New local interviews with Dave about new album - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > Archive > 'Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King' Album Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-15-2008, 12:10 PM   #121
MistreatedLewis

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New local interviews with Dave about new album

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJTR2 View Post
We are all waiting for that, but is it necessary to say that things SUCK, over and over and over?

I just feel the time spent on negativity could be channeled elsewhere.
I wouldn't say it if I didn't think it were true. Ignore it if it bothers you. Or maybe it bothers you because deep down in your gut you think I'm right a little bit and you don't want it to spoil your fun.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-15-2008, 12:11 PM   #122
    DerekJTR2

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Well if they released 3 great albums, which we all would have loved (Busted Stuff is only a step below imo) those people probably would have become fans.

I'm sorry, I just love this band so much, I can't imagine someone who loves them wanting to NOT see them play.

Here's to hoping the new album is the best yet.
    Old 04-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #123
    Northerntube

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MistreatedLewis View Post
    Or maybe it bothers you because deep down in your gut you think I'm right a little bit and you don't want it to spoil your fun.
    man, even when you're trying to be diplomatic, you're still condescending. maybe you just don't realize it?!?

I'm not trying to go after you here, I'd like to think that person to person we could get along just fine.
    Old 04-15-2008, 12:14 PM   #124
    MistreatedLewis

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Northerntube View Post
    man, even when you're trying to be diplomatic, you're still condescending. maybe you just don't realize it?!?

I'm not trying to go after you here, I'd like to think that person to person we could get along just fine.
    I'm usually only condescending to people that pick fights with me because I'm a "hater" <-- dumbest word ever.
    Old 04-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #125
    RobRoy286

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well if they released 3 great albums, which we all would have loved (Busted Stuff is only a step below imo) those people probably would have become fans.

I'm sorry, I just love this band so much, I can't imagine someone who loves them wanting to NOT see them play.

Here's to hoping the new album is the best yet.
    You know, Brian can still be a fan of DMB without liking every single thing the band does. Just becuase he likes #41 doesn't mean he has to tolerate the band playing Smooth Rider. Just because he likes Ants Marching doesn't mean he has to suck up to Louisiana Bayou. And as someone, I can't remember who, stated recently on this board, just because the band has changed their standards doesn't mean Brian has to change his.

Many "hardcore" DMB fans are just too naive (and basically in denial) to see that lately, DMB has put out a lot of shitty material, especially compared to what they once put out.
    Old 04-15-2008, 01:04 PM   #126
    PantalaNagaMan
    O! H!

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Can we stray away from the argument leading towards why Brian (Mistreated) is negative, and why others are negative? Everyone has their own point of view on the band's work - and everyone is entitled to it.

No one should have to change their thinking.

Debate don't Hate.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #127
    crawfish

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Truthfully, if Stand Up brought in fans that something like tLWS wouldn't had it been released, I'd would be super pleased with those people still not being fans.
    It sounds like you have some serious issues. Stand Up is the reason I'm a fan.
    Old 04-15-2008, 02:24 PM   #128
    crawfish

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well if you absolutely detested hearing those songs live, you might be more inclined to bitch and moan about them, especially at $60 plus gas a ticket.
    $60 bucks??? C'mon bro. If you're going to cry about paying $60 to see a great band, plus bitch about the songs then you should probably stay home.
    Old 04-15-2008, 02:35 PM   #129
    crawfish

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by marco j View Post
    I'm 34 and I detest most everything of those albums. Get real.

the band has become stale being ignorant about it isn't going to improve the live show.
    Get real?? OK. What ever you say. Just don't sit near me at the show cause people like you ruin the concerts.
    Old 04-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #130
    marco j
    Sweet Chicken creator

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crawfish View Post
    Get real?? OK. What ever you say. Just don't sit near me at the show cause people like you ruin the concerts.
    How the fuck would you know how I act at concerts?! Do you think I run up and down the steps screeming "Boo, Dreamgirl sucks!!!"?!

Stop being a fucking retard because the band has turned for the worse these past eight years.
    Old 04-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #131
    berman1125

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    How the fuck would you know how I act at concerts?! Do you think I run up and down the steps screeming "Boo, Dreamgirl sucks!!!"?!

Stop being a fucking retard because the band has turned for the worse these past eight years.

i could picture it
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zrroot View Post
    Do You Remember has been played 92 times since 2017. Dreaming Tree has been played 99 times since 1998
    Old 04-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #132
    DerekJTR2

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

LOL all I see is the greased up deaf guy from Family Guy
    Old 04-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #133
    marco j
    Sweet Chicken creator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by berman1125 View Post
    i could picture it
    I actually only do that when Jimi is played.
    Old 04-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #134
    berman1125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    LOL all I see is the greased up deaf guy from Family Guy

haha i had a similar picture, more along the lines of this guy just running up an down the isle with two thumbs down yellling BOOOO BOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Quote:
    Do You Remember has been played 92 times since 2017. Dreaming Tree has been played 99 times since 1998
    Old 04-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #135
    crawfish

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

They sell out all across the country year after year after year and they've turned for the worse?? You're the type of fan that bitches about everything and when they're done for good you're the first one crying that they should stay together longer. Stop acting like a baby crying for it's milk bottle. Jeez.
    Old 04-15-2008, 04:07 PM   #136
    berman1125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    They sell out all across the country year after year after year and they've turned for the worse?? You're the type of fan that bitches about everything and when they're done for good you're the first one crying that they should stay together longer. Stop acting like a baby crying for it's milk bottle. Jeez.

nahhhh, he really isnt like that
    Quote:
    Old 04-15-2008, 04:07 PM   #137
    GHB#13
    Best Slacker Alive!

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I think the old fans should ease up on the newbies a little, I mean no need to take anyone's dreams away from them because five guys from virgina used to be enlighted, got rich and let you down. At the end of the day at some point, you felt the same way about this band's music as supporters of ED and SU do, and maybe it's not just the music that makes them so excited but the spirit, energy, etc. of this band that still inspires people to this day and its kinda lame if you think its funny to spit on that. DMB music saved my life and I would hate to think that is being ruined for someone else.

I mean at the end of the day you're both right. In recent years, the band has not been putting out the product that most who have been listening to them are used to and you are entitled to your opinion on that. However, to describe it as horrible music only in comparison to their previous stuff is taking something very special away from someone who might have found it a little later than you have. Not living up to your potential doesn't mean that you're doing everything wrong or can't get something's right or inspire others.

Now for ED and SU supporter, I know it may seem weird, and i'll be the first to admit that it confuses me too, but this is nothing new. People will always be unhappy with DMB, that's just life thus far and I think its fair to equate tLWS fiasco to most of these people's best friend sleeping with their significant other. My point is, that some people have already invested a lot of time and effort into this band and they do have the right to critique them as they see fit, but it is definitely hard to understand the resentment and total lack of respect they have for this awesome band. The challenge for you is to decide what that means to you. Alot of the tension some of these people feel almost seems to stem from them expecting DMB to be what they wanted them to be, which at the time was easy because they were that for so long, and now that they don't meet those standards they feel let down. If that's how you want to support this or any other band, you have to choose that for yourself now and don't let anyone take that away from you. Pay no attention to people who think things suck, because they probably do too! Misery always has and will love company. If you like it then let it inspire you and make a difference in your life, because as you can obviously see if you look too far into it apparently it has the ability to make you jaded.

Living in the past will never make the future better.

Life is about PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION!

just my $.02

Peace,
    Gary

p.s. - 'There'll always be haters, that's the way it is. Hater niggas marry hater bitches and have hater kids!' - Kanye West
    Old 04-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #138
    bibby1044

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I enjoy Stand Up but its impossible to say the band hasnt gotten worse. Although I do believe this next album will be great and remind us of what they once were.
    Old 04-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #139
    dmbfan4ever
    IamwhoiamwhoamI

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    there's just no way.............seriously. This message board as taught me that my empathy skills are not where they should be, because I can honestly not see this issue from your pespective...I just cannot see ANYONE, literally, anyone, thinking Stand Up is a good Dave Matthews Band album, I've tried, I wish I could, but I can't. I respect that you like it, and I'm happy for DMB that they actually have people who do like it, so....

Last edited by dmbfan4ever; 04-15-2008 at 04:25 PM.
    Old 04-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #140
    dmbfan4ever
    IamwhoiamwhoamI

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bibby1044 View Post
    I enjoy Stand Up but its impossible to say the band hasnt gotten worse. Although I do believe this next album will be great and remind us of what they once were.
    ^100% agree. 1-0-0 - p.e.r.c.e.n.t.
    Old 04-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #141
    marco j
    Sweet Chicken creator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Alright douche bag, just shut the fuck up because you have absolutely no idea at all what I am like. You obviously don't come here often because if you did, you'd know that I am not someone who goes around bashing the band any chance I get.

I have been a fan of this band for since I first heard Ants. I have been a loyal fan but if you can't be mature enough to understand that the Lillywhite debacle certainly hurt this band(particulary the product they sell) then you aren't a fan at all, you are just a casual listener.
    Old 04-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #142
    berman1125

My Tour Central Stats

^ i think he meant like stand up was the first he heard of dmb, and then he got into them. and found the big 3 and realized stand up isnt that good. at least i hope so...
    Quote:
    Old 04-15-2008, 04:26 PM   #143
    berman1125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Alright douche bag, just shut the fuck up because you have absolutely no idea at all what I am like. You obviously don't come here often because if you did, you'd know that I am not someone who goes around bashing the band any chance I get.

I have been a fan of this band for since I first heard Ants. I have been a loyal fan but if you can't be mature enough to understand that the Lillywhite debacle certainly hurt this band(particulary the product they sell) then you aren't a fan at all, you are just a casual listener.

fuckin light up already pal
    Quote:
    Old 04-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #144
    marco j
    Sweet Chicken creator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I just saw this.

Fucking idiot. What could you possibly know about being a long time fan?!

Fucking ass!
    Old 04-15-2008, 04:32 PM   #145
    marco j
    Sweet Chicken creator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by berman1125 View Post
    fuckin light up already pal
    shut up stoner
    Old 04-15-2008, 04:44 PM   #146
    martindcx1e
    Wives and Witches

Shows Seen: 80

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

wow....

Quote:

Quote:
    I just saw this.

Fucking idiot. What could you possibly know about being a long time fan?!

Fucking ass!
    both valid points! I agree with you completely

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Musicology200 View Post
    My sunburst epiphone with the loose sound jack named Dirty Vicky sounds better than the Taylors being juiced over in this thread.
    Old 04-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #147
    RobRoy286

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Marco's rockin' the house.
    Old 04-15-2008, 05:57 PM   #148
    berman1125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RobRoy286 View Post
    Marco's rockin' the house.
    yea he went on a rampage today! hgaha
    Quote:
    Old 04-15-2008, 05:58 PM   #149
    berman1125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    shut up stoner

Quote:
    Old 04-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #150
    Gladstone
    Little Beethoven

My Tour Central Stats

I became a fan in 2005, this is the year I first heard DMB (they're not that well known in my country, hardly at all). I absolutely loved UTTAD, Crash, Before These Crowded Streets, Live At Luther College and Live At Red Rocks 1995 the first time I heard them. I hated Stand Up the first time I heard it (and still do obviously), I barely even recognized Dave's voice and Everyday, the first time I listened to it didn't do much for me either, if anything at all (and again, still doesn't).

Does this mean I'm a newbie...or where exactly does this place me?