The Gorge Q&A and FAQs - Page 31 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-03-2016, 07:47 PM   #901
CapnHani06
SpoSPOONon

Shows Seen: 16
Send a message via AIM to CapnHani06

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
Periscope links will be posted in the setlist thread
Cool, thanks! Is this typically the whole show or just whichever part the Periscoper chooses to start streaming?
CapnHani06 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-23-2017, 01:02 PM   #902
    mo11217

Shows Seen: 15

Thank you guys so much for this thread and putting that FAQ guide together. It has been great reading all this and has been a huge help. We are in the early stages of putting together a plan to head to the Gorge in 2018 for the first time (provided DMB is there of course).

What is security like when you pull into the camp grounds? Do they make everyone get out of the vehicles and look through bags and coolers? Or do they only check bags when you enter the actual venue?
    Old 01-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #903
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 111

Have never experienced or heard of a vehicle search at camping entrance, just the pat down at the show gates
    Old 04-04-2017, 04:56 PM   #904
    mYeAgZ55

Shows Seen: 20

Quick question,

Looking to attend the Gorge for the weekend of the John Mayer (July 21st)/Jack Johnson (July 22nd) shows. We are going to camp, and obviously there are two different camping packages. Mayer's is from the 20th to the 22nd, JJ from the 21st to the 23rd.

I should buy the camping for the JJ show correct? Hence, does buying the camping and checking in around 4:00 give a me enough time to set up and wander in to the Mayer show on Friday?

Also, is there an option to just buy a terrace camping spot from the 20th to the 23rd?

Thanks, sorry if I confused anyone.
    Old 04-04-2017, 05:12 PM   #905
    laverwater
    Ezra Brooks

Shows Seen: 32

Not really sure why the other thread was locked, seeing as this is not DMB related, and would require Gorge experience outside of Labor Day Weekend.

Nonetheless, great questions. I haven't done separate concerts on the same weekend, so perhaps someone can help me out here, but can they really go and make any cars already there for JM leave if they don't have a JJ pass? Seems like a lot of work for such a large venue.

If not, I recommend getting the Mayer camping and just staying. If you aren't planning on arriving until after 3PM on the 21st, I'd just buy the Jack Johnson pass (I believe the campground typically opens at 3PM for shows the following day). If you show up sooner, I'd be surprised if they made you wait, if the campground is open already anyway.

Getting there at 4PM, you can probably get semi-unpacked and make it by showtime, but that's pushing it. If traffic is bad, it can make for a stressful time (have beers ready for the wait!). You'll also want as much time as you can get in that campground, so obviously the earlier the better.

If it's General camping, I'd say buy the earlier pass, and good luck to them tracking you down in there (unless it's two different roped off sections, in which case I'd just say move your car after it's parked or at night when they aren't enforcing). Terrace will have a much easier job policing, as there aren't many cars parked in terrace, but they still might not enforce it.
    laverwater is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2017, 05:18 PM   #906
    laverwater
    Ezra Brooks

Shows Seen: 32

Just looked, and at $95 per General Camping pass, I'd think that should work for the entire weekend. You can always try (emphasis on try) contacting them if you are concerned:

http://www.gorgecamping.com/contact/

I really don't think they'll enforce it, but if you are camping terrace, it's probably worth double checking, as that site is quite small. You may also be interested in Wildhorse Camping. People that stay there love it.
    laverwater is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #907
    mYeAgZ55

Shows Seen: 20

Thanks a million for the advice! Really appreciate it!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by laverwater View Post
    Just looked, and at $95 per General Camping pass, I'd think that should work for the entire weekend. You can always try (emphasis on try) contacting them if you are concerned:

http://www.gorgecamping.com/contact/

I really don't think they'll enforce it, but if you are camping terrace, it's probably worth double checking, as that site is quite small. You may also be interested in Wildhorse Camping. People that stay there love it.