Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR (11.7.14) - Page 15 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 11-22-2014, 05:59 PM   #421
TablesTurnAgain

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR (11.7.14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyz View Post
there's actual proof that it was. The top was never leo's totem. He actually never even mentions that it is in the move. It was actually his wedding ring. In every dream sequence that leo had, he was always wearing his wedding ring. Whenever it was the real world, no ring. At the end of the movie, leo doesn't have it on. Real world. Mind blown.
Ho. Ly. Shit.
TablesTurnAgain is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #422
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

Shows Seen: 240

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

The thing I love about Nolan movies is that the remind me why I love watching movies in the first place.
    Old 11-22-2014, 07:08 PM   #423
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Keyz View Post
    there's actual proof that it was. the top was never Leo's totem. he actually never even mentions that it is in the move. it was actually his wedding ring. in every dream sequence that Leo had, he was always wearing his wedding ring. whenever it was the real world, no ring. at the end of the movie, Leo doesn't have it on. real world. mind blown.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Inception/co...inception_faq/

Check out #18.

The whole thing is worth reading, though.
    Old 11-22-2014, 11:13 PM   #424
    Keyz
    1 owdah frin fry!!!!

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lockman21 View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Inception/co...inception_faq/

Check out #18.

The whole thing is worth reading, though.
    not sure i buy #18. isn't that the whole point to the end of the movie? it doesn't matter to him if he's being "tricked" into whether or not it's real or a dream. he's just fully overjoyed that he gets to see his children that the rest doesn't matter. the whole reason he abandons the totem at the end.

not to mention, the other point of a totem in the film is that no one else is suppose to know about it other than yourself. your totem is essentially your own secret. so an architect shouldn't be able to build an environment knowing Cobb's totem, because if he did, Cobb would have failed at his skill. and what better way to hide a totem than something that's inconspicuous such as a ring? it is very, very plausible.

Last edited by Keyz; 11-22-2014 at 11:15 PM.
    Keyz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2014, 01:11 AM   #425
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tiduwho View Post
    Just realized, did they even address or mention Coop's son when he was brought back? My mind was only on the daughter, now very old. I'm sure he's long gone, but I don't remember them even mentioning him.

The last I remember seeing Coops son was at the Farm when he was burning the corn. I'm guessing when he threw Murphy out of the house they never spoke again. I'm surprised they didn't even mention if he left Earth and went to the Saturn planet or perished on Earth. Or maybe there was a quick blurb about him in the hospital scene and I missed it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2014, 06:02 AM   #426
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by K270 View Post
    The last I remember seeing Coops son was at the Farm when he was burning the corn. I'm guessing when he threw Murphy out of the house they never spoke again. I'm surprised they didn't even mention if he left Earth and went to the Saturn planet or perished on Earth. Or maybe there was a quick blurb about him in the hospital scene and I missed it.
    I read somewhere that an actor is credited as "Old Tom" in the final credits. I've had no success confirming that with IMDb or any other online resource. If it is true, I imagine he's featured as one of the elderly individuals being interviewed in the dust bowl/farming documentary.

Some people theorize that he was alive and in the hospital room as well. I can't even begin to fathom that being true. Obviously the father-daughter relationship is the heart of the film, but I think Coop would've at least said hi to him. Or sorry.
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2014, 06:41 AM   #427
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

I just finally saw this last night. I liked it, but didn't love it. First off all, it was WAY too loud, almost such that it ruined those sequences for me. I can understand and appreciate artistic license to mix music and dialogue a certain way, but physically making your audience uncomfortable due to the volume of the music seemed a bit overboard for me. I consider myself able to tolerate loud stuff but even I was cringing at how loud it was.

As for the story: I thought it was well-told, but a little bit long. It felt like they could have cut some stuff out and still have told the same story.

I'm not a physics guy at all, so I was admittedly a little lost at some points when they were discussing some of the more scientific-type stuff. But regarding time travel/the humans going back to the future to place the wormhole there: if they already got to a point where they had the capability to place something of that magnitude/complexity there, why even do it to begin with? Clearly, humans reached a point in the far future where they reached these capabilities before Cooper and Brand came along. Maybe they had these capabilities but were running out of resources, so went back in time to alter events so that they ended up on a different planet? Time travel and time manipulation always messes with my brain and leaves me with more questions than answers. Any insights into this kind of stuff would be appreciated.
    Old 11-23-2014, 07:10 AM   #428
    matthewdaves187
    John 3:16

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Just got back from seeing this film for the first time and really enjoyed it, but it kind felt like a mix between 2001 and Field of Dreams. Nolan really knows how to capture the audience and make us think. I always look forward to seeing his movies and leaving the theater with my mind blown.
    Old 11-23-2014, 07:16 AM   #429
    MOWJO8185

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I will say the way the twist was presented at the end felt like an M Night Shyamalan movie, and I don't mean that as a compliment. I think a little more subtlety could have gone a long way. But the entire film worked so well for me on an emotional level, and the effects were so top notch, that I didn't really mind.
    MOWJO8185 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2014, 07:29 AM   #430
    Keyz
    1 owdah frin fry!!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    I just finally saw this last night. I liked it, but didn't love it. First off all, it was WAY too loud, almost such that it ruined those sequences for me. I can understand and appreciate artistic license to mix music and dialogue a certain way, but physically making your audience uncomfortable due to the volume of the music seemed a bit overboard for me. I consider myself able to tolerate loud stuff but even I was cringing at how loud it was.

As for the story: I thought it was well-told, but a little bit long. It felt like they could have cut some stuff out and still have told the same story.

I'm not a physics guy at all, so I was admittedly a little lost at some points when they were discussing some of the more scientific-type stuff. But regarding time travel/the humans going back to the future to place the wormhole there: if they already got to a point where they had the capability to place something of that magnitude/complexity there, why even do it to begin with? Clearly, humans reached a point in the far future where they reached these capabilities before Cooper and Brand came along. Maybe they had these capabilities but were running out of resources, so went back in time to alter events so that they ended up on a different planet? Time travel and time manipulation always messes with my brain and leaves me with more questions than answers. Any insights into this kind of stuff would be appreciated.
    in terms of the physics time stuff, the easiest way to understand relativity, which is how short times in one location were long times in other, is to explain it in one sentence. the closer an object is to a source of gravitational pull, the slower time moves. the size of that pull also plays a part in relativity, and it's really quite an amazing discovery. since black holes have EXTREME gravitational pulls (galaxies are getting sucked into them), the water planet's time moved the slowest because it was the closest to it, hence the giant waves. that's why the time lapse was 1 hour = 7 years on earth. as far as the time travel in the black hole, that's all simply based on the belief of Christopher Nolan and the astrophysicist he worked with. no one really knows what happens in a black hole, but it is plausible that we could have control of time as a 4th dimension, similar to how we have control of our own 3 dimensions on earth. crazy concept, but possible.

as far as the wormhole, it's kind of difficult to think when/how it would've been placed there, but my belief is that it was the data taken from the black hole that was the reason the wormhole was able to be made. it's as if the data of Garagantua was the missing link to the earth's survival, and that's why Coop risked his life to go into it. with that data, the earth had much more information about spacetime than they had before.
    Old 11-23-2014, 07:36 AM   #431
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    in terms of the physics time stuff, the easiest way to understand relativity, which is how short times in one location were long times in other, is to explain it in one sentence. the closer an object is to a source of gravitational pull, the slower time moves. the size of that pull also plays a part in relativity, and it's really quite an amazing discovery. since black holes have EXTREME gravitational pulls (galaxies are getting sucked into them), the water planet's time moved the slowest because it was the closest to it, hence the giant waves. that's why the time lapse was 1 hour = 7 years on earth. as far as the time travel in the black hole, that's all simply based on the belief of Christopher Nolan and the astrophysicist he worked with. no one really knows what happens in a black hole, but it is plausible that we could have control of time as a 4th dimension, similar to how we have control of our own 3 dimensions on earth. crazy concept, but possible.

as far as the wormhole, it's kind of difficult to think when/how it would've been placed there, but my belief is that it was the data taken from the black hole that was the reason the wormhole was able to be made. it's as if the data of Garagantua was the missing link to the earth's survival, and that's why Coop risked his life to go into it. with that data, the earth had much more information about spacetime than they had before.
    Thanks for the explanation about the gravity/time dynamic. Definitely cleared it up.

