The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA) - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > alternativefactsC


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2016, 08:44 AM   #1
chadizzy1
Plane Recovery Expert
 
chadizzy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Arkansas
Posts: 32,400

Shows Seen: 39

The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

Without a title or a release date it's hard to title this thread. But I figured this one was good enough.

What we know:

Solo Film Confirmed
http://www.newsarama.com/28745-batma...vin-smith.html
Script Written By: Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns
Directed By: Ben Affleck

Release Date
"As for the release date, last week Warner Bros announced two new DC movies scheduled for October 5, 2018 and November 1, 2019, respectively. Odds are the Batman movie will go in one of these spots, giving moviegoers an extra helping of him in the midst of all his other appearances."

Ben Affleck's The Batman Movie Rumored To Include Lots Of Villains
http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/05/01/b...ts-of-villain/
"Many, if not most, members of Batman's rogue's gallery will be making appearances in the film," writes Devin Faraci, who is becoming one of the most frequent sources of DC Extended Universe rumors. "It's going to be crammed with Bat villains, which means that just about every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie will be in this movie."

Creative Control: "FANS REJOICE AS BEN AFFLECK HAS ‘COMPLETE CREATIVE CONTROL’ ON SOLO ‘BATMAN’ FILM, NOT ZACK SNYDER"
http://www.inquisitr.com/3047139/fan...t-zack-snyder/
"According to Heroic Hollywood, it is now rumored that both Affleck and DC Extended Universe COO Geoff Johns are going to have “complete creative control” on the solo Batman film. That would mean any major decisions on the casting, direction, and storyline would go through either one of them before happening on-screen."
__________________
Twitter l YouTube
2017: Alabama, Nashville X2

Current 2017 Rumors Post (Updated 27 January 2017)
chadizzy1 is online now   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-02-2016, 08:47 AM   #2
    BAHHHTIWaC
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Posts: 1,950

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    "Many, if not most, members of Batman's rogue's gallery will be making appearances in the film," writes Devin Faraci, who is becoming one of the most frequent sources of DC Extended Universe rumors. "It's going to be crammed with Bat villains, which means that just about every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie will be in this movie."
    Hard to see how this won't be a bad idea.
    BAHHHTIWaC is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 09:00 AM   #3
    chadizzy1
    Plane Recovery Expert
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 32,400

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BAHHHTIWaC View Post
    Hard to see how this won't be a bad idea.
    I know, that does sound like it could be a bad idea. Unless they do an Arkham story - that's really the only way it could work.
    __________________
    Twitter l YouTube
    2017: Alabama, Nashville X2

    Current 2017 Rumors Post (Updated 27 January 2017)
    chadizzy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #4
    M. Steng
    Do you bleed? You will.
     
    M. Steng's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: CT
    Posts: 6,880

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    I also read an article (maybe that same one) that says most of the villain appearances will be cameos or just like passing them in Arkham cells, or something like that.

    Wouldn't mind seeing a movie with a bunch of villains, though. It'd be cool to see them all working together. Sort of like the trailer vid for the Arkham Knight video game.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Useliteski View Post
    you consistently come off one of the worst posters on ants.

    just wanted to let you know.
    M. Steng is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 10:34 AM   #5
    Jake
    antsmarching.org Staff
    Setlist Archiver
     
    Jake's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Sunny F-L-A
    Posts: 56,266

    Shows Seen: 58

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Already feels bloated and sounds forced.


    Such a shame DC just doesn't get it
    __________________
    Jake AT antsmarching.org
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 10:37 AM   #6
    M. Steng
    Do you bleed? You will.
     
    M. Steng's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: CT
    Posts: 6,880

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Already feels bloated and sounds forced.


    Such a shame DC just doesn't get it
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Useliteski View Post
    you consistently come off one of the worst posters on ants.

    just wanted to let you know.
    M. Steng is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 10:39 AM   #7
    blumathu
     
    blumathu's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2002
    Posts: 874

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Long Halloween?
    blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #8
    M. Steng
    Do you bleed? You will.
     
    M. Steng's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: CT
    Posts: 6,880

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
    Long Halloween?
    One of my favorite Batman stories, but I'm not sure how well it'd translate to the big screen. A similar theme in the movie would be great, though. Very focused on his detective skills, a slow burn mystery type story would be a great change of pace and would appeal to a wide audience. I'd love it.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Useliteski View Post
    you consistently come off one of the worst posters on ants.

    just wanted to let you know.
    M. Steng is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #9
    BeyondKnight
     
    BeyondKnight's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 458

    Shows Seen: 21

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    How cool would a live action adaptation of Hush be?
    __________________
    2016: Bonner Springs - Starlake
    BeyondKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 10:42 AM   #10
    sheldonlevene
    Mr. 1k
     
    sheldonlevene's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Posts: 17,842

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    I also read an article (maybe that same one) that says most of the villain appearances will be cameos or just like passing them in Arkham cells, or something like that.

    Wouldn't mind seeing a movie with a bunch of villains, though. It'd be cool to see them all working together. Sort of like the trailer vid for the Arkham Knight video game.
    The "villain team up" fails in movies because films seek to give everyone equal development, screen time etc.

    It works so well in games a) because you have as much time as you need to explore the secondary and tertiary characters and b) because developers (Rocksteady specifically) realize you don't need to flesh out Firefly as much as the Joker.

    This could be really great in the Batfleck solo movie. Have one guy lead a group of villains and pay fan service by packing a few in. Ones that require more setup and characterization, refer to them as being offscreen, locked up in Arkham etc.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by simplelife08 View Post
    our sexual interactions are incredibly clean-almost in a clinical sense. No emotion, minimal ejaculate, always just me
    sheldonlevene is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 11:05 AM   #11
    Lee3691
     
    Lee3691's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2002
    Location: Californian in Texas
    Posts: 28,459

    Shows Seen: 114

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Hope I "get / understand" this one
    Lee3691 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 11:30 AM   #12
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5
     
    KevinTH's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2002
    Posts: 6,555

    Shows Seen: 30

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
    Long Halloween?
    First thing I thought of. If they pulled from that I would be incredibly excited. That is my favorite Batman story.

    Before people start thinking it's "bloated", how about waiting until there's more information other than a rumor? There's such little information about this movie and people are already going to start down a negative path?
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 11:37 AM   #13
    MOWJO8185
     
    MOWJO8185's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 6,136

    Shows Seen: 9

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    First thing I thought of. If they pulled from that I would be incredibly excited. That is my favorite Batman story.

    Before people start thinking it's "bloated", how about waiting until there's more information other than a rumor? There's such little information about this movie and people are already going to start down a negative path?
    I mean, since DC has headed down this multi-film universe path, it has one film to its name, and to a lot of people that movie felt bloated. If the first nugget of information about this upcoming movie seems to indicate a similar trend (and not to say that a bunch of villains on screen together can't work well in a film, just to say that historically it hasn't), then wouldn't that be grounds for concern, at least to the people who didn't like BvS?
    MOWJO8185 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 01:03 PM   #14
    javierm27
     
    javierm27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: North Hollywood, Ca.
    Posts: 11,227

    Shows Seen: 14
    Send a message via AIM to javierm27

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Can't wait for this one, so much to look forward to before it comes out, but I am really excited about seeing this Batman get his full movie.
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 01:10 PM   #15
    chadizzy1
    Plane Recovery Expert
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 32,400

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    All I can say is I'm excited about it. Affleck is a fantastic Batman and it'll be great to see him grow that character and watch it breathe in a full film.

    Sure, numerous villains will suck if true, but it's just a rumor. May not happen at all.
    __________________
    Twitter l YouTube
    2017: Alabama, Nashville X2

    Current 2017 Rumors Post (Updated 27 January 2017)
    chadizzy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 01:27 PM   #16
    javierm27
     
    javierm27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: North Hollywood, Ca.
    Posts: 11,227

    Shows Seen: 14
    Send a message via AIM to javierm27

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Without a title or a release date it's hard to title this thread. But I figured this one was good enough.

    What we know:

    Solo Film Confirmed
    http://www.newsarama.com/28745-batma...vin-smith.html
    Script Written By: Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns
    Directed By: Ben Affleck

    Release Date
    "As for the release date, last week Warner Bros announced two new DC movies scheduled for October 5, 2018 and November 1, 2019, respectively. Odds are the Batman movie will go in one of these spots, giving moviegoers an extra helping of him in the midst of all his other appearances."

    Ben Affleck's The Batman Movie Rumored To Include Lots Of Villains
    http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/05/01/b...ts-of-villain/
    "Many, if not most, members of Batman's rogue's gallery will be making appearances in the film," writes Devin Faraci, who is becoming one of the most frequent sources of DC Extended Universe rumors. "It's going to be crammed with Bat villains, which means that just about every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie will be in this movie."

    Creative Control: "FANS REJOICE AS BEN AFFLECK HAS ‘COMPLETE CREATIVE CONTROL’ ON SOLO ‘BATMAN’ FILM, NOT ZACK SNYDER"
    http://www.inquisitr.com/3047139/fan...t-zack-snyder/
    "According to Heroic Hollywood, it is now rumored that both Affleck and DC Extended Universe COO Geoff Johns are going to have “complete creative control” on the solo Batman film. That would mean any major decisions on the casting, direction, and storyline would go through either one of them before happening on-screen."
    That lots of villain rumors is coming from a Marvel dick rider. The same one that said the reshoots for Suicide Squad were to add more humor and that all the jokes were in the trailer. I would not believe that rumor at all. Long Halloween would be possible, but I don't see it happening. I think the rumor I would believe would be the Red Hood.
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 01:28 PM   #17
    javierm27
     
    javierm27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: North Hollywood, Ca.
    Posts: 11,227

    Shows Seen: 14
    Send a message via AIM to javierm27

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    Hope I "get / understand" this one
    Nah, you're not sophisticated enough or something. Sorry Lee, at least we agree on Lakers and In N Out.
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 01:29 PM   #18
    javierm27
     
    javierm27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: North Hollywood, Ca.
    Posts: 11,227

    Shows Seen: 14
    Send a message via AIM to javierm27

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    No doubt this movie will be ahead of it's time though.
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 01:29 PM   #19
    sheldonlevene
    Mr. 1k
     
    sheldonlevene's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Posts: 17,842

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Red Hood has been done so many different ways lately. It's a good story, but between the DC animated feature, the games, and the actual books...I'm a little burned out on it.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by simplelife08 View Post
    our sexual interactions are incredibly clean-almost in a clinical sense. No emotion, minimal ejaculate, always just me
    sheldonlevene is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 01:29 PM   #20
    javierm27
     
    javierm27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: North Hollywood, Ca.
    Posts: 11,227

    Shows Seen: 14
    Send a message via AIM to javierm27

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    All I can say is I'm excited about it. Affleck is a fantastic Batman and it'll be great to see him grow that character and watch it breathe in a full film.

    Sure, numerous villains will suck if true, but it's just a rumor. May not happen at all.
    I want more from that Batman, can't wait to see how involved he is in Suicide Squad.
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 01:31 PM   #21
    javierm27
     
    javierm27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: North Hollywood, Ca.
    Posts: 11,227

    Shows Seen: 14
    Send a message via AIM to javierm27

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheldonlevene View Post
    Red Hood has been done so many different ways lately. It's a good story, but between the DC animated feature, the games, and the actual books...I'm a little burned out on it.
    It still would be cool to see on the big screen. Really curious about Scott Eastwood's character in the Suicide Squad.
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 01:34 PM   #22
    javierm27
     
    javierm27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: North Hollywood, Ca.
    Posts: 11,227

    Shows Seen: 14
    Send a message via AIM to javierm27

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    This would be cool to see if it's true about Eastwood's character.

    http://moviepilot.com/posts/3864090
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 01:59 PM   #23
    kydmb99
    Jorts
     
    kydmb99's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2005
    Location: Big Blue Nation
    Posts: 23,832

    Shows Seen: 10
    Send a message via AIM to kydmb99

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    If Snyder isn't allowed to touch this I'll give it a chance
    kydmb99 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 02:01 PM   #24
    justink
     
    justink's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Panther41's Head
    Posts: 33,118

    Shows Seen: 49

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Already feels bloated and sounds forced.


    Such a shame DC just doesn't get it
    Already sounds like that other bat circus. The clooney one.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 03:32 PM   #25
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La
     
    Tomriddle's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: New Orleans
    Posts: 41,655

    Shows Seen: 0
    Send a message via AIM to Tomriddle

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Geoff Johns is the man, this should be awesome if they let him handle everything. Affleck is solid also.
    Tomriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 03:44 PM   #26
    TwoStep2888
     
    TwoStep2888's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: WI
    Posts: 53,131

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Affleck Batman was great in BvS, so I'll def see this.
    __________________
    twitter | Prompter Crew 2004-life
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    TwoStepnumbers is the best. he brings all his equipment on the bus. You can't fuck with that guy.
    seatbelts.
    TwoStep2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 03:45 PM   #27
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5
     
    KevinTH's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2002
    Posts: 6,555

    Shows Seen: 30

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 View Post
    I mean, since DC has headed down this multi-film universe path, it has one film to its name, and to a lot of people that movie felt bloated. If the first nugget of information about this upcoming movie seems to indicate a similar trend (and not to say that a bunch of villains on screen together can't work well in a film, just to say that historically it hasn't), then wouldn't that be grounds for concern, at least to the people who didn't like BvS?
    But it's a rumor, and there's absolutely no context to the claim. Like someone said, it could be as simple as walking through Arkham and seeing some of the villains in their cells. So I don't see the point in thinking this movie will be overloaded, when all we actually know is that Affleck and Johns are involved.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 05:03 PM   #28
    javierm27
     
    javierm27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: North Hollywood, Ca.
    Posts: 11,227

    Shows Seen: 14
    Send a message via AIM to javierm27

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    I need more of this!!

    http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...r237gn5cb4.gif
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 05:08 PM   #29
    TwoStep2888
     
    TwoStep2888's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: WI
    Posts: 53,131

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by javierm27 View Post
    that's some good batman
    __________________
    twitter | Prompter Crew 2004-life
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    TwoStepnumbers is the best. he brings all his equipment on the bus. You can't fuck with that guy.
    seatbelts.
    TwoStep2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2016, 05:09 PM   #30
    Jake
    antsmarching.org Staff
    Setlist Archiver
     
    Jake's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Sunny F-L-A
    Posts: 56,266

    Shows Seen: 58

    Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by javierm27 View Post
    try Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Origins, or Arkham Knight
    __________________
    Jake AT antsmarching.org
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Matt's Twitter
    Jake's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter