What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 1093 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 08-29-2015, 03:32 PM   #32761
JRS1386
Heeeeeeeere's Gritty

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What irritates you?

my formerish landlord

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...stcount=126148
JRS1386 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-29-2015, 04:36 PM   #32762
    bartender_man

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YankeesDMB41 View Post
    Ronda Rousey

Still mad with her?
    Old 08-29-2015, 05:27 PM   #32763
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

People that don't go out of their way to defend Ronda Rousey.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-29-2015, 06:26 PM   #32764
    JRS1386
    Heeeeeeeere's Gritty

My Tour Central Stats

So on the 26th my Landlord informed me that she will be doing a moving out inspection the following day at 10 AM. I responded that say day and said I would not be able to attend because both my wife and myself had work and we could not take off on such short notice and it was the first official day we both needed to report to our schools. In the e-mail I asked the landlord what should we do with our keys, because they charge $5 for each key not returned and we had 4 total keys. She never responded and has yet to send us an e-mail or anything with the results of the inspection. I called her this afternoon because we were going to be in the area of the old apartment and left a voicemail and never got a call back or anything. We drove to the apartment today just to check the mail (our lease technically does not end until the end of September) for anything that we have not changed addresses for. We also decided to go into the apartment to see if there was any notices or anything from the inspection and when we tried to get in the locks were already changed. We also noticed the front blinds were damaged and are now worried they will charge us for that even though when we left they were fine.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:06 PM   #32765
    smudge1
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRS1386 View Post
    So on the 26th my Landlord informed me that she will be doing a moving out inspection the following day at 10 AM. I responded that say day and said I would not be able to attend because both my wife and myself had work and we could not take off on such short notice and it was the first official day we both needed to report to our schools. In the e-mail I asked the landlord what should we do with our keys, because they charge $5 for each key not returned and we had 4 total keys. She never responded and has yet to send us an e-mail or anything with the results of the inspection. I called her this afternoon because we were going to be in the area of the old apartment and left a voicemail and never got a call back or anything. We drove to the apartment today just to check the mail (our lease technically does not end until the end of September) for anything that we have not changed addresses for. We also decided to go into the apartment to see if there was any notices or anything from the inspection and when we tried to get in the locks were already changed. We also noticed the front blinds were damaged and are now worried they will charge us for that even though when we left they were fine.
    This hurts my eyes.
    At the time I didn't think I did.
    I believe now that I do, however... but I don't care.
    smudge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-30-2015, 12:46 AM   #32766
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I hope you took plenty of pictures once you were done moving out. If not, your landlord may have destroyed the place just to keep the security deposit and then sue you for more. If you can't prove you left the place in pristine condition when you moved out, this landlord may take you to the cleaners. I hope this isn't the case and you can move on without incident.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-30-2015, 06:25 AM   #32767
    JRS1386
    Heeeeeeeere's Gritty

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smudge1 View Post
    This hurts my eyes.
    https://media2.giphy.com/media/1OSCSH4Pf59oA/giphy.gif

Quote:
    Originally Posted by K270 View Post
    I hope you took plenty of pictures once you were done moving out. If not, your landlord may have destroyed the place just to keep the security deposit and then sue you for more. If you can't prove you left the place in pristine condition when you moved out, this landlord may take you to the cleaners. I hope this isn't the case and you can move on without incident.
    Yea I took pictures, I don't really trust these people. We have (what I assume is mold) black spots above the bathroom and I told them and they came and painted no hassle and no other comments. Spots came back, so I emailed them again and they said that there is nothing more they can do so I should start showering with the window and door open, because there is no ventilation in the bathroom.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:05 AM   #32768
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You're fucked
    Peeps go to great lengths to not give back deposits
    Sounds like one of those situations
    Good luck
    aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-30-2015, 01:18 PM   #32769
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aicdmb View Post
    You're fucked
    Peeps go to great lengths to not give back deposits
    Sounds like one of those situations
    Good luck

I know the landlord only has a short time to tell former tenants they won't be giving back the security deposit. It has to be done in writing. If the former tenants aren't told in writing why the security deposit isn't returned they're entitled to the full security deposit back. Some states I believe say you're entitled to double and sometimes triple the security deposit back if you're not told why the deposit isn't being returned.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-01-2015, 06:03 AM   #32770
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Going through 3 minutes of phone prompts (bad enough on it's own) only to find out the place I'm calling isn't open yet.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-01-2015, 10:33 AM   #32771
    bmt322

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

People who work for a company that provides some sort of service - they come up with excuses about why they can't do something for a customer or client. Don't come up with excuses. At least tell the person you will see what you can do, damnit.
    Old 09-01-2015, 09:03 PM   #32772
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

This one might be kinda Defcon long, so I apologize in advance, but I need to rant for a bit.

So I was in Denver from Thursday to Monday night. I get a text from our roommate on Sunday telling me we got a code compliance warning from the City of Austin on Friday. I get home Monday night and it's for "Unsanitary Conditions" with a specification of "tall grass in front yard".

Okay. Yes, I've let my front yard go a bit. But how is that unsanitary? I'm not taking dumps in it. But whatever. I know I need to maintain my yard, so I'm not pissed at the city for doing their job. That said, code compliance is largely complaint based, meaning someone complained about my yard. This irritates me. If it was just someone driving by that felt the need to call and complain, fuck you, mind your own business. If it was one of my direct neighbors (of which I have 5, on my little street), I'm somewhat offended.

I've lived here 8 years. Two of my neighbors have lived here longer than that. Two more have been there between 3-5. That last one, about a year. So all of them should have noticed by now that I normally take care of my yard, and only in the past few months have I let it go. Not one of them came over to see if everything was okay. As some of you may have noticed from my other whinings here, I have been struggling with chronic pain in my neck and back. Even pulling the cord to start the mower would be really painful for me, and a full bit of yard work would just be too much. We used to have a guy who would do our yard, back before we got our own mower, but we haven't been able to get him out here. I'm hesitant to invite some lunatic off CL to my house to do it, so it's just kind of in limbo. Not anyone's problem, but mine, I understand, but if roles were reversed, and I gave a fuck about how one of my neighbor's yards had suddenly gone to shit, I would knock on their door and ask if they needed help.

So whatever, I need to do something about my yard. I worked a 12 hour shift today (9-9) but had resigned myself to at least go out front when I got home and do a little work it on by hand, trimming some of the tree sprouts and flower bed growth. I go to open my front door and it won't open. In just the last day or two, the heat had warped the door so the deadbolt wouldn't turn. So I spend the next half hour disassembling the deadbolt piece by piece, messing with the hinges and adjusting the strike plate so that the door will bolt/unbolt again. This was just a kick in the fucking sack that I really didn't need.

Then I got to do the yard work I had planned.

Fucking shit fucking hell. Now I'm into the rum.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 09-01-2015 at 09:11 PM.
    ExistenceNow is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2015, 01:25 AM   #32773
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

i never understood why people care so much about their yards. its one thing if you dont mow the grass all summer long, but letting it grow an extra couple weeks? who the fuck cares? theres much more important things in life than how tall grass is. if the city wants grass a certain length, they should be the ones cutting it. i grew up in a town that didnt have lawn codes and guess what, nobody had ridiculous overgrowth in their yards.
    Old 09-02-2015, 05:03 AM   #32774
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    i never understood why people care so much about their yards. its one thing if you dont mow the grass all summer long, but letting it grow an extra couple weeks? who the fuck cares? theres much more important things in life than how tall grass is. if the city wants grass a certain length, they should be the ones cutting it. i grew up in a town that didnt have lawn codes and guess what, nobody had ridiculous overgrowth in their yards.
    yeah my cousin lives in a city that has lawn codes, and it seems like a pain in the ass.

They are also not allowed to dig in their backyards, so you can't have a pool or anything also.
    DMBstandUP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2015, 05:05 AM   #32775
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    This one might be kinda Defcon long, so I apologize in advance, but I need to rant for a bit.

So I was in Denver from Thursday to Monday night. I get a text from our roommate on Sunday telling me we got a code compliance warning from the City of Austin on Friday. I get home Monday night and it's for "Unsanitary Conditions" with a specification of "tall grass in front yard".

Okay. Yes, I've let my front yard go a bit. But how is that unsanitary? I'm not taking dumps in it. But whatever. I know I need to maintain my yard, so I'm not pissed at the city for doing their job. That said, code compliance is largely complaint based, meaning someone complained about my yard. This irritates me. If it was just someone driving by that felt the need to call and complain, fuck you, mind your own business. If it was one of my direct neighbors (of which I have 5, on my little street), I'm somewhat offended.

I've lived here 8 years. Two of my neighbors have lived here longer than that. Two more have been there between 3-5. That last one, about a year. So all of them should have noticed by now that I normally take care of my yard, and only in the past few months have I let it go. Not one of them came over to see if everything was okay. As some of you may have noticed from my other whinings here, I have been struggling with chronic pain in my neck and back. Even pulling the cord to start the mower would be really painful for me, and a full bit of yard work would just be too much. We used to have a guy who would do our yard, back before we got our own mower, but we haven't been able to get him out here. I'm hesitant to invite some lunatic off CL to my house to do it, so it's just kind of in limbo. Not anyone's problem, but mine, I understand, but if roles were reversed, and I gave a fuck about how one of my neighbor's yards had suddenly gone to shit, I would knock on their door and ask if they needed help.

So whatever, I need to do something about my yard. I worked a 12 hour shift today (9-9) but had resigned myself to at least go out front when I got home and do a little work it on by hand, trimming some of the tree sprouts and flower bed growth. I go to open my front door and it won't open. In just the last day or two, the heat had warped the door so the deadbolt wouldn't turn. So I spend the next half hour disassembling the deadbolt piece by piece, messing with the hinges and adjusting the strike plate so that the door will bolt/unbolt again. This was just a kick in the fucking sack that I really didn't need.

Then I got to do the yard work I had planned.

Fucking shit fucking hell. Now I'm into the rum.
    That was a great rant

Also, Austin is my favorite city in the world. Never had more fun then the few months I spent there. Also got to stand on the sidelines at a UT Austin game...it was the game against Kansas 2005

Last edited by DMBstandUP1984; 09-02-2015 at 05:07 AM.
    Old 09-02-2015, 06:23 AM   #32776
    AlpineValley804
    Casey

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

There are people that think Kim Davis, the county clerk who refused to sign a marriage license for a gay couple, should be jailed for her actions. Losing her job is one thing, and I completely agree with such a consequence. Going to the lengths of getting jail time for it though just seems absurd to me. Are the streets really going to be more dangerous with her on them because of an action like this? The problem is solved once she loses her job. It's no longer an offense that she can repeat. Hold her accountable by terminating her position, and then let her be.
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Something about power boosts with anal plugs didn't quite put it above Shawshank Redemption for me
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Both movies do have anal, though.
    AlpineValley804 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2015, 06:27 AM   #32777
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlpineValley804 View Post
    There are people that think Kim Davis, the county clerk who refused to sign a marriage license for a gay couple, should be jailed for her actions. Losing her job is one thing, and I completely agree with such a consequence. Going to the lengths of getting jail time for it though just seems absurd to me. Are the streets really going to be more dangerous with her on them because of an action like this? The problem is solved once she loses her job. It's no longer an offense that she can repeat. Hold her accountable by terminating her position, and then let her be.

you listening to Opie and Jimmy?

Thats what they were just talking about
    Old 09-02-2015, 06:28 AM   #32778
    thebridge15

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

if she's that worried about going to hell for issuing marriage licenses to gay people, she should probably take this opportunity to become a nun or something

that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
    thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2015, 06:30 AM   #32779
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post
    if she's that worried about going to hell for issuing marriage licenses to gay people, she should probably take this opportunity to become a nun or something

what I don't get is why religious people pick and choose what they want to follow that was written in the bible, like they are in a buffet line.

I feel like if you're that into it, it should be all or nothing
    Old 09-02-2015, 06:31 AM   #32780
    AlpineValley804
    Casey

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    you listening to Opie and Jimmy?

Thats what they were just talking about
    No actually. Seeing articles about it on Facebook.

Would definitely be interested in hearing their take on it though.
    Something about power boosts with anal plugs didn't quite put it above Shawshank Redemption for me
    Quote:
    Old 09-02-2015, 06:31 AM   #32781
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It is an elected position so she can't be terminated, rather she has to be impeached.

I'd guess that the lawmakers of Kentucky don't want to impeach her as many many constituents who vote for said lawmakers support Kim Davis so the chances of her losing her job are unfortunately slim.

I'm irritated that it is 2015 and that I had to write the above paragraph.

The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think and the more anxiously I inquire; the less I seem to know.
    cazzie34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2015, 06:33 AM   #32782
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    No actually. Seeing articles about it on Facebook.

Would definitely be interested in hearing their take on it though.
    Jimmy was all about putting her in jail, but more for comedic purposes.

They didn't spend much time on it. He did say she looked like Warren Haynes which made me "just shut up and sing me soulshine"

Last edited by DMBstandUP1984; 09-02-2015 at 06:35 AM.
    Old 09-02-2015, 06:41 AM   #32783
    AlpineValley804
    Casey

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    It is an elected position so she can't be terminated, rather she has to be impeached.

I'd guess that the lawmakers of Kentucky don't want to impeach her as many many constituents who vote for said lawmakers support Kim Davis so the chances of her losing her job are unfortunately slim.

I'm irritated that it is 2015 and that I had to write the above paragraph.
    That certainly complicates things. Suing her and the county, as the gay couple has done, is also an action that I have no problem with in this particular scenario.
    Quote:
    Old 09-02-2015, 07:36 AM   #32784
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

My Tour Central Stats

In running with the above topic: people who misuse the meaning of "freedom of religion"/"religious freedom" when complaining about not being able to force their religious ideologies on others.

Another irritant I've seen on Facebook lately is the creation of the phrase "R-word". There are so many levels on why this shouldn't be used.
    Old 09-02-2015, 08:32 AM   #32785
    AlpineValley804
    Casey

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveHead36 View Post
    In running with the above topic: people who misuse the meaning of "freedom of religion"/"religious freedom" when complaining about not being able to force their religious ideologies on others.

Another irritant I've seen on Facebook lately is the creation of the phrase "R-word". There are so many levels on why this shouldn't be used.
    I haven't seen this R-word trend. Religion? Republican? Retarded?
    Quote:
    Old 09-02-2015, 09:30 AM   #32786
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Oh haha sorry, yes, retard/retarded. I've seen it littered on Facebook over some Ann Coulter tweet. Also a few people on my Facebook feed have been using this in various posts the past week or so.
    Old 09-02-2015, 09:33 AM   #32787
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveHead36 View Post

there is a great CK bit about white people saying N-Word
    Old 09-02-2015, 09:38 AM   #32788
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    Sort of related, but this can backfire too. My parents' township has some rule about trees overhanging on the road, and the developer has those little trees with vaguely oval shaped tops lining the roads, one tree every 30 feet maybe. Not only are the lowest branches probably 5 feet off the ground, they can't possibly extend more than a foot into the street, meaning not even close to where cars drive. But the township wanted them cut so they basically sheered off a slice of every tree. Think cutting a piece of fruit or something. They do this every once in a while whenever they grow back and it looks so dumb every time I see it.

Quote:
    If she's jailed, which she shouldn't be, you just know she'll become some like martyr for anti-gay people, so there's more reason not to jail her.

Quote:
    I'm assuming retarded, based on some backlash Ann Coulter is getting recently.
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #32789
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I was thinking the same thing about her being jailed. I'm sure her side would absolutely love for that to happen.
    Old 09-02-2015, 10:51 AM   #32790
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

An old and cliche one; selfies, but specifically when it's a close up of someone's face but they are talking about where they are...

In other words, there's a few people I'm Facebook friends with that post pictures with captions like "at the beautiful vineyard overlooking a river" or whatever, but the picture is just a face with a sliver of scenery in the background.

I'd much rather see this beautiful vineyard overlooking a river than your dumb face for the millionth time.
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote