What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 793 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 10-24-2014, 02:55 AM   #23761
BotheLaneFan
I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What irritates you?

1. The dumb bitch at McDonald's who looked at me like I kill puppies because I asked for some packets of ketchup.
2. The dumb bitch at McDonald's who forgot to give me my Chicken Nuggets.
3. The dumb bitch at McDonald's who, when I called the McDonald's to tell them that they had forgotten my nuggets, but I couldn't pick them up because I was at work and wasn't going to drive back to get them, told me they DID give me my Chicken Nuggets, and that I was just looking for a handout.
4. The dumb bitch at McDonald's who gave me the Popcopy answer when I asked for the name of her manager so I could talk to them in the morning.
5. The dumb bitch at McDonald's who didn't say good bye when she got off the phone with me.

I hope she gets chlamydia.

The plot is always moving forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
So is a glacier.
BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-24-2014, 02:57 AM   #23762
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Also, if you're bowlilng with some of your buddies for fun, fair or foul to say shit to them while they're bowling in the second half of the frame? Because I think it's hysterical.

The plot is always moving forward.
    Quote:
    So is a glacier.
    BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-24-2014, 04:36 AM   #23763
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

That's how I am with disc golf. When we go out, we keep score but aren't super competitive: always complimenting shots or sympathizing with bad shots. No fun to get out there with someone hoping you have a bad throw.
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-24-2014, 05:14 AM   #23764
    scrock25

Shows Seen: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bartender_man View Post
    The ship
    Why's this?
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-24-2014, 06:43 AM   #23765
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Cheering when the other team opens in bowling???
    This would never happen in our league
    Its competitive, but you gotta have some class, Christ
    aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-24-2014, 07:59 AM   #23766
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

People who reply all to group emails/texts, when only the sender needs to see your response.
    Old 10-24-2014, 08:01 AM   #23767
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bartender_man View Post
    The ship

People that block traffic flow to back in to parking spots in parking lots.
    AllifromOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #23768
    twostepping
    Happy Birthday Walt!

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bo(w)theDropsFan View Post
    1. The dumb bitch at McDonald's who looked at me like I kill puppies because I asked for some packets of ketchup.
    3. The dumb bitch at McDonald's who, when I called the McDonald's to tell them that they had forgotten my nuggets, but I couldn't pick them up because I was at work and wasn't going to drive back to get them, told me they DID give me my Chicken Nuggets, and that I was just looking for a handout.
    4. The dumb bitch at McDonald's who gave me the Popcopy answer when I asked for the name of her manager so I could talk to them in the morning.
    5. The dumb bitch at McDonald's who didn't say good bye when she got off the phone with me.

Odds are pretty good she already has chlamydia.
    Old 10-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #23769
    twostepping
    Happy Birthday Walt!

Shows Seen: 89

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Also, if you're bowlilng with some of your buddies for fun, fair or foul to say shit to them while they're bowling in the second half of the frame? Because I think it's hysterical.
    Agreed, but this is league. There are rules.
    Am I the only one that cares about the rules!?
    I did not watch my friends die in the mud in 'Nam for nothing!

Oops sorry, flashback
    Old 10-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #23770
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

My mailman retired about 2 months ago and the new guy is starting to irritate me a bit. The old guy would get my mail here before 11am everyday, this new guy consistently delivers it sometime after 3pm - and they work the same exact route. No idea how he can be so slow, pretty sure planning the D-Day invasion didn't take as long as it takes this guy to get me my mail!
    Old 10-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #23771
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by K270 View Post
    This is one of my irritants. Not only at a drive-thru, but the counter to. Why must you question every single item on the menu. I hate it when I go into Starbucks for a single cup of coffee and 95% of the time I get stuck behind someone who's never been to the place. "What are your sizes?" "How big are the sizes?" "Is that a hot drink or cold drink?" It goes on and on. I can be second in line and it can take me 5 minutes just to get a fucking cup of coffee.
    I just assume that whoever goes to Starbucks, this is just my opinion, either is wealthy or doesn't give a shit about their money. Why else would you pay nearly $3+ a cup just for nasty ass, bitter ass coffee with a fucking attitude from the barista who has a PhD in Modern Cinema and hates their life because they made poor life choices? There are so many other places to get better coffee. IMHO, 7-11 has better coffee than SB and its less than half the price. The Pumpkin Spice is to die for. I just fucking hate Starbucks, and the people that go there. The only time I'll go is if out of town and I can't find a good coffeeshop on Yelp or something.

Quote:

You should go back when she's working drive thru and give her the old fire in the hole with a nice, steaming hot cup of piss. Don't be so hard on her, her life is obviously sad and meaningless.

Quote:
    That's when you need to go all Jesus Quintana on them.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GSUdawg521 View Post
    That's how I am with disc golf. When we go out, we keep score but aren't super competitive: always complimenting shots or sympathizing with bad shots. No fun to get out there with someone hoping you have a bad throw.
    Oh, you play disc golf? You must smoke weed, then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPo7vW3mxx0

Quote:
    People who reply all to group emails/texts, when only the sender needs to see your response.
    Are said people over like 50? My old boss fucked up his political career by typing, "Just watching the idiots pontificate" and also sexual innuendos to his District Aide and sending them to a discussion group instead of her.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AllifromOhio View Post

People that block traffic flow to back in to parking spots in parking lots.
    I do this all the time at busy places, the reason being because I'd rather pull forward to get out than back out. It pisses people off but I don't care, I was taught in driver's ed that its the right thing to do in that situation so I've done it ever since. Maybe if people wouldn't ride my ass there wouldn't be a problem. If they do, I'll fucking park there until they go by. I carry two guns in my car, zero fucks given about road rage. Being a one of the greatest drivers ever to bless the face of the earth is a curse sometimes.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
    My mailman retired about 2 months ago and the new guy is starting to irritate me a bit. The old guy would get my mail here before 11am everyday, this new guy consistently delivers it sometime after 3pm - and they work the same exact route. No idea how he can be so slow, pretty sure planning the D-Day invasion didn't take as long as it takes this guy to get me my mail!
    USPS just sucks anymore. We ship gaming tokens and at least 50% of our orders don't arrive, or arrive broken into. We were doing FedEx but we realized they just use USPS. I guess people think there real money in them, or maybe have them melted down, but its like this shitty Japanese foil steel/aluminium so it goes for like 7 cents a pound. Not going to get rich off that. Also, all of the post offices in my area are open with a schedule like this. M-F 8:30-4:30 with a break from 11-12 and another one from 1-2. On Saturdays, 9-10. So fucking frustrating. It's been time to privatize it for the last two decades.
    Old 10-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #23772
    scrock25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by defcon View Post
    I do this all the time at busy places, the reason being because I'd rather pull forward to get out than back out. It pisses people off but I don't care, I was taught in driver's ed that its the right thing to do in that situation so I've done it ever since. Maybe if people wouldn't ride my ass there wouldn't be a problem. If they do, I'll fucking park there until they go by. I carry two guns in my car, zero fucks given about road rage. Being a one of the greatest drivers ever to bless the face of the earth is a curse sometimes.
    Agreed - people get all pissy over a couple of extra seconds.
    Old 10-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #23773
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrock25 View Post
    Agreed - people get all pissy over a couple of extra seconds.
    I was in Driver's Ed 10 years ago and don't remember them teaching that. Why is that, "the right thing to do?"
    Old 10-24-2014, 09:35 AM   #23774
    Beefsteak1138

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Pulling through is against the law, or so I was told by multiple people. No idea if it's true and zero fucks given, I pull through all the time. I never back in unless I know there is nobody behind me.

The worst is when you're stuck behind someone trying to back in and it takes them 2-3 attempts to get it right.

Last edited by Beefsteak1138; 10-24-2014 at 09:36 AM.
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #23775
    scrock25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    Pulling through is against the law, or so I was told by multiple people. No idea if it's true and zero fucks given, I pull through all the time. I never back in unless I know there is nobody behind me.

The worst is when you're stuck behind someone trying to back in and it takes them 2-3 attempts to get it right.
    Agreed - but the frustrating part comes from their ineptness at backing into the spot, not that they're backing in. No problem with backing in, I do it all the time. Feels good to just pull out.
    Old 10-24-2014, 09:41 AM   #23776
    scrock25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AllifromOhio View Post
    I was in Driver's Ed 10 years ago and don't remember them teaching that. Why is that, "the right thing to do?"
    For me it was almost 20 years ago, but from what I can remember it was taught that way because it's safer leaving the parking space/lot, you have a better overall view leaving your space, therefore less opportunity for accidents. That was the long and short of it, again, from what I can remember.
    Old 10-24-2014, 09:41 AM   #23777
    Beefsteak1138

My Tour Central Stats

I find it frustrating in general, but ineptness makes it worse.
    Old 10-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #23778
    scrock25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    For me it was almost 20 years ago, but from what I can remember it was taught that way because it's safer leaving the parking space/lot, you have a better overall view leaving your space, therefore less opportunity for accidents. That was the long and short of it, again, from what I can remember.
    Also, I think part of it was because people obviously have a better view of whoever is backing into their parking spot, as they're in the middle of the aisle.

As we all know, it's totally easy to miss somebody trying to back out, simply because of the large variance in sizes of vehicles. A Fiat may be blocked by some 4x4 Ford F150 duelly.
    Old 10-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #23779
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    For me it was almost 20 years ago, but from what I can remember it was taught that way because it's safer leaving the parking space/lot, you have a better overall view leaving your space, therefore less opportunity for accidents.
    File both of these concepts under #commonsense!
    Old 10-24-2014, 09:59 AM   #23780
    Beefsteak1138

My Tour Central Stats

Yep, something that a lot of people lack.
    Old 10-24-2014, 11:44 AM   #23781
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I see that point but like Beef said, it's always the people that can't who are infront of me trying to do it. Just pull through, I do if it's safe to.
    Old 10-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #23782
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The worst is when you're stuck behind a woman trying to back in and it takes her 2-3 attempts to get it right.
    FYP

Quote:
    Feels good to just pull out.
    giggity
    Old 10-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #23783
    Beefsteak1138

My Tour Central Stats

Or they don't give you any indication they are going to back in. They just stop, then you see the reverse lights come on and you have to back up real quick so they don't hit you.
    Old 10-24-2014, 12:05 PM   #23784
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Or they don't give you any indication they are going to back in. They just stop, then you see the reverse lights come on and you have to back up real quick so they don't hit you.
    This reminds me, pulled up to a drive-thru to order a drink. Lady in a SUV has been ordering for a while decides to throw it in reverse. I immeadtley slam on my horn 3 times because I can't back up because someone is now behind me. I could hear her backup camera/alarm going off a hundred beeps a minute. Jesus lady.
    No need to ever reverse at a drive-thru to let your tween in the back order. Doesn't even make sense, if anything she should pull forward.
    Old 10-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #23785
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

What sort of indication can you give that you are intending to back in?

Turn signal doesn't seem to work. Every time I put my turn signal on for a parallel parking spot, someone inevitably pulls up on my ass as I pass the spot. Reverse lights are the only way I've figured to let them know my intentions.
    Old 10-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #23786
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

My Tour Central Stats

I always go with the hazard lights/blinkers/whatever you call it when both turn signals are flashing at the same time
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-24-2014, 12:25 PM   #23787
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Well, I don't immediately start backing up. I just put it in reverse so they see the lights then I wait for them to go around.
    Old 10-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #23788
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What sort of indication can you give that you are intending to back in?

Turn signal doesn't seem to work. Every time I put my turn signal on for a parallel parking spot, someone inevitably pulls up on my ass as I pass the spot. Reverse lights are the only way I've figured to let them know my intentions.
    If I want to parallel and have someone somewhat behind me, I pull up right next to the empty spot and pull over a little with my right turn signal on and just wait which always lets the person know to go around. Then as soon as there's enough of a clearing, I pull up next to the car in front and start reversing to park.

This way you don't go past the spot, you kind of hold your place in front of it til people gtfo the way.
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #23789
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Hangovers.
    Old 10-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #23790
    MVDMB
    Push on till the day

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

People discussing how to properly backup.
    MVDMB is offline   Reply With Quote