***Official Ants Photography Thread*** - Page 31 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #901
AJF_41

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Ants Photography Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny003 View Post
I finally broke down and bought a new camera body. I ordered a Nikon D700. Should be here Monday. By using Bing's Cashback program, I'm getting 8% back from Calumet. They already had the lowest new price available, so with the 8% cash back on top of that it was just too irresistible. I've been using a Nikon D70s and I was desperate for an upgrade. So I'm pretty excited.

http://www.nikondigital.com/Find-You...5444/D700.html

FYI, I didn't pay anything close to that price. Here is the information about the Bing Cashback program:

http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/s...ack&FORM=R5FD1
What are you getting for the extra price? I don't know much about full format...

Do you take photographs for a living or for fun?

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
AJF_41 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-20-2009, 11:11 AM   #902
    Benny003

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

I'm stuck on an iPhone for the next couple of days, I'll respond in detail when I get back on a computer.
    Benny003 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #903
    mattyande

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AJF_41 View Post
    What are you getting for the extra price? I don't know much about full format...

I know one of the major improvements with full format is much better performance in low light/high ISO situations. The full format sensor results in a lot less noise.

I didn't think this would be much of a problem when I first bought my camera (and in the grand scheme of things, it's not that huge to me yet), but I've had a couple times where better performance in low light would have been awesome to have. The ISO has been something I tend to forget to check, so I've had a couple oops scenarios where I shot half of my sisters wedding and reception with it set at 1000 or something along those lines. I could probably fix that quite a bit just by getting a speed light and not using the built-in flash, and I think I'll do that long before I switch to full frame.

There's also the fact that will full frame, you actually utilize all of the image your lens has the ability to capture. There's no "crop factor" that makes your lenses seem longer. My 50mm lens works great indoors now, but with a full frame, I wouldn't have to step back so much to get the frame I want.
    Old 08-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #904
    AJF_41

My Tour Central Stats

Thanks for the post...sounds interesting. For a novice like myself, I don't think I could come to shell out that type of coin.

I look forward to seeing pictures from the camera.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #905
    jk333

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thanks for the post...sounds interesting. For a novice like myself, I don't think I could come to shell out that type of coin.

I look forward to seeing pictures from the camera.
    Also, a 50mm lens is useable on a full frame camera. A 24mm lens is REALLY wide. A 10-20mm lens is EXTREMELY wide. On a crop sensor, not so much.
    jk333 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #906
    AJF_41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jk333 View Post
    Also, a 50mm lens is useable on a full frame camera. A 24mm lens is REALLY wide. A 10-20mm lens is EXTREMELY wide. On a crop sensor, not so much.
    Yeah..I have the 50mm 1.8 and a Sigma 10-20..love both.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #907
    mattyande

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah..I have the 50mm 1.8 and a Sigma 10-20..love both.
    I think of it like a formatted movie vs. the theatrical release. When you use your 50mm, there is a portion (and I think it's pretty substantial) of the image that the lens can see that you won't. With a full frame, you get the whole thing...

I know someone in here just bought the Tokina 11-16, and I'm thinking that's my next purchase...

I was also looking at the sigma fixed 30mm because I've been told shooting with prime lenses really helps you advance your photography technique. I think it will be different enough from my 50mm to still make it worth the purchase. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
    Old 08-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #908
    Benny003

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattyande View Post
    Congrats on the full format! The more I think about it, the more I want to make the upgrade. I definitely need to wait a while considering I just bought my D90 in January... If I stick with it and continue to learn and get better, I'll probably buy a full format body in a couple years...
    If I had a D90 now instead of a D70s, then I would probably stick with the D90 for a while. I've had the D70s for like 4 years and the tiny screen, among many other things, just isn't doing it for me anymore. So it was time for an upgrade. I don't want to buy camera bodies very often at all (I would prefer it last like 5 years), so I was looking at what will be the best investment in the long term. To me that meant going full frame and investing in quality full frame lenses. So the biggest reason I decided to go big is because I'm hoping this will be a better long term investment overall instead of say a D300 and its DX size sensor.

Quote:

I just take pictures for a hobby. I debated buying the D700 for months and it was still a hard decision to make given its cost. However, like I said above, I'm looking at the long term. Here is an explanation between crop sensor digital SLR cameras (branded DX by Nikon) and full frame digital SLR cameras (branded FX by Nikon):

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/dx.htm

Basically the D700 is comparable to the D300 and the only really big difference between those 2 cameras is the D700 is full frame and the D300 uses a crop sensor (DX). Both of those cameras are a step above cameras like the D90 mostly in build quality and the layout of the buttons. The D700 and D300 have metal bodies and are weather-sealed. The D90 and similar cameras are mostly made out of plastic to save on weight and cost. The D300 and D700 also don't have "scene" modes that are used by amateurs because they expect that the person using the camera knows exactly what settings they want to use for each shot. The D300 and D700 also have buttons for specific settings like single/continuous focus modes for example where on the D90 you have to go into one of the camera's menus to change. So the D300 and D700 (and cameras above them) are made specifically for people who have a strong grasp on what all the camera settings are for and when to use them appropriately.

Now the reason to get a D700 instead of a D300 is because the D700 is full frame like we've been saying. All of Nikon's best lenses are made for full frame cameras. You can use full frame lenses on DX cameras, but you won't be using the entire image area of the lens.

Another thing is low light capability of the D700 over the D300. So the D300 and the D700 have the same number of megapixels, but by now you know they have different sensor sizes. The digital sensor of the D700 is physically larger than the D300. So given that they have the same number of pixels, but the D700 has a larger sensor size, that means that the pixels on the D700 are also physically larger to cover that larger sensor size. Because the pixels on the D700 are physically larger, they are capable of capturing more light than the smaller pixels of the D300 (D90). As you might know, as you increase the ISO in your camera to make it more sensitive to light (so you can get faster shutter speeds in bad light), you get more noise in you image. Well since the D700 is better at capturing light than the D300 (D90) because of its larger sensor area, that means it can go to higher ISO levels with much less noise in the image. So from what I've read, the D700 can go up to like ISO 3200 with very good results whereas the D300 might only be able to go up to like ISO 1600 with the same quality results. That means the D700 is much better in low light situations.

Quote:
    I think of it like a formatted movie vs. the theatrical release. When you use your 50mm, there is a portion (and I think it's pretty substantial) of the image that the lens can see that you won't. With a full frame, you get the whole thing...

I know someone in here just bought the Tokina 11-16, and I'm thinking that's my next purchase...

I was also looking at the sigma fixed 30mm because I've been told shooting with prime lenses really helps you advance your photography technique. I think it will be different enough from my 50mm to still make it worth the purchase. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
    A 50mm lens on a DX camera is the same as a 75mm lens on a FX camera. There is a 1.5x factor on DX cameras.

I was the one who bought the Tokina 11-16mm. It's a great wide angle lens for DX cameras. I bought it in June and now that I just decided to go to full frame, I can no longer properly use that lens since it is made for DX cameras. So given how hard that lens is to find (I've only seen it available new once in the last 4 months and that was when I bought it), would you be interested in buying it? I've honestly only used it probably a dozen times. I used it on a trip I took to Chicago (pictures were posted earlier in this thread with it) and just a handful of times since then. PM me if you're interested and I can give you more information and pictures of the actual lens if you want. I will end up selling it on ebay most likely if you're not interested.

Last edited by Benny003; 08-22-2009 at 08:14 PM.
    Old 08-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #909
    Benny003

My Tour Central Stats

Here is more information about the crop factor:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/crop-factor.htm
    Old 08-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #910
    handsareme

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

That's my next camera:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0908/09...anonsx20is.asp
    Old 08-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #911
    kfpoling

Shows Seen: 140

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by handsareme View Post
    I would get that, except I don't think I could get that into shows... so I'll be getting the sx120 is
    kfpoling is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #912
    Benny003

My Tour Central Stats

My D700 arrived on Monday. What a difference from the D70s! I love the screen on it, I know it's the same as the D90, but it's just such an improvement over the tiny D70s screen. The view finder is also really nice. It's so big, which makes it a lot easier to compose pictures. My 50mm lens works awesome indoors, I no longer have to keep backing up because it was a little too long on a DX camera. I also love the Auto ISO feature. I just tell the camera what I want my minimum shutter speed to be and it will automatically crank up the ISO when needed to make sure I get at least that shutter speed. If there is enough light for the shutter speed I want, then it keeps the ISO at whatever I want like ISO 200. I also love having a switch on the camera to switch between single and continuous focus. I hated having to go into a menu setting to change that on my old camera. The 51-point autofocus system is awesome too. I think the D90 will do this too, but I just put the center of viewfinder on what I want in focus and then if that object moves around the camera will follow precisely that object and keep it in focus always. It will even track things if they disappear behind something and it will wait for the object to come back out again to track the focus. I also can't believe how different the shutter sounds from my old camera. I'll get a workout using this camera too. It weighs a ton. I can only imagine what it will be like when I get the 70-200mm on there.

I tried my Tokina 11-16mm on the D700 and at 16mm there is only the slightest vignetting. It's totally usable until I can afford the full frame wide angle lens I want. I'm happy about that. I can't wait for the 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII to get here, I hope I preordered in time to get the lens in November.

Last edited by Benny003; 08-25-2009 at 02:35 PM.
    Old 08-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #913
    mattyande

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    My D700 arrived on Monday. What a difference from the D70s! I love the screen on it, I know it's the same as the D90, but it's just such an improvement over the tiny D70s screen. The view finder is also really nice. It's so big, which makes it a lot easier to compose pictures. My 50mm lens works awesome indoors, I no longer have to keep backing up because it was a little too long on a DX camera. I also love the Auto ISO feature. I just tell the camera what I want my minimum shutter speed to be and it will automatically crank up the ISO when needed to make sure I get at least that shutter speed. If there is enough light for the shutter speed I want, then it keeps the ISO at whatever I want like ISO 200. I also love having a switch on the camera to switch between single and continuous focus. I hated having to go into a menu setting to change that on my old camera. The 51-point autofocus system is awesome too. I think the D90 will do this too, but I just put the center of viewfinder on what I want in focus and then if that object moves around the camera will follow precisely that object and keep it in focus always. It will even track things if they disappear behind something and it will wait for the object to come back out again to track the focus. I also can't believe how different the shutter sounds from my old camera. I'll get a workout using this camera too. It weighs a ton. I can only imagine what it will be like when I get the 70-200mm on there.

I tried my Tokina 11-16mm on the D700 and at 16mm there is only the slightest vignetting. It's totally usable until I can afford the full frame wide angle lens I want. I'm happy about that. I can't wait for the 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII to get here, I hope I preordered in time to get the lens in November.
    I was messing with my buddy's D300 today and saw the 51 auto focus zones... crazy stuff! Definitely a different and more professional feel from the D90. It would have been too much camera for me to start with, but would be nice to have now. Glad to hear you like the D700 so far. I might accidentally end up with one (or it's equivalent) in the next few years if I get a nice bonus.
    Old 08-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #914
    Benny003

My Tour Central Stats

From the little I've used it so far I think it's great. The weight really is something to get used to. I knew going into this that it would be heavy, but with a heavy lens like the Tokina on there the weight is really noticeable. I think this camera will last me a really long time. I'll post pictures at some point after I take some worthwhile ones.
    Old 08-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #915
    Benny003

My Tour Central Stats

Wow, I just tried the Lightroom 2 demo. That program is awesome. The layout is great (probably because I'm used to CS3) and I really like the adjustment brush. Another thing is that Lightroom 2 is 64-bit, so my computer can take advantage of that. I also have two 24" monitors and Lightroom can expand to 2 screens. That's a great advantage and really makes having 2 monitors worth it. That adjustment brush is incredible though.

