2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread - Page 27 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 05:12 PM   #781
SeekUpTheCubs
DMBallwasher
 
SeekUpTheCubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: A Box Away From The World (University of Illinois UC)
Posts: 2,348

Shows Seen: 51

Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

Set break. Strange. I guess they're indoor and have all the time in the world so they can do whatever.

I'd be cool if they did that all summer and started earlier. Wouldn't be THRILLED with it but would be fine
__________________
"The got jazz, sax, fiddle, and guitar, everything is wrong man but it's so right." -Futureman on DMB
ISO WAREHOUSE STUBS. Tulsa 2014. OKC 2016. Farm Aid D+T 2015. Riverbend and Blossom 2016. PM me. Thanks
SeekUpTheCubs is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #782
    FeelingGood
    Folsom JTR Rules
     
    FeelingGood's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Location: Georgia
    Posts: 4,001

    Shows Seen: 30

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    That Virginia in the Rain was nice.
    __________________
    2017: D&T Alpharetta | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzXpxas564Y
    FeelingGood is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #783
    UrsadonDMB
    Some call me A.B.
     
    UrsadonDMB's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: Nashville
    Posts: 3,242

    Shows Seen: 58

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    https://www.periscope.tv/Clarmd19/1djGXvdVlWOxZ?

    Warehouse now
    __________________
    2017 Hiatus: Dave & Tim's Texas Two Step, Nashville N2

    ISO 2010 Citi Field Fire Dancer Hat

    Midwest DMB Fans My Twitter My Instagram My Almanac
    UrsadonDMB is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #784
    IndyDMB
     
    IndyDMB's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Location: Indianapolis
    Posts: 4,395

    Shows Seen: 88

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    **retracted**
    IndyDMB is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #785
    mHeiser92
     
    mHeiser92's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Location: Iowa
    Posts: 1,385

    Shows Seen: 8

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Nice to see Fool To Think again. Hope it sticks around this summer
    __________________
    2017: D&T Nashville x2
    mHeiser92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 05:58 PM   #786
    UrsadonDMB
    Some call me A.B.
     
    UrsadonDMB's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: Nashville
    Posts: 3,242

    Shows Seen: 58

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SeekUpTheCubs View Post
    Set break. Strange. I guess they're indoor and have all the time in the world so they can do whatever.

    I'd be cool if they did that all summer and started earlier. Wouldn't be THRILLED with it but would be fine
    Not a fan of the intermission but an easy beer break I guess.
    __________________
    2017 Hiatus: Dave & Tim's Texas Two Step, Nashville N2

    ISO 2010 Citi Field Fire Dancer Hat

    Midwest DMB Fans My Twitter My Instagram My Almanac
    UrsadonDMB is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 05:59 PM   #787
    SeekUpTheCubs
    DMBallwasher
     
    SeekUpTheCubs's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2011
    Location: A Box Away From The World (University of Illinois UC)
    Posts: 2,348

    Shows Seen: 51

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UrsadonDMB View Post
    Not a fan of the intermission but an easy beer break I guess.
    Beer and Bathroom for sure. Every show in 14 and 15 that was a nice touch. BUt I see a good amount of Phish shows too and just don't love the break.

    But Like I said wouldn't bother me too much
    __________________
    "The got jazz, sax, fiddle, and guitar, everything is wrong man but it's so right." -Futureman on DMB
    ISO WAREHOUSE STUBS. Tulsa 2014. OKC 2016. Farm Aid D+T 2015. Riverbend and Blossom 2016. PM me. Thanks
    SeekUpTheCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 06:05 PM   #788
    FeelingGood
    Folsom JTR Rules
     
    FeelingGood's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Location: Georgia
    Posts: 4,001

    Shows Seen: 30

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Tim just blew the doors off with that song after 41.
    __________________
    2017: D&T Alpharetta | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzXpxas564Y
    FeelingGood is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 06:10 PM   #789
    FeelingGood
    Folsom JTR Rules
     
    FeelingGood's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Location: Georgia
    Posts: 4,001

    Shows Seen: 30

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Looks like Bismark is going to be a staple for the D&T shows....I like it.
    __________________
    2017: D&T Alpharetta | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzXpxas564Y
    FeelingGood is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 06:26 PM   #790
    markk
     
    markk's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2012
    Posts: 228

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FeelingGood View Post
    Looks like Bismark is going to be a staple for the D&T shows....I like it.
    I like it too, as well as your comments regarding VITR.
    __________________
    2017 D+T - Copenhagen, Berlin & Prague
    markk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #791
    UrsadonDMB
    Some call me A.B.
     
