Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc) - Page 36 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > alternativefactsC


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2017, 08:04 PM   #1051
BTBaboon
 
BTBaboon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,988

Shows Seen: 21

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
I don't necessarily claim that Iron Man 3 is a great or even very good film, but holy crap I just about can't imagine a rational argument suggesting it's worse than Iron Man 2. I mean almost everyone at Marvel who was involved even acknowledges long ago now that IM2 was quite flawed, for multiple reasons. It was too haphazardly slapped together.

I'm not sure if I was a comics reader that I would've been upset with the Mandarin twist or not, although it seems clear to me they simply couldn't have done a straightforward adaptation of the original character, it was such a stereotype. It was definitely gutsy, I can say that. And it is interesting with the "All Hail The King" short in the mix that there is officially a REAL Mandarin person still out there in the MCU.
Yeah, in no way was IM3 worse. As far as comic fans being upset, I'm more upset that Mickey Rooney played the Crimson Dynamo as Whiplash. The mixing of two villains was so dumb
BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-12-2017, 08:17 PM   #1052
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake
     
    junior94's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Location: City Of Angels/City Of Brotherly Love
    Posts: 30,609

    Shows Seen: 2
    Send a message via AIM to junior94 Send a message via Yahoo to junior94

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Yeah, in no way was IM3 worse. As far as comic fans being upset, I'm more upset that Mickey Rooney played the Crimson Dynamo as Whiplash. The mixing of two villains was so dumb

    holy shit did that confuse me for a minute

    But I didn't learn til quite a bit later that Mickey Rourke apparently just up and decided a lot of that weird shit about how his character would be at the last minute, the powers that be weren't exactly pleased but I guess felt their hands were sorta tied.
    __________________
    Kevin

    "Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-13-2017, 12:24 AM   #1053
    BTBaboon
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 4,988

    Shows Seen: 21

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    holy shit did that confuse me for a minute

    But I didn't learn til quite a bit later that Mickey Rourke apparently just up and decided a lot of that weird shit about how his character would be at the last minute, the powers that be weren't exactly pleased but I guess felt their hands were sorta tied.
    Haha that's my bad! Typed that as previews were about to start at Guardians and wasn't thinking straight :LOL
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-19-2017, 02:27 PM   #1054
    clayj41
     
    clayj41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Posts: 60,150

    Shows Seen: 34

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Tom Hardy will play Venom in the Ruben Fleischer directed Sony film:

    http://deadline.com/2017/05/venom-mo...lm-1202098343/
    __________________
    a rush | a glance | a touch | a dance
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-19-2017, 02:33 PM   #1055
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 19,170

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post
    Tom Hardy will play Venom in the Ruben Fleischer directed Sony film:

    http://deadline.com/2017/05/venom-mo...lm-1202098343/
    Cant wait for this one.
    __________________
    Take me home, country roads...
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-19-2017, 02:49 PM   #1056
    MOWJO8185
     
    MOWJO8185's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 6,215

    Shows Seen: 9

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    I'm still really confused as to the logistics between Marvel and Sony, and if this movie is going to be completely independent of Spider-Man, and I think if it is then it's a pretty terrible idea in general, but Hardy's involvement is a positive sign for me.
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-19-2017, 02:58 PM   #1057
    M. Steng
    Do you bleed? You will.
     
    M. Steng's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: CT
    Posts: 7,199

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    I was wondering the same thing...how can you have a Spiderman villain/anti-hero without Spiderman?

    I like Venom, a lot. Just really curious/concerned how they would ever pull this off.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Useliteski View Post
    you consistently come off one of the worst posters on ants.

    just wanted to let you know.
    M. Steng is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-19-2017, 03:30 PM   #1058
    chadizzy1
    Plane Recovery Expert
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 32,567

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post
    Tom Hardy will play Venom in the Ruben Fleischer directed Sony film:

    http://deadline.com/2017/05/venom-mo...lm-1202098343/
    I like that they specified Eddie Brock, I was wondering which host they would use.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    I was wondering the same thing...how can you have a Spiderman villain/anti-hero without Spiderman?

    I like Venom, a lot. Just really curious/concerned how they would ever pull this off.
    There’s a lot they could do, there are many Venom books that don’t involve Spidey.

    - Venom Nights of Vengeance is a neat story, he’s a heroic type figure in that story, fighting a group of aliens.
    - Venom Lethal Protector had Brock in San Francisco as a sort of anti-hero.
    - Funeral Pyre also had him as an anti-hero. It also featured Punisher, which would be a neat crossover from the TV universe, but I don't think they could pull it off.
    - Since X-Men is a Fox property, they could do one of my favorites, Venom: Madness, which had Juggernaut kidnapping Venom’s girlfriend. It’s a neat story because he’s trying to save her while dealing with the symbiote.
    - I wish they would do Tooth & Claw, that had Venom teaming up with Wolverine - but with Jackman out I don’t know how that would go.
    - Venom/Deadpool was another one that was fantastic. I know they won’t do it, but it was about the symbiote being connected to Deadpool instead of Eddie Brock.

    I think it’s most likely they pull from Dark Origin - it’s basically his origin story, and how he becomes Venom. It’s been a while since I’ve read that, I think there was some Spider-Man element to it but not much. I don’t think there was enough that they would need to cast a Peter Parker.

    Last edited by chadizzy1; 05-19-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-19-2017, 03:33 PM   #1059
    MOWJO8185
     
    MOWJO8185's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 6,215

    Shows Seen: 9

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    I like that they specified Eddie Brock, I was wondering which host they would use.



    Thereís a lot they could do, there are many Venom books that donít involve Spidey.

    - Venom Nights of Vengeance is a neat story, heís a heroic type figure in that story, fighting a group of aliens.
    - Venom Lethal Protector had Brock in San Francisco as a sort of anti-hero.
    - Funeral Pyre also had him as an anti-hero. It also featured Punisher, which would be a neat crossover from the TV universe, but I don't think they could pull it off.
    - Since X-Men is a Fox property, they could do one of my favorites, Venom: Madness, which had Juggernaut kidnapping Venomís girlfriend. Itís a neat story because heís trying to save her while dealing with the symbiote.
    - I wish they would do Tooth & Claw, that had Venom teaming up with Wolverine - but with Jackman out I donít know how that would go.
    - Venom/Deadpool was another one that was fantastic. I know they wonít do it, but it was about the symbiote being connected to Deadpool instead of Eddie Brock.

    I think itís most likely they pull from Dark Origin - itís basically his origin story, and how he becomes Venom. Itís been a while since Iíve read that, I think there was some Spider-Man element to it but not much. I donít think there was enough that they would need to cast a Peter Parker.
    I'm sure there are countless Venom stories that don't involve Spider-Man, but his origin is fundamentally tied to Spider-Man. They can alter it however they want, but when you change it so much, it feels like, "oh let's capitalize off this brand name but then basically tell a whole different story".
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-19-2017, 03:37 PM   #1060
    chadizzy1
    Plane Recovery Expert
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 32,567

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 View Post
    I'm sure there are countless Venom stories that don't involve Spider-Man, but his origin is fundamentally tied to Spider-Man. They can alter it however they want, but when you change it so much, it feels like, "oh let's capitalize off this brand name but then basically tell a whole different story".
    Well, to be fair, Venom was very popular. It's not like DC making a movie about Egghead or another minor villain (to name another property on the other side). Venom is one of the more popular characters. And his origin story doesn't even need to be told. I'm sure 90% of comic geeks know about the symbiote. They could even tell it in flashbacks with some flashes of Spider-Man in a dream sequence if they want to include Spidey.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-19-2017, 04:06 PM   #1061
    TwoStep2888
     
    TwoStep2888's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: WI
    Posts: 53,392

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    I don't really care about Venom but I like Tom Hardy, I'll wait and see how it looks
    __________________
    twitter | Prompter Crew 2004-life
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    TwoStepnumbers is the best. he brings all his equipment on the bus. You can't fuck with that guy.
    seatbelts.
    TwoStep2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #1062
    bradshaw06
     
    bradshaw06's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Posts: 19,950

    Shows Seen: 19
    Send a message via AIM to bradshaw06

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    They should do agent venom.
    __________________
    -Brad
    bradshaw06 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-19-2017, 06:15 PM   #1063
    chadizzy1
    Plane Recovery Expert
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 32,567

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bradshaw06 View Post
    They should do agent venom.
    They'd have to rewrite it a bit. Agent Venom was Flash Thompson, not Eddie Brock. And they already said they cast Eddie Brock. But I liked what they did with him in Ultimate Spider-Man.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-19-2017, 06:18 PM   #1064
    DMBZeppelin
    World Series Champions!
     
    DMBZeppelin's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Griffith, IN
    Posts: 36,197

    Shows Seen: 75
    Send a message via AIM to DMBZeppelin

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    I think itís most likely they pull from Dark Origin - itís basically his origin story, and how he becomes Venom. Itís been a while since Iíve read that, I think there was some Spider-Man element to it but not much. I donít think there was enough that they would need to cast a Peter Parker.
    They can't use a new Peter. Anytime Sony introduces a new Spider-Man they have to do his origin story per the contract. Only option would be to use Garfield and say this exist in the Amazing universe.

    The whole thing blows as this is such a waste of Venom. If the movie tanks it will still likely mean they won't touch Venom in the MCU for many years.
    __________________

    Summer 2016: Alpine [7/1] & [7/2]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-20-2017, 08:49 AM   #1065
    M. Steng
    Do you bleed? You will.
     
    M. Steng's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: CT
    Posts: 7,199

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    They can't use a new Peter. Anytime Sony introduces a new Spider-Man they have to do his origin story per the contract. Only option would be to use Garfield and say this exist in the Amazing universe.

    The whole thing blows as this is such a waste of Venom. If the movie tanks it will still likely mean they won't touch Venom in the MCU for many years.
    They would never touch Venom in the Marvel Cupcake Universe to begin with. Too harsh a character for the tone they've set.

    I'm thinking Sony will try to capitalize on the R-rated superhero movie and make this the gory, violent, scary movie Venom deserves. Maybe throw in Carnage as the villain and put Venom as the conflicted antihero struggling to bond with the symbiot. That'd be a movie I would go see.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Useliteski View Post
    you consistently come off one of the worst posters on ants.

    just wanted to let you know.
    M. Steng is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-20-2017, 09:54 AM   #1066
    JRS1386
    Awful Raffl!
     
    JRS1386's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: Outside of Richmond in the Middle of Nowhere
    Posts: 18,714

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Marvel cupcake universe . D.C. murderverse fan so bitter
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur View Post
    Your woe is me Caps routine is getting real old. Just enjoy the fact that they are the best team in the NHL.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by barbogast View Post
    No one cares about anything you have to say
    JRS1386 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-20-2017, 11:16 AM   #1067
    DMBZeppelin
    World Series Champions!
     
    DMBZeppelin's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Griffith, IN
    Posts: 36,197

    Shows Seen: 75
    Send a message via AIM to DMBZeppelin

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    They would never touch Venom in the Marvel Cupcake Universe to begin with. Too harsh a character for the tone they've set.

    I'm thinking Sony will try to capitalize on the R-rated superhero movie and make this the gory, violent, scary movie Venom deserves. Maybe throw in Carnage as the villain and put Venom as the conflicted antihero struggling to bond with the symbiot. That'd be a movie I would go see.
    Always so salty.

    I think they want more Deadpool than a hard R bloodfest. They got the director from Zombieland, and the script was done by the guys who wrote the Amazing Spider-Man 2.

    Sony hasn't really shown that they understand how to make a good comic book movie. Venom is a great character who will probably be wasted in the wrong hands. Plus having a Sony Marvel Universe without Spider-Man is really dumb.
    __________________

    Summer 2016: Alpine [7/1] & [7/2]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-20-2017, 01:05 PM   #1068
    rickyh24
    GOAT
     
    rickyh24's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Posts: 133,266

    Shows Seen: 71

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Deadpool is good. We def need more deadpool.
    rickyh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-20-2017, 03:40 PM   #1069
    TwoStep2888
     
    TwoStep2888's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: WI
    Posts: 53,392

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    Sony hasn't really shown that they understand how to make a good comic book movie.
    they made the Raimi Spider-Mans; Spider-Man 2 is one of the best comic book movies

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Deadpool is good. We def need more deadpool.
    Deadpool was fun, I could go for more Deadpool
    __________________
    twitter | Prompter Crew 2004-life
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    TwoStepnumbers is the best. he brings all his equipment on the bus. You can't fuck with that guy.
    seatbelts.
    TwoStep2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #1070
    chadizzy1
    Plane Recovery Expert
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 32,567

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    They would never touch Venom in the Marvel Cupcake Universe to begin with. Too harsh a character for the tone they've set.

    I'm thinking Sony will try to capitalize on the R-rated superhero movie and make this the gory, violent, scary movie Venom deserves. Maybe throw in Carnage as the villain and put Venom as the conflicted antihero struggling to bond with the symbiot. That'd be a movie I would go see.
    I would need to change my pants if they had Carnage in the Venom film.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-20-2017, 05:33 PM   #1071
    TwoStep2888
     
    TwoStep2888's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: WI
    Posts: 53,392

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    I guess I'm not much of a comics guy bc I've never had a "omg it's character x" reaction in a comicbook movie, I get more excited about actors and directors
    __________________
    twitter | Prompter Crew 2004-life
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    TwoStepnumbers is the best. he brings all his equipment on the bus. You can't fuck with that guy.
    seatbelts.
    TwoStep2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-20-2017, 06:05 PM   #1072
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh
     
    Tiduwho's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Posts: 53,791

    Shows Seen: 0
    Send a message via MSN to Tiduwho

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Maximum Carnage was the best Sega game ever -- Spidey teamed with Venom to take down Carnage. So that would make me crazy excited for Carnage.
    __________________

    "And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

    - Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2017, 11:23 AM   #1073
    WidespreadMule3
     
    WidespreadMule3's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: With Waldo
    Posts: 8,025

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    They really need to bring Carnage into the film universe. If they can make Venom brutal and intense, they should definitely bring in Carnage for the sequel.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Gonna be funny as fuck when we find out Caps & Iron Man's mom had the same name
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2017, 11:48 AM   #1074
    MOWJO8185
     
    MOWJO8185's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 6,215

    Shows Seen: 9

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Well, to be fair, Venom was very popular. It's not like DC making a movie about Egghead or another minor villain (to name another property on the other side). Venom is one of the more popular characters. And his origin story doesn't even need to be told. I'm sure 90% of comic geeks know about the symbiote. They could even tell it in flashbacks with some flashes of Spider-Man in a dream sequence if they want to include Spidey.
    I think my question is more about the logistics of Marvel/Sony's arrangement, and whether Tom Holland's version of Spider-Man is even allowed to appear in any of these movies. I agree that they can easily tweak Venom's story to make him a character that doesn't involve Spider-Man and that Venom could in theory carry his own film. There are just so many references out there to Sony building their own universe, apparently they want to do a Black Cat and Silver Sable film next, and it will just be weird if they try to build some shared universe without Spidey at the center of it. I'm curious as to if Tom Holland is allowed in these Sony films by contract. Both Marvel and Sony have been incredibly silent as to these logistics.
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #1075
    M. Steng
    Do you bleed? You will.
     
    M. Steng's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: CT
    Posts: 7,199

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 View Post
    I think my question is more about the logistics of Marvel/Sony's arrangement, and whether Tom Holland's version of Spider-Man is even allowed to appear in any of these movies. I agree that they can easily tweak Venom's story to make him a character that doesn't involve Spider-Man and that Venom could in theory carry his own film. There are just so many references out there to Sony building their own universe, apparently they want to do a Black Cat and Silver Sable film next, and it will just be weird if they try to build some shared universe without Spidey at the center of it. I'm curious as to if Tom Holland is allowed in these Sony films by contract. Both Marvel and Sony have been incredibly silent as to these logistics.
    I'm not trying to be a dick but honestly, who in the ever-loving fuck would go see this movie?
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Useliteski View Post
    you consistently come off one of the worst posters on ants.

    just wanted to let you know.
    M. Steng is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2017, 11:58 AM   #1076
    MOWJO8185
     
    MOWJO8185's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 6,215

    Shows Seen: 9

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    I'm not trying to be a dick but honestly, who in the ever-loving fuck would go see this movie?
    Well, exactly. There's a case that can be made for introducing a Black Cat or Silver Sable in a Spider-Man film, and if the characters are really well written and pop onscreen, you can spin them off. But if Spider-Man isn't at the center of the universe it is destined to fail. What's the ultimate end goal of this "shared universe" - a team-up of Venom, Black Cat, Silver Sable, and Prowler or some shit? Just what the fans have been wanting for years!

    That's why I'm so interested in if Holland is involved.
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #1077
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: Tampa Bay
    Posts: 24,557

    Shows Seen: 149
    Send a message via AIM to UCFish

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    they made the Raimi Spider-Mans; Spider-Man 2 is one of the best comic book movies
    They have not had a clue since Spider Man 2.

    This Sony non-spiderman spin off shit is dumb as hell.
    __________________
    Nacho Boy
    151 shows and counting
    WhT campaigner. In memory of shiny tape and misappropriated funds
    UCFish is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2017, 01:52 PM   #1078
    DMBZeppelin
    World Series Champions!
     
    DMBZeppelin's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Griffith, IN
    Posts: 36,197

    Shows Seen: 75
    Send a message via AIM to DMBZeppelin

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 View Post
    Well, exactly. There's a case that can be made for introducing a Black Cat or Silver Sable in a Spider-Man film, and if the characters are really well written and pop onscreen, you can spin them off. But if Spider-Man isn't at the center of the universe it is destined to fail. What's the ultimate end goal of this "shared universe" - a team-up of Venom, Black Cat, Silver Sable, and Prowler or some shit? Just what the fans have been wanting for years!

    That's why I'm so interested in if Holland is involved.
    Holland isn't not involved. Plus young Spidey and old Venom wouldn't be make sense.

    From March with Homecoming's director: http://www.fandango.com/movie-news/e...nd-more-752086

    Quote:
    Fandango: Sony just announced a Venom movie Ė is that connected to your film at all?

    Watts: Itís not. Itís not connected to the Marvel world, so thatís really intriguingÖ what that will be. I donít know anything about it. Itís not connected, so thereís not that overlap. Iím only focused on my movie right now.
    Honestly there only options are probably Garfield or just have Spider-Man be someone talked about but never on screen.
    __________________

    Summer 2016: Alpine [7/1] & [7/2]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2017, 02:17 PM   #1079
    MOWJO8185
     
    MOWJO8185's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 6,215

    Shows Seen: 9

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    Holland isn't not involved. Plus young Spidey and old Venom wouldn't be make sense.

    From March with Homecoming's director: http://www.fandango.com/movie-news/e...nd-more-752086



    Honestly there only options are probably Garfield or just have Spider-Man be someone talked about but never on screen.
    Yeah I saw that interview and quite frankly don't really take it as a definitive answer, considering he says twice that he doesn't know anything about it and is focused on his own movie, and considering that Sony is 100% just making this up as they go along and I don't think they even know what their plan is. I heard a rumor that says Holland's Spider-Man can't be used by either Sony or Marvel without agreement from the other side, so I do imagine that he won't be in it, but for as bad as I think Sony is, I find it really hard to believe they are going to try to build this shared universe without weaving Spider-Man into it in some way.
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2017, 02:18 PM   #1080
    WidespreadMule3
     
    WidespreadMule3's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: With Waldo
    Posts: 8,025

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    Honestly there only options are probably Garfield or just have Spider-Man be someone talked about but never on screen.
    I'd imagine Feige put it in the contract somewhere that they can't do any of that stuff.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Gonna be funny as fuck when we find out Caps & Iron Man's mom had the same name
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Matt's Twitter
    Jake's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter