What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 1530 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-31-2016, 02:37 PM   #45871
MOWJO8185

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What irritates you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
Oh man, field trips with kids. When I worked with kids we had a 16-1 ratio. Zero chance of keeping all 16 in sight at all times. As soon as you'd wrangle one stray and get back to the herd, two more would be gone.

The older ones were easier because I didn't have to worry as much if one did stray, unless it was a problem kid. The little ones though, they fucking bolt at the sound of anything noisy or the sight of anything shiny. And we weren't allowed to tie them together for some reason.

Id basically spend the whole entire trip counting to 16 over and over and over again.
That sounds like an absolute nightmare
MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-31-2016, 02:37 PM   #45872
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

At the zoo I would always try to put my back to the exhibit with the kids in front of me and just watch the line.
    Old 05-31-2016, 02:52 PM   #45873
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post
    There are these two young fish swimming along and they happen to meet an older fish swimming the other way, who nods at them and says "Morning, boys. How's the water?" And the two young fish swim on for a bit, and then eventually one of them looks over at the other and goes "What the hell is water?"
    Exactly what I thought of.

The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think and the more anxiously I inquire; the less I seem to know.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2016, 02:59 PM   #45874
    AlpineValley804
    Casey

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justink View Post

u a bad parent?

because i know i'm not.

and there might have been some minor social awareness things like car seats or whatever when i was a kid (pretty much non existent to 8 years old now??? wtf?)... but the fact that when my mom said, "don't jump 16 feet into the god damn gorilla enclosure" means the same god damn thing today... yeah, i blame the parent.

or maybe the kid is just a god damn idiot. because mine would never think about it. either or... 20 million years of evolution says that it should have been the kid that died that day, and not the gorilla.
    I am not a parent at all, which is why I don't really see myself fit to judge or call for their head. There are far too many variables in this world where something horribly awful could happen at a split second even to children who have very responsible parents. Kids are incredibly unpredictable, and parents are still only human. Was this incident preventable? Of course it was. Does it mean that just because it happened the parent is completely careless and should face criminal charges? No.

I'm not sure how to even respond to the second bolded. Firstly, how old is your kid? Secondly, the child in question is four. FOUR! This is an age where we think The Jungle Book is real and wearing a superhero costume allows you to fly. They are barely at an age where they truly understand the concept of death. If your child "understands" the danger of the incident that occurred at this zoo, that's all and well good, but don't fool yourself into thinking they don't/didn't have some other concept in their head that is completely departed from reality. That's nothing against your kid either - that's every child anywhere.
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Something about power boosts with anal plugs didn't quite put it above Shawshank Redemption for me
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Both movies do have anal, though.

Last edited by AlpineValley804; 05-31-2016 at 03:03 PM.
    AlpineValley804 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2016, 03:00 PM   #45875
    laura22

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    There are these two young fish swimming along and they happen to meet an older fish swimming the other way, who nods at them and says "Morning, boys. How's the water?" And the two young fish swim on for a bit, and then eventually one of them looks over at the other and goes "What the hell is water?"

I was torn on posting the link because I figured no one on here would actually listen to the whole clip

I occasionally play it during my commute or something to bring me back to reality. the actual art of thinking is difficult skill to master
    laura22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2016, 03:09 PM   #45876
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Stink is a father?
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2016, 03:18 PM   #45877
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlpineValley804 View Post
    I am not a parent at all, which is why I don't really see myself fit to judge or call for their head. There are far too many variables in this world where something horribly awful could happen at a split second even to children who have very responsible parents. Kids are incredibly unpredictable, and parents are still only human. Was this incident preventable? Of course it was. Does it mean that just because it happened the parent is completely careless and should face criminal charges? No.

I'm not sure how to even respond to the second bolded. Firstly, how old is your kid? Secondly, the child in question is four. FOUR! This is an age where we think The Jungle Book is real and wearing a superhero costume allows you to fly. They are barely at an age where they truly understand the concept of death. If your child "understands" the danger of the incident that occurred at this zoo, that's all and well good, but don't fool yourself into thinking they don't/didn't have some other concept in their head that is completely departed from reality. That's nothing against your kid either - that's every child anywhere.
    well, my entire life/job is safety. so i tend to look at everything through those glasses. not just first consequences but second and third order consequences to a given action. so, i probably do have a tighter rein on my six year old than most parents.

but we aren't talking about a kid that got away and ran into the road (which i've seen too much of). we're talking about a kid that went over/under a number of barricades and jumped 15 feet down into a gorilla enclosure.

that in itself is crazy to think about. especially considering how many zoos there are all over the country, compounded with how many years they've been open. how often does something like this happen? with numbers like that, there's no way to blame anyone other than that particular parent.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2016, 03:49 PM   #45878
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

if gorilla had gun this not happen
    Old 05-31-2016, 04:21 PM   #45879
    scrock25

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    well, my entire life/job is safety. so i tend to look at everything through those glasses. not just first consequences but second and third order consequences to a given action. so, i probably do have a tighter rein on my six year old than most parents.

but we aren't talking about a kid that got away and ran into the road (which i've seen too much of). we're talking about a kid that went over/under a number of barricades and jumped 15 feet down into a gorilla enclosure.

that in itself is crazy to think about. especially considering how many zoos there are all over the country, compounded with how many years they've been open. how often does something like this happen? with numbers like that, there's no way to blame anyone other than that particular parent.
    So you just said it yourself, the security measures the zoo had in place were able to be beaten by a four year old, therefore not 100% on the parents.

There are A TON of factors at play here, way too many to blame only one party.
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2016, 04:38 PM   #45880
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrock25 View Post
    So you just said it yourself, the security measures the zoo had in place were able to be beaten by a four year old, therefore not 100% on the parents.

There are A TON of factors at play here, way too many to blame only one party.
    no, what i said was that in the history of zoos, this might have happened three times.

it's on that particular parent.

it's not a simple task and all other parents seem to have it under control.
    Old 05-31-2016, 04:39 PM   #45881
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

i amended my 2014 tax return and got some coin back. mailed that shit in back in March. how the fuck long does it take to get my check in the mail? damn.
    Old 05-31-2016, 04:43 PM   #45882
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    There was a poppa bull and baby bull on a hill and the baby bull said to the dad, "hey, let's run down there and fuck one of those cows" and the dad replied, "let's walk down there and fuck all the cows."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    I think I was the only one in this thread to say that... and let me just say, in public, when my daughter was young she was NEVER out of my line of sight. And it was something I expected of any other adult she may have been with (her mom, stepdad, stepmom, teacher, etc.)... probably unreasonable for me to expect that out of a teacher or school type person, but I had to convince myself of that.

I'm realizing though, that it's just me apparently... most people seem to find it acceptable to lose sight of their kids for a few minutes.

Now... what if this kid was on a field trip with teachers/school officials, etc.? I bet there would be an even bigger outrage.
    First, I wasn't really talking about your post. I was referring to things I saw on Yahoo/FB that were extremely self-righteous. It just irked me.

Also, I don't think people are saying it's necessarily "okay", just that shit happens sometimes. Again though, I don't know if the mom was or wasn't watching the kid. I guess the investigation will help decide that. My viewpoint is that if she was tending to her other kid and that kid darted away, it's not like that's a crazy uncommon thing that automatically denotes an unfit parent.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Oh man, field trips with kids. When I worked with kids we had a 16-1 ratio. Zero chance of keeping all 16 in sight at all times. As soon as you'd wrangle one stray and get back to the herd, two more would be gone.

The older ones were easier because I didn't have to worry as much if one did stray, unless it was a problem kid. The little ones though, they fucking bolt at the sound of anything noisy or the sight of anything shiny. And we weren't allowed to tie them together for some reason.

Id basically spend the whole entire trip counting to 16 over and over and over again.
    Yeah, this would be a lot of stress for anyone, I'd think.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2016, 04:52 PM   #45883
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Ugh...Kaley Cuoco, maybe concentrate on your next marriage lasting longer than three months.

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainmen...cincinnati-zoo
    Old 05-31-2016, 05:00 PM   #45884
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

I'm dead

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b4&oe=57CA4F1E

EDIT:

Quote:
    hey would have made jokes about him for being a dork, wearing Sandals. Having good credit, and not whooping his kids, but he will get knocked the fuck out and fired from his job and called a racist for assuming the other gorillas were good at basketball

Last edited by jcc522; 05-31-2016 at 05:01 PM.
    jcc522 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2016, 05:34 PM   #45885
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Have we ever talked about who cuts your hair? If you're a guy, do you go to a guy to cut your hair or guy place at minimum?

Anyway, I'm getting ready to watch the Cubs on the local station here in Chicago and the girl doing the pregame show is reading copy for Sports Clips. In the copy, it says "it's good to be a guy" and then the girl inserts "or a girl" and finishes reading the copy. Are women as a whole that fucking insecure about themselves? That particular establishment's demographic is not women. It's literally the complete opposite. They're trying to nab men that go to Great Clips or Hair Cuttery and bring them into their shop, which is male oriented whereas the other two are more female oriented. For the record, I've had my hair cut at all three places and it was totally fine for what I was expecting. My problem is with the chick on TV feeling that she had to edit Sports Clips copy, which they are paying to have read as they wrote it.

Dumb shit like that and inventing words like "mansplaining" just irritate the shit out of me. I get it, mansplaining is when a man explains something to a women in a condescending fashion. I mean, it's not like a woman has ever done that, right guys? Every time a female explains something, it's well thought out, non aggressive or passive aggressive, and designed to educate us while empowering us, right??
    Old 05-31-2016, 05:37 PM   #45886
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    Have we ever talked about who cuts your hair? If you're a guy, do you go to a guy to cut your hair or guy place at minimum?

Anyway, I'm getting ready to watch the Cubs on the local station here in Chicago and the girl doing the pregame show is reading copy for Sports Clips. In the copy, it says "it's good to be a guy" and then the girl inserts "or a girl" and finishes reading the copy. Are women as a whole that fucking insecure about themselves? That particular establishment's demographic is not women. It's literally the complete opposite. They're trying to nab men that go to Great Clips or Hair Cuttery and bring them into their shop, which is male oriented whereas the other two are more female oriented. For the record, I've had my hair cut at all three places and it was totally fine for what I was expecting. My problem is with the chick on TV feeling that she had to edit Sports Clips copy, which they are paying to have read as they wrote it.

Dumb shit like that and inventing words like "mansplaining" just irritate the shit out of me. I get it, mansplaining is when a man explains something to a women in a condescending fashion. I mean, it's not like a woman has ever done that, right guys? Every time a female explains something, it's well thought out, non aggressive or passive aggressive, and designed to educate us while empowering us, right??
    bitches huh? whatareyagonnado?!
    Old 05-31-2016, 05:37 PM   #45887
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ugh...Kaley Cuoco, maybe concentrate on your next marriage lasting longer than three months.

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainmen...cincinnati-zoo

Kayley Cuocco, noted zoologist and tranquilizer expert.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2016, 05:41 PM   #45888
    AlpineValley804
    Casey

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

No sarcasm whatsoever, I love your rants against modern day feminism. I don't necessarily agree with you all the time, but the double standards of the modern movement drive me absolutely crazy and it's a breath of fresh air to read your sentiments.

And yes, the term mansplaining pisses me off to no end.
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Something about power boosts with anal plugs didn't quite put it above Shawshank Redemption for me
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Both movies do have anal, though.
    AlpineValley804 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2016, 05:50 PM   #45889
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Only poor women get their hair cut at chains and their feelings don't matter.
    Old 05-31-2016, 06:00 PM   #45890
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    Kayley Cuocco, noted zoologist and tranquilizer expert.

Someone needs to tell her not everything is a Disney movie.
    Old 05-31-2016, 06:01 PM   #45891
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    No sarcasm whatsoever, I love your rants against modern day feminism. I don't necessarily agree with you all the time, but the double standards of the modern movement drive me absolutely crazy and it's a breath of fresh air to read your sentiments.

Not to mention, she's at work. That's not an appropriate time to insert your own bias/political opinion. If I were Sports Clips, I'd definitely be talking to ABC about this. Sports Clips wasn't paying for "help" in their copy.
    Old 05-31-2016, 06:06 PM   #45892
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Not to mention, she's at work. That's not an appropriate time to insert your own bias/political opinion. If I were Sports Clips, I'd definitely be talking to ABC about this. Sports Clips wasn't paying for "help" in their copy.
    i feel the same.

but sports clips won't. because the next thing will be a twitter rampage from a thousand triggleypuffs.
    Old 05-31-2016, 06:08 PM   #45893
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    i feel the same.

but sports clips won't. because the next thing will be a twitter rampage from a thousand triggleypuffs.
    I'm not calling for the girl to be fired, just read the copy that's been paid to be read. That shouldn't cause any backlash in a closed door meeting.
    Old 05-31-2016, 06:12 PM   #45894
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    Someone needs to tell her not everything is a Disney movie.
    I'm surprised she didn't bust out with "couldn't they just have started throwing bananas at the gorilla as treats to distract it" idea.
    Old 05-31-2016, 06:40 PM   #45895
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

Shows Seen: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Most woman I know who would think mansplaining is a thing are the same woman who are condescending cunts when you don't agree with them.

As for who cuts my hair, I got a an African American Male Barber. I have been for years and years I live the guy. Every woman who has cut my hair has reeked of menthol cigarettes and had fake nails longer then my cell phone.

Take care, Dan
    Old 05-31-2016, 06:42 PM   #45896
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

i finally found a hole in the wall barber shop that i love. i have one dude i go to. he looks like a giant bodybuilding/bearded navy seal. but dude can cut some fucking hair. takes longer, but that's part of the experience. just relax, shoot the shit and get a straight razor edge up while you're at it.

and it's cheaper than sport clips.
    Old 05-31-2016, 06:49 PM   #45897
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

Shows Seen: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DIDriveOut2SPAC View Post

Most woman I know who would think mansplaining is a thing are the same woman who are condescending cunts when you don't agree with them.

As for who cuts my hair, I got a an African American Male Barber. I have been for years and years I live the guy. Every woman who has cut my hair has reeked of menthol cigarettes and had fake nails longer then my cell phone.

Take care, Dan
    Let me clarify that when I say I got an African american barber I wasn't implying ownership. #gottakeepmyjob

Take care, Dan
    Old 05-31-2016, 06:53 PM   #45898
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DIDriveOut2SPAC View Post
    Let me clarify that when I say I got an African american barber I wasn't implying ownership. #gottakeepmyjob

Take care, Dan
    depends... what do you pay him in?

n/r... i'm actually watching Roots.
    Old 05-31-2016, 06:54 PM   #45899
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Losing my job. Just as my backup plan, Uber, has left town.

Good times.
    Old 05-31-2016, 06:55 PM   #45900
    thebridge15

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

ok that's really fucking bad

company was 100% not paying for that ad if anyone followed up

that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
    thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote