Man Of Steel 2/Superman vs Batman (2015) - Page 25 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 10-16-2014, 05:19 AM   #721
M. Steng
Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Man Of Steel 2/Superman vs Batman (2015)

There's no chance they get Will Smith for that movie. I'd be shocked if they got Hardy to do another superhero movie, too. Those guys are just too big to be part of an ensemble cast in a movie with lesser-known characters. Will Smith would be more appropriate for John Stewart than any of the black Suicide Squad members.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-16-2014, 05:30 AM   #722
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    There's no chance they get Will Smith for that movie. I'd be shocked if they got Hardy to do another superhero movie, too. Those guys are just too big to be part of an ensemble cast in a movie with lesser-known characters. Will Smith would be more appropriate for John Stewart than any of the black Suicide Squad members.
    Don't get me wrong. I don't want Gosling to take it either. He can do much better and deserves his own flagship franchise or a key role in an established franchise.

I know he's still in the conversation to play Doctor Strange, but I'd love him to be a part of the GOTG universe as either Adam Warlock or Nova, preferably the former.
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-16-2014, 05:35 AM   #723
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

PS- how long until chadizzy makes threads for all these movies?

"Green Lantern Reboot-- coming 2020"

just bustin chops man
    Old 10-16-2014, 05:40 AM   #724
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

just bustin chops man
    He should just do it now. It will be annoying for a day or two, but then they'll slip into the abyss and be bumped as needed.
    Old 10-16-2014, 06:21 AM   #725
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    That's the part that I can't help but find kind of strange. They're bothering to follow the whole Marvel model in so far as trying to build this connected cinematic universe, but pretty much at the same time, with one of the "B characters", if you will, build up a TV series centered on him that's got absolutely nothing to do with the movies? Two entirely separate Flashes at more or less the same time on the big and small screens.

and, I realize that apparently such a thing has been done in the actual comics before, two different writers/illustrators telling separate stories at once with the same character, but you have to know it's simply different in that medium. The situations can't really be compared.

btw, so what's the deal with Aquaman, can he breath thru both water and oxygen? or does he need some kind of special device with one of them?
    If you get a chance to check out New 52 Aquaman I highly suggest it. It's been a really fun read so far.

Quote:

just bustin chops man
    I came very close to starting a Justice League thread and held off and posted the info here. Thought people might think I was going Dizzy
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-16-2014, 06:43 AM   #726
    Hilly

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

I'm not a comic guy, but I really like all the Marvel movies. I will now blindly give any of those Marvel movies my money until they disappoint. I know nothing about Dr. Strange or Antman, but I'll be there.

This series has yet to excite me. I haven't seen Superman yet, and maybe that will help. I hope they can maintain the entertainment quality the way Marvel has.
    Old 10-16-2014, 07:13 AM   #727
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    I'm not a comic guy, but I really like all the Marvel movies. I will now blindly give any of those Marvel movies my money until they disappoint. I know nothing about Dr. Strange or Antman, but I'll be there.

This series has yet to excite me. I haven't seen Superman yet, and maybe that will help. I hope they can maintain the entertainment quality the way Marvel has.
    Man of Steel is awesome. Just don't go in thinking you're going to see a Christopher Reeves Superman. The original 2 Superman movies are classic and will always standout as superb Superman movies. They're great for the time they were released and are a good ode to the classic Superman comics. That said, I think Man of Steel is the best film adaptation of Superman. The biggest thing for me was that it was the first Superman movie to fully embrace his strengths and powers. You'll hear people say the destruction at the end is not characteristic of Superman and that he caused more damage than good, but people forget that you have two superhumans fighting at full strength. It's going to get ugly. I also think people need to suspend belief a bit (given it's a movie about a super man that can fly and see through walls etc.) and hope the city was evacuated in time.
    Old 10-16-2014, 07:21 AM   #728
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post

The newest Man of Steel was really good. It's definitely worth a watch.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #729
    javierm27

Shows Seen: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That's the part that I can't help but find kind of strange. They're bothering to follow the whole Marvel model in so far as trying to build this connected cinematic universe, but pretty much at the same time, with one of the "B characters", if you will, build up a TV series centered on him that's got absolutely nothing to do with the movies? Two entirely separate Flashes at more or less the same time on the big and small screens.

and, I realize that apparently such a thing has been done in the actual comics before, two different writers/illustrators telling separate stories at once with the same character, but you have to know it's simply different in that medium. The situations can't really be compared.