Have any of you tried Nikon's Capture NX2 software? I tried the demo and it has some really good unique features. Since it's made by Nikon, it can read more information from Nikon RAW files. So basically any setting you can make in the camera, you can adjust to the RAW file after you've taken it (menu settings I mean, not ISO or something like that). You can change the color settings in NX2 (like Standard, Neutral, and Vivid, as well as your custom color settings) after you've taken the shot. You can also turn the D-Lighting feature on or off in NX2. Being able to do that in the software is nice in case you forget to use the setting you really wanted in the camera when you took the shot. The only in-camera feature that Lightroom and Photoshop can change is the white balance.

I wish Lightroom had NX2's camera controls, that would be the perfect software for Nikons. Anyway, after playing with the demos I decided to get Lightroom 2. That adjustment brush just about makes it worth it alone. Add the dual monitor support, the 64-bit support, and the awesome layout and controls and it was just too hard to resist. I was able to get it through a school affiliated software vendor for $97 since I'm still a part-time student at the University of Minnesota.

Last edited by Benny003; 08-26-2009 at 10:06 PM.
    Old 08-27-2009, 09:58 AM   #916
    mattyande

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Wow, I just tried the Lightroom 2 demo. That program is awesome. The layout is great (probably because I'm used to CS3) and I really like the adjustment brush. Another thing is that Lightroom 2 is 64-bit, so my computer can take advantage of that. I also have two 24" monitors and Lightroom can expand to 2 screens. That's a great advantage and really makes having 2 monitors worth it. That adjustment brush is incredible though.

Have any of you tried Nikon's Capture NX2 software? I tried the demo and it has some really good unique features. Since it's made by Nikon, it can read more information from Nikon RAW files. So basically any setting you can make in the camera, you can adjust to the RAW file after you've taken it (menu settings I mean, not ISO or something like that). You can change the color settings in NX2 (like Standard, Neutral, and Vivid, as well as your custom color settings) after you've taken the shot. You can also turn the D-Lighting feature on or off in NX2. Being able to do that in the software is nice in case you forget to use the setting you really wanted in the camera when you took the shot. The only in-camera feature that Lightroom and Photoshop can change is the white balance.

I wish Lightroom had NX2's camera controls, that would be the perfect software for Nikons. Anyway, after playing with the demos I decided to get Lightroom 2. That adjustment brush just about makes it worth it alone. Add the dual monitor support, the 64-bit support, and the awesome layout and controls and it was just too hard to resist. I was able to get it through a school affiliated software vendor for $97 since I'm still a part-time student at the University of Minnesota.
    I'm glad to hear you like Lightroom 2! I'm a huge fan of it, and it makes me actually enjoy my post processing. I was having trouble describing to you what I liked so much about it earlier in the thread, so I'm glad you checked it out. I need to check and make sure I'm using the 64-bit capability, I don't remember if I looked into that. I saw that the Snow Leopard OS update for Mac now makes most of the basic OS programs operate in 64-bit, so I think I might update.

Love the 2 monitors as well. It's so nice to be able to have the two different views when working on details. Was it you that said you had the Dell 2408wfp monitors? Have you had any luck calibrating them? I've used Spyder3Pro, and it looks pretty good, but all the colors are still oversaturated as compared to my laptop screen.

The adjustment brush is amazing. I'm nowhere near maximizing my potential using it, but I'm learning more all the time.

I haven't tried NX2 at all yet. I don't actually mess with any of the settings you're describing in my camera, so I don't think I'm quite there yet. I still have a ton I need to learn about that stuff. It seems like NX2 would be a great way to learn what those settings are for, because you can adjust them all after the fact on the same image. I'll have to check that out. Side question, if I'm shooting in RAW, do I really need the ability to control the color settings in the camera? Does it do anything I can't do in Lightroom after the fact?

Another thing I love about Lightroom is that it's completely non-destructive, so you don't have to save copies or anything like that. Anything you do can be reset by a ctrl-click.

I'm not sure if you've had a chance to look in to those Chris Orwig training videos that I was describing before, but you really should if you're looking to get the most out of Lightroom and Photoshop. He goes through a ton of program capabilities and shortcuts, but also teaches you a lot of great techniques to make your images better. He's got all sorts of stuff on Photoshop as well, most of which I have on my computer but haven't gotten into yet.
    Old 08-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #917
    Benny003

My Tour Central Stats

When I installed the LR2 demo, it just automatically used the 64-bit version. The icon on the desktop even says "64-bit". So I guess just do a double check to make sure it's using the 64-bit version.

Yes, I'm the one with the 2408wfp's. I calibrated them a while ago, but I only have the Spyder 2, which I guess doesn't fully work on these wide gamut monitors. I had done some minor tweaking to the monitor settings before I calibrated them, and the calibration only changed the image slightly, barely noticeable. I'm happy with the image overall, it's probably not "perfectly calibrated", but I'm not bothered by it enough to drop the $200 or whatever it costs for the Spyder3. The 2408wfp will have a different look than your laptop monitor. The 2408wfp is an ultra wide gamut monitor, meaning it can display more colors than the standard Adobe or sRGB color space. I guess I only really calibrate it so if I get a picture printed that it comes out how I expect it to, not so much so it will look the same on all monitors since most people don't use calibrated monitors.

As for the color settings in the camera, what that will do for you is make it so you have to do less color correction in post-processing. You can tell the camera to shoot in really saturated colors if say you're shooting a sunset or tell it to use slightly warmer colors than "standard" if you're taking pictures of people. Setting the colors in-camera will get you closer to your final product before you even start post-processing. I actually just found this out last night, but go to the "Camera Calibration" I believe it's called in LR2 and you can change the color presets to Standard, Neutral, Vivid, among others and you can see how it affects the colors.

The non-destructive is nice for JPEG's and TIFF's in LR2. CS3 does non-destructive edits to RAW files like LR2.

I'll have to look at those videos you mentioned. I'm sure there are things I could be doing better. Most of the time I just fiddle with the edits until it looks "good" to me. I probably could take a more "scientific" approach to "know" I'm getting good results.

What is really great about LR2, besides the cool interface, is that it puts all the major photo editing settings in easy to use tools. Like adding a vignette. It's super simple in LR2. In order to do it in Photoshop it requires like 6 steps. Dodging and burning in Photoshop is the same way. LR2 just makes those edits that most people want to do really easy. It's not that LR2 is doing anything that can't be done in Photoshop, it just makes it so easy. Plus, the Slideshow, Library, and Web stuff in LR2 is just bonus. I'm glad I tried it out, I think it will actually make me more excited to work on my pictures.

Last edited by Benny003; 08-27-2009 at 10:39 AM.
    Old 08-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #918
    mattyande

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    When I installed the LR2 demo, it just automatically used the 64-bit version. The icon on the desktop even says "64-bit". So I guess just do a double check to make sure it's using the 64-bit version.

Yes, I'm the one with the 2408wfp's. I calibrated them a while ago, but I only have the Spyder 2, which I guess doesn't fully work on these wide gamut monitors. I had done some minor tweaking to the monitor settings before I calibrated them, and the calibration only changed the image slightly, barely noticeable. I'm happy with the image overall, it's probably not "perfectly calibrated", but I'm not bothered by it enough to drop the $200 or whatever it costs for the Spyder3. The 2408wfp will have a different look than your laptop monitor. The 2408wfp is an ultra wide gamut monitor, meaning it can display more colors than the standard Adobe or sRGB color space. I guess I only really calibrate it so if I get a picture printed that it comes out how I expect it to, not so much so it will look the same on all monitors since most people don't use calibrated monitors.

As for the color settings in the camera, what that will do for you is make it so you have to do less color correction in post-processing. You can tell the camera to shoot in really saturated colors if say you're shooting a sunset or tell it to use slightly warmer colors than "standard" if you're taking pictures of people. Setting the colors in-camera will get you closer to your final product before you even start post-processing. I actually just found this out last night, but go to the "Camera Calibration" I believe it's called in LR2 and you can change the color presets to Standard, Neutral, Vivid, among others and you can see how it affects the colors.

The non-destructive is nice for JPEG's and TIFF's in LR2. CS3 does non-destructive edits to RAW files like LR2.

I'll have to look at those videos you mentioned. I'm sure there are things I could be doing better. Most of the time I just fiddle with the edits until it looks "good" to me. I probably could take a more "scientific" approach to "know" I'm getting good results.

What is really great about LR2, besides the cool interface, is that it puts all the major photo editing settings in easy to use tools. Like adding a vignette. It's super simple in LR2. In order to do it in Photoshop it requires like 6 steps. Dodging and burning in Photoshop is the same way. LR2 just makes those edits that most people want to do really easy. It's not that LR2 is doing anything that can't be done in Photoshop, it just makes it so easy. Plus, the Slideshow, Library, and Web stuff in LR2 is just bonus. I'm glad I tried it out, I think it will actually make me more excited to work on my pictures.
    I figured out how to run it in 64-bit, and from just messing around for a second, it already seemed faster.

Regarding the monitor, getting a print that matches the screen was my main concern too. Now I just need to run some test prints to make sure they look like the 2408 and not my laptop screen. If that's the case, then I'm fine.

Let me know if you need help tracking down the training videos. I think there's plenty of helpful information regardless of whether you're an expert or a novice.
    Old 08-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #919
    valridgway

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Photography Thread

one:these are beautiful. two:youre a great photographer. three:what kind of camera did you use?
    valridgway is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #920
    kfpoling

Shows Seen: 140

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

most of these guys use DSLR's Val
    kfpoling is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-31-2009, 12:51 PM   #921
    Butterfingerz

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Photography Thread

Quote:
    Originally Posted by valridgway View Post
    one:these are beautiful. two:youre a great photographer. three:what kind of camera did you use?
    Butterfingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-31-2009, 01:42 PM   #923
    mattyande

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfingerz View Post
    I like this one...
    Old 08-31-2009, 09:12 PM   #924
    Butterfingerz

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Thanks. It was hard coming back down, so I figured I'd snap a little memory.
    Butterfingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #925
    mattyande

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfingerz View Post
    Thanks. It was hard coming back down, so I figured I'd snap a little memory.
    The composition is cool with the road disappearing at an interesting point. The wash out in the sky is kind of a bummer. Would make a cool HDR shot...
    Old 09-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #926
    AlanA4

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Here are a couple I took this weekend in Boone NC:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6360/img0975.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7279/img1003r.jpg
    Old 09-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #927
    efraser77
    026 | Grux Abides

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

My Outside Lands pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/efraser...7622203304656/
    Old 09-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #928
    mattyande

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by efraser77 View Post
    Looks like fun man... What did you have to set your ISO at to get enough speed?
    Old 09-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #929
    mattyande

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlanA4 View Post
    Love that second one...
    Old 09-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #930
    efraser77
    026 | Grux Abides

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Looks like fun man... What did you have to set your ISO at to get enough speed?
    800, which generally got me a 1/60 shutter speed, fast enough to just about freeze most stuff, but not hands on guitars. The 1600 on my Nikon S560 has too much noise. Would have killed to have the Canon 50D with me instead.

Tags
    photography