***Ants Movie of the Week Series**** - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 06-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #1
AlpineValley804
Casey

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

***Ants Movie of the Week Series****

Hello everyone. We've been discussing in the Last Movie You Watched thread for the past couple days about bringing back the Ants Movie series. Some of you may remember quite a few years back when myself and LA (thebestauntie) ran a series where we picked a movie to each week and we all viewed it as a watch party together every Sunday evening.

We're going to do it a bit differently this time - getting people to commit to joining us proved to be exceptionally difficult and the series was short-lived because it just wasn't worth the effort. We're taking the book club format this time around, where we can watch the movie on our own time and discuss it at our leisure. I'm excited about a few of the advantages to this. There are literally no rules on what we pick - no runtime limit and foreign films are much more doable now that we won't be multitasking between watching and chatting.

So here's how the selection process is going to work. Bo was kind enough to buy a bingo cage. If there's a movie you would like to have viewed, shoot me a private message by 6 PM PST every Sunday and it will be eligible for the drawing that will take place on Tuesday evenings. Submissions for the movie

This process will be done for certain two out of the four weeks every month. I would like to also suggest the idea that once out of every month we will pick a movie that is currently in theaters. The selection for this will be simple - we will take 10 upcoming releases, create a poll, and the top vote getter will be the month's selection. However, we know a lot of people's time is limited so we'd appreciate feedback on whether we actually want to make this a part of the series.

The last selection process is the most fun of the bunch. Bo and I will be switching off as hosts each month of a live trivia challenge via Twitch. We will try and do the event 6 PM PST Sunday night as often as possible, though we are open to working with people's schedules.

Here are the ground rules:

1. Trivia challenges will begin with four competitors. Contestants are picked on first come, first serve basis. If you're one of the first four to enter into the chat room and only want to spectate, you are welcome to waive your right to play and pass the mantle onto the next person to enter the room.

2. The first round will have nine questions, each worth one point each. We will be using the honor system for this, so the first person to answer correctly wins the point. The contestant with the least amount of points at the end of Round 1 will be eliminated.

3. Round 2 is a betting round. Three questions will be asked and you can wager up to three points on each question. Contestant with the lowest score is eliminated.

4. In the last round between the final two contestants, each contestant is asked 5 questions. The contestant will 15 seconds to answer each question. The one who answers the most correctly out of five is the winner and gets to pick the week's movie. In the event of a tie, there will be a sudden death question.

That's everything for now. Look forward to getting people's entries.
Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
Something about power boosts with anal plugs didn't quite put it above Shawshank Redemption for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
Both movies do have anal, though.
AlpineValley804 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-25-2017, 03:12 PM   #2
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Ants Movie of the Week Series****

Probably won't be participating in the trivia, but I will absolutely be participating in the suggestions and watched hing and commenting.
    It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote