*** Official BLOSSOM 2016 Thread - Cuyahoga Falls, OH - 5/21 *** - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-01-2016, 09:25 AM   #91
somuchtoplay

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official BLOSSOM 2016 Thread - Cuyahoga Falls, OH - 5/21 ***

Blossom is by far my favorite amphitheater. I enjoy the walk in/out, it's good exercise and beautiful scenery. The lawn isn't THAT bad. Sure it's nowhere near as good as the pavilion, but as far as lawns are concerned, I've seen much worse. The only major complaint I have is the traffic getting out of here. As for traffic coming in...if you are running into traffic as you arrive, you are doing it wrong. Use the Graham road exit off route 8, turn right onto Bath Road and cross state road (do not turn onto State Rd.), your GPS will then navigate you through the couple of back roads and take you right there...you will cut out over half of the Steels Corners driving this way.
somuchtoplay is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-01-2016, 09:33 AM   #92
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

I know people hate the exit traffic but I didn't know people felt that way about the venue.

I think it's a good place to see a show.
    Considering stopping after my #100 show. Should I?
    AllifromOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2016, 09:38 AM   #93
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Blossom is the nicest ampitheatre ive ever been to as far as scenery, quality of the building and look are considered. Closest 2nd is alpine but you can tell that place is old and in severe need of an update.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2016, 09:59 AM   #94
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Great place to see a show but traffic does suck more than others. It's one of my favorites that I've been to, although that's not saying much. I went in 2004 cause they weren't coming to MI and absolutely loved it. Went back in 05 for the same reason and then even when they came back to MI in 2006 I still made it a point to go back to Blossom. I didn't have a good time in 06 with the traffic sucking, hot as shit out and I thought the set list was predictable so I was disappointed. Looking forward to being back though.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2016, 10:02 AM   #95
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

My Tour Central Stats

Does the kiddo go to shows with you, Tim?
    Old 02-01-2016, 10:12 AM   #96
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AllifromOhio View Post
    Does the kiddo go to shows with you, Tim?
    No not yet. I'd love to do it, and I see kids his age at shows, but I'd regret it late in the show. lol

Quote:
    Old 02-01-2016, 06:19 PM   #97
    Strokjl

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Some seem incredulous I would claim that people don't like Blossom. Let me explain.

First off most people really don't care or rate music venues. Most people don't travel for shows. So let's just say around half or more just have no opinion. They go to Blossom because it's the closest big time summer venue and they want to see their favorite band X. Of the rest, my unscientific poll of Clevelanders is that about half of those who do care about this stuff do not like to go to Blossom. And it's all related to the location and infrastructure getting in and out of the place and how there really isn't anything near it. I know more than a handful of people who refuse to go to shows there anymore.

When I come in and out I go through the valley on Riverview or Akron-Peninsula. Last year I came from a fine meal in Hudson and took 303 to Cleveland-Akron Rd and made the mistake of heading down to Steels Corners. On the way in traffic was slow to stopped. I would like to show up earlier, but seldom have the opportunity. Leaving the venue is just a hot mess.

I can't say I've been to more than a half dozen or so amphitheaters. So maybe the problems I have with Blossom aren't huge compared to most. I imagine that isn't the case. Because every other place I've been to does not have the same infrastructure problems. I'm guessing from the comments that to many the actual facility and setting out weigh the obvious problems with this place. And I find that a completely fair argument considering how bad some settings are for other places.

Last edited by Strokjl; 02-01-2016 at 06:21 PM.
    Strokjl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-02-2016, 06:28 PM   #98
    LeftyDv

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Sorry to hijack the thread temporarily... planning on coming in from Colorado (ye of few shows). The agenda is simple. Fly in, see DMB, stay the night, see the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. Fly home and be to work Monday morning. Question is, where do I stay? I'd like to be close to some bars so that after the show, I can walk back to hotel if necessary. That's about the only stipulation. Can some of you local ants help a brother out? You can send me a direct message if you'd like... then we can get back to fun things like tailgating, warehouse requests, etc. Thanks in advance. Can't wait to meet ya'll in May.
    Old 02-02-2016, 07:08 PM   #99
    somuchtoplay

My Tour Central Stats

You can do the Rock Hall in about 2 hours or so--it is downtown Cleveland (about 40 minutes from Blossom). Downtown Cleveland is like 20-30 mins east of the airport (depending on traffic), Cuyahoga Falls is about 45 mins to an hour from the airport. Where you should stay for a good bar scene, depends on what you are looking for.....If you are ok with just a single bar, I'd stay at the Courtyard on Steels Corners and plant your flag at Brubakers or Panini's. If you want a more exciting bar scene, I'd take it easy at the show, invest in VIP parking (to get out of there quicker), and stay downtown Cleveland for the night--theres always West 6th St and East 4th St near the stadiums or a cheap cab ride/uber from downtown can get you to the Ohio City/Tremont area.
    Old 02-03-2016, 09:38 AM   #100
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Psyched for my second show at Blossom this year! It will be nice to catch a show towards the beginning of the tour and then again at The Gorge at the end of the tour. We went to our first show at Blossom last year and loved it. With last year being a weekday it just didn't feel like the same kind of experience as usual, so I'm looking forward to this being on a Saturday.

I was a little nervous about the traffic going in because it was a weeknight and I heard the traffic was horrendous getting out. I feared we wouldn't get home until 2 AM. I don't know how it happened, but we flew out of there. I think we sat in traffic for maybe 15-20 minutes tops. There was a really mellow vibe where we were parked, but it was really nice, and we got a fantastic set. I personally think it was one of the best sets of the tour. Not just because I was there, but I thought the set was solid from start to finish with only a couple "duds". Even with the Lovely Ladies this show was great. At least they used them on songs that they work on (in my opinion they aren't bad on Granny, they add to Save Me, sound good on Long Black Veil and kick You and Me up a notch). Boyd was fantastic and made the crowd go crazy with his Nancies solo:

Take Me to Tomorrow
    Beach Ball
    Butterfly
    Old Dirt Hill (Bring That Beat Back)
    Pay for What You Get
    Two Step
    Typical Situation
    Raven
    Tripping Billies
    -----------------------------------
    Granny
    Save Me
    Rooftop
    The Dreaming Tree
    One Sweet World
    Dancing Nancies
    Satellite
    Crush
    The Song That Jane Likes
    Be Yourself
    Long Black Veil
    You & Me
    Shake Me Like a Monkey
    -----------------------------------
    The Space Between
    All Along the Watchtower
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2016, 12:15 PM   #101
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Also, I'm not going to lie, I actually enjoyed Be Yourself that night. The lyrics are absolutely abysmal, but the music is pretty funky and it was the first time I had heard it with the extended sax outro. I couldn't listen to that solo and not dance. The jam at the end really was awesome. If Dave could completely retool the lyrics, it could be a fun energetic song.
    Old 02-03-2016, 12:48 PM   #102
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

It's a fun song musically the way Belly Belly or Shake Me is to me but yeah awful awful lyrics.

Quote:
    Old 02-03-2016, 06:59 PM   #103
    Strokjl

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

LeftyDV- Considering you want to hit the Rock Hall this will be a Cleveland-centric answer. Assuming you will have a car you have multiple options. The main locations for hotels in the central Cleveland are are Downtown, near the airport and the I-271 Beachwood area (easternsuburbs). Of course you have options at nearly any highway interchange and the University Circle area (in the City but to the east where the hospitals and most museums are located). I assume you will have a car since it would be difficult to get to the show without one, the best option otherwise is to arrange a car service for the show.

Downtown and the University Circle area will give you the most nightlife options and both have public transportation to get to the Rock Hall. As mentioned before the nightlife revolves around E. 4th and the Warehouse Districts (W 6th and 9th). Also the "East Bank" of the flats (just west of the Warehouse District) has a hand full of hot up and coming locations. (The East Bank area is currently under serious redevelopment with an A Loft hotel just on its periphery)

University Circle is about four or five miles east of downtown but has some nightlife there and in Little Italy. The area is dominated by a University and an old Italian neighborhood so the bars are generally young or a laid back older crowd depending on where you look. This area has a great little hotel in an old mansion and is walkable to a great (and free) Art Museum as well as some fun venues. A quick and direct bus line can take you straight downtown where you can transfer to a trolley or just walk up to the Rock Hall.

If you choose the suburban route, Beachwood has all of the best shopping in the region and is somewhat equally inconvenient to both Blossom and downtown. This ares also has some well regarded restaurants with accompanying bars. Just no party all night bar hopping nightlife.

If you want to be closer to Blossom, somewhere along State 8 at the turnpike or I-77 at the turnpike (I-80) has the usual smattering of highway hotels and motels. Usually competitive prices. Independence, Ohio at I-77 and Rockside Rd (south of the city) also has a handful of hotels, but this is an office neighborhood with limited nightlife. But a couple of really good restaurants (you know for those business meetings).

If you're looking to go out after the show, you should be able to get back downtown and hit some bars before the 2AM last call and walk back to your room. This will give you the most authentic party nightlife. This would be my choice (were I in your shoes). But if you want to be back at your hotel faster from the show, pick one of the suburban locales and hang out in the lobby restaurant (but really you won't get any real flavor of Cleveland). Beachwood has choices, but few walkable to the hotels. University Circle requires extra prep to deal with moving about the city but gives you that college feel.
    Strokjl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2016, 09:35 PM   #104
    LeftyDv

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

I want to thank everyone for all the feedback, both public and private! This is what truly makes me love this community. We will be in touch for sure!
    Old 02-04-2016, 05:51 AM   #105
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Strokjl View Post
    LeftyDV- Considering you want to hit the Rock Hall this will be a Cleveland-centric answer. Assuming you will have a car you have multiple options. The main locations for hotels in the central Cleveland are are Downtown, near the airport and the I-271 Beachwood area (easternsuburbs). Of course you have options at nearly any highway interchange and the University Circle area (in the City but to the east where the hospitals and most museums are located). I assume you will have a car since it would be difficult to get to the show without one, the best option otherwise is to arrange a car service for the show.

Downtown and the University Circle area will give you the most nightlife options and both have public transportation to get to the Rock Hall. As mentioned before the nightlife revolves around E. 4th and the Warehouse Districts (W 6th and 9th). Also the "East Bank" of the flats (just west of the Warehouse District) has a hand full of hot up and coming locations. (The East Bank area is currently under serious redevelopment with an A Loft hotel just on its periphery)

University Circle is about four or five miles east of downtown but has some nightlife there and in Little Italy. The area is dominated by a University and an old Italian neighborhood so the bars are generally young or a laid back older crowd depending on where you look. This area has a great little hotel in an old mansion and is walkable to a great (and free) Art Museum as well as some fun venues. A quick and direct bus line can take you straight downtown where you can transfer to a trolley or just walk up to the Rock Hall.

If you choose the suburban route, Beachwood has all of the best shopping in the region and is somewhat equally inconvenient to both Blossom and downtown. This ares also has some well regarded restaurants with accompanying bars. Just no party all night bar hopping nightlife.

If you want to be closer to Blossom, somewhere along State 8 at the turnpike or I-77 at the turnpike (I-80) has the usual smattering of highway hotels and motels. Usually competitive prices. Independence, Ohio at I-77 and Rockside Rd (south of the city) also has a handful of hotels, but this is an office neighborhood with limited nightlife. But a couple of really good restaurants (you know for those business meetings).

If you're looking to go out after the show, you should be able to get back downtown and hit some bars before the 2AM last call and walk back to your room. This will give you the most authentic party nightlife. This would be my choice (were I in your shoes). But if you want to be back at your hotel faster from the show, pick one of the suburban locales and hang out in the lobby restaurant (but really you won't get any real flavor of Cleveland). Beachwood has choices, but few walkable to the hotels. University Circle requires extra prep to deal with moving about the city but gives you that college feel.
    Looks like you and I aren't far from each other. I'm in Cleveland Heights in the Cedar/Lee area.
    Old 02-04-2016, 05:56 AM   #106
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Got a temp for my single for here for the full price. Hope it stays that price for either pit or lower.

Quote:
    Old 02-04-2016, 07:20 AM   #107
    haydebug

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post
    Got a temp for my single for here for the full price. Hope it stays that price for either pit or lower.
    Same here for my pair. Hoping for no price change and also hoping those VA shows in the next series have the same fate.
    haydebug is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2016, 09:38 AM   #108
    somuchtoplay

My Tour Central Stats

Temp Charges for full Blossom request. Hope it holds, but if nothing else, at least I know I won't be declined due to Credit Card BS. Nothing on my C-bus request yet.
    Old 02-04-2016, 09:50 AM   #109
    raven rr
    summer tour :woot

Shows Seen: 98

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Also have a temp charge for full Blossom request.

Old 02-04-2016, 12:37 PM   #110
    grizabella

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I have temps as well! I hope they stick!! LOL
    grizabella is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2016, 12:45 PM   #111
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

I'm sure I'll get a ticket, being just a single, but would prefer to be lower or the pit....obviously.

Quote:
    Old 02-08-2016, 08:48 AM   #112
    raven rr

My Tour Central Stats

temp charge is gone. not sure what that means.
    Old 02-08-2016, 09:14 AM   #113
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by raven rr View Post
    temp charge is gone. not sure what that means.
    Nothing.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-08-2016, 09:19 AM   #114
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    Nothing.
    Yep this. I've had mine go away for a few days and then see the actual charge.

Quote:
    Old 02-08-2016, 11:54 AM   #115
    raven rr

My Tour Central Stats

thanks!

I read through the last page or 2 of the confirmations thread. seems like this happens quite a bit.
    Old 02-08-2016, 12:31 PM   #116
    bbqguy1962

My Tour Central Stats

Full charge for 4 tickets and parking on my Amex. Back to Blossom it is. I can already taste the B Spot burger.

All my very best,
    Jack Layton (1950 - 2011)
    bbqguy1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #117
    haydebug

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbqguy1962 View Post
    Full charge for 4 tickets and parking on my Amex. Back to Blossom it is. I can already taste the B Spot burger.
    YES! Hopefully, I can solve my weird temps confusion soon. Congrats by the way!
    haydebug is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #118
    Screaminreels

Shows Seen: 38

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by somuchtoplay View Post
    Temp Charges for full Blossom request. Hope it holds, but if nothing else, at least I know I won't be declined due to Credit Card BS. Nothing on my C-bus request yet.
    That was my thoughts when I saw temp charges. Let the chips fall where they may now. I haven't seen anything for Columbus either.
    Old 02-08-2016, 12:56 PM   #119
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

With two temp charges for here (one for lowers/pit and one for uppers) I'm guessing it means I'm getting uppers but whatever if that's what happens, I'm there. Still weird that they would temp me two different prices basically at the same time. If I needed to watch my credit limit, I might be pissed cause they are charging me twice right now. I know it's temporary but it's still money that is off my account for right now.

Quote:
    Old 02-08-2016, 02:50 PM   #120
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

My Tour Central Stats

Temp charges mean nothing and I don't bother to even check them anymore. Soon my friends, soon.