2010 tour dates... NJ? possible info - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-07-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
trippinHAYDENs
Big Eyed Fish

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

2010 tour dates... NJ? possible info

So i work for a ticket broker, before you people yell at me for working for a broker we dont do DMB tickets because for some reason my boss doesnt think they sell well (and i dont set the prices, its just money in my pocket while i get through college), and i was on this program we have that shows every ticket a broker has and what their price (wholesale) and location is. So for fun i typed in Dave Matthews Band and Susquehanna Bank Center popped up and had 2 dates listed, June 30th & July 1st (Weds & Thurs). For some reason there are a few tickets listed (less than 10 a night) but as far as i've seen they havent announced the 2010 tour dates.

So perhaps this is a spoiler and when they do announce the dates Camden, NJ will be 6/30 & 7/1.

Before you ask about other venues, the only 3 places i was able to look up was Kentucky (Churchill Downs) and Hamburg along with Camden.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6oC1...eature=channel

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-07-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
    trippinHAYDENs
    Big Eyed Fish

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2010 tour dates... NJ? possible info

now that i think about it, this thread would have been better in the Camden thread. If a moderator would like to either move this to that thread or actually just close this thread and i'll post this in that thread. My apologies.
    Old 01-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trippinHAYDENs View Post
    So i work for a ticket broker, before you people yell at me for working for a broker we dont do DMB tickets because for some reason my boss doesnt think they sell well (and i dont set the prices, its just money in my pocket while i get through college),
    your boss is a moron.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    Old 01-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
    trippinHAYDENs
    Big Eyed Fish

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    your boss is a moron.
    Actually he's not, we hardly ever get people requesting DMB tickets so he doesnt buy them for inventory. To us we may think itd be smart to have DMB tickets because we're fans but being in this business for 3 years you see what kind of shows are good buys and what arent. We still have them listed on our website but every broker does because what is on the website is other broker's tickets. So if you go to our website, see something you want, order it, we then get those exact tickets from the broker that has them. Sort of like the middle man. That way you dont invest money getting inventory for something and not selling it and losing out on the money. And its also how we can get tickets for any event there is. The stuff that we get a ton of inventory is stuff like Radio City X-Mas show, certain Knicks games, Devils games, Rutgers football, Wintuk, soccer, broadway shows, and certain concerts. We get a lot of stuff through group sales box office at a discounted prices then sell them for about $5-10 above what the normal face value would be. So if a ticket for Knicks-Lakers if $70 and we get it through group sales at a discounted price for about $55-60, and we sell them for $80 then we make $20-25 a ticket.

Certain shows are good for a broker to get while others you dont make money off of. You would think the Dallas Cowboys-Philly Eagles playoff game this weekend would be a good buy but its not. I just checked the site that lists every broker's inventory and there was 2628 listingsfor the game this weekend. And that doesnt mean 2628 tickets, that means 2628 listings. A listing for example someone has, Section C136 Row 4 Seats 1-4 (QTY 4) at $750 each. Some listings have 2, 3, 4, 5 and someone actually has 8 for Quantity (C235, row 3, $600 each). It doesnt mean you need to buy that many, if someone has 4 they'd most likely be willing to split it into 2 pairs if all you wanted was 2. But thats a shitload of money per ticket for a football game which is why there are 2628 listings as of Thursday night before a Sat game. To compare, Lady Gaga, Radio City Music Hall, Weds Night is down to 39 listings and all of them are orchestra.

You dont make money off of having DMB tickets but Lady Gaga has been a great sell for us. If theres something we get, we usually put them up lowest on the board to sell them quickly rather than these brokers that put them up for ridiculous prices and get stuck with them longer. When we got Phish at MSG for Friday night it was a hot ticket at the beginning. We got what we got, put it up lowest on the board and sold all our inventory. Other brokers put them up at ridiculous prices that no Phish fan or casual Phish fan would pay and day of the show i was able to get a ticket 15 rows from the stage for my brother for under face value because brokers just needed to get rid of them.

I usually wait till the week of the DMB shows to get my tickets through work and i have paid under face value a few times and for SPAC last year i got both nights at face.
    Closed Thread