What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 11 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 03-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #301
daveshookme
Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What irritates you?

This is really specific but...

There's this road by my house that goes from two lanes to one, and right after the merging zone there's a road on the right. This car kept slowing down and staying in the right but wasn't using a turning signal so I didn't know if he really was turning or not. I didn't want to pass him either in case he really wasn't turning, and then we'd be two wide on a single lane road.

So I guess people that don't use turning signals. It's not hard, douche.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #302
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

lazy co workers
    Old 03-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #303
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

People that slow down to almost a complete stop while making a right turn.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #304
    Sniper15

Shows Seen: 115

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
    I'll get shit for this, but....

...people who are pregnant/just had a baby getting constantly fawned over like they just discovered a cure for cancer. Having to listen to them yack about how *amazing* it is and what a *miracle* has happened, and see their constant Facebook updates about the ins and outs of pregnancy....STFU!!!

Congratulations, you had sex without protection. You did the one thing that man has known how to do since the beginning of fucking time. Cavemen with no fire, wheels, or tools still knew how to have babies - you're not that fucking special.

This is nothing against babies or procreation - but I'm tired of people acting like having a kid is something they should get a medal for and it makes them so much better and more enlightened than the rest of us because "we have no idea what it's like to create a life!"
    Amen.
    Old 03-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #305
    laura22

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

people that use machines in the gym incorrectly
    laura22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #306
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by k270 View Post
    I'm guessing this women who was asking for help also had a cell phone. I salute you for denying her. A cell phone is a luxury item. Lose the cell phone and it should free up some cash. Trust me, you did her a favor.

I work in a grocery store. Most people who write checks are elderly people. In 10 to 20 years nobody will be writing checks, unless they're trying to scam the store. Trust me, they think they're smarter than the checker. I can spot a check scammer as soon as you start to unload your cart onto my belt. If you have an out of area check and are buying lots of beer and meat, guess what, your most likely trying to scam the store. It's a very interesting thing to. I work for a family owned store. We take local checks only. When someone comes through with almost $175 worth of stuff and we deny their check (usually out of area) we offer the Credit or Debit option. 99.99% the time, they don't have either option on them. We tell them sorry and send them on their way. We then call the other store and tell them to keep a look out for the people who were just in.

Not at our store. We've yet to install a system that writes the whole check for you. I know what your talking about, I've seen the system at Costco. In a 8 hour shift I can take no checks, or can take as many as 5 or 6 six checks. Most checks are from elderly people.
    Yeah, it was the same lady. And she had a smartphone. I might be able to excuse an older phone given the fact that some people have replaced landlines with cells and you can actually get public assistance or private charity to pay/provide an older phone now. Total luxury item. And I bet she payed for that annoying "Frog" ring tone from like 5 years ago too.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dre2142 View Post
    stores that only take local checks
    No excuse for this in the modern world. I was a cashier for a little over a year at two different jobs. We used SCAN (Shared Check Auth Network) which basically ran every check like a debit card and electronically presented each check for payment instantly. Really only mom and pops are bad about this.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by courtzdmb View Post
    People who make popcorn in the office before noon.
    People who BURN popcorn. That shit smells HORRIBLE and will stink up any area for up to three days. No excuse for that. Wait for 2-3 seconds between pops and for them to slow down...what's so hard about that?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haiku Jimi View Post
    Bill Hicks:

"If you have children here tonight—and I assume some of you do—I am sorry to tell you this. They are not special. I'll let that sink in. Don't get me wrong, folks. I know you think they're special. You think that. I'm telling you—they're not.

Did you know that every time a guy comes, he comes 200 million sperm? Did you know that? And you mean to tell me you think your child is special? Because one out of 200 million sperm connected . . . that load? Gee, what are the fucking odds? Do you know what that means? I have wiped entire civilizations off of my chest, with a gray gym sock. That is special. Entire nations have flaked and crusted in the hair around my navel. That is special.

And I want you to think about that, you two-egg-carrying beings out there with that holier-than-thou, we-have-the-gift-of-life attitude. I have tossed universes, in my underpants, while napping. That is special."
    One of the top 10 comedians of all time...IMHO.

So more things that annoy me:

Bicyclists who hog the road. I don't give a fuck if you have the same right of way, have some common fucking decency and a sense of self preservation and at least move over to the edge of the road on a road with a 55mph speed limit. The same thing goes for mopeds.

People who throw more into the accessories for their old piece of shit car than the car is actually worth. There is an epidemic here of 80s cars, jacked up, no exhausts, painted like NASCARs, spinning rims, systems, etc...spinning rims were fucking 10 years ago.

Aggressive salespeople, be it in store or over the phone. Best Buy has gotten especially aggressive. When I say I'm "just looking" it means I'm just looking. I've already done my shopping online and am pretty sure what I'm buying. I probably know more about it than you do. I'm just making sure there isn't a better product there or making my final decision. Over the phone, with telemarketers or when I call to order something, upselling me will not work. Sorry man, the way I earned a higher commission was helping people, not upselling them. There's a fine line to walk and most people who work in sales don't know it.

I've probably said this before, but people who can't parent. Doesn't matter where or when, restaurants come to mind first. That shit is going to spiral out of control by the time your kid is a teenager.

And along that vain, people who breastfeed/change diapers in public...and by public, I mean for the whole world to see. Nobody wants to see your saggy postpartem titty or smell your shitty diaper. I don't give a fuck what the law says.

Loud exhausts. Your piece of shit 1990 Honda CRX is still a piece of shit. Even if you have a huge truck or a Camaro, you're just fucking stupid and rude.

Online dating. I've deleted all of my profiles. The few dates, out of dozens of girls I messaged, were all weird bitches with hangups or baggage, who lied about who they really were. I dated a girl for like two weeks before I found out she had two kids. OOPS. I guess me putting "Sorry, no kids, please" in my profile meant nothing and her lying about it just confirmed to me she wasn't worth it. Just a bunch of fake people out there and/or psychos.

People who order the large/supersized meal at a fast food joint with a diet soda. Oh, really?

This one is kind of personal. My family irritates me, calling me lazy and self-entitled because I won't take a job for $7.25-10/hr. No, it's because I CAN'T FUCKING LIVE on that. I pay nearly $1,000/month in student loans. $10/hr translates to about 1500/month in net income working full time. Simple as that. Just not enough to pay rent, utilities, and other bills. For about three months I was working two lower paying jobs nearly 20 hours a day, 4 or 5 days a week. I couldn't have kept that going for much longer.

School buses. Getting stuck behind one sucks. They stop for like 3 minutes each time, drive slow, god forbid they pull over and let some cars go by.

Rubbernecking in traffic...there is nothing worse than seeing a green light when traffic is backed up, edging forward only to see it turn red just before you get to the line. I'd rather sit still than rubberneck.
    Old 03-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #307
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Relating to the checks thing, I hate places that still don't accept debit/credit! There is one in town I can think of; a super popular Cuban restaurant that's so good, and they let you byob and it's always packed, but it's cash or check only. Get with the times!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by defcon View Post
    Bicyclists who hog the road. I don't give a fuck if you have the same right of way, have some common fucking decency and a sense of self preservation and at least move over to the edge of the road on a road with a 55mph speed limit. The same thing goes for mopeds.
    I have no problem with sharing the road and bicyclers, but many of them seem to be such an elitist group, acting like they're more entitled to shit. Not from seeing them in the road but whenever I read some opinion article or letter to the editor, they act like they're better than drivers. Vegetarians sometimes do this too.

edit: add vegetarians to my list
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #308
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GSUdawg521 View Post
    Relating to the checks thing, I hate places that still don't accept debit/credit! There is one in town I can think of; a super popular Cuban restaurant that's so good, and they let you byob and it's always packed, but it's cash or check only. Get with the times!

I have no problem with sharing the road and bicyclers, but many of them seem to be such an elitist group, acting like they're more entitled to shit. Not from seeing them in the road but whenever I read some opinion article or letter to the editor, they act like they're better than drivers. Vegetarians sometimes do this too.

edit: add vegetarians to my list
    Exactly. There's a group here that is claiming a right under the state constitution to have bike lanes on every road. Don't you think that's going too far? And what ever happened to the sidewalk? Most casual bike riders stick to the sidewalks...no problem with those types.

Alot of times with not accepting debit/credit cards businesses have decided that it would be more detrimental to them to take them than it would be to not take them. They have to pay exorbitant fees to processors/clearinghouses and other vendors to accept credit and debit cards, which cuts into their profits. I know when I was doing well in the flea market business before I sold out it was like $199/month or .65/transaction. I could see how this could add up. I find that the most reasonably priced places don't take cards, and that's why. The credit card companies and banks are evil, but we already knew that.
    Old 03-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #309
    Rebecca De Mornay
    HateAllThingsElijah

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

When you eat something spicy and then poop the next day
    Wow guys, I wasn't at this show, but just listened to your Halloween. Damn, raw AF! I bet it was incredible live, Timmys outro was bad-ass!!!! Gotta listen to the rest of this show, setlist is on point.
    Rebecca De Mornay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #310
    fearthefrog82
    Octopus anyone?

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Facebook.

Fuck you Zuckerberg
    fearthefrog82 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #311
    Sniper15

My Tour Central Stats

I can't stand elitist bicyclists. It especially pisses me off when they run red lights and stop signs and then look at me like I'm a massive ass when I honk at them. I've also noticed that a lot of bicyclist think they always have the right of way no matter what because they're on a fucking bike. If you're going to behave like a car on the road then you need to follow the laws that people in cars are forced to follow.
    Old 03-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #312
    courtzdmb
    Miss you Roi, RIP

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

When people at work leave early on Fridays and I'm still here until 4:30. Lame.

~Was I a fool to think?~
    courtzdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #313
    Jimi Thing 10

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

When people in front of you are turning left at a lighted intersection and they don't pull up into the intersection, causing you to get stuck at the light.
    Jimi Thing 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 01:01 PM   #314
    Haiku Jimi

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Idiots. Idiots irritate me.
    Old 03-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #315
    decemberlov

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

when someone calls to tell me something that should take 30 seconds and they turn it into a 10 minute conversation. Get to the point already!!!!!!!!!
    Old 03-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #316
    Andrew4Bama
    Tub Rock

Shows Seen: 2

My Tour Central Stats

When you call someone and they don't answer, but they text you back as if you texted them.
    Andrew4Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 01:26 PM   #317
    Sniper15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andrew4Bama View Post
    When you call someone and they don't answer, but they text you back as if you texted them.
    Yeah I hate this shit.
    Old 03-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #318
    VivaMonkeyMan
    34#Captain SugarWill#41

My Tour Central Stats

yo mama, bitch
    VivaMonkeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #319
    Jimi Thing 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    When you miss a call at the last second, but when you call them back they don't answer.
    Old 03-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #320
    smudge1
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

People that can't quit playing with their IPhones. Want to show me something online? Show it to me on a fucking 25" computer monitor.
    smudge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #321
    DMBcubs3641
    Season over.

Shows Seen: 23

My Tour Central Stats

People who post stuff like this on their facebook. So unecessary.
    197486_10150168759743103_652543102_8205551_4973239_n.jpg

NSFW
    DMBcubs3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #322
    Jimi Thing 10

My Tour Central Stats

I need more friends like that.
    Old 03-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #323
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBcubs3641 View Post
    Attachment 58782

NSFW
    to the extra bone protruding from below her right tit....
    Useliteski is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #324
    wnderwoman

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I usually do this because I have no interest in talking to them.
    wnderwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #325
    LadyMadonna68

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wnderwoman View Post
    Yeah this is what I was going to say.
    LadyMadonna68 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #326
    Andrew4Bama
    Tub Rock

Shows Seen: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wnderwoman View Post
    *self-esteem hits rock bottom*
    Andrew4Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #327
    mcwyffe
    MattsMarching #006

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBcubs3641 View Post
    Attachment 58782

NSFW
    you are upset about this?
    mcwyffe is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #328
    Jimi Thing 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Useliteski View Post
    to the extra bone protruding from below her right tit....
    http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/042009/gay_test.jpg
    Old 03-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #329
    DMBcubs3641
    Season over.

Shows Seen: 23

My Tour Central Stats

I just think it's immature and annoying. I also find her to be unattractive and I would much rather just go to pornhub if I feel like looking at naked women on a computer.
    DMBcubs3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #330
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by defcon View Post

People who order the large/supersized meal at a fast food joint with a diet soda. Oh, really?
    I do this, but it's just because I prefer diet soda to regular, not because I'm under some delusion that getting the diet Coke makes it healthy.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
    AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote