***Chula Vista 09/07/12*** - Page 12 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 09-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #331
efraser77
026 | Grux Abides

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420th jimi View Post
Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it tonight Erik. That's a bummer.
Oh I'm still going, but my sister and her boyfriend backed out.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #332
    Fitz3641

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes, I believe page two or so. I can dig it up if you'd like.

Easy remedy for this folks. Being a local, I don't let this info out too often. Here is a quick way to get to the show and avoid all the traffic.

Head down the 5 South to the 905 East. Take it until you get to some traffic lights, about 4-5 miles. Turn left at Heritage Rd. (there will be a traffic light at Heritage). Make your first left, it will look like you are going into junk yard row. Hang the first right (only way the street goes) and this street will bring you up from the south side of the amphitheatre. As well, it will put you closest to the tailgate area as well. Just hang the first left into the venue and then another left into the parking lot, and then one more left to take you to the tailgate.

Sounds difficult but it is real easy. No traffic, except the few locals that know about the "back way".

Map to the tailgate is in my signature below.
    Does the recent 905 work impact this route? I'm not sure 905 just continues onto Otay Mesa Rd anymore; I think you may have to take exit 3 at Caliente to get to Otay Mesa Rd?

I'm a San Diegan and will be going to tonight's show (first DMB show since June 27, 2008 in Hersey; 28th overall DMB show!) but haven't been down towards Chula Vista in quite a while.
    Fitz3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #333
    danbob05

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

My brother and I have an extra ticket for tonight's show. Reserved seats. Asking 90 bux, face plus fees. We can meet before the show tonight if your interested. Pm me if you're in need.

On another note...stoked for the show tonight.
    This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER." -Friar Tuck-
    danbob05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #334
    dmbcrazyfan

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone know what time they open the gates for people with PIT tickets to start finding a spot?
    dmbcrazyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #335
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes, I believe page two or so. I can dig it up if you'd like.

Easy remedy for this folks. Being a local, I don't let this info out too often. Here is a quick way to get to the show and avoid all the traffic.

Head down the 5 South to the 905 East. Take it until you get to some traffic lights, about 4-5 miles. Turn left at Heritage Rd. (there will be a traffic light at Heritage). Make your first left, it will look like you are going into junk yard row. Hang the first right (only way the street goes) and this street will bring you up from the south side of the amphitheatre. As well, it will put you closest to the tailgate area as well. Just hang the first left into the venue and then another left into the parking lot, and then one more left to take you to the tailgate.

Sounds difficult but it is real easy. No traffic, except the few locals that know about the "back way".

Map to the tailgate is in my signature below.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fitz3641 View Post
    Does the recent 905 work impact this route? I'm not sure 905 just continues onto Otay Mesa Rd anymore; I think you may have to take exit 3 at Caliente to get to Otay Mesa Rd?

I'm a San Diegan and will be going to tonight's show (first DMB show since June 27, 2008 in Hersey; 28th overall DMB show!) but haven't been down towards Chula Vista in quite a while.

Fitz brought up a good point. I'm not sure that the 905 goes through anymore. I just looked online and they said the Heritage Road off ramp has not been completed which totally blows going the "back way". You might want to plan for going the regular way and I apologize for any inconvenience I might have caused anybody.
    Old 09-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #336
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

My Tour Central Stats

For those going the back way, there is a slight change in the route. You go down the 905 and get off at Otay Mesa Rd and continue east (this is the road that the 905 used to merge into). Then go down and take a left at Heritage. Here is a link to help you out. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have created. But it still goes that way. Here's the link. Keep in mind the link comes from a point between the 5 South and the 805 South. It would be less traffic to take the 5 South and then get on the 905 East:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=2...us&mra=ls&z=13

Old 09-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #337
    Stouggies

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

So Adam, do you think exit 3 at Caliente off the 905 is closed? I was thinking about goint that way then catch Otaymesa Rd. at that point. Thanks for researching all these traffic changes, you screen name today should be 420jimisdtrafficreporter
    Stouggies is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #338
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

My Tour Central Stats

It looks like Otay Mesa Rd is open and you can get off there. It used to be that the 905 merged directly onto Otay Mesa but now you just grab the exit for Otay Mesa Rd east.

Merge onto CA-905 E
    2.3 mi
    Continue onto Otay Mesa Rd
    1.6 mi
    Turn left onto Heritage Rd
    0.3 mi
    Turn left onto Datsun St
    0.1 mi
    Take the 1st right onto Otay Valley Rd
    0.6 mi
    Continue straight onto Heritage Rd
    0.4 mi
    Turn left onto Entertainment Cir

You're there.
    Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #339
    Yield151

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

So the back way is still good but we just use otay Mesa instead of 905 to heritage? Just making sure I understand that right. See you all soon!
    Yield151 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #340
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

From many years and hours spent in traffic going to this venue, regardless of how you get there today, bottom line leave early and avoid traffic. Friday traffic sucks in SD. Cool thing about getting there early you get great parking and more time to tailgate.

Going to miss not being there today/tonight. Would stay up and setlist watch, but 11:40 (about the time they go on stage with 3+ hours for EDT) is past my bedtime. Will check out the setlist tomorrow. Fingers crossed for PFWYG. Sing a little Happy Birthday for Roi, and don't be surprised if they play The Maker. If I recall, Roi really loved that song.
    Old 09-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #341
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Yield151 View Post
    So the back way is still good but we just use otay Mesa instead of 905 to heritage? Just making sure I understand that right. See you all soon!
    905 used to merge right into Otay Mesa. Now you get off and go down Otay Mesa Rd and the 905 now continues on as a freeway past that point. There is a link to look at a few posts up.

Last edited by 420th jimi; 09-07-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    420th jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #342
    jbeck417
    Becker

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

On my way to the show with the wife and my buddy and his wife. Just coming from the gorge, looking to keep the party going! This will be my first show in the pit, can't wait! What time does the gate open to try and get a good spot in the pit?
    Raleigh, NC 08/09- STL '10- D&T '10 Vegas N1/N2- Lakeside Caravan N2/N3- STL '12- Gorge x3 '12- Chula Vista '12- Irvine '12- Hollywood Bowl '12- Dallas '13- STL '13- Gorge x3 '13- Gorge x3 '14- Irvine '14- Camden x2 '15
    jbeck417 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #343
    cheech416

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

First Chula Vista show...What time do the parking lots open for tailgating??
    cheech416 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #344
    SuzyQB

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Looks like I'll be going this show alone this year.. my fellow Dave fans have all left San Diego.. can anyone join in on the tailgate in hopes of making some new friends??
    SuzyQB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #345
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SuzyQB View Post
    Looks like I'll be going this show alone this year.. my fellow Dave fans have all left San Diego.. can anyone join in on the tailgate in hopes of making some new friends??
    Absolutely anyone can join in. We'd like to see you there.

There is a link below in my signature to where we tailgate.
    Old 09-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #346
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cheech416 View Post
    First Chula Vista show...What time do the parking lots open for tailgating??

I usually go about 1:30 pm but I am going to get there later this year, maybe 3:00 pm instead. Hopefully someone will already be there and have something set up I am so low on funds I'm not sure I will be able to bring beer and food this year. I'll try to bring my grill and some coolers at least.
    Old 09-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #347
    kitkatjam22

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

So I woke up this morning thinking.... shit! I have a lot to do for work, I woke up late, I didn't have my ticket for Chula Vista yet, no one got back to me about going or told me they couldn't, and I live in LA. I was about to have a thought... "Maybe I just won't go." Then another thought kicked that thoughts ass and said, wait... Ticketmaster usually has great singles the day of. Let me check, and if there is a pit ticket, I'm going alone. Sure enough... ONE pit ticket was available. I gladly announce that I BOUGHT THAT SHIT!!!!!!!!!! (and yes I'm sad I almost had the thought of not going at all. I was in the pit at CV last year with my sister and it was incredible. On top of all this, I just realized it's Roi's bday and I was at the show in LA when he passed. I had no idea and cried my manly little eyes out in front of my ex who looked at me funny (she is my ex for a reason obviously). I'd like to think Roi helped me a little with that last pit ticket. Happy bday Roi!

I hope to see fellow ants! If anyone is leaving from Orange County today, PM me and maybe we can carpool. My parents live in Newport Beach which is where I will be heading back to after the show.
    kitkatjam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #348
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kitkatjam22 View Post
    So I woke up this morning thinking.... shit! I have a lot to do for work, I woke up late, I didn't have my ticket for Chula Vista yet, no one got back to me about going or told me they couldn't, and I live in LA. I was about to have a thought... "Maybe I just won't go." Then another thought kicked that thoughts ass and said, wait... Ticketmaster usually has great singles the day of. Let me check, and if there is a pit ticket, I'm going alone. Sure enough... ONE pit ticket was available. I gladly announce that I BOUGHT THAT SHIT!!!!!!!!!! (and yes I'm sad I almost had the thought of not going at all. I was in the pit at CV last year with my sister and it was incredible. On top of all this, I just realized it's Roi's bday and I was at the show in LA when he passed. I had no idea and cried my manly little eyes out in front of my ex who looked at me funny (she is my ex for a reason obviously). I'd like to think Roi helped me a little with that last pit ticket. Happy bday Roi!

I hope to see fellow ants! If anyone is leaving from Orange County today, PM me and maybe we can carpool. My parents live in Newport Beach which is where I will be heading back to after the show.

Awesome you scored a last minute pit ticket. I'm sure Roi had a hand in that, no doubt. See you there, I'm in pit too.
    Old 09-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #349
    jtr101
    The river taste me

Shows Seen: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbcrazyfan View Post
    Anyone know what time they open the gates for people with PIT tickets to start finding a spot?
    I'm wondering the same thing actually, want to make sure I beat some of the traffic getting there as well.

Is there a merch stand outside the gates at this venue?
    Old 09-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #350
    dmbcrazyfan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jtr101 View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing actually, want to make sure I beat some of the traffic getting there as well.

Is there a merch stand outside the gates at this venue?
    Someone out there has to know when the gates open and when we can get wristbands for the PIT.
    Old 09-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #351
    antsmarching777
    ZOT! ZOT! ZOT!

My Tour Central Stats

Jut got in the parking lots and went to will call. Tickets will be available at the Warehouse tent next will call at 3pm.
    antsmarching777 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #352
    dmbcrazyfan

My Tour Central Stats

do you know what time they will give people wristbands, or let people in to the PIT?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by antsmarching777 View Post
    Jut got in the parking lots and went to will call. Tickets will be available at the Warehouse tent next will call at 3pm.
    Old 09-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #353
    antsmarching777
    ZOT! ZOT! ZOT!

My Tour Central Stats

I imagine they would give the wristbands at the same time because it's the same tent. I'm not sure what time they're letting us in. I'll ask when I get my tickets.
    Old 09-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #354
    dmbcrazyfan

My Tour Central Stats

Thank you very much. Just trying to figure out how early I need to try and get out of my office.

Quote:
    I imagine they would give the wristbands at the same time because it's the same tent. I'm not sure what time they're letting us in. I'll ask when I get my tickets.
    Old 09-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #355
    jtr101
    The river taste me

Shows Seen: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thx guys!
    Old 09-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #356
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Here's your filthy poster, children
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg photo(30).jpg (80.3 KB, 31 views)

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #357
    dmbcrazyfan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jtr101 View Post
    Thx guys!
    Does anyone know if we already have our warehouse PIT tickets in hand, where we go to get wristbands and is it true that warehouse PIT ticket holders get in a little earlier?
    Old 09-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #358
    antsmarching777
    ZOT! ZOT! ZOT!

My Tour Central Stats

This is chaos! So will call is giving out tickets and then you go to the tent for wristbands. They have yet to bring tickets over so we are waiting. They will let us in the venue at 6:30 supposedly.
    Old 09-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #359
    dmbcrazyfan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This is chaos! So will call is giving out tickets and then you go to the tent for wristbands. They have yet to bring tickets over so we are waiting. They will let us in the venue at 6:30 supposedly.
    So nobody gets in before 6:30? (seems late) What is the chaos? Just that things are delayed or there are tons of people?
    Old 09-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #360
    antsmarching777
    ZOT! ZOT! ZOT!

My Tour Central Stats

No one seems to know what's going on and they don't have our tickets yet.