btw, so what's the deal with Aquaman, can he breath thru both water and oxygen? or does he need some kind of special device with one of them?
    I think you have to realize a couple of things, while they are trying to build their cinematic universe, I don't think that connecting shows to movies is as important to them. You never know how TV shows are going to turn out, they may get cancelled, there is usually a lack of quality when you think about TV and movie actors, and if you build up this connection, what happens in a scenario when a show gets canned? At the same time, the shows allow you to create a back story for characters that you may not have time for in a movie. If you try so hard to connect the two you are putting limits and constraints on the writers for both mediums. The show writers/producers will have to meet with the movie writers/producers to make sure that they are in sync, which honestly can become disastrous.
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-16-2014, 01:40 PM   #730
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.slashfilm.com/batman-v-su...ge-new-mexico/
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #731
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by javierm27 View Post
    I think you have to realize a couple of things, while they are trying to build their cinematic universe, I don't think that connecting shows to movies is as important to them. You never know how TV shows are going to turn out, they may get cancelled, there is usually a lack of quality when you think about TV and movie actors, and if you build up this connection, what happens in a scenario when a show gets canned? At the same time, the shows allow you to create a back story for characters that you may not have time for in a movie. If you try so hard to connect the two you are putting limits and constraints on the writers for both mediums. The show writers/producers will have to meet with the movie writers/producers to make sure that they are in sync, which honestly can become disastrous.

well hang on, either you're connecting the shows with the movies or you're not, you can't have it both ways (and obviously by "you" I mean the execs, not YOU lol). So you can't like create a show with a totally different actor for the character, but then as we go along say "okay so what's happening in this particular episode is further background info for the big JL guy".

but I totally get you on the concern about TV that that's more susceptible to taking hits and being canceled early. The main reason why I'd been saying for a long damn time, that even though they took forever to give Agents Of Shield a s2 greenlight, I had no doubt it would happen, because that series would get much longer of a leash than most other new network hour-longs, especially with not great ratings, because it's tied into this other material the studio has a fuck ton of money and resources invested in. But so anyway, I'm thinking, with all the different characters you could go to for a TV series, it does still seem kind of odd to then pick one that you're also creating new for the film franchise at about the same time.

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-17-2014, 05:13 AM   #732
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

I think it's so dumb to have to worry about having all properties "inter-connected" or whatever. I think the thing that works best about Arrow is that they've created their own universe to function in and not had to worry about some burden over their heads at all times. I think the same thing will happen with the Flash. And I think it does make sense to have them lay groundwork on TV so that audiences are more familiar with the character once the movie rolls around, even if it's not set in the same fictional world.
    Old 10-17-2014, 06:21 AM   #733
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    well hang on, either you're connecting the shows with the movies or you're not, you can't have it both ways (and obviously by "you" I mean the execs, not YOU lol). So you can't like create a show with a totally different actor for the character, but then as we go along say "okay so what's happening in this particular episode is further background info for the big JL guy".

but I totally get you on the concern about TV that that's more susceptible to taking hits and being canceled early. The main reason why I'd been saying for a long damn time, that even though they took forever to give Agents Of Shield a s2 greenlight, I had no doubt it would happen, because that series would get much longer of a leash than most other new network hour-longs, especially with not great ratings, because it's tied into this other material the studio has a fuck ton of money and resources invested in. But so anyway, I'm thinking, with all the different characters you could go to for a TV series, it does still seem kind of odd to then pick one that you're also creating new for the film franchise at about the same time.
    I don't think he was saying that they're actually still connecting the show to the movies. I think he was simply giving the downside of having a show and the upside of a show. Downside that the show can be cancelled, upside being that the writers have more time to develop a back story to the character.
    Old 10-17-2014, 06:51 AM   #734
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    I mentioned this last week, it looks like it could be a real thing.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/17/robi...man-lex-lutho/

"An anonymous extra joined WILX News 10, claiming that the scene being shot at an Art Museum on Michigan State University campus will feature a physical altercation between Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor. They also say there will be fireworks, paparazzi and "heavy special effects." A military presence will be expected, according to the reporter because of the altercation between Waye and Luthor (so...probably more than just some pushing and shoving on the red carpet).

Most interestingly, though, Robin reportedly appears in the script...and is a female."
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-17-2014, 07:33 AM   #735
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    I mentioned this last week, it looks like it could be a real thing.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/17/robi...man-lex-lutho/

"An anonymous extra joined WILX News 10, claiming that the scene being shot at an Art Museum on Michigan State University campus will feature a physical altercation between Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor. They also say there will be fireworks, paparazzi and "heavy special effects." A military presence will be expected, according to the reporter because of the altercation between Waye and Luthor (so...probably more than just some pushing and shoving on the red carpet).

Most interestingly, though, Robin reportedly appears in the script...and is a female."
    I just want to see a trailer let alone the whole movie! I get more and more excited for this thing. Definitely watching Man of Steel tonight.
    Old 10-17-2014, 07:58 AM   #736
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Reports are that everyone but Gosling is close to signing on at this point.

http://collider.com/will-smith-tom-h...suicide-squad/
    Old 10-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #737
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Quote:
    I think it's so dumb to have to worry about having all properties "inter-connected" or whatever. I think the thing that works best about Arrow is that they've created their own universe to function in and not had to worry about some burden over their heads at all times. I think the same thing will happen with the Flash. And I think it does make sense to have them lay groundwork on TV so that audiences are more familiar with the character once the movie rolls around, even if it's not set in the same fictional world.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH5 View Post
    I don't think he was saying that they're actually still connecting the show to the movies. I think he was simply giving the downside of having a show and the upside of a show. Downside that the show can be cancelled, upside being that the writers have more time to develop a back story to the character.
    Yes, this is what I was getting at, and what a show allows them to do for a character.
    Old 10-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #738
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post

I would honestly be shocked if it happened, but it's definitely good news. Will Smith would have to play Bronze Tiger, right?
    Old 10-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #739
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I would honestly be shocked if it happened, but it's definitely good news. Will Smith would have to play Bronze Tiger, right?
    That would work. The problem is that at this point we don't even know which characters the team will be comprised of.
    Old 10-17-2014, 10:13 AM   #740
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barsto...football-team/

Pretty funny stuff. Ben is looking jacked city.
    Old 10-17-2014, 10:39 AM   #741
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Quote:
    Quote:
    That would work. The problem is that at this point we don't even know which characters the team will be comprised of.
    I think the director they have attached is also helping to bring in these names if it ends up being the ones that are listed. Robbie would be great as Harley Quinn.
    Old 10-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #742
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think the director they have attached is also helping to bring in these names if it ends up being the ones that are listed. Robbie would be great as Harley Quinn.
    If there's a Harley Quinn, that means there has to be a Joker out there somewhere, right?
    Old 10-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #743
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Actors are chomping at the bit to work with David Ayer. And yeah, Robbie is perfectly suited for that role. She basically just has to re-hash her accent from The Wolf of Wall Street.
    Old 10-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #744
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'd actually be shocked if Will Smith DOESN'T take a role. That dude needs a serious career boost as of recent. Never saw After Earth but heard it was terrible, Men In Black 3 was awful, Seven Pounds was OK (I looked and it said it was successful in the box office but it was panned by critics), Hancock was really just an OK movie. That said, I feel as though he could be looking to boost his presence and get back to having his name attached to some big blockbusters like he used to.
    Old 10-22-2014, 01:50 PM   #745
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

Outline of what's in store for fans, between DC and Marvel.

http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-con...4/10/960-1.jpg
    Old 10-22-2014, 02:32 PM   #746
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Outline of what's in store for fans, between DC and Marvel.

http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-con...4/10/960-1.jpg
    That made me so excited to see. Sad we have to wait until 2017 to see another Guardians of the Galaxy.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-23-2014, 06:14 AM   #747
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

With the new Avengers trailer coming out it's made me really anxious to get some footage from this movie. Fans capturing video of the Batmobile in Detroit was cool but I need something official. Hopefully when we're about one year out or so we can get a sneak peek or a teaser trailer. Even an official release of the Comic-Con footage would be great, but I know they've already said that won't be released.
    Old 10-23-2014, 08:20 AM   #748
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    With the new Avengers trailer coming out it's made me really anxious to get some footage from this movie. Fans capturing video of the Batmobile in Detroit was cool but I need something official. Hopefully when we're about one year out or so we can get a sneak peek or a teaser trailer. Even an official release of the Comic-Con footage would be great, but I know they've already said that won't be released.
    I'm thinking they may release something with the Hobbit.
    Old 10-23-2014, 08:43 AM   #749
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

I can't believe we still have more than another year and a half until this comes out.
    Old 10-23-2014, 01:22 PM   #750
    fridge112887
    William Perry

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=109850