    UrsadonDMB's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: Nashville
    Posts: 3,242

    Shows Seen: 58

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SeekUpTheCubs View Post
    Beer and Bathroom for sure. Every show in 14 and 15 that was a nice touch. BUt I see a good amount of Phish shows too and just don't love the break.

    But Like I said wouldn't bother me too much
    Said this a lot back in 14' 15' but two sets brought too much predictability to the sets. You knew what was getting plays in set one and in set two. Throw the ladies and the mix and it limited everything.

    Dave and Tim intermission might work a little bit better as long as the same songs are getting placed in the same parts of the show.
    __________________
    2017 Hiatus: Dave & Tim's Texas Two Step, Nashville N2

    ISO 2010 Citi Field Fire Dancer Hat

    Midwest DMB Fans My Twitter My Instagram My Almanac
    UrsadonDMB is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 06:33 PM   #792
    crashintonickdm
    FIRE RUSSO
     
    crashintonickdm's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Location: Pennsauken, NJ
    Posts: 68,553

    Shows Seen: 66

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Average set. All 3 Mexico shows better
    __________________
    -Nick

    The "off year": Mann x2, MPP
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 06:37 PM   #793
    markk
     
    markk's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2012
    Posts: 228

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Can someone please send out the setlist? Between the DMB Hub app and the Almanac, I'm all messed up.
    __________________
    2017 D+T - Copenhagen, Berlin & Prague
    markk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #794
    thewitt85
     
    thewitt85's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
    Posts: 4,166

    Shows Seen: 33

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markk View Post
    Can someone please send out the setlist? Between the DMB Hub app and the Almanac, I'm all messed up.
    1. Don稚 Drink the Water
    2. Satellite
    3. When The World Ends
    4. Grey Street
    5. The Space Between
    6. Funny The Way It Is
    7. Stay Or Leave
    8. A Tangled Web We Weave *
    9. Gravedigger
    10. Crush

    -------- SET BREAK --------

    11. Virginia In The Rain
    12. Warehouse
    13. Fool To Think
    14. Lie In Our Graves
    15. Samurai Cop
    16. #41
    17. What Would You Say
    18. Tim Solo *
    19. Bismarck
    20. Corn Bread
    21. Two Step

    -------- ENCORE --------

    22. Little Red Bird
    23. You Might Die Trying
    thewitt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #795
    markk
     
    markk's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2012
    Posts: 228

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thewitt85 View Post
    1. Don稚 Drink the Water
    2. Satellite
    3. When The World Ends
    4. Grey Street
    5. The Space Between
    6. Funny The Way It Is
    7. Stay Or Leave
    8. A Tangled Web We Weave *
    9. Gravedigger
    10. Crush

    -------- SET BREAK --------

    11. Virginia In The Rain
    12. Warehouse
    13. Fool To Think
    14. Lie In Our Graves
    15. Samurai Cop
    16. #41
    17. What Would You Say
    18. Tim Solo *
    19. Bismarck
    20. Corn Bread
    21. Two Step

    -------- ENCORE --------

    22. Little Red Bird
    23. You Might Die Trying
    Thanks - of course the Almanac caught up just before you sent this.
    __________________
    2017 D+T - Copenhagen, Berlin & Prague
    markk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 06:47 PM   #796
    laverwater
    Ezra Brooks
     
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Posts: 1,601

    Shows Seen: 32

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UrsadonDMB View Post
    Said this a lot back in 14' 15' but two sets brought too much predictability to the sets. You knew what was getting plays in set one and in set two. Throw the ladies and the mix and it limited everything.

