***Official Don't Screw Colorado In 2010 Thread*** - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion > DMB Past Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 10:10 AM   #121
LeftyDv

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Don't Screw Colorado In 2010 Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by credin View Post
I would agree with this.

I also think their is a possibililty we won't hear anything at all.
I'm in agreement on the not hearing anything at all. There was a hold on dates at the Pepsi Center last year that never came true either. We are the ones creating the rumors...

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #122
    credin

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeftyDv View Post
    I'm in agreement on the not hearing anything at all. There was a hold on dates at the Pepsi Center last year that never came true either. We are the ones creating the rumors...
    Very true on the pepsi center dates last year. Looks like there will most likely NOT be a red rocks run this year. The only chance for them to do it was Sept 17-19 and it looks like wrigley just took those dates.

There seems to be some sources in this thread that say DMB will NOT play MHMF. It's funny because I have heard everything from they are playing, they are not playing, and most recently they were tentatively booked to play the MHMF but just pulled out in the last couple of weeks. So who really knows.

I think one thing is for sure Red Rocks is out as well as the pepsi center.
    Old 02-10-2010, 10:54 PM   #123
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/sho...203093&page=36

see post #716

take it as you will....

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    Old 02-10-2010, 11:37 PM   #124
    LeftyDv

My Tour Central Stats

I'm going to be posotive and gullible for a second just because I'm a little tipsy on a school night. It wouldn't make much logistical sense, but I suppose DMB could come back to Colorado from Chicago... they're not that far away... and the Pepsi Center probably won't be booked for late September yet...
    Old 02-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #125
    credin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm going to be posotive and gullible for a second just because I'm a little tipsy on a school night. It wouldn't make much logistical sense, but I suppose DMB could come back to Colorado from Chicago... they're not that far away... and the Pepsi Center probably won't be booked for late September yet...
    I am attempting to remain positive also. Their possibilities in Denver are always mixed. Red Rocks, Pepsi Center, MHMF, and I know last year they were looking at other options in venues whatever that means. The problem for me is that Denver ALWAYS has to wait it out after the dates have come out. The suspense of wondering are just brutal. I certainly don't know where they would fit red rocks in and maybe that is there theory.

If they play wrigley then we get a pepsi center date. If they do not play wrigley then they will book red rocks for the weekend of Spetember 17-19. Just a theory and maybe a stupid one at that. However I don't know when they put a pepsi center date in as I don't see them playing after wrigley.

Bullocks....
    Old 02-11-2010, 09:00 AM   #126
    credin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/sho...203093&page=36

see post #716

take it as you will....

Thanks.

If anything I got a laugh at his response to the warehouse.
    Old 02-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #127
    icculus479

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Hey i skipped a couple pages here, so sorry if this was covered.

BUT im pretty sure there is no MHMF this year, they lost a SHIT load of money last year, and the numbers were down from the year before. So all you MHMF's, sorry but i think that festival is laterz. Too damn hot boiling in commerce city anyways, take it to RR where it belongs! oh and imho the acoustics at the Pepsi center are so bad depending on where you sit.

Still sitting on 4 tickets to SLC, wondering if i'll get screwed again this year if i make it out!
    Old 02-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #128
    Geffiner
    Yet to be Iced

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

DMB, please come to Colorado. Please don't play the MHMF.

Thank you,
    Loving Fan
    Old 02-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #129
    aircavmike

Shows Seen: 250

DMB Hub Stubs: 38

My Tour Central Stats

Pretty sure it was in the local Denver papers that the mile high fest was going to be aug 14th and 15th.

it would be cool if the band did a show at red rocks on aug 15th, would be the 15 year anniversary to the day..... but dmb rarely does anything that cool
    Old 02-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #130
    icculus479

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by icculus479 View Post
    Hey i skipped a couple pages here, so sorry if this was covered.

BUT im pretty sure there is no MHMF this year, they lost a SHIT load of money last year, and the numbers were down from the year before. So all you MHMF's, sorry but i think that festival is laterz. Too damn hot boiling in commerce city anyways, take it to RR where it belongs! oh and imho the acoustics at the Pepsi center are so bad depending on where you sit.

Still sitting on 4 tickets to SLC, wondering if i'll get screwed again this year if i make it out!
    my bad , it is in Aug as previously reported ^^, sorry gang.

either way, please don't play MHMF
    Old 02-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #131
    icculus479

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aircavmike View Post
    Pretty sure it was in the local Denver papers that the mile high fest was going to be aug 14th and 15th.

it would be cool if the band did a show at red rocks on aug 15th, would be the 15 year anniversary to the day..... but dmb rarely does anything that cool
    it sucks they don't think that way
    Old 02-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #132
    Blake222

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Am I the only one who wouldn't be really pissed if they play MHMF this year? I moved out here a little over a year ago hoping one day to catch DMB at RR, but if I have to wait a bit longer so be it. I would much rather have a show here, even MHMF, than none at all. How about we wait to see who the other performers will be and if there is a potential for some great guests before people start crapping the bed? The sense of entitlement around here is staggering sometimes.
    Old 02-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #133
    fireflies

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Sorry to do this once again!!! But mark my words MHMF!!! Don't mean to bum any of you out!!!!
    Old 02-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #134
    LeftyDv

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blake222 View Post
    Am I the only one who wouldn't be really pissed if they play MHMF this year? I moved out here a little over a year ago hoping one day to catch DMB at RR, but if I have to wait a bit longer so be it. I would much rather have a show here, even MHMF, than none at all. How about we wait to see who the other performers will be and if there is a potential for some great guests before people start crapping the bed? The sense of entitlement around here is staggering sometimes.
    I've attended the Mile High Music Festival the past two years. I may be in the minority because I have loved it. But I can also listen to lots of music and enjoy most of it. But if you're waiting on a list of bands hoping for a big jam session, you're probably s-o-l. There have been lots of guest friendly groups there these past two years and I've yet to see something earth shattering... Or for that matter even festival shaking.
    Old 02-11-2010, 07:01 PM   #135
    ryno242

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

fdskgflewb
    Old 02-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #136
    HollieZ98

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Doesn't really matter to me where they play as long as they do CO...I just moved here from the east coast and can't believe they are doing Bonnaroo after a 5 year hiatus and here I am in CO...I'm praying for a RR show...

Summer 2010 - Bonnaroo 10' - Riverbend
    Old 02-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #137
    LeftyDv

My Tour Central Stats

Hollie, welcome to Colorado. Hopefully you love it like we do. It used to be this place was a Mecca of sorts for DMB shows. We were guaranteed for a stadium show or a multiple night stand. We even used to get Dave and Tim concerts! But as time has passed, concert promoters in town have become more greedy and corporate than ever before and have really ruined the good vibe of the DMB and their fans in Colorado. Hopefully, we can get that back.
    Old 02-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #138
    Blake222

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I've attended the Mile High Music Festival the past two years. I may be in the minority because I have loved it. But I can also listen to lots of music and enjoy most of it. But if you're waiting on a list of bands hoping for a big jam session, you're probably s-o-l. There have been lots of guest friendly groups there these past two years and I've yet to see something earth shattering... Or for that matter even festival shaking.
    I went last year and I thought it was a very well organized festival, enough room to spread out, places to cool off etc. If DMB headlines night 2 I think it'd be a blast. I know that there won't be a giant jam sess but wouldn't mind seeing DMB pull someone up for a song or two unless it's Fergie. ::shudder::
    Old 02-13-2010, 07:35 AM   #139
    Sniper15

Shows Seen: 115

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

I really hope they don't play the MHMF but I'd be stunned if they didn't. The Aug 14-15 dates make too much sense when you consider where DMB will be touring around that time
    Old 02-14-2010, 02:30 AM   #140
    Eaubleue

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Why is it that Fiddler's Green never really seems to be an option? I've personally never seen a show there, but it's outdoors, holds almost 18,000 (about twice what Red Rocks holds), looks fairly nice from what I've seen. Seems like a good place for a summer show in Denver...?
    Old 02-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #141
    jenben41
    A.K.A The Plant

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eaubleue View Post
    Why is it that Fiddler's Green never really seems to be an option? I've personally never seen a show there, but it's outdoors, holds almost 18,000 (about twice what Red Rocks holds), looks fairly nice from what I've seen. Seems like a good place for a summer show in Denver...?
    Because it's in Greenwood Village. The town has a pretty short leash on the venue and is ridiculously brutal when it comes to curfews, parking, etc... it's a nice space and a shame that it's now called Comfort Dental Ampitheatre

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    Old 02-14-2010, 09:30 PM   #142
    dharnett

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

So my neighbor works with the Denver post and was told MHMF from "someone in the know". Normally I'd take it with a grain of salt, but it all makes too much sense... Aug 14 in Kansas, driving to Utah, quick stop in Denver... No need to setup a stage, just drive in play at the stage already setup and move on to Utah.

That said I saw them there 2 years ago and it was a great show. It was brutally hot, but we got to see a lot of really cool bands. To be honest I'd rather have them play MHMF then play nowhere like last year. RR would be awesome but anywhere is better then nowhere.
    Old 02-18-2010, 08:55 AM   #143
    stazeli

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dharnett View Post

That said I saw them there 2 years ago and it was a great show. It was brutally hot, but we got to see a lot of really cool bands. To be honest I'd rather have them play MHMF then play nowhere like last year. RR would be awesome but anywhere is better then nowhere.
    I totally agree!! ANY show is better than none, and the MHMF 2 years ago was a great show!!
    Old 02-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #144
    noobert
    Bartender please...

Shows Seen: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stazeli View Post
    I totally agree!! ANY show is better than none, and the MHMF 2 years ago was a great show!!
    Great by what standards? I have that show ranked 11th out of the 11 shows I've been to...
    Old 02-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #145
    stazeli

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by noobert View Post
    Great by what standards? I have that show ranked 11th out of the 11 shows I've been to...
    Great by the fact that anytime I get to see them it's a Great time!

Granted some set lists are better than others and some performances are better than others. It seems like that's one thing that gets lost sight of way too often on this site, people will find anything to complain about, songs that weren't played, songs that were played, the order they were played, the crowd, it seems like there's a lot of wasted energy focusing on the negatives of the show, why not just appreciate the fact that you're seeing one of the best live bands ever and just enjoy the show?? The band doesn't owe you any particular songs, they're not going to play Halloween or The Last Stop every night, and that's one of the coolest things about them, they play what they want to play and if you happen to be at a show where things come together and you get to hear rare songs or hear every song you want then more power to you. I've seen 13 shows and enjoyed every single one of them, and if they come and play the MHMF again this year I will be there and enjoy seeing my favorite band and it will be a great show!
    Old 02-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #146
    mikefandmb

Shows Seen: 5

My Tour Central Stats

My bets on Mile High Music Fest.
    Old 02-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #147
    mikefandmb

My Tour Central Stats

that Sundays open on the tour after KS and before UT
    Old 02-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #148
    mikefandmb

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stazeli View Post
    MHMF WAS GREAT 2 YEARS AGo
    Old 02-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #149
    noobert
    Bartender please...

Shows Seen: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote: "Great by the fact that anytime I get to see them it's a Great time!

Granted some set lists are better than others and some performances are better than others. It seems like that's one thing that gets lost sight of way too often on this site, people will find anything to complain about, songs that weren't played, songs that were played, the order they were played, the crowd, it seems like there's a lot of wasted energy focusing on the negatives of the show, why not just appreciate the fact that you're seeing one of the best live bands ever and just enjoy the show?? The band doesn't owe you any particular songs, they're not going to play Halloween or The Last Stop every night, and that's one of the coolest things about them, they play what they want to play and if you happen to be at a show where things come together and you get to hear rare songs or hear every song you want then more power to you. I've seen 13 shows and enjoyed every single one of them, and if they come and play the MHMF again this year I will be there and enjoy seeing my favorite band and it will be a great show!"

Ok, so any day you see DMB is pretty much better than any other day, but comparing apples to apples, the show was weak. It was a typical festival setlist, the crowd was okay but not great, and the energy was only so-so. Admittedly I am a bit of a setlist snob because I've been spoiled by a few great shows. I did have a great time, don't get me wrong, but as I moved out of Denver in 2005, and have to travel to see them, I wouldn't make the trip down for MHMF again. If I wasn't already seeing them 3 other times this summer I probably would I guess, but I wouldn't miss Red Rocks for the world the next time they play there!
    Old 02-22-2010, 07:52 AM   #150
    stazeli

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by noobert View Post
    Quote:

Ok, so any day you see DMB is pretty much better than any other day, but comparing apples to apples, the show was weak. It was a typical festival setlist, the crowd was okay but not great, and the energy was only so-so. Admittedly I am a bit of a setlist snob because I've been spoiled by a few great shows. I did have a great time, don't get me wrong, but as I moved out of Denver in 2005, and have to travel to see them, I wouldn't make the trip down for MHMF again. If I wasn't already seeing them 3 other times this summer I probably would I guess, but I wouldn't miss Red Rocks for the world the next time they play there!
    Out of my 13 shows I'd still have it in the top 10, yes it was a typical festival setlist but it was still a good show. I can understand that seeing some of the show's you've been to. I unfortunately won't be able to see them out of state this year so I'll take them any way I can get them, but definitely agree with you on Red Rocks, I'm going to make those shows no matter what!
    Closed Thread