The Boston Bruins thread - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-21-2008, 07:46 PM   #61
dmbmuskie
FIN

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Boston Bruins thread

We do know Boston is not the class of the East.
dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-22-2008, 06:20 AM   #62
    LaDude
    Obey The Ping Man!

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Bruins had a chance to get back on the Boston sports map last night. After what may have been the best Bruins game in the last 25 years on Saturday night they friggin come out as flat as a pancake. Bruins haven't won a playoff series in how many years now? Please - get some new ownership that cares about this team and wants to see them win and is not only concerned about making money!
    LaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-22-2008, 07:00 AM   #63
    SoRight24
    Finally

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
    We do know Boston is not the class of the East.
    Nobody ever said they were.
    Old 04-22-2008, 07:01 AM   #64
    SoRight24
    Finally

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LaDude View Post
    Bruins had a chance to get back on the Boston sports map last night. After what may have been the best Bruins game in the last 25 years on Saturday night they friggin come out as flat as a pancake. Bruins haven't won a playoff series in how many years now? Please - get some new ownership that cares about this team and wants to see them win and is not only concerned about making money!
    Hell, after last year, I was just glad to be back in the playoffs.

Next year we can worry about making it farther.
    Old 04-22-2008, 07:18 AM   #65
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Sounds like someone read the ESPN story on the Bruins yesterday...I think the Bruins will be fine...give them a few years...Kessel is amazing.
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-22-2008, 08:20 AM   #66
    DmBand801
    Schneider!

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LVCE-g6mr18&feature=related

Brady is not going to let the crappier younger brother of Fat Forehead beat him in anything. Period.
    DmBand801 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-22-2008, 08:24 AM   #67
    SoRight24
    Finally

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DmBand801 View Post

I was so pissed when that happened, but that video is fucking hilarious, especially because it's so long and it's just the same thing over and over.

Wtf is that music?
    Old 04-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #68
    dmbindedham
    Liam O

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    B's make the playoffs and all the "fans" come out of the woodwork?

I'm assuming your TV was broken last night, or you weren't watching the game...They came out and DOMINATED the Habs the first period and a half, it was just a matter of putting the biscuit in the basket, and Price once again saved the Habs ass in that dept.. Typical "Bruins fan" who always comes to the "management sucks blahblahblah." Stop using the management as a cop out, it's useless...Yea, theyve made some bonehead mistakes in the past, but when you go out and get the #1 Dman in the league, sign Marc Savard,Wideman and Ward...and have a core of younger guys coming up huge this season, it says a lot not only about the team chemistry, but the management as well. Sure, we could have given up Kessel, a 1st round draft pick and a prospect or two for Hossa at the deadline...a rental player for 3 months, but they didn't, and it was the best decision they could have made...Now theyll have the same group of players + Hossa, Malone and a handful of other nasty goal scorers we need will be on the market this summer, that we will end up with 1 or 2 of them.

The Bruins didnt need to put themselves back on the map in Boston, they always were on the map for the real fans, and all of a sudden I see a bunch of B's jerseys in the stands at Fenway yesterday, I don't want them to turn out to be another red sox nation story, I want them to continue to grow as a team, and evolving and become an up and coming contender, that's what they will be, mark my words within 5-7 years we will have a cup, I'm proud of this team this year more than I ever have been since being a fan since day 1 in '86...The Big Bad Bruins are back, and their here to stay. Go Bruins!

- Liam
    dmbindedham is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #69
    rickyh24
    GOAT

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

^^

but yeah they did dominate the first period, except for that one goal. They just couldn't score. Plenty of chances though.
    rickyh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-22-2008, 10:01 AM   #70
    LaDude
    Obey The Ping Man!

My Tour Central Stats

Liam – I love your enthusiasm. You clearly follow the Bruins much more than I. I only went to a handful of games this year and that was because the seats were free. You can’t argue that if the Bruins had won last night they would have started to come out of the shadows of the Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots. I hope you are correct about the B’s getting one or two of the nasty goal scorers they need this summer. It just seems like every year…especially the year following the lock out….the Bruins are supposed to get all these great goal scorers and never do.
    Old 04-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #71
    dmbindedham
    Liam O

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Liam – I love your enthusiasm. You clearly follow the Bruins much more than I. I only went to a handful of games this year and that was because the seats were free. You can’t argue that if the Bruins had won last night they would have started to come out of the shadows of the Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots. I hope you are correct about the B’s getting one or two of the nasty goal scorers they need this summer. It just seems like every year…especially the year following the lock out….the Bruins are supposed to get all these great goal scorers and never do.

No worries, sorry if I came off a bit harsh. We will have something to look forward to in the future, things are looking good. The fact that we have Chiarelli at the helm of GM and Sinden basically out of the picture is a good thing, he knows what we need and how to get it without sacrificing to much. That combined with Cam Neely back as VP to the GM, Don Sweeney and Ray Bourque heads of player development really says a lot about the dedication and positive outlook from former Bruins, they are willing to build this team a way that they once ALMOST had, and beyond, which is outstanding. I think we'll end up with one really great goal scorer this July, whether it be Hossa, Malone, Ryder, etc. I dont know, but now they have some appeal as a team to get some good players to sign, it won't just be about how much money you cna lure them in with, which is a great quality to have as a team thats struggled the past few years.

