The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: 25 June 2021) - Page 9 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 03-10-2017, 07:42 AM   #241
dmbongreyst

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

It's difficult for me to choose one over the other but one thing I loved about Asylum that they never went back to was Scarecrow. His parts including Bruce's hallucinations were great.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-10-2017, 07:47 AM   #242
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbongreyst View Post
    It's difficult for me to choose one over the other but one thing I loved about Asylum that they never went back to was Scarecrow. His parts including Bruce's hallucinations were great.
    Agreed. those were really fun. Asylum is definitely up there. They're all really good, and now I feel like going home and playing one of them this evening.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-10-2017, 08:07 AM   #243
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

City was the bestest, then Asylum, then Origins, then having your XBOX One break, then Knight. I hate that fucking game.

The plot is always moving forward.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    So is a glacier.
    BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-10-2017, 09:00 AM   #244
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Lego Batman Movie was enjoyable and entertaining.
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-14-2017, 07:09 PM   #245
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

My Tour Central Stats

Filming begins next year
    http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/03/14/t...ction-in-2018/
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-14-2017, 07:37 PM   #246
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

wow chad, I'm a little surprised you didn't say anything about Affleck's announcement that he had to go back into rehab for alcohol. He's all done and out now, but apparently it had been plaguing him a lot for at least the last year (he last had to do it in 2001)

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2017, 05:31 AM   #247
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Glad Ben got the help he needed, he was definitely looking a little puffy at some points throughout the past few years. He had a hellishly busy schedule in 2015 & 2016, hopefully he'll be re-energized for starting The Batman next year. Sucks it's going to get delayed but I'd rather wait and have them do it right than rush it and fuck it up.
    Old 03-15-2017, 03:29 PM   #248
    fridge112887
    William Perry

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Also this:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...ropped-a149645
    Old 05-17-2017, 07:14 PM   #249
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Kevin Smith should direct it.

https://www.change.org/p/warner-brot...ew-batman-film

I think someone started a petition to make it happen. I don't know who...
    Kevin Smith may be hinting that he wants to direct the Flash, after the said he didn't want to direct Batman.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/05/17/k...lash-director/
    Old 05-17-2017, 07:16 PM   #250
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I'd rather someone with talent direct these movies but ok
    Old 05-18-2017, 01:36 AM   #251
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    I'd rather someone with talent direct these movies but ok
    I'm more worried about the actual script than the director.

BvS is on HBO2 right now, and it's worse than I remember. The whole movie doesn't any make sense.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-18-2017, 03:32 AM   #252
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    I'm more worried about the actual script than the director.

BvS is on HBO2 right now, and it's worse than I remember. The whole movie doesn't any make sense.
    Sorry to hear you're struggling with ADD/ADHD, I can understand not liking the movie but the plot is fairly easy to follow, if not somewhat unconventional.

Maybe not enough forced quips to retain your interest?
    Old 05-18-2017, 03:59 AM   #253
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    Sorry to hear you're struggling with ADD/ADHD, I can understand not liking the movie but the plot is fairly easy to follow, if not somewhat unconventional.

Maybe not enough forced quips to retain your interest?
    Ya some plot...

- Lex magically knows how to take control of the ship, and is just lugging around Zod's body as if he knows he's going to make Doomsday.

- Batman is seemingly terrified of Superman as he's an alien with god-like powers, and this is bad because it's potentially dangerous. However he's pretty cool with Wonder Woman and even has an e-mail relationship with her. He didn't seem to care about the other people with powers at all.

- Batman's motivations seemingly change when he's fighting Superman. He tells Alfred it's all about the 1% chance, etc. Then mid-fight he's crying about his parents and what lessons they both probably learned from their parents. Batman wants to force the world to make sense by killing Superman. In general why is he still crying about his parents? This is suppose to be old Bruce.

- Superman states he can destroy Batman if he wanted to, but he confronts him because he needs his help... why? Batman only needed to go get Martha after the ship started causing problems, but at that point they were besties. Why waste all that time when Martha's life is on the clock? Go save your mom Clark! Or as soon as he saw Batman wouldn't help... fly away.

- Given Lex is aware of everyone, why are they not involved in his plans for this giant spectacle that he's trying to create? Even if that spectacle will destroy the place he lives...

Old 05-18-2017, 05:02 AM   #254
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

Shows Seen: 179

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

I was told I needed to educate when Lex magically controlled an alien ship....to me that was dumber than Martha....I tried to watch again on a plane not too long ago and quickly gave up.

Thank god they are adding forced quips to justice league.
    Old 05-18-2017, 05:22 AM   #255
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UCFish View Post
    I was told I needed to educate when Lex magically controlled an alien ship....to me that was dumber than Martha....I tried to watch again on a plane not too long ago and quickly gave up.

Thank god they are adding forced quips to justice league.
    Even if he magically turned it on, he seemingly knows the ingredients to create Doomsday. The ship wouldn't have told him as it was forbidden to do that, and how did he know this will make a monster that will destroy Superman?

Not to mention this advanced race designed ships capable of traveling the cosmos, but the security really seemed lacking.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:54 AM   #256
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ya some plot...

- Lex magically knows how to take control of the ship, and is just lugging around Zod's body as if he knows he's going to make Doomsday.

- Batman is seemingly terrified of Superman as he's an alien with god-like powers, and this is bad because it's potentially dangerous. However he's pretty cool with Wonder Woman and even has an e-mail relationship with her. He didn't seem to care about the other people with powers at all.

- Batman's motivations seemingly change when he's fighting Superman. He tells Alfred it's all about the 1% chance, etc. Then mid-fight he's crying about his parents and what lessons they both probably learned from their parents. Batman wants to force the world to make sense by killing Superman. In general why is he still crying about his parents? This is suppose to be old Bruce.

- Superman states he can destroy Batman if he wanted to, but he confronts him because he needs his help... why? Batman only needed to go get Martha after the ship started causing problems, but at that point they were besties. Why waste all that time when Martha's life is on the clock? Go save your mom Clark! Or as soon as he saw Batman wouldn't help... fly away.

- Given Lex is aware of everyone, why are they not involved in his plans for this giant spectacle that he's trying to create? Even if that spectacle will destroy the place he lives...
    Jeeze, it's really sad that a grown man with a (presumably) fully-functioning brain needs his hand held so much to understand these things, but since I'm bored at work I'll try to help you out here:

1. - Lex magically knows how to take control of the ship, and is just lugging around Zod's body as if he knows he's going to make Doomsday.

A: It's fairly obvious from the montage where he's talking to the male senator in LexCorp that the cutscenes with the vocal overlay are happening chronologically. So first, he says "access to the alien scoutship". And they show him entering the crashed ship. Clearly, he reaches a point within the ship where he can't go any further, where the clearly hand-shaped security clearance thing is located. Then, he says "the Kryptonian's body for testing", and he's shown slicing the fingerprints off Zod's hand. So we've put those two together. He doesn't bring Zod's body into the ship until he learns that Doomsday is a thing. He probably had a conversation with the ship's AI off-camera asking how to destroy Superman. That's my best guess, anyways.

2.- - Batman is seemingly terrified of Superman as he's an alien with god-like powers, and this is bad because it's potentially dangerous. However he's pretty cool with Wonder Woman and even has an e-mail relationship with her. He didn't seem to care about the other people with powers at all.

This is just flat-out inaccurate based solely on the timeline of the events as they unfold before us. First, Wonder Woman is not an alien. She's an Amazonian. We'll learn more about her backstory in a few short weeks. Second, he doesn't have an "e-mail relationship" with her. He sends her an attachment with the old picture and asks "Who are you?"- indicating that he truly does not know anything about her. He also doesn't know she has superpowers other than living much longer than someone should; this doesn't automatically assume superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, etc. He only knows that's she's super old when he discovers that photo. Hence why he is asking her questions in the e-mail.

Tangentially, I hate that people do not understand the "Is she with you?" exchange when Wonder Woman first shows up. Superman asks that because WW comes to Batman's defense, indicating to him that they knew each other, although we as viewers know that is only partially the case and that Bruce doesn't know about WW's superpowers. Second, Bruce's response "I thought she was with you" is meant to suggest that, based on what he knows about her at that point (first that she is old, and then he literally just finds out that she has superpowers), his best guess is that she's also Kryptonian, hence the confusion and his wondering if she knew Superman all along. Lots of dumb people tripped up by that exchange.

3. - Batman's motivations seemingly change when he's fighting Superman. He tells Alfred it's all about the 1% chance, etc. Then mid-fight he's crying about his parents and what lessons they both probably learned from their parents. Batman wants to force the world to make sense by killing Superman. In general why is he still crying about his parents? This is suppose to be old Bruce.

This question means you just flat-out do not understand the character of Bruce Wayne at all as a general matter or the iteration of the character we were shown the first 2 hours prior to the fight scene. At the core of Bruce Wayne and his drive to become Batman is the immense sadness and overwhelming sense of inferiority and loss due to the death of his parents. Everything comes back to that one moment we're shown at the beginning of the film and then flashed-back to during the Martha moment. It also seems fairly disingenuous to critique someone for being upset at the death of their parents, no matter their age. My grandfather used to cry every now and again when we talked about his mother, and she died when he was eight. Seems like you're just sort of an asshole for not understanding people's pain? Batman is a tough SOB but he's still a "human being".

4.- Superman states he can destroy Batman if he wanted to, but he confronts him because he needs his help... why? Batman only needed to go get Martha after the ship started causing problems, but at that point they were besties. Why waste all that time when Martha's life is on the clock? Go save your mom Clark! Or as soon as he saw Batman wouldn't help... fly away.

Again, this is just something that is easily noticeable in the movie itself and doesn't need any explanation. Lex explicitly lays out the "rules" for his predicament. "You try to save her, she dies." "Bring me the head of the Bat or Martha dies." Superman even says that he's going to Gotham to try to convince Bruce to help him, because's Superman and is always trying to do the right thing. He didn't want to kill Bruce. He only engaged with him because he realized that simply talking wasn't going to work. There's a little look that he gives Bruce before he flies him to the top of the building that's sort of like, "Are you fucking serious, bro? I'm not trying to get into this right now." But noticing something like that would require you to pay attention which you clearly struggle with. Sad!

5.- Given Lex is aware of everyone, why are they not involved in his plans for this giant spectacle that he's trying to create? Even if that spectacle will destroy the place he lives...

I don't understand this question/critique. Who's everyone? The other metahumans?
    Old 05-19-2017, 07:59 AM   #257
    MOWJO8185

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Even if he magically turned it on, he seemingly knows the ingredients to create Doomsday. The ship wouldn't have told him as it was forbidden to do that, and how did he know this will make a monster that will destroy Superman?

Not to mention this advanced race designed ships capable of traveling the cosmos, but the security really seemed lacking.
    You must have missed that line where the ship says, you don't have access to do that, and then Lex is like, but Zod is dead, and then the ship is like, true, do whatever you want!
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-27-2017, 12:44 PM   #258
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...usader-a152059
    THE BATMAN Will Focus On The Noir, Detective Side Of Ben Affleck's Caped Crusader
    Old 06-27-2017, 01:03 PM   #259
    sheldonlevene
    Mr. 1k

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...usader-a152059
    THE BATMAN Will Focus On The Noir, Detective Side Of Ben Affleck's Caped Crusader
    This the deal where he references Hitchcock?
    sheldonlevene is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #260
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    Jeeze, it's really sad that a grown man with a (presumably) fully-functioning brain needs his hand held so much to understand these things, but since I'm bored at work I'll try to help you out here:

1. - Lex magically knows how to take control of the ship, and is just lugging around Zod's body as if he knows he's going to make Doomsday.

A: It's fairly obvious from the montage where he's talking to the male senator in LexCorp that the cutscenes with the vocal overlay are happening chronologically. So first, he says "access to the alien scoutship". And they show him entering the crashed ship. Clearly, he reaches a point within the ship where he can't go any further, where the clearly hand-shaped security clearance thing is located. Then, he says "the Kryptonian's body for testing", and he's shown slicing the fingerprints off Zod's hand. So we've put those two together. He doesn't bring Zod's body into the ship until he learns that Doomsday is a thing. He probably had a conversation with the ship's AI off-camera asking how to destroy Superman. That's my best guess, anyways.

2.- - Batman is seemingly terrified of Superman as he's an alien with god-like powers, and this is bad because it's potentially dangerous. However he's pretty cool with Wonder Woman and even has an e-mail relationship with her. He didn't seem to care about the other people with powers at all.

This is just flat-out inaccurate based solely on the timeline of the events as they unfold before us. First, Wonder Woman is not an alien. She's an Amazonian. We'll learn more about her backstory in a few short weeks. Second, he doesn't have an "e-mail relationship" with her. He sends her an attachment with the old picture and asks "Who are you?"- indicating that he truly does not know anything about her. He also doesn't know she has superpowers other than living much longer than someone should; this doesn't automatically assume superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, etc. He only knows that's she's super old when he discovers that photo. Hence why he is asking her questions in the e-mail.

Tangentially, I hate that people do not understand the "Is she with you?" exchange when Wonder Woman first shows up. Superman asks that because WW comes to Batman's defense, indicating to him that they knew each other, although we as viewers know that is only partially the case and that Bruce doesn't know about WW's superpowers. Second, Bruce's response "I thought she was with you" is meant to suggest that, based on what he knows about her at that point (first that she is old, and then he literally just finds out that she has superpowers), his best guess is that she's also Kryptonian, hence the confusion and his wondering if she knew Superman all along. Lots of dumb people tripped up by that exchange.

3. - Batman's motivations seemingly change when he's fighting Superman. He tells Alfred it's all about the 1% chance, etc. Then mid-fight he's crying about his parents and what lessons they both probably learned from their parents. Batman wants to force the world to make sense by killing Superman. In general why is he still crying about his parents? This is suppose to be old Bruce.

This question means you just flat-out do not understand the character of Bruce Wayne at all as a general matter or the iteration of the character we were shown the first 2 hours prior to the fight scene. At the core of Bruce Wayne and his drive to become Batman is the immense sadness and overwhelming sense of inferiority and loss due to the death of his parents. Everything comes back to that one moment we're shown at the beginning of the film and then flashed-back to during the Martha moment. It also seems fairly disingenuous to critique someone for being upset at the death of their parents, no matter their age. My grandfather used to cry every now and again when we talked about his mother, and she died when he was eight. Seems like you're just sort of an asshole for not understanding people's pain? Batman is a tough SOB but he's still a "human being".

4.- Superman states he can destroy Batman if he wanted to, but he confronts him because he needs his help... why? Batman only needed to go get Martha after the ship started causing problems, but at that point they were besties. Why waste all that time when Martha's life is on the clock? Go save your mom Clark! Or as soon as he saw Batman wouldn't help... fly away.

Again, this is just something that is easily noticeable in the movie itself and doesn't need any explanation. Lex explicitly lays out the "rules" for his predicament. "You try to save her, she dies." "Bring me the head of the Bat or Martha dies." Superman even says that he's going to Gotham to try to convince Bruce to help him, because's Superman and is always trying to do the right thing. He didn't want to kill Bruce. He only engaged with him because he realized that simply talking wasn't going to work. There's a little look that he gives Bruce before he flies him to the top of the building that's sort of like, "Are you fucking serious, bro? I'm not trying to get into this right now." But noticing something like that would require you to pay attention which you clearly struggle with. Sad!

5.- Given Lex is aware of everyone, why are they not involved in his plans for this giant spectacle that he's trying to create? Even if that spectacle will destroy the place he lives...

I don't understand this question/critique. Who's everyone? The other metahumans?
    "Seems like you're just sort of an asshole for not understanding people's pain?" is now my all-time favorite defense of this movie.

I wish I had seen this response before today. I'm not going to do a point by point response, but as for your #2 reply you state the case her being an Amazon and not an alien as making a difference only to later state Batman would assume she's from Krypton. #5 yes the other metas.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:30 PM   #261
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    "Seems like you're just sort of an asshole for not understanding people's pain?" is now my all-time favorite defense of this movie.

I wish I had seen this response before today. I'm not going to do a point by point response, but as for your #2 reply you state the case her being an Amazon and not an alien as making a difference only to later state Batman would assume she's from Krypton. #5 yes the other metas.
    Yes, but Bruce doesn't know that. We do as the audience. I think you're confusing your own knowledge with what the characters know on screen at any given point in the story.

As for the other metas, the movie makes abundantly clear that they haven't made themselves visible. In fact the plot of Justice League will involve Bruce coaxing them out of the shadows to realize their true heroism. So at that point in BvS when Bruce discovers the other metas, he's already been plotting his takedown of Superman for a long time. He also probably knows from the footage that none of the other metas are as powerful as Superman. Again, this isn't complicated.

Also noteworthy is your lack of response and pointing out one sentence in a paragraphs-long answer to your questions. If you can't understand how the death of one's parents at an early age could still affect them into their 40's, then I honestly don't know what to tell you. You just fundamentally have misunderstood or misconstrued the character of Bruce Wayne if that's what you're getting caught up on.
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:47 PM   #262
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Starting from scratch with a new script. That's always a good sign

http://www.superherohype.com/news/40...movie#/slide/1
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:53 PM   #263
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

All these movies are dog shit. Can't believe they're in the same timeline as the avengers and guardians.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2017, 11:10 AM   #264
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...future-1023296
    "The studio is working on plans to usher out Affleck’s Batman gracefully, a source says, addressing the change in some shape or form in one of the upcoming DC films."
    Old 07-21-2017, 01:02 PM   #265
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

<dumpster fire meme>
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2017, 02:48 PM   #266
    TwoStep2888

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...future-1023296
    "The studio is working on plans to usher out Affleck’s Batman gracefully, a source says, addressing the change in some shape or form in one of the upcoming DC films."
    I liked Snyder/Affleck Batman a lot, it's a shame WB/DC are bad at managing a franchise
    Old 12-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #267
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/07/t...he-flash-dceu/

"A recent report by Variety claims that, while Affleck is expected to appear in the upcoming The Flash film, he will exit the DCEU and a new actor would accept the cowl for the Matt Reeves-directed The Batman."

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/07/b...en-affleck-dc/

"Will Ben Affleck continue to play the Caped Crusader for DC films? Not if Jon Hamm has anything to say about it. According to Radar Online, a source close to the production of Matt Reeves' solo Batman film, Hamm is trying whatever he can to takeover Affleck's role."

Last edited by chadizzy1; 12-07-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    Old 12-07-2017, 05:27 PM   #268
    TwoStep2888

My Tour Central Stats

Jon Hamm is cool
    Old 12-07-2017, 06:20 PM   #269
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Jon Hamm would be a fantastic choice. His Mad Men role is similar in a weird way.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #270
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

It's weird because Kevin Smith has been talking about John Hamm being Batman for YEARS.