What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 1196 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 11-24-2015, 12:50 PM   #35851
BAHHHTIWaC

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What irritates you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post
OWS was successful?
I think the point is that, while it wasn't successful at what it set out to do, it wasn't unproductive in making some sort of change.
BAHHHTIWaC is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-24-2015, 01:19 PM   #35852
    ryguy469

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Ticketmaster and all online high demand drops. Infuriating.
    ryguy469 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-24-2015, 02:04 PM   #35853
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post
    OWS was successful?
    No

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    Personally, I think the whole thing was a staged hoax. I think his dad probably orchestrated all of the non-sense. I don't know that anyone thought it would go as far as it did but it definitely seems like the kid was coached on what to do. First, who takes apart a clock to make a clock? Second, how many times was the kid asked to put it away and not walk around with it? I just feel like it's all too perfect to not be orchestrated.
    There's no way to know, but that's unfortunately too plausible. It seems like "fake prejudice story orchestrated to make a point" and "fake prejudice story because the media hasn't fact checked anything since 1996" are becoming impossible to tell from "real prejudice story", which is extremely unfortunate because real prejudice appears to be on the rise.
    Tomriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-24-2015, 03:16 PM   #35854
    FromTheMorning

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

When your Uber driver blatantly goes the wrong way. I tell him to stay on the same road for literally 10 miles. Half mile in the guy veers right and exits, we get stuck in traffic, before finally having to get back on to the road we just got off of 15 minutes earlier.
    FromTheMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-24-2015, 04:04 PM   #35855
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tomriddle View Post
    There's no way to know, but that's unfortunately too plausible. It seems like "fake prejudice story orchestrated to make a point" and "fake prejudice story because the media hasn't fact checked anything since 1996" are becoming impossible to tell from "real prejudice story", which is extremely unfortunate because real prejudice appears to be on the rise.
    When you consider the BS his dad has done in the past, you kind of know. Also, throughout this entire thing, outside of the bomb thing, neither religion nor race was mentioned during this entire ordeal. I haven't even heard a rumor where someone accuses anyone of stereotyping anything like "you people" or "those people". In addition, I haven't heard one story where anyone is claiming that he's ever been singled out before or treated differently than any other student. While I completely agree, you want to find the actual incidents and correct them, the same should be said for the other side if it's a false narrative.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-24-2015, 04:29 PM   #35856
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    How much a chunk of America is regressing. First a leading presidential candidate says his supporters should have beaten up a protestor. Now some white guys shoot some protestors.

Doesn't matter if you agree with the protestors or not, they were not being violent. This is getting a bit fucked.
    I could have told you this was coming after Ferguson.
    Old 11-24-2015, 07:30 PM   #35857
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Charged my iPad for the last 5 hours and forgot that the outlet the charger is plugged into is connected to a wall switch which was off...
    Old 11-24-2015, 08:38 PM   #35858
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveHead36 View Post
    Charged my iPad for the last 5 hours and forgot that the outlet the charger is plugged into is connected to a wall switch which was off...
    #firstworldproblems

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-25-2015, 06:26 AM   #35859
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

unsubscribing from an email d-list and then they send you another email confirming that you unsubscribed
    Old 11-25-2015, 06:36 AM   #35860
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr. testaverde View Post
    unsubscribing from an email d-list and then they send you another email confirming that you unsubscribed
    Worse than that was like two years ago when I clicked to get paperless bills from Verizon. And a week later I get a freaking LETTER IN THE MAIL thanking me for going paperless.
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-25-2015, 06:39 AM   #35861
    NextMovement41
    BBQ BEER FREEDOM

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveHead36 View Post
    The worst. Or when I throw a bagel in the toaster oven and forget it's not plugged in but the timer still goes. Fuuuuck
    Old 11-25-2015, 07:39 AM   #35862
    Bostonsux013
    VICTORY!

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

I have been in a debate recently over the question of who is/was more impactful in their teams success: Brady or Jeter.

Now I agree that not many people can be MORE of a reason for their teams success, but I think Jeter is AS MUCH of a reason for his teams success as Brady.

I was surprised to see that my comment was perceived as idiotic among a group of friends. So I dug deeper into statistical info to find that for his first three superbowls, Tom Brady was around the 10th statistically best qb in the NFL those years. I found that Jeter was at the very top (offensively, however Brady doesn't play a lick of defense so I figured it's fair to leave fielding statistics out of this, although the fact that Jeter could contribute to his team defensively is a valid argument to make when comparing the two) of his position.

So the discussion boiled down to one main question: If neither athlete ever played for their team, who would it negatively affect most?

I was shocked to see so many say, 'The Yankees would've won despite Jeter'.

Really? Do people believe this? You take out a .300+ hitting #2 in the lineup and there is no consequence. Or the consequence is irrelevant to the team's ability to win a World Series. Really?

In the end, it may have come across that I was saying Jeter was more important to his squad. But really I was only trying to say that each player had an equal impact on their teams success. And even if the QB position is more impactful than the SS in baseball, Jeter still won 1 more title than Brady. I just didn't think it was that outlandish of a statement. Could it have anything to do with it being dead smack in the middle of a 10-0 season following a SB and not on the heals of a 3-peat by the yankees in 2000?
    Bostonsux013 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-25-2015, 10:40 AM   #35863
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Also, I love how, when you're sick, everyone at work who gets sick or even just sneezes claims you got them sick, even when it's jokingly. It never gets old.
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-25-2015, 11:51 AM   #35864
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GSUdawg521 View Post
    Also, I love how, when you're sick, everyone at work who gets sick or even just sneezes claims you got them sick, even when it's jokingly. It never gets old.

Doubly awful when it's something not contagious. I had a double ear infection the past two weeks. Two people claim I got them sick with a cold. I did not have a cold.
    Old 11-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #35865
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GSUdawg521 View Post

Even worse when you aren't sick at all and just sneeze due to a dust particle in your nose and everyone over reacts telling you to stay away from them because you're sick and they don't want to catch what you have.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2015, 01:01 AM   #35866
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bostonsux013 View Post
    I have been in a debate recently over the question of who is/was more impactful in their teams success: Brady or Jeter.

Now I agree that not many people can be MORE of a reason for their teams success, but I think Jeter is AS MUCH of a reason for his teams success as Brady.

I was surprised to see that my comment was perceived as idiotic among a group of friends. So I dug deeper into statistical info to find that for his first three superbowls, Tom Brady was around the 10th statistically best qb in the NFL those years. I found that Jeter was at the very top (offensively, however Brady doesn't play a lick of defense so I figured it's fair to leave fielding statistics out of this, although the fact that Jeter could contribute to his team defensively is a valid argument to make when comparing the two) of his position.

So the discussion boiled down to one main question: If neither athlete ever played for their team, who would it negatively affect most?

I was shocked to see so many say, 'The Yankees would've won despite Jeter'.

Really? Do people believe this? You take out a .300+ hitting #2 in the lineup and there is no consequence. Or the consequence is irrelevant to the team's ability to win a World Series. Really?

In the end, it may have come across that I was saying Jeter was more important to his squad. But really I was only trying to say that each player had an equal impact on their teams success. And even if the QB position is more impactful than the SS in baseball, Jeter still won 1 more title than Brady. I just didn't think it was that outlandish of a statement. Could it have anything to do with it being dead smack in the middle of a 10-0 season following a SB and not on the heals of a 3-peat by the yankees in 2000?

there is no way to really say because neither would be who they are without the team they had around them. they yankees won 125 games in 1998. if they didn't have jeter, they'd still win 115 and the world series because the TEAM was that well put together that year. same with the patriots. we know that a bad QB can step in and look great because matt cassell proved that. without BB's system and targets like wes welker, brady doesn't put up the numbers he did.

rings and titles are the single worst way to compare two players because there is nothing that is less individualistic in sports than a TEAM accomplishment. going by titles, eli manning is a better QB than peyton and dan marino, which is just flat our not true. he just happened to be on a TEAMS that worked well together and were lucky enough to win the superbowl.

eli won a ring because of a catch. peyton could have had the best SB performance ever and still lost to the seahawks because the defense gave up so many points. and brady owes at least a couple rings to his kicker.
    Old 11-26-2015, 02:07 AM   #35867
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    there is no way to really say because neither would be who they are without the team they had around them. they yankees won 125 games in 1998. if they didn't have jeter, they'd still win 115 and the world series because the TEAM was that well put together that year. same with the patriots. we know that a bad QB can step in and look great because matt cassell proved that. without BB's system and targets like wes welker, brady doesn't put up the numbers he did.

rings and titles are the single worst way to compare two players because there is nothing that is less individualistic in sports than a TEAM accomplishment. going by titles, eli manning is a better QB than peyton and dan marino, which is just flat our not true. he just happened to be on a TEAMS that worked well together and were lucky enough to win the superbowl.

eli won a ring because of a catch. peyton could have had the best SB performance ever and still lost to the seahawks because the defense gave up so many points. and brady owes at least a couple rings to his kicker.
    Why does everyone forget about "The Catch" the part where Eli superman'd his way out of the sacks? That is the most impressive part. He was DEAD, and he fought his way out of it.

The plot is always moving forward.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    So is a glacier.

Last edited by BotheLaneFan; 11-26-2015 at 02:08 AM.
    BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2015, 06:13 AM   #35868
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BotheBradyFan View Post
    Why does everyone forget about "The Catch" the part where Eli superman'd his way out of the sacks? That is the most impressive part. He was DEAD, and he fought his way out of it.

I bring that up every time a pats fan says they lost because of a lucky catch
    Old 11-26-2015, 07:39 AM   #35869
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

The guy who finally, literally this morning, finished my wood floors. It was just like the guy in Seinfeld where he asked Jerry like a million questions and took forever along the way.
    Old 11-26-2015, 07:45 AM   #35870
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    I bring that up every time a pats fan says they lost because of a lucky catch
    They lost because Asante Samuel decided to replace his hands with cinder blocks on the play before it.

The plot is always moving forward.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    So is a glacier.
    BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #35871
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

The song S.O.B
    Holy shit does it suck
    aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2015, 09:37 AM   #35872
    scrock25

Shows Seen: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Scott you seriously have the worst taste in pretty much everything
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2015, 10:27 AM   #35873
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Turkey Trots. If you're running a 5k/half marathon on Thanksgiving you're such a try hard it's sickening. Just get drunk and eat until you hate yourself like a normal person.
    Old 11-26-2015, 10:40 AM   #35874
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    Turkey Trots. If you're running a 5k/half marathon on Thanksgiving you're such a try hard it's sickening. Just get drunk and eat until you hate yourself like a normal person.
    So a person can't run a 5K at 7am? That gets in the way of eating and drinking?

You may have a problem.
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2015, 11:16 AM   #35875
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr. testaverde View Post

I hate how a lot of sites say it'll take 1-2 weeks for your changes to take effect. It's like, no, unsubscribe me NOW damnit!!!

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2015, 11:27 AM   #35876
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    So a person can't run a 5K at 7am? That gets in the way of eating and drinking?

You may have a problem.
    yeah I don't see what's irritating about people going for a morning run
    Old 11-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #35877
    JRS1386
    Heeeeeeeere's Gritty

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

People who get sickened over pointless stuff that doesn't affect them and in the slightest

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...stcount=126148
    JRS1386 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2015, 12:18 PM   #35878
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrock25 View Post
    Scott you seriously have the worst taste in pretty much everything
    Mentions dry white meat turkey....the best

Seriously Scrockerz, you like that song??
    aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2015, 12:23 PM   #35879
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

People that stop in a parking lot waiting for a spot while someone is still unloading their groceries, and they just stop there waiting. Meanwhile, cars pile up in line and they just sit there and sit there.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2015, 12:40 PM   #35880
    FromTheMorning

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

When people just assume that I want lemon in my water. Disgusting. Happy Thanksgiving!
    FromTheMorning is offline   Reply With Quote