Ricky, I wasn't pouting, not in the least, I knew before the game even started that whatever happened that I couldn't have asked for more out of a team given NO chance by anyone, anywhere. I tend to get a bit worked up when people generalize things that are fairly to sterotypical about the Bruins overall, whats happened in the past, without looking what we have and how it can benefit us immensely in the future, But I could be wrong.
    Old 01-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #72
    LaDude
    Obey The Ping Man!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbindedham View Post
    B's make the playoffs and all the "fans" come out of the woodwork?

I'm assuming your TV was broken last night, or you weren't watching the game...They came out and DOMINATED the Habs the first period and a half, it was just a matter of putting the biscuit in the basket, and Price once again saved the Habs ass in that dept.. Typical "Bruins fan" who always comes to the "management sucks blahblahblah." Stop using the management as a cop out, it's useless...Yea, theyve made some bonehead mistakes in the past, but when you go out and get the #1 Dman in the league, sign Marc Savard,Wideman and Ward...and have a core of younger guys coming up huge this season, it says a lot not only about the team chemistry, but the management as well. Sure, we could have given up Kessel, a 1st round draft pick and a prospect or two for Hossa at the deadline...a rental player for 3 months, but they didn't, and it was the best decision they could have made...Now theyll have the same group of players + Hossa, Malone and a handful of other nasty goal scorers we need will be on the market this summer, that we will end up with 1 or 2 of them.

The Bruins didnt need to put themselves back on the map in Boston, they always were on the map for the real fans, and all of a sudden I see a bunch of B's jerseys in the stands at Fenway yesterday, I don't want them to turn out to be another red sox nation story, I want them to continue to grow as a team, and evolving and become an up and coming contender, that's what they will be, mark my words within 5-7 years we will have a cup, I'm proud of this team this year more than I ever have been since being a fan since day 1 in '86...The Big Bad Bruins are back, and their here to stay. Go Bruins!

- Liam

Liam - Looks like you were right on about the Bruins! This team is fun to watch this year! All of a sudden it's hard to get a ticket to the B's in this town!

Lucic is an ass kicker!
    Old 01-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #73
    dmbindedham
    Liam O

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Liam - Looks like you were right on about the Bruins! This team is fun to watch this year! All of a sudden it's hard to get a ticket to the B's in this town!

Lucic is an ass kicker!

Glad to see my hunch from last year is turning out to be correct, if we keep the mold of "Raise the young into the team" rather than the "Trade the young for over rated veteran players" mentality we've had in the past, we WILL be a contender for the cup. I think we're ONE veteran goal scorer away from a total 100% cup qualifier. We've hit a rough patch the past few games but it was bound to happen, you can't win them all. Glad to see that our teams youth is the backbone of this team right now in the scoring department, and as for Coach Julien having his toughest decision most of the time being whether to start Manny or Timmy, well...that's probably the best "bad" decision to have to make.

NOT a fan of the pink bruins hats/jerseys i'm starting to Seeing worn, I hope to hell this isn't another Red Sox Nation story...god help me. Leave me my Bruins. Cheers.

- Liam

Last edited by dmbindedham; 01-08-2009 at 10:43 AM. Reason: I don't wear pink, i've SEENit worn : )
    Old 01-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #74
    GraceIsBonged

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbindedham View Post
    Glad to see my hunch from last year is turning out to be correct, if we keep the mold of "Raise the young into the team" rather than the "Trade the young for over rated veteran players" mentality we've had in the past, we WILL be a contender for the cup. I think we're ONE veteran goal scorer away from a total 100% cup qualifier. We've hit a rough patch the past few games but it was bound to happen, you can't win them all. Glad to see that our teams youth is the backbone of this team right now in the scoring department, and as for Coach Julien having his toughest decision most of the time being whether to start Manny or Timmy, well...that's probably the best "bad" decision to have to make.

NOT a fan of the pink bruins hats/jerseys i'm starting to Seeing worn, I hope to hell this isn't another Red Sox Nation story...god help me. Leave me my Bruins. Cheers.

- Liam

still don't know how Chara is a starter in the ASG.
    GraceIsBonged is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #75
    dmbindedham
    Liam O

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GraceIsBonged View Post
    still don't know how Chara is a starter in the ASG.

ASG and the balloting is a joke.
    Old 05-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #76
    dmbindedham
    Liam O

My Tour Central Stats

In preparation for tonights game, GO B's!!!!

Ference should be back in the line-up tonight which is a good thing. We need to come out strong and shake off the rust ASAP. I'm not going to lie though, I could see Carolina stealing this game tonight.
    Old 05-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #77
    LaDude
    Obey The Ping Man!

My Tour Central Stats

Let's go Bruins! It seems like forever since the last game!
    Old 05-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #78
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Let's go Bruins! It seems like forever since the last game!
    It has been forever. I can even watch here. Nesn is blacked out. I don't even know why. I would have to pay extra for .Vs. Fuck that.
    Old 12-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #79
    jackisback24
    He's using hypnosis!

My Tour Central Stats

I hope they utilize their picks to get a goal scorer as that is their biggest hole right now. Whether it's the next Sidney Crosbey from one of the prospects coming out or a trade to another team, we are in def. need of a 35+ goal scorer.

Having said that, I hope they hold onto Tuuka Rask. He's the real deal.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...vement/?page=1
    jackisback24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #80
    thebestauntie
    My love

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

What sport do the Bruins play?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Best team. Best city.
    thebestauntie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-26-2009, 11:23 AM   #81
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

Bruins!!!
    Old 12-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #82
    thebestauntie
    My love

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

So are the Bruins like a curling team or something?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Best team. Best city.
    thebestauntie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #83
    LaDude
    Obey The Ping Man!

My Tour Central Stats

Go Bruins!