47
    Neverknow34

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

I got reserved seats... 2nd year warehouse member... i'm really hoping for 1st ten rows, this is my first time requesting... nothing would make me happier. (since i already got shafted with the pit) but i'm pumped!!
    I think show is going to be great due to the fact that its the only one in NC...
    Neverknow34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #48
    mapexdrummer69

Shows Seen: 16

My Tour Central Stats

I'll be attending this show along with PNC and Riverbend. I went to Charlotte last year, and it was a decent show. I got really good tickets this year, IMO, through Ticketmaster. Section 1 Row V seats 13,14. I'm pretty excited. I live in WV but lived in Charlotte for a while, and I really like that city. If nothing, I go to the Charlotte show to visit my once home.
    mapexdrummer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #49
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

hamburgers, hotdogs, steaks, beers, and other party accessories. Anyone doing hardcore tailgatery?
    Old 02-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #50
    dmbncsu
    "Respect the lei."

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    hamburgers, hotdogs, steaks, beers, and other party accessories. Anyone doing hardcore tailgatery?
    Sounds good to me. Might be the only show I'm hitting up this year, so I'm going all out.
    Old 02-28-2010, 07:03 PM   #51
    scollie41

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Confirmed for GA Pit. I'm sure I'll be there to tailgate before the show too.
    scollie41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #52
    40oz.

Shows Seen: 68

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neverknow34 View Post
    I got reserved seats... 2nd year warehouse member... i'm really hoping for 1st ten rows, this is my first time requesting... nothing would make me happier. (since i already got shafted with the pit) but i'm pumped!!
    Good luck, but don't get your hopes up. As a 12/98 WH member, my seats the past couple years have been between row 10-15. With the loss of Raleigh, the Charlotte show will likely be even more sought after (except for the fact that it is not on a weekend). Who knows where seats will be assigned to this year.

Should be a great show though!
    40oz. is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #53
    dmbncsu
    "Respect the lei."

My Tour Central Stats

So what does everyone think about the chants for Last Stop? Myself I have never chanted for any song, but to get Last Stop I might do a little chanting. But I never get my hopes up.
    Old 03-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #54
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So what does everyone think about the chants for Last Stop? Myself I have never chanted for any song, but to get Last Stop I might do a little chanting. But I never get my hopes up.
    Unless it's in rotation, the most you'll get is a tease.
    Old 03-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #55
    dmbncsu
    "Respect the lei."

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Unless it's in rotation, the most you'll get is a tease.
    Thats what I was thinking. This might be the year with the most LS teases.
    Old 03-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #56
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thats what I was thinking. This might be the year with the most LS teases.
    Well, if it gets rehearsed due to a lot of teases before the Charlotte show, then the possibility is there.
    Old 03-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #57
    dmbncsu
    "Respect the lei."

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well, if it gets rehearsed due to a lot of teases before the Charlotte show, then the possibility is there.
    If only NC could get lucky one time.
    Old 03-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #58
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, it's never been played in Charlotte
    Old 03-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #59
    thedrumster12
    GO PACK!

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

can't wait for this show, probably sit lawn and pregame it up with some buddies in charlotte. thinking about hitting up bonnaroo this summer as well with some friends. I have a feeling the boys are going to bring it this summer
    "Ya’ll there’s a whole lot of us so I figured that if we can all hang out this close together and dance and party and get high and get drunk, we must be able to do the rest of the world like this so, this is a one sweet world."
    ~Dave Matthews
    thedrumster12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2010, 09:15 AM   #60
    JimiThng80

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

has anyone put together any kind of group for a mass tailgate?

Too Much (Fake)>ASTB>Too Much (Fake)> Ants Marching
    JimiThng80 is offline   Reply With Quote