    Dave and Tim intermission might work a little bit better as long as the same songs are getting placed in the same parts of the show.
    I don't think it's possible to compare this with DMB2sets (watch Dave prove me wrong!). Those were two completely different sets, and the acoustic versions were basically reworked to work better in those settings.

    This is the same format for both sets. Sure there might be some high energy songs as closers or 2nd set songs, but I don't imagine the sets will suffer as much as it did then.
    laverwater is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 06:59 PM   #797
    UrsadonDMB
    Some call me A.B.
     
    UrsadonDMB's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: Nashville
    Posts: 3,242

    Shows Seen: 58

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by laverwater View Post
    I don't think it's possible to compare this with DMB2sets (watch Dave prove me wrong!). Those were two completely different sets, and the acoustic versions were basically reworked to work better in those settings.

    This is the same format for both sets. Sure there might be some high energy songs as closers or 2nd set songs, but I don't imagine the sets will suffer as much as it did then.
    I totally agree,

    Just don't want Crush to close out the first part of the show every other tour stop.
    __________________
    2017 Hiatus: Dave & Tim's Texas Two Step, Nashville N2

    ISO 2010 Citi Field Fire Dancer Hat

    Midwest DMB Fans My Twitter My Instagram My Almanac
    UrsadonDMB is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 07:06 PM   #798
    chadizzy1
    Plane Recovery Expert
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 31,750

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    23 songs, a set break and a LRB/YMDT encore. Woof
    __________________
    Twitter l YouTube
    2017: Alabama, Nashville X2

    Current 2017 Rumors Post (Updated 27 January 2017)
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #799
    crashintonickdm
    FIRE RUSSO
     
    crashintonickdm's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Location: Pennsauken, NJ
    Posts: 68,553

    Shows Seen: 66

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    I hate ymdt closing shows. Just awful
    __________________
    -Nick

    The "off year": Mann x2, MPP
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 07:18 PM   #800
    btpeters
    Some Dude
     
    btpeters's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: Indianapolis, IN
    Posts: 21,149

    Shows Seen: 41

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    There was exactly 1 person at the show who thought that encore was great; Dave Matthews.
    __________________
    "I wanna get inside there. The colors they everywhere"
    ~DJM
    btpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 07:19 PM   #801
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 16,400

    Shows Seen: 44

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    I would prefer it not to happen but I can get it at full band shows, not D&T. It has no business in this setting.

    Was the set break fully planned?
    __________________
    Take me home, country roads...
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #802
    Dannyyankou
     
    Dannyyankou's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: Westchester, NY
    Posts: 16,994

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    It makes sense between acoustic and electric sets. But it just reduces the number of songs in the set.
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 08:34 PM   #803
    Dankguitar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 1,457

    Shows Seen: 21

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    I would prefer it not to happen but I can get it at full band shows, not D&T. It has no business in this setting.

    Was the set break fully planned?
    It was hard to hear exactly what Dave said from periscope but he basically said he was complying with the rules by doing it. He warned the crowd he was going to do it before Crush
    Dankguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #804
    jenhen27Ants+ Site Supporter
     
    jenhen27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2016
    Location: Raleigh, NC
    Posts: 2,396

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    London N2

    So Damn Lucky
    Crash Into Me
    One Sweet World
    Best of What's Around
    Bartender
    Spaceman
    Loving Wings
    Save Me
    Tim 1
    Bob Law
    Eh Hee
    Black and Blue Bird
    Minarets
    Recently
    Granny
    Jimi Thing
    Tim 2
    Old Dirt Hill
    PNP
    Rapunzel
    Dancing Nancies
    ---------------------
    Dive In
    Ants Marching
    __________________
    Turns out not where but who you're with that really matters.
    jenhen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 09:21 PM   #805
    jenhen27Ants+ Site Supporter
     
    jenhen27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2016
    Location: Raleigh, NC
    Posts: 2,396

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    I would prefer it not to happen but I can get it at full band shows, not D&T. It has no business in this setting.

    Was the set break fully planned?
    I was watching on Periscope before the break. Dave discussed it and based on his ramblings it sounded like "They" were making them take an intermission; that this is something "They" do. If you want to hear him talk about it, it's at 55:10 of this scope: https://www.periscope.tv/Clarmd19/1vOxwYArqkqGB?
    __________________
    Turns out not where but who you're with that really matters.
    jenhen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2017, 10:45 PM   #806
    TheStone91
     
    TheStone91's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Posts: 3,861

    Shows Seen: 24

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jenhen27 View Post
    I was watching on Periscope before the break. Dave discussed it and based on his ramblings it sounded like "They" were making them take an intermission; that this is something "They" do. If you want to hear him talk about it, it's at 55:10 of this scope: https://www.periscope.tv/Clarmd19/1vOxwYArqkqGB?

    Who do you think he's referring to when he says "they"? Coran Cap$haw/management? Or the venue?

    I hope this set break thing is not here to stay (especially this summer). It's not needed for an all-acoustic show and it means less songs...
    TheStone91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 05:35 AM   #807
    timoutback
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Location: Melbourne Au
    Posts: 73

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheStone91 View Post
    Who do you think he's referring to when he says "they"? Coran Cap$haw/management? Or the venue?

    I hope this set break thing is not here to stay (especially this summer). It's not needed for an all-acoustic show and it means less songs...
    I'd say venue to sell more stuff. Management hasn't made them do it before?
    timoutback is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM   #808
    bowa36
     
    bowa36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Location: GA
    Posts: 7,689

    Shows Seen: 38

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Crash into Me
    Granny
    Old Dirt Hill (Bring That Beat Back)
    Pay for What You Get
    Too Much
    One Sweet World
    Spaceman
    Jimi Thing サ
    What Will Become of Me サ
    Pantala Naga Pampa サ
    Rapunzel
    Can't Stop
    To Touch Yearning
    Eh Hee
    Black and Blue Bird
    Bartender
    So Damn Lucky
    Chatterbox サ
    Rheginos and the Resurrection
    Dodo
    Why I Am
    Ants Marching
    Dancing Nancies
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Grab the Horns by the Bull
    The Space Between
    All Along the Watchtower
    __________________
    When it's not the colors that matter,
    but that they'll all fade away
    bowa36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM   #809
    bigbeartilidie
     
    bigbeartilidie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: VT
    Posts: 1,173

    Shows Seen: 70

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    How long was the set break for?
    __________________
    My Shows
    bigbeartilidie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM   #810
    markk
     
    markk's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2012
    Posts: 228

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: 2017 Setlist Game/Chat Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jenhen27 View Post
    London N2

    So Damn Lucky
    Crash Into Me
    One Sweet World
    Best of What's Around
    Bartender
    Spaceman
    Loving Wings
    Save Me
    Tim 1
    Bob Law
    Eh Hee
    Black and Blue Bird
    Minarets
    Recently
    Granny
    Jimi Thing
    Tim 2
    Old Dirt Hill
    PNP
    Rapunzel
    Dancing Nancies
    ---------------------
    Dive In
    Ants Marching
    I like your set a LOT better than mine (I'd be really happy with that in person). Here's what I put together right after the show yesterday:

    One Sweet World
    So Damn Lucky
    The Song That Jane Likes
    Save Me
    Old Dirt Hill
    Where Are You Going
    Minarets
    Give Up The Goat
    Recently
    Out of My Hands
    Spaceman
    Death On The High Seas
    Black and Blue Bird
    Crash Into Me
    Everyday
    Dancing Nancies
    Jimi Thing
    Grab the Horns by The Bull
    Tripping Billies
    Oh
    Ants Marching
    -------------
    You and Me
    Rapunzel
    __________________
    2017 D+T - Copenhagen, Berlin & Prague
    markk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Matt's Twitter
    Jake's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter