Camden N2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
jsied55

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Camden N2

Camden N2:

Went solo to the show and had a blast...met a lot of cool people and everyone was really friendly overall. I got to met with Jeff before the show as he wandered toward the entrance for pit about 10 minutes into the opening act. Which btw Mavis Staples still has got it..I was surprised that she was able to put on what I thought was the best opening act I have seen all tour.

Dreamgirl: pretty decent let down here especially with all the great openers so far...I was a littler weary to start the night with that...and I had noticed there was a lot of energy in the building so kind of a buzz kill

DIDO
: standard version got things on track and the crowd into it....should have started the concert with this

Joyride: standard version the crowd was loud on this one with the "woo's"

WWYS: always solid to hear at a show....the crowd was rocking at this point

Crush: Dave's mic or something malfunctioned during WWYS so a crew member ran out to change his mic. In the meantime Stefan ripped about a 2-3 min solo which led to the intro. The jams on this were tight and sounded great. Boyd and Jeff stood out here.

JTR: Woman next to me had been chasing Grey Street so I said it was that or JTR.......celebration for me took place while sulking on her end....Standard version kind of a funky little intro into the end jam however....

GTBT: fun little cover, crowd was into this.....I enjoyed it butttt I could live without this 1 still cool to hear

#41: standard version.....crowd was really into this one again Jeff stood out here

Kill The Preacher: fun little tune.....good placement for it as well here

Why I Am: standard version

Help Myself: great to hear this tune.....crowd seemed to like it as well standard version

Mercy: eh version I like the end jam and the song itself has grown on me a bit.....however the end jam going on for 9 min is unacceptable. If they could put some soloing or something a little different on it I would enjoy it.....I like the horn progression at the end but the 7 min in between is the same progression.

SMTS: was different to hear this by itself lol but was a good song to come after mercy got the crowd loud again

Drunken Soldier: good spot for this one as well, really top 1 or 2 off AFTW for me.....lasers on this 1 are cool on the venue ceiling for anyone who hasn't seen them

HFTGL: ok butttt not a song I would pick to see...especially after seeing the Scranton liberation.

Belly Full: very happy I got to see this....it completed AFTW for me and I actually would like to see this come up before songs....really enjoyed this little 2 min performance....

Typical Situation:
the jam was epic...I thought Jeff was going to pass out......the start was chilling, band looked to have a great time with this one....and a loudddd sing along here.

Ants Marching: Carter was hitting the snare sooo hard on the intro. Dave gave the intro scat on it.....loudest sing along which then the band seamlessly flowed into

Halloween: louddd eruption from the crowd at this point, thought the run from Belly full was awesome....standard version here just was one of the strongest finishes to a show in recent memory for me
--------------------------------------------------------------------
was an awesome show and I could really be any happier.....I was standing next to a guy who was close friend with Jeff...which is actually why he came out to talk with the guy. He had mentioned to Jeff to break out Minarets in the encore...Jeff said he could see what he could do... as you know this plea didn't work but just information if for some reason Bethel gets a Minarets.......the band seemed to just play tonight wasn't a lot of time between songs or Davespeak.....they had smiles all around and just played, which was great to see what felt like vintage DMB to me....Also noticed Dave signed a few autographs during some of the songs.....

Oh: not a fan of this one but for e1 it was whatever

LIOG Reprise: eruption from the crowd and just was awesome how Dave walked up to the mic and went right into it.

Pig: standard version .....this and Typical were def the highlights of the night for me. Dave noticed the Love signs and gear in the pit hear as he seemed to stare.

Two Step: great version......Timmy gave a facemelting solo ......Carter is a monster in his solo.....ending jam seemed to start from Carter symbol hits.....Stefan then mentioned something to Dave which he then did the higher ground outro......really neat version.

Out of the 6 shows I was lucky enough to catch I enjoyed all of them a ton and am so happy to see the band in its current stage. Camden N2 and SPAC N2 this year are nights I will always remember....as both were special in so many ways. The Hartford weekend was an incredible experience with some rarities mixed in. For the rest of the tour enjoy the shows you are at and if you can make some extra ones.....well worth it

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
    dreamingrace
    every hue inside of you

Shows Seen: 90

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Camden N2

this set looks amazing! Different some how ~
    dreamingrace is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
    bartender_man

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Glad you had fun man
    Old 07-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #4
    Cryfreedom09
    mmmm beach ball

Shows Seen: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Good review. Would have loved to have been at that show.
    Old 07-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Was I sitting next to you? I was wearing a black Batman tank top in row M section 100. Sounds a lot like stuff the guy next to me was saying throughout the show
    Old 07-10-2013, 05:34 AM   #6
    jsied55

My Tour Central Stats

I was in the pit so I dont believe so^
    Old 07-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
    jas230314

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

One of the strongest encores I have seen in a while, very cool, and there were some seriously strong runs in the main set.

The first:

Drive in Drive Out
    Joyride
    What Would You Say
    Crush
    JTR

(wow what a great run... Dreamgirl was cool to hear, but that's a great 2nd through 6th song!)

and then this to end:

Belly Full
    Typical
    Ants Marching
    Halloween

Especially when Hunger is the 'bad song', clocking in at 3 and a half minutes, it doesn't even feel like a run lost its energy. No one was expecting Halloween, and it was a great performance. Overall, the show is one of very few shows I've seen where almost every song is a song I love seeing (save for Mercy to an extent, and Hunger to an extent). Camden N2 2010 was similar in this way. It felt like a great song after a great song almost from start to finish!!

Agree with most of your takes on the songs, except I really dig Oh as a cool encore 1 song (there are better options, but wayyy far worse options too!), so this encore is one of the best i've seen in years. It's a creatively written encore, surprising the crowd with Halloween to end the set, the crowd was loving the LIOG reprise and Pig soooo much. Plus, two step ain't a bad way to end the night

11/19 and 11/20
    Best shows I've ever seen, I'll miss this band

jas230314 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2016, 06:36 PM   #8
    crounsa810

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

3 years later and this is still the best show I've seen from this band. Such a good time
    Old 06-30-2016, 08:38 AM   #9
    excitingjae

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

so good you resurrected two old threads for it!
    Old 06-30-2016, 08:50 AM   #10
    jsied55

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crounsa810 View Post
    3 years later and this is still the best show I've seen from this band. Such a good time
    was a really really good show......best one I have seen in a number of years still to this day