As far as the time travel/4th and 5th dimension stuff, I guess my question is sort of, which version of Cooper are we seeing? Because what we saw in the film, the books being pushed off the shelves, the dust falling in a certain way, that happened to him as a result of his own future actions. So there was some future Cooper that had already reached the point we saw him in at the end of the film that dictated all that happening. If we're working with the understanding that manipulating past events from the future actually changes the future (which I believe is a pretty common thread throughout time travel stories), then wouldn't a past "version" of Cooper had to have reached that point without the assistance of the future people? I feel like I'm sort of rambling here and may have even lost my train of thought, but I kind of see the stories as a sort of loop: Cooper finds the coordinates (which were sent to him from a future self), he goes on the mission, and then he ends up in the construct telling himself in the past where to go. Something had to trigger all this, no? I just can't seem to grasp the story linearly, which actually might be the point of the whole film now that I think about it.
    Old 11-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #432
    Keyz
    1 owdah frin fry!!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thanks for the explanation about the gravity/time dynamic. Definitely cleared it up.

As far as the time travel/4th and 5th dimension stuff, I guess my question is sort of, which version of Cooper are we seeing? Because what we saw in the film, the books being pushed off the shelves, the dust falling in a certain way, that happened to him as a result of his own future actions. So there was some future Cooper that had already reached the point we saw him in at the end of the film that dictated all that happening. If we're working with the understanding that manipulating past events from the future actually changes the future (which I believe is a pretty common thread throughout time travel stories), then wouldn't a past "version" of Cooper had to have reached that point without the assistance of the future people? I feel like I'm sort of rambling here and may have even lost my train of thought, but I kind of see the stories as a sort of loop: Cooper finds the coordinates (which were sent to him from a future self), he goes on the mission, and then he ends up in the construct telling himself in the past where to go. Something had to trigger all this, no? I just can't seem to grasp the story linearly, which actually might be the point of the whole film now that I think about it.
    i actually think that's exactly the point, in that we can't really view it linearly. for example, we technically live in a 4D world. we have 3 coordinates we can control every day (x, y, z). we can go up/down, left/right, forward/backward. however, we also have a dimension of time. the difference with time is that we have no control of it. it's simply something that we go through no matter what. so the point of the story is that it is unknown what could happen if we had control of this 4th dimension, and Christopher Nolan put it his way as to what he thinks could happen. certainly when Coop was in the black hole, he was manipulating time, but that may not have affected his future self because for all we know, time may stand still in a black hole. and when he comes out of it (again, more theory), what could've been an hour for him could've been 60 years on earth. it's all relating back to something we truly know nothing about, which is the black hole.
    Old 11-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #433
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    i actually think that's exactly the point, in that we can't really view it linearly. for example, we technically live in a 4D world. we have 3 coordinates we can control every day (x, y, z). we can go up/down, left/right, forward/backward. however, we also have a dimension of time. the difference with time is that we have no control of it. it's simply something that we go through no matter what. so the point of the story is that it is unknown what could happen if we had control of this 4th dimension, and Christopher Nolan put it his way as to what he thinks could happen. certainly when Coop was in the black hole, he was manipulating time, but that may not have affected his future self because for all we know, time may stand still in a black hole. and when he comes out of it (again, more theory), what could've been an hour for him could've been 60 years on earth. it's all relating back to something we truly know nothing about, which is the black hole.
    This definitely makes more sense put in this terms, about being able to manipulate time. It's just a hard concept to grasp since it's really something I'd never put any thought into or frankly ever had encountered before.

My whole thought about time travel, then, was based on the assumption that the time is measured in Earth's time terms and not this extra-dimensional manipulative concept of time. In a movie like Back to the Future, although likely not scientifically accurate, is a representation of the type of impact on the future by tinkering with the past that I was thinking of. Now I realize that Interstellar wasn't working within that framework and that the story/time isn't necessarily linear.
    Old 11-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #434
    atrippingbillie
    gardt

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This definitely makes more sense put in this terms, about being able to manipulate time. It's just a hard concept to grasp since it's really something I'd never put any thought into or frankly ever had encountered before.

My whole thought about time travel, then, was based on the assumption that the time is measured in Earth's time terms and not this extra-dimensional manipulative concept of time. In a movie like Back to the Future, although likely not scientifically accurate, is a representation of the type of impact on the future by tinkering with the past that I was thinking of. Now I realize that Interstellar wasn't working within that framework and that the story/time isn't necessarily linear.
    This also why I feel this movie is so important. Introduces new forms of thought and theoretical physics to some whom might have never heard of such things having not seen the movie. This universe is insane and the reality of it is so much great than we could have ever imagined.

Last edited by atrippingbillie; 11-23-2014 at 08:38 AM.
    atrippingbillie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #435
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    not sure i buy #18. isn't that the whole point to the end of the movie? it doesn't matter to him if he's being "tricked" into whether or not it's real or a dream. he's just fully overjoyed that he gets to see his children that the rest doesn't matter. the whole reason he abandons the totem at the end.

not to mention, the other point of a totem in the film is that no one else is suppose to know about it other than yourself. your totem is essentially your own secret. so an architect shouldn't be able to build an environment knowing Cobb's totem, because if he did, Cobb would have failed at his skill. and what better way to hide a totem than something that's inconspicuous such as a ring? it is very, very plausible.
    If you have the time, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ginQNMiRu2w

I still haven't made it through the whole thing, but it sheds some great light on the movie.
    Old 11-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #436
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

You know, I did such a good job of just letting the story unfold, and not trying to figure this out that I didn't even try to figure the ghost thing out. In retrospect, I have no idea how that happened, other than I just wanted to not dig in until after the movie was over. The only thing that popped into my head - it had something to do with the installation that wasn't far away, and their work was causing it. It certainly made the tesseract more of a surprise.
    Old 11-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #437
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RobbtheRevelatr View Post
    You know, I did such a good job of just letting the story unfold, and not trying to figure this out that I didn't even try to figure the ghost thing out. In retrospect, I have no idea how that happened, other than I just wanted to not dig in until after the movie was over. The only thing that popped into my head - it had something to do with the installation that wasn't far away, and their work was causing it. It certainly made the tesseract more of a surprise.

Although in all fairness, I just want to point out that if you DID realize it, that doesn't necessarily mean you're automatically one who is putting a lot of energy into trying to figure it all out there "in the moment". Because I think sometimes a person who may be described that way in their movie watching, there's a little bit of a negative connotation on it. But I can say that I wasn't actively trying to do that at all, I was simply "taking it all in", and that detail just occurred to me anyway, that it was Coop.

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2014, 11:17 PM   #438
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Found this earlier today. It's kind of dumb, but kind of funny to.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/48742...ixth-dimension

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-24-2014, 05:43 AM   #439
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by K270 View Post
    Found this earlier today. It's kind of dumb, but kind of funny to.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/48742...ixth-dimension
    Got a few interesting questions in there mixed in with mostly dumb ones. You might as well ask "what was the number one pop song in the country during this movie? omg i can't believe they didn't explain that!"
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #440
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjRmlTAjDI8

Found this interesting companion piece to the movie. 45 min long, but worth the watch. Helps explain a lot of the basic principles for physics-illiterate people like myself.

Edit: It's also terrible quality and part of the screen is cut off, but it's a good watch.

Last edited by M. Steng; 11-24-2014 at 10:01 AM.
    M. Steng is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-24-2014, 12:07 PM   #441
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
    I didn't realize all of your boyfriends made this movie.
    Well, that's all I need to know about you, dipshit.
    Tomriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #442
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I feel like I'm sort of rambling here and may have even lost my train of thought, but I kind of see the stories as a sort of loop: Cooper finds the coordinates (which were sent to him from a future self), he goes on the mission, and then he ends up in the construct telling himself in the past where to go.
    I think so too. You can imagine everything that happens to Cooper as the 4 dimensional loop that you describe, and watching the movie is like putting your finger on the loop and tracing it around until you get back to where you started. Just because your finger had to start somewhere doesn't mean the loop geometrically had to start somewhere

Quote:
    i actually think that's exactly the point, in that we can't really view it linearly. for example, we technically live in a 4D world. we have 3 coordinates we can control every day (x, y, z). we can go up/down, left/right, forward/backward. however, we also have a dimension of time. the difference with time is that we have no control of it.
    Yeah. Also time is "curved" in ways our three dimensions are not, from what I understand (which isn't too much)
    Old 11-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #443
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tomriddle View Post

hey besides, Tomriddle's got some class. He doesn't have "boyfriends", they're gentlemen callers. A little respect, please.

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #444
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think so too. You can imagine everything that happens to Cooper as the 4 dimensional loop that you describe, and watching the movie is like putting your finger on the loop and tracing it around until you get back to where you started. Just because your finger had to start somewhere doesn't mean the loop geometrically had to start somewhere
    I guess it's just tough trying to rationalize it when it's presented linearly but the story is in fact a loop. My only qualm with it is that I still think there had to be some sort of "triggering" event, if that makes any sense. There had to be some humans that made it far enough into the future to develop the technology to place the wormhole and tessaract there for the past humans to use. Even if we're basing the whole concept of the film/plot on the assumption that Cooper's ability to access the tessaract and affect himself in the past was the pivotal moment in human history, there still had to be a way for the tessaract and wormhole to come into existence. Maybe I'm just not fully grasping the concept of the malleability of time and the 4th dimension, but it seems a bit paradoxical to me. Not necessarily a critique, just something I've put some thought into since seeing it Saturday and still can't fully figure out.
    Old 11-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #445
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lockman21 View Post
    The thing I love about Nolan movies is that the remind me why I love watching movies in the first place.
    Couldn't have said it any better. This is a director that makes movies to take you away and bring you on a great ride. He also uses as much of the real world as he can versus relying on CGI. Imagine if the opening sequence to The Dark Knight Rises were all done as CGI??? That would have taken away from that entire experience. Just knowing that they ACTUALLY did so much of that scene in real life makes it so much more thrilling. They shot an aerial sequence with people jumping from one plane to another with little CGI and did it using a giant IMAX camera. That's incredible.

I get so sick of people complaining about "plot holes" in his movies. So what? You've got 2 1/2 hours to tell a story and sometimes you just have to get the gist of it. How did it go from morning to night in a span of minutes in The Dark Knight Rises? I don't know and I don't care. I am watching a movie about a billionaire that dresses as a bat and takes down entire crime rings and saves an entire city. I think I can suspend belief a bit that it went from morning to night in the span of 10 minutes.

Last edited by KevinTH; 11-24-2014 at 01:19 PM.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #446
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Just saw this today
    I think someone else said it in here - liked it, but didn't love it. The father/daughter relationship connected was something I connected with, but the film was definitely too long. I also thought the ending was a little too "Contact"ish.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-24-2014, 02:35 PM   #447
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    hey besides, Tomriddle's got some class. He doesn't have "boyfriends", they're gentlemen callers. A little respect, please.

I'm glad there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity.

Quote:
    My only qualm with it is that I still think there had to be some sort of "triggering" event, if that makes any sense. There had to be some humans that made it far enough into the future to develop the technology to place the wormhole and tessaract there for the past humans to use.
    Yeah I think that's one of those things (like the beginning of time, etc) that we can never really understand, it just makes your head hurt after a while

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH5 View Post
    Couldn't have said it any better.
    Me niether
    Old 11-24-2014, 02:51 PM   #448
    atrippingbillie
    gardt

Shows Seen: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I guess it's just tough trying to rationalize it when it's presented linearly but the story is in fact a loop. My only qualm with it is that I still think there had to be some sort of "triggering" event, if that makes any sense. There had to be some humans that made it far enough into the future to develop the technology to place the wormhole and tessaract there for the past humans to use. Even if we're basing the whole concept of the film/plot on the assumption that Cooper's ability to access the tessaract and affect himself in the past was the pivotal moment in human history, there still had to be a way for the tessaract and wormhole to come into existence. Maybe I'm just not fully grasping the concept of the malleability of time and the 4th dimension, but it seems a bit paradoxical to me. Not necessarily a critique, just something I've put some thought into since seeing it Saturday and still can't fully figure out.
    This is why this movie is awesome
    Old 11-24-2014, 03:29 PM   #449
    Gene Parmesan

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Wasn't making a gay joke, was making an overly-defensive joke. Not that it matters, I disagree with your taste in movies, so, I'm a dipshit who doesn't understand physics and am angry because the movie metaphorically ran over my dog (feel like someone is trying to add homophobic to that too)

I mentioned more than once I enjoyed the movie, my only complaints are the IMAX overhype that it got and the "it really makes you think" dialogue it inspires among some. I would recommend everyone see it, but I see no reason for wanting to sit thru it again.
    Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-24-2014, 03:44 PM   #450
    Julia Roberts
    Pretty Woman

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
    ...am angry because the movie metaphorically ran over my dog...
    You seemed disproportionately angry at the movie is all. Kind of like how I felt after seeing Twilight.

For the record, I'm fairly lukewarm on Interstellar.

"Count down the time that you have left,
    In a jar try to catch try to capture it"
    Julia Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote