Met Dave Matthews tonight ... IN THE STUDIO!! - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #31
jsfoster117

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Met Dave Matthews tonight ... IN THE STUDIO!!

Maybe trombone shorty?
Every once and a while, there are certain songs that just feel like the songwriters soul is poured into it. Halloween is one of those, IMO. That's why I find it so incredible.
jsfoster117 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #32
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YankeesDMB41 View Post
    "Dave is under contract for 2 solo albums" may be the most typed out sentence on this entire website...right ahead of "SU Sucks"

sorry, that title belongs to, and forever will belong to, "Dude, this is 'Angel from Montgomery' which Dave covered a couple of times, but I can't remember who originally played it."
    Old 02-05-2013, 01:09 AM   #33
    wildbill79

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Great find OP! Ive been hoping on this for a while. I knew after Roi passed the band still had some unfinished business with touring & Big whiskey then with the vibe & surplus of positive material it didn't surprise me at all to see them reunite with their old friend Lilly in the studio but we've heard drips & drabs of slowing down from a few of the guys thru the last few years. So it was my gut instinct that we'd get another summer out of their efforts but Dave would drift slightly back to single stuff playing with some new & old friends, make that 2nd solo statement then maybe hit the road a bit in celebration. I for one can't wait!!

My hope is that he does a series of small stops here & there with a core group of backup musicians(basic percussion, bass, small horn section) but blows each show away with different more ticket worthy friends to play with him. Once again I know I'm just dreaming but Trey, Tim, Bela, Robert Randolph, Zac Brown, Niel Young, Willie Nelson, Greg Allman, John Mayer, Eddie Vedder, etc. jus sayin I think the random excitement from each separate guest here & there would bring something extra & unique into each show on top of his standard songs you'd probably hear every other night if not more. Either way I can't wait to hear more & hope this solo stuff holds true & maybe, just maybe if we're lucky we'll get another late fall/early winter Dave & friends reunion!
    wildbill79 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 04:31 AM   #34
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Cool news
    420th jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 AM   #35
    RICHARD MORGAN

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pele0069!!!!! View Post
    Why the hell is everyone believing someone who has 20 posts?
    Lol .... I know it sounds crazy! I saw all over Facebook that he was in town. Someone posted on the "independence bowl foundation" Facebook page that they met him downtown and that Dave mentioned he was in town working at Blade studios. So since its only 5 minutes from my house I drove down there. As soon as I pulled in the parking lot about ten people were standing outside the loading dock with assorted "Wal-Mart" type guitars. Right as I walked up someone from the inside opened the double doors and let everyone in. Dave came and introduced himself and started signing the guitars. I quickly realized through the conversation that everyone was from the local St. Judes Hospital and it was an arranged "meet and great" type event. Some of the guitars seemed like they were their personal instruments, but I have a feeling some might be for future auction via St. Jude. There were other musicians there, but I didn’t recognize anyone, they definitely were not from DMB. I heard that Jakob Dylan was in town, but I’m not real familiar with him so unsure if he was there at the time. I told Dave I enjoyed his new album and that Snow outside was a new favorite of the wife and I. He said “I appreciate that”. I asked if he was here working on a new solo album and he just looked up and smiled. Richard

NNMCCWYOUNG@AOL.COM
    RICHARD MORGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 05:23 AM   #36
    Jan-Willem
    1430/3000

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Nice!!!!
    Jan-Willem is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #37
    SpotlightEyes
    Life is so peachy

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Make a Dave & Tim acoustic album of new songs, or don't bother. A shitty band (Dave & Friends was a god awful shitty band) behind Dave Matthews just does NOT sound right.
    Old 02-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #38
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
    Make a Dave & Tim acoustic album of new songs, or don't bother. A shitty band (Dave & Friends was a god awful shitty band) behind Dave Matthews just does NOT sound right.

You really think Dave and Friends was god awful? I realize this is your opinion but I feel you couldn't be more off on that one. I thought they were awesome!
    420th jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #39
    Pele0069!!!!!

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RICHARD MORGAN View Post
    Lol .... I know it sounds crazy! I saw all over Facebook that he was in town. Someone posted on the "independence bowl foundation" Facebook page that they met him downtown and that Dave mentioned he was in town working at Blade studios. So since its only 5 minutes from my house I drove down there. As soon as I pulled in the parking lot about ten people were standing outside the loading dock with assorted "Wal-Mart" type guitars. Right as I walked up someone from the inside opened the double doors and let everyone in. Dave came and introduced himself and started signing the guitars. I quickly realized through the conversation that everyone was from the local St. Judes Hospital and it was an arranged "meet and great" type event. Some of the guitars seemed like they were their personal instruments, but I have a feeling some might be for future auction via St. Jude. There were other musicians there, but I didn’t recognize anyone, they definitely were not from DMB. I heard that Jakob Dylan was in town, but I’m not real familiar with him so unsure if he was there at the time. I told Dave I enjoyed his new album and that Snow outside was a new favorite of the wife and I. He said “I appreciate that”. I asked if he was here working on a new solo album and he just looked up and smiled. Richard
    I just am wondering why everyone is jumping to conclusions about a solo album. You probably met him just because he is doing work in a studio doesn't mean anything significant.

As far as the 04 thing; many people make multiple profiles.

Hey I hope its true but come on there is more information on here which turns out to be either fake or wrong than there is information that turns out to be true.
    Pele0069!!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #40
    Kevaroo
    I'm the .1%

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    He's contracted for at least 2 according to what people on here have been saying for years, so you sort of have no choice.

Why, Some Devil is a great record. Little change of pace is good.
    This a million times
    Kevaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #41
    jwehaeDMB
    Juice

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YankeesDMB41 View Post
    "Dave is under contract for 2 solo albums" may be the most typed out sentence on this entire website...right ahead of "SU Sucks"
    So glad someone said this. I take the truth behind that with a grain of salt.
    Atlanta 2006, my wife and I enjoyed a great show. I drank moderately and had a bite to eat before leaving. Upon our arrival home we had intercourse in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation. A child was concieved and is now the light of our lives.
    jwehaeDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #42
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

The person that tweeted that he hung out with them said "can't really say much... but side project in the work."

At first I was skeptical, now I'm intrigued.
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #43
    CapnHani06
    JMU Duuuuuuuuukes

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jsfoster117 View Post
    Maybe trombone shorty?

- Sean
    CapnHani06 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #44
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I'm just as excited he's in the studio as I am that he's working with Jakob Dylan. I loved his first solo album and would love to seem them put something out together. That's a great combo. I really hope we see a Dave solo album. Some Devil is great and has left me wanting more.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #45
    ramiro24
    Hurricane Rozz

Shows Seen: 74

My Tour Central Stats

if anything it prolly is just an album dylan is working on and dave is lending a hand and helping on a few songs? this is what my gut feeling is telling me anyways. not sure it would be an entire solo album. could be wrong though.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
    Rozz, you are always partying, even when you're not
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    We all go a little Rozz sometimes
    ramiro24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #46
    Gene Parmesan

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

He could be in town filming for a movie and just recording a song or two. Shreveport is known much more for movie making than music making.
    Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #47
    LetYouDown22
    LetYouDown22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thank you for the good laugh. I really needed one today and this did not disappoint. I'd take another show like D&F Allstate 2003 any day of the week. 2nd best show I've seen in 10 years. D&F 2003 Tour >>>>> DMB Fall 2012 Tour (and probably a lot more).
    LetYouDown22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #48
    swdmbstl

My Tour Central Stats

Blade studios is at least partially run/owned by Brady Blade. Played drums with Dave and Friends. Played on Some Devil also. Doesn't make it a solo project, but does thicken the plot though.

If Dave is just helping out on a Dylan/Wallflowers project, that could explain the connection.
    swdmbstl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #49
    Randyregan87

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

has anyone thought about it being a tribute album or something like he just did for John Denver?
    Old 02-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #50
    RICHARD MORGAN

My Tour Central Stats

The Facebook page for Blade Studio mentioned that they did a session with Jakob Dylan, Sexton Brothers, and Blade last month (No mention of Dave Matthews). Considering Jakob Dylan and Dave are both in town this week at the same time my guesses would be:

A) Jakob Dylan returned a month later and Dave his here to help produce Dylan’s project.

B) Jakob Dylan, Sexton Brothers, Blade, and Dave are working on a collaborated project.

C) It’s just coincidence that Jakob Dylan and Dave are here the same week and are working on two separate solo projects.

D) Like someone mentioned earlier, they do film allot of movies in this area. Maybe it’s a soundtrack project?

I drove by there today at lunch. There’s still allot of people going in and out (It’s a single door facility and normally very quite). They still have a Caddo Sheriff car parked out front, they’ve had a Sherriff posted there the last few days and I’ve never seen that before. Probably because of stalkers like me! But of course, I’ll swing by there again in a few hours on my way home from work.

NNMCCWYOUNG@AOL.COM

Last edited by RICHARD MORGAN; 02-05-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    Old 02-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #51
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Where are we getting 2 contractually obligated solo albums by Dave from now?

This "studio obligation" thing is a funny trend around here

Before going in for Big Whiskey, they had 1 full band 1 Dave solo left on the contract

After Big Whiskey they had 1 full band 1 Dave solo left on the contract

After AFTW I've seen where they still have 1 full band 1 Dave solo left.

Now 2 Dave solos?

We can't even get stuff we really don't know straight
    btpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #52
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I would prefer to get DMB until DMB is officially done. Dave will have plenty of years ahead for solo work when the band calls it quits.

As far as Dave and Friends being a shitty band...I don't completely disagree. To call them shitty may be a stretch. They made a GREAT studio band. But having listened to some live shows, I was unimpressed. Obviously DMB has had years to get tighter and tighter, but D+F always sounded sloppy to me. I also was not a fan of half the cover songs they chose to play.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #53
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #54
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    Where are we getting 2 contractually obligated solo albums by Dave from now?

This "studio obligation" thing is a funny trend around here

Before going in for Big Whiskey, they had 1 full band 1 Dave solo left on the contract

After Big Whiskey they had 1 full band 1 Dave solo left on the contract

After AFTW I've seen where they still have 1 full band 1 Dave solo left.

Now 2 Dave solos?

We can't even get stuff we really don't know straight
    I said two as in he is contracted for two, fulfilled 1, has one more to go.
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #55
    berman1125

Shows Seen: 84

My Tour Central Stats

i would be shocked if something comes out of this under daves name
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zrroot View Post
    Do You Remember has been played 92 times since 2017. Dreaming Tree has been played 99 times since 1998
    berman1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #56
    berman1125

Shows Seen: 84

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dannyyankou View Post
    The person that tweeted that he hung out with them said "can't really say much... but side project in the work."

At first I was skeptical, now I'm intrigued.
    he will probably be featured on something, just my hunch...but who knows everyone is speculating here
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zrroot View Post
    Do You Remember has been played 92 times since 2017. Dreaming Tree has been played 99 times since 1998
    berman1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #57
    jj157

Shows Seen: 24

My Tour Central Stats

also this talk about how many records is left shouldn't even be discussed. Label deals are notoriously confidential and anything said about them is almost certainly speculation.
    jj157 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #58
    TSlick7
    Farmers farm

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Where's Stan the Man at? He needs to infiltrate the studio
    TSlick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #59
    RICHARD MORGAN

My Tour Central Stats

Well ……. Just left the studio. I sat outside for about 30 minutes and guess who pulls up at 3:45pm in a black Tahoe? DAVE! I took a pic with him and asked for one of his signature sketches (I brought photo paper and a sharpie with me). He was SUPER SUPER chill! So … as he’s sketching we had a conversation:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]Me: So you’re in town working on a new CD?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]Dave: I am![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]Me: Awesome! A solo project? I loved your last one![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]Dave: Not exactly. More like a collaboration with some friends.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]Me: Oh! Like the previous “Dave and Friends” project?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]Dave: Exactly! But this time we brought in Jakob Dylan, and a few other special guests.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]He then thanked me for my service (I was in uniform). I again told him how much I enjoyed the last album and Snow Outside was me and the wife’s favorite new song. We then just kept thanking each other a few more times lol …[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]So … there you have it …. Dave and friends to include Jakob Dylan coming soon via Blade studios. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Richard[/SIZE]

NNMCCWYOUNG@AOL.COM

Last edited by RICHARD MORGAN; 02-05-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    Old 02-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #60
    jj157

Shows Seen: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Richard can you attach the picture?
    jj157 is offline   Reply With Quote