**Offical NASCAR Thread** - Page 302 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 04-25-2017, 12:02 PM   #9031
dre2142
Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Offical NASCAR Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialkd24 View Post
I don't blame Jr. for retiring. He has millions of dollars, still has half his life ahead of him and a smoking hot wife at home. Enjoy yourself.

But as a fan I'm disappointed. I've watched less and less Nascar the last few years (didn't watch one race after his concussion last year). I imagine I'll still watch the Daytona 500 each year, but that is it.

Nascar is in huge trouble. The ratings are not great (and going to go down without Jr.) and they are having trouble attracting people to the track.
not sure i agree- Jr fans will latch on to someone else as they love the sport as a whole.

"Junior" is actually one of the older guys on the track. The more I think about this, the more Im NOT surprised about this All makes sense.

Hes talking right now at HMS. Has been in the talks about this for a month

Last edited by dre2142; 04-25-2017 at 12:06 PM.
dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-25-2017, 01:00 PM   #9032
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

I am sad to see JR retire, but I fully understand it. It is weird for me though. I remember when Jeff Gordon announced his retirement it was a big "I am getting older" reality check for me. I got into NASCAR in 1992 when Gordon ran his first races. Now Smoke, JR and Edwards are all leaving or already have. It is a weird feeling to know that I watched the sport for years before JR even made the top series. Now that career will come to a close. I am at peace with it, but I sure do miss the "old times" of NASCAR!
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-26-2017, 04:07 AM   #9033
    dre2142
    Get it done

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aeroshady View Post
    I am sad to see JR retire, but I fully understand it. It is weird for me though. I remember when Jeff Gordon announced his retirement it was a big "I am getting older" reality check for me. I got into NASCAR in 1992 when Gordon ran his first races. Now Smoke, JR and Edwards are all leaving or already have. It is a weird feeling to know that I watched the sport for years before JR even made the top series. Now that career will come to a close. I am at peace with it, but I sure do miss the "old times" of NASCAR!
    yeah, agree. My first driver I was a big fan of was Davey Allison. And Rusty.
    Old 04-26-2017, 05:23 AM   #9034
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dre2142 View Post
    yeah, agree. My first driver I was a big fan of was Davey Allison. And Rusty.

I was at the 1992 Daytona 500 when Davey won! It was my first NASCAR race actually!
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    Old 04-26-2017, 07:50 AM   #9035
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Terry Labonte and then Jr. are the only drivers I recall truly being a fan of.
    Ascf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2017, 05:41 PM   #9036
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Won my first fantasy week with 315 points. Picked the pole and race winter (Stenhouse). Dale was mediocre as usual. Looks like most people had an average to shitty week in points so that's why I won. This is the fourth or fifth pole winner I've picked this year, so that doesn't bode well for a good season for me.
    Old 05-12-2017, 06:55 AM   #9037
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

The release of next year's Cup schedule has been delayed primarily due to the scheduling of the Brickyard 400. IMS is considering running the race on its road course as opposed to its 2.5 mile oval:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/report...201212345.html

Despite its prestige, the Brickyard is amongst the most boring races on the schedule, and I've always advocated for more road course races on the Cup calendar. I'm more for than against the idea on that basis, but its strange to think that the Brickyard wouldn't be ran in its more traditional format.
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-12-2017, 07:06 AM   #9038
    dre2142
    Get it done

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by defcon View Post
    Won my first fantasy week with 315 points. Picked the pole and race winter (Stenhouse). Dale was mediocre as usual. Looks like most people had an average to shitty week in points so that's why I won. This is the fourth or fifth pole winner I've picked this year, so that doesn't bode well for a good season for me.
    you seem to be hung up on picking the pole winner. most everyone has at least 4 pole picks.
    maybe also focus on putting drivers on your roster that are actually in the race.
    Old 05-12-2017, 07:06 AM   #9039
    dre2142
    Get it done

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post
    The release of next year's Cup schedule has been delayed primarily due to the scheduling of the Brickyard 400. IMS is considering running the race on its road course as opposed to its 2.5 mile oval:

Despite its prestige, the Brickyard is amongst the most boring races on the schedule, and I've always advocated for more road course races on the Cup calendar. I'm more for than against the idea on that basis, but its strange to think that the Brickyard wouldn't be ran in its more traditional format.
    Id be all for the road course.
    Old 05-13-2017, 07:29 AM   #9040
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    you seem to be hung up on picking the pole winner. most everyone has at least 4 pole picks.
    maybe also focus on putting drivers on your roster that are actually in the race.
    I'm not. Season before last, I finished 2nd. Last season, meh (or was it last season?). I've been doing this group for about five or so years now, probably. However, when I successfully pick poll winners several times, I usually have a bad season. That's why I'm hung up on that fact. I mean, I more or less picked Stenhouse on a whim. I don't have a set strategy other than to try to save my starts, which I see most people don't do.
    Old 05-15-2017, 08:17 AM   #9041
    dre2142
    Get it done

My Tour Central Stats

Danica being Danica, as usual.
    Old 05-15-2017, 08:37 AM   #9042
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Danica being Danica, as usual.
    She's so damn awful.
    Old 05-15-2017, 08:38 AM   #9043
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

My Tour Central Stats

I forgot the race was Saturday and missed it.
    Old 05-15-2017, 09:07 AM   #9044
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ascf33 View Post
    I forgot the race was Saturday and missed it.
    Only race I've had time to watch all year because of it being on a Saturday.
    Old 05-15-2017, 09:15 AM   #9045
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Danica sucks

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-15-2017, 09:30 AM   #9046
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

My Tour Central Stats

Why the Danica hate today? I read her comments on the weekend and didn't see anything bad in them. She was having a solid night and got wrecked hard. Not her fault.

Nasty crash though, feel for Amarillo in that one. Hope he recovers soon.
    Old 05-15-2017, 09:46 AM   #9047
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Why the Danica hate today? I read her comments on the weekend and didn't see anything bad in them. She was having a solid night and got wrecked hard. Not her fault.

It has nothing to do with fault, especially in a faultless accident. It was her attitude after the wreck. Unlike Logano who handled the entire situation properly by stating that his thoughts were with Almirola first and foremost, Danica made it all about herself and didn't even mention Almirola until a throwaway line at the very end of her interview.

Making statements like "every time I'm doing better something stupid happens...it's just killing me" and "I just don't understand why so much bad luck happens" are pretty conceited and clueless statements when another competitor had to be cut out of his car and carried away on a stretcher.

I can't wait until she's out of NASCAR.
    Old 05-15-2017, 09:50 AM   #9048
    dre2142
    Get it done

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Shes being roasted hard on social media. 95% against her, and 5% for her. Im far far far from a Logano fan but he handled the post infield care center interview like a professional, not a whiny bitch brat. And he just had to deal with Danica yelling at him for no reason.

Her comments were self centered and thoughtless. Throwing her little temper tantrums and then its all about me me me afterwards, my sprained ankle....."a rotor?? really? a broken rotor??!?".

And bad luck? She sucks as a driver. When she isnt having bad luck she isnt producing good results.

Time to move on from nascar.
    Old 05-15-2017, 10:21 AM   #9049
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

She's a self-centered, egomaniac who is also a garbage driver. Bad luck? She has no idea how to drive, nor does she know what bad luck actually is.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-15-2017, 10:29 AM   #9050
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It has nothing to do with fault, especially in a faultless accident. It was her attitude after the wreck. Unlike Logano who handled the entire situation properly by stating that his thoughts were with Almirola first and foremost, Danica made it all about herself and didn't even mention Almirola until a throwaway line at the very end of her interview.

Making statements like "every time I'm doing better something stupid happens...it's just killing me" and "I just don't understand why so much bad luck happens" are pretty conceited and clueless statements when another competitor had to be cut out of his car and carried away on a stretcher.

I can't wait until she's out of NASCAR.
    Yeah, I mean, I didn't watch the race, but I just assumed she didn't know how bad the crash was at the time of the interview for Almirola.

Quote:
    Shes being roasted hard on social media. 95% against her, and 5% for her. Im far far far from a Logano fan but he handled the post infield care center interview like a professional, not a whiny bitch brat. And he just had to deal with Danica yelling at him for no reason.

Her comments were self centered and thoughtless. Throwing her little temper tantrums and then its all about me me me afterwards, my sprained ankle....."a rotor?? really? a broken rotor??!?".

And bad luck? She sucks as a driver. When she isnt having bad luck she isnt producing good results.

Time to move on from nascar.
    Again, I guess I will have to go back and watch the incident and interviews for myself. Just reading her comments, they didn't look that bad, but context can change anything.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
    She's a self-centered, egomaniac who is also a garbage driver. Bad luck? She has no idea how to drive, nor does she know what bad luck actually is.
    She has had some bad luck recently. Obviously she never really figured out these cars though. I don't think she has no idea how to drive, I just don't believe she belongs in the top series of Nascar either.

I often wonder how much better off her career would have been if she had stayed in Indy.

Last edited by aeroshady; 05-15-2017 at 10:30 AM.
    Old 05-15-2017, 10:37 AM   #9051
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah having seen Danica up close at Martinsville a few years back, she is awful. Like on the verge of wrecking on every lap.
    Old 05-15-2017, 11:27 AM   #9052
    dre2142
    Get it done

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, I mean, I didn't watch the race, but I just assumed she didn't know how bad the crash was at the time of the interview for Almirola.
    She was IN the crash, and she knew they were cutting Aric out of the car and then flying him out. These drivers know exactly whats going on around them. And if she didnt know (logano knew), it was probably because she was fuming about her own bad luck.

Quote:
    Again, I guess I will have to go back and watch the incident and interviews for myself. Just reading her comments, they didn't look that bad, but context can change anything.

http://rare.us/rare-country/watch-th...r-fans-fuming/

Nascar took down her interviews. Gotta protect Danica!

Though why are we surprised? its ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSES FAULT!
    Open Wheel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10qml4IzNFA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHjFNz1-U0

NASCAR:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJXFZ7tvqmc

I was watching a compilation video a few weeks ago of all of the times shes bitching about a wreck being someone elses fault and then the video evidence shows it was her fault. lol. I cant find it though.
    She just has no presence when on the track. Its mind boggling
    Old 05-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #9053
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    She was IN the crash, and she knew they were cutting Aric out of the car and then flying him out. These drivers know exactly whats going on around them. And if she didnt know (logano knew), it was probably because she was fuming about her own bad luck.

http://rare.us/rare-country/watch-th...r-fans-fuming/

Nascar took down her interviews. Gotta protect Danica!

Though why are we surprised? its ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSES FAULT!
    Open Wheel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10qml4IzNFA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHjFNz1-U0

NASCAR:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJXFZ7tvqmc

I was watching a compilation video a few weeks ago of all of the times shes bitching about a wreck being someone elses fault and then the video evidence shows it was her fault. lol. I cant find it though.
    She just has no presence when on the track. Its mind boggling
    Context is definitely bad. She does have a very large ego. That said, this crash was not her fault. Just wrong place at the wrong time.

My guess is there is a very good chance that this is Danica's final season in the Cup series anyway. The sport is on the decline and money is going to go to the teams that can perform. I don't agree with all the hate she receives, but I do agree that she is not cut out for the top series.
    Old 05-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #9054
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

The only reason Danica is in the sport is because she's the token woman. She probably couldn't even drive a fucking minivan in city traffic for a half hour without calling everyone around her an asshole for obeying basic traffic laws.

Also, she's not hot. She's mid-range, at best, maybe a 7 on a good day.

Get someone foxy hot that's a helluva driver. Danica is a poor representative for women. Basically, she's every negative stereotype about women rolled into one.
    Old 05-15-2017, 04:21 PM   #9055
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by defcon View Post
    The only reason Danica is in the sport is because she's the token woman. She probably couldn't even drive a fucking minivan in city traffic for a half hour without calling everyone around her an asshole for obeying basic traffic laws.

Also, she's not hot. She's mid-range, at best, maybe a 7 on a good day.

Get someone foxy hot that's a helluva driver. Danica is a poor representative for women. Basically, she's every negative stereotype about women rolled into one.
    But tell me how you really feel

She is hot though.
    Old 05-19-2017, 07:12 AM   #9056
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

It doesn't appear they'll be utilizing the road course next year, but it is being reported that the Brickyard will become the 26th race of the season and therefore the playoff elimination race. The second Richmond race would then be moved into the playoffs, while the newly added second Las Vegas race would be the new playoff opener.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...hedule-907615/

If they're not going to utilize the Brickyard's road course, I love the idea of turning a prestige race into the playoff elimination race. September weather should also prove beneficial. Not that the midwest heat is the only factor contributing to the dwindling attendance numbers at the track, but better weather in combination with increased stakes should help in spiking interest. Now if they'd just move it back to a Saturday race...
    Old 05-23-2017, 04:03 PM   #9057
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It doesn't appear they'll be utilizing the road course next year, but it is being reported that the Brickyard will become the 26th race of the season and therefore the playoff elimination race. The second Richmond race would then be moved into the playoffs, while the newly added second Las Vegas race would be the new playoff opener.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...hedule-907615/

If they're not going to utilize the Brickyard's road course, I love the idea of turning a prestige race into the playoff elimination race. September weather should also prove beneficial. Not that the midwest heat is the only factor contributing to the dwindling attendance numbers at the track, but better weather in combination with increased stakes should help in spiking interest. Now if they'd just move it back to a Saturday race...
    All these changes are official. On top of that, Charlotte's fall race will be ran on the track's road course.

Adding a short track and road course race to the playoffs is definitely a step in the right direction.
    Old 05-28-2017, 10:26 AM   #9058
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

While I know this isn't nascar, is anyone watching the Indy 500? Holy shit was that a crash!!!
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2017, 01:23 PM   #9059
    dre2142
    Get it done

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    While I know this isn't nascar, is anyone watching the Indy 500? Holy shit was that a crash!!!
    Yeah pretty crazy

Testament to the way these cars are built that he walked away.
    Old 06-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #9060
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

Moving on up...

4 poll winners picked so far, some are actually finishing well now.

Whoever got nearly 400 points is a fucking beast.

Tags
    nascar , racing