The Gorge 2012 - Page 87 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 04-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #2581
liljoey90
9 planets round the sun

Shows Seen: 159

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Gorge 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuttercup7 View Post
Are you opposed to camping? If I were you I'd just get a camp spot. No driving involved.

I hate to sound stupid... lol, but I've never been camping before. It sounds like a cool idea, but I've never set up a tent, or know much about it. I'm just new to the whole idea and wouldn't really know where to start
liljoey90 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #2582
    mbuttercup7

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by liljoey90 View Post
    I hate to sound stupid... lol, but I've never been camping before. It sounds like a cool idea, but I've never set up a tent, or know much about it. I'm just new to the whole idea and wouldn't really know where to start
    Gorge amphitheater has a campground. Walking distance to the venue. Take a look around www.toupstown.com, lots of good info in there. If you do think about camping, feel free to ask whatever questions you have. Lots of veterans in here.
    Old 04-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #2583
    drue22

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    For all the people that are local or know about the area... Where is a good place to stay between Seattle and The Gorge? I know I'm late to the game so there probably isn't a lot of hotels available... I'm trying to avoid having to drive the 150 miles back to Seattle every night... Anybody have any ideas?
    CAMP!! but if you are not inclined- nearby cities/townships:
    Wenatchee
    Moses Lake
    Ellensburg
    LeavenWorth
    Chelan
    Crescent Bar
    Sunland <- my recommendation, small vacation town, literally down the road from the venue...No hotels but nice rentals if you have a group.
    -Shoreline [2012] Hollywood Bowl-
    drue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #2584
    liljoey90
    9 planets round the sun

My Tour Central Stats

Are there any camp grounds where you can have everything set up for you, or do you always have to bring your own stuff?
    Old 04-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #2585
    bigbird321
    SuperFreak

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Are there any camp grounds where you can have everything set up for you, or do you always have to bring your own stuff?
    The gorge does something called glamping, I believe.
    bigbird321 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #2586
    liljoey90
    9 planets round the sun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigbird321 View Post
    The gorge does something called glamping, I believe.

I just looked into it and it said it's sold out
    Old 04-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #2587
    russvodder
    Surfing for Aliens

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    For all the people that are local or know about the area... Where is a good place to stay between Seattle and The Gorge? I know I'm late to the game so there probably isn't a lot of hotels available... I'm trying to avoid having to drive the 150 miles back to Seattle every night... Anybody have any ideas?
    Camping is the best plan. There is NO WAY you want to drive back to Seattle each night. Hotel options would be (closest to farthest) George, Quincy, Vantage, Moses Lake, Ephrata, Ellensburg and then Cle Elum (which is ~70 miles).

I would certainly sleep in my car at the venue camping before considering driving all the way back to Seattle.
    Old 04-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #2588
    liljoey90
    9 planets round the sun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by russvodder View Post
    Camping is the best plan. There is NO WAY you want to drive back to Seattle each night. Hotel options would be (closest to farthest) George, Quincy, Vantage, Moses Lake, Ephrata, Ellensburg and then Cle Elum (which is ~70 miles).

I would certainly sleep in my car at the venue camping before considering driving all the way back to Seattle.

I've just never camped before, know nothing about setting up a tent, and how it all works, so that's why i haven't considered it. That's why I'm trying to get a little more information on it because I know so many people do it on here
    Old 04-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #2589
    mbuttercup7

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I've just never camped before, know nothing about setting up a tent, and how it all works, so that's why i haven't considered it. That's why I'm trying to get a little more information on it because I know so many people do it on here
    Are you coming solo?
    Old 04-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #2590
    liljoey90
    9 planets round the sun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbuttercup7 View Post
    Are you coming solo?

I'm coming with at least my friend Chris... Maybe 1 other person too, but he is just like me, never did this before.
    Old 04-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #2591
    Steady37
    Embrace Change

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm coming with at least my friend Chris... Maybe 1 other person too, but he is just like me, never did this before.
    do you have any interest in camping...like in general? not just gorge? maybe picking up a cheapish tent and finding an awesome location near you for a weekend test on the experience? get some practice setting up a tent and what not? (perhaps hit up an outdoors-inclined friend to bring with and get some pointers from?)

some people aren't remotely interested in camping, and that's fine...there's hotels that can accommodate that...but if you have any interest at all, it's even MORE fun out at the gorge with 20k+ people and parties surrounding you.

PLEASE DON'T SHOP AT WALMART.
    DO NOT BUY CHEAP STYROFOAM COOLERS THAT KILL THE PLANET AND MELT YOUR ICE.
    THANK YOU.

Commissioner of Broken Promises
    GORGE FAQ
    Steady37 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #2592
    liljoey90
    9 planets round the sun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Steady37 View Post
    do you have any interest in camping...like in general? not just gorge? maybe picking up a cheapish tent and finding an awesome location near you for a weekend test on the experience? get some practice setting up a tent and what not? (perhaps hit up an outdoors-inclined friend to bring with and get some pointers from?)

some people aren't remotely interested in camping, and that's fine...there's hotels that can accommodate that...but if you have any interest at all, it's even MORE fun out at the gorge with 20k+ people and parties surrounding you.

I kind of am. I've never done it before so I don't know what it's like... The idea of it sounds cool, but I'm not much of a party animal, so if it's loud and annoying when i wanna go to sleep, I may get annoyed. I've just always been used to staying in really nice hotels when I travel, I'm kind of OCD with bugs and stuff, so I just don't know how well it would go, plus since I've never done it before, the thought of flying across the country with no place to stay, just sleeping outside, kind of worries me a bit. So to answer your question, the idea sounds really cool, being outside late hanging out if the weather is beautiful, but being that I have no experience with this, I may not know the right and fun way to do things.
    Old 04-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #2593
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    go buy a cheap 4-6 person tent at Target/Walmart ($70) and practice putting it up in your living room.
    Old 04-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #2594
    Steady37
    Embrace Change

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I kind of am. I've never done it before so I don't know what it's like... The idea of it sounds cool, but I'm not much of a party animal, so if it's loud and annoying when i wanna go to sleep, I may get annoyed. I've just always been used to staying in really nice hotels when I travel, I'm kind of OCD with bugs and stuff, so I just don't know how well it would go, plus since I've never done it before, the thought of flying across the country with no place to stay, just sleeping outside, kind of worries me a bit. So to answer your question, the idea sounds really cool, being outside late hanging out if the weather is beautiful, but being that I have no experience with this, I may not know the right and fun way to do things.
    I think you just answered your question. cuz...of the list of things you plan to do at the gorge while camping, getting a good nights sleep shouldn't be in the top 10. so if that's in your top 10 important things while traveling in order to enjoy yourself? hotel! nothing wrong with that...and i do recommend trying out camping!! (there's really not too much to worry about in the way of bugs at the gorge...but the weather has been known to be slightly unpredictable, and i've hid during a few crazy rain storms in my tent, and also had to have everyone in our 20+ group hold down a piece of an easy-up to prevent them from blowing away during a wind storm...)

THANK YOU.

GORGE FAQ
    Old 04-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #2595
    liljoey90
    9 planets round the sun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think you just answered your question. cuz...of the list of things you plan to do at the gorge while camping, getting a good nights sleep shouldn't be in the top 10. so if that's in your top 10 important things while traveling in order to enjoy yourself? hotel! nothing wrong with that...and i do recommend trying out camping!! (there's really not too much to worry about in the way of bugs at the gorge...but the weather has been known to be slightly unpredictable, and i've hid during a few crazy rain storms in my tent, and also had to have everyone in our 20+ group hold down a piece of an easy-up to prevent them from blowing away during a wind storm...)

Lol, I'm not to sure If I'd do well with that... I just hope I can find something nice close by.. I refuse to stay in motels and really dingy places... It doesn't have to be a ritz carlton, but alot of the places Im seeing are no good
    Old 04-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #2596
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, nothing really good that is close that is still available. Wife and I did Terrace camping in 2010, no noise at all. And I hear that Premier camping is pretty quite (in some spots)
    Old 04-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #2597
    liljoey90
    9 planets round the sun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    Yeah, nothing really good that is close that is still available
    Does anyone know about renting a house in that vacation town? I called but nobody picked up... Do those typically sell out really quick? I only need something that can accommodate 2-3 people, not some huge house. Not sure if anyone has ever looked into that
    Old 04-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #2598
    Steady37
    Embrace Change

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Lol, I'm not to sure If I'd do well with that... I just hope I can find something nice close by.. I refuse to stay in motels and really dingy places... It doesn't have to be a ritz carlton, but alot of the places Im seeing are no good
    maybe rent an RV? wouldn't be a hotel, but you could still get the campground experience, with walls?

there's really no "big cities" that would have the type of hotel you're looking for out in eastern washington...bellevue would have some, and be closer than seattle, but that's still quite the drive out to the gorge every day...

THANK YOU.

GORGE FAQ
    Old 04-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #2599
    liljoey90
    9 planets round the sun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    maybe rent an RV? wouldn't be a hotel, but you could still get the campground experience, with walls?

there's really no "big cities" that would have the type of hotel you're looking for out in eastern washington...bellevue would have some, and be closer than seattle, but that's still quite the drive out to the gorge every day...

I found a holiday inn about an hour away... That's not terrible. I don't know if I'm really gonna get closer than that. Holiday inn is like the lowest I will go, I dont mind because at least it's a name and is always clean.
    Old 04-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #2600
    Steady37
    Embrace Change

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I found a holiday inn about an hour away... That's not terrible. I don't know if I'm really gonna get closer than that. Holiday inn is like the lowest I will go, I dont mind because at least it's a name and is always clean.
    if they still have space, i say take it.

THANK YOU.

GORGE FAQ
    Old 04-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #2601
    liljoey90
    9 planets round the sun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    if they still have space, i say take it.

I may, I'm not sure yet. It's in Wenatchee which is not in the direction as Seattle... Seattle I believe is the closest main airport to fly into right? If so, I wish I can get something in the middle. I may wanna spend Thursday and Monday night in Seattle just to hang out there. I haven't been there in a few years.
    Old 04-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #2602
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I may, I'm not sure yet.
    Book it now, you can cancel later
    Old 04-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #2603
    Steady37
    Embrace Change

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I may, I'm not sure yet. It's in Wenatchee which is not in the direction as Seattle... Seattle I believe is the closest main airport to fly into right? If so, I wish I can get something in the middle. I may wanna spend Thursday and Monday night in Seattle just to hang out there. I haven't been there in a few years.
    Wenatchee is a pretty cool place. It's technically between Seattle and the Gorge, just not off the main highway the majority of people travel (I90). There are people who stay there for the shows tho, so don't worry about that. You won't be the only one. You'll just have a little bit more driving to do to get there.

You'll want to fly into Seattle (as opposed to Spokane), and staying here for the first and last nights are a good idea.

THANK YOU.

GORGE FAQ
    Old 04-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #2604
    liljoey90
    9 planets round the sun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    Book it now, you can cancel later
    Yea i think I might just to be safe... I just gotta make sure I'm good with work and my friend is 100 percent in on doing the trip.. I came on here today to get as much info as I possibly can so I can explain the trip to him and give him a better idea. Is it usually really hard to find warehouse tickets to the 3 shows? Now that the requesting period is over, and I highly doubt The Gorge gets instant tickets, I just hope it's not gonna be hard finding tickets. I'm OCD to where all my tickets need to be the Warehouse nice ticket stubs, so it's hard for me to even buy online where they can be generic ticket master tickets.
    Old 04-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #2605
    Steady37
    Embrace Change

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yea i think I might just to be safe... I just gotta make sure I'm good with work and my friend is 100 percent in on doing the trip.. I came on here today to get as much info as I possibly can so I can explain the trip to him and give him a better idea. Is it usually really hard to find warehouse tickets to the 3 shows? Now that the requesting period is over, and I highly doubt The Gorge gets instant tickets, I just hope it's not gonna be hard finding tickets. I'm OCD to where all my tickets need to be the Warehouse nice ticket stubs, so it's hard for me to even buy online where they can be generic ticket master tickets.
    warehouse does instants for gorge.

did someone already give you the toupstown.com site? the gorge info there is most excellent. but you'll be able to find WH tickets on here, or on the WH boards also, shouldn't be a problem.

THANK YOU.

GORGE FAQ
    Old 04-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #2606
    liljoey90
    9 planets round the sun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    warehouse does instants for gorge.

did someone already give you the toupstown.com site? the gorge info there is most excellent. but you'll be able to find WH tickets on here, or on the WH boards also, shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah someone gave me that site. I was looking at it before. I'm having a hard time getting Alpine N2 tickets on here, so I figured It would be hard getting Gorge tickets... I didn't think they would do instants, its good to hear though!
    Old 04-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #2607
    shelgirl
    Lift up your heart!

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Hey howdy Hey Gorgeous people!!! Stopping by to give some LoVE! And checking out the for sale/trade forum to see if anyone has any Wildhorse camp passes for sale yet?! Still nadda. Our caravan drive from Cali is growing - up to 4 cars now and we've only got 2 passes... Hit me up if you hear of a pass for sale and I'll send money on the spot!!

Enjoy your evening!!!
    shelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #2608
    drue22

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shelgirl View Post
    Hey howdy Hey Gorgeous people!!! Stopping by to give some LoVE! And checking out the for sale/trade forum to see if anyone has any Wildhorse camp passes for sale yet?! Still nadda. Our caravan drive from Cali is growing - up to 4 cars now and we've only got 2 passes... Hit me up if you hear of a pass for sale and I'll send money on the spot!!

Enjoy your evening!!!
    I'm thinking about squeezing in a little trip to CA and hitting the Shoreline show week after Gorge. I might be looking for a ride down if you all are open to it.

Also Everyone, I am looking for a Shoreline ticket- thanks
    -Shoreline [2012] Hollywood Bowl-
    drue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #2609
    snake911

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

The Holiday Inn in Moses Lake is good, as is the Shilo Inn also in Moses Lake. My wife and I have stayed at both and they are clean and kept well. Holiday Inn is a little nicer and has a bit better food in the morning. Shilo Inn is a regional chain, the Inns are very basic but the Suites Hotels (which the Moses Lake location is) are a bit nicer, better food, a bit larger rooms. Fairly easy drive too. Good Luck!
    snake911 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #2610
    GrooGrux420
    In Austin we trust.

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah someone gave me that site. I was looking at it before. I'm having a hard time getting Alpine N2 tickets on here, so I figured It would be hard getting Gorge tickets... I didn't think they would do instants, its good to hear though!
    Gorge isn't that hard of a ticket to pull because people always back out at the last minute, and the demand to pick up tickets on the whim aren't there unlike Alpine. The toughest ticket for Gorge is definitely N2, the other 2 nights are relatively easy, especially n3 because it's a Sunday.
    GrooGrux420 is offline   Reply With Quote