Old 12-05-2016, 06:54 PM   #601
lilant420

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2017 Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by laverwater View Post
Agreed. And this single show won't have a huge draw, outside of regional fans. I did Dead & Co.'s single Gorge show this year and they blocked off half the campground because it wasn't needed.

I just don't see Gorge having only 1 show on Labor Day Weekend. It's one of the few weekends where they have potential for a big turnout since it's a long weekend.
It's sad that LN booked them out of all the touring acts for that weekend... exp for one show..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyDv View Post
It's interesting people think Guns won't draw a crowd. Typically, they're playing to 45,000 a night in a football stadium... Live Nation won't make as much... but they won't be hurting from this... especially given the ticket prices.
How many people do you know will fly to the gorge, for one show, by GnR? lol

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-05-2016, 07:01 PM   #602
    mHeiser92

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It's interesting people think Guns won't draw a crowd. Typically, they're playing to 45,000 a night in a football stadium... Live Nation won't make as much... but they won't be hurting from this... especially given the ticket prices.
    Yeah. There's a big difference between selling out a football stadium in a major metro as opposed to flying and driving to the middle of nowhere to camp for one night
    Old 12-05-2016, 07:11 PM   #603
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilant420 View Post
    It's sad that LN booked them out of all the touring acts for that weekend... exp for one show..

LOTS of bands play single nights at the gorge. dead and company did it last year.

that said, the band has a lease on that weekend for years. they must have sublet it out to gnr for this year. that doesn't mean dave and tim/band can't play another weekend during the summer.

but i'd bet on any seattle area shows being in the city and not the gorge this year.

to be honest, the gorge is way too far in the middle of no where for a dave and tim show. sure, they can do spac, it will sell out. but gorge is a lot of extra expenses for travelers.
    Old 12-05-2016, 07:18 PM   #604
    mHeiser92

My Tour Central Stats

I've always heard about the lease the band had on that weekend but never really heard details on that? Is it for a certain number of years or just a year to year thing?
    Old 12-05-2016, 07:23 PM   #605
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mHeiser92 View Post
    I've always heard about the lease the band had on that weekend but never really heard details on that? Is it for a certain number of years or just a year to year thing?
    yeah, it's a thing. don't catch me lying... it's been renewed and renegotiated a number of times. so, i have no idea where they stand now, exactly.

i just heard that they still "owned" this year, and we expected them to "sublet" it out to somebody (because it's quite perfect).

but yes, the band "owns" labor day weekend, as long as they want it.

knowing cap$haw, the band will own it forever and he will just sub it out even after the band calls it quits.

Last edited by justink; 12-05-2016 at 07:24 PM.
    Old 12-05-2016, 07:28 PM   #606
    mHeiser92

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justink View Post
    yeah, it's a thing. don't catch me lying... it's been renewed and renegotiated a number of times. so, i have no idea where they stand now, exactly.

i just heard that they still "owned" this year, and we expected them to "sublet" it out to somebody (because it's quite perfect).

but yes, the band "owns" labor day weekend, as long as they want it.

knowing cap$haw, the band will own it forever and he will just sub it out even after the band calls it quits.
    Would be a fantastic play, honestly
    Old 12-05-2016, 07:42 PM   #607
    aircavmike

Shows Seen: 250

DMB Hub Stubs: 38

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FeelMyVibes View Post
    Got it. Yeah, I don't really mind the standing. That being said, I was "that asshole" in the first group standing at the SR show. I was in the last row of the first orchestra section, so I thought the next row was far enough behind me that it wouldn't bother them. I mean it just felt so odd to sit, and how often do I get to see Dave sing. I sat down when someone politely told me I was blocking their view, and stood again only when the rest of the crowd did. That being said, I definitely understand the outrage if people ruined the quiet(er) environment that is the D&T show.
    Go listen to some older D/T shows (99 and earlier), Matthews routinely tells the crowd it's a quieter thing and to sit down. It's not a Dmb show where he wants everyone to stand with their hands up screaming.
    I think we were 2 rows behind you in the Left Center section. If so, you and the 2 guys sitting next to you were literally the only 3 ppl standing in the entire theatre during the first 3 songs. Sets a bad tone for the night.
    Old 12-05-2016, 07:59 PM   #608
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aircavmike View Post
    Go listen to some older D/T shows (99 and earlier), Matthews routinely tells the crowd it's a quieter thing and to sit down. It's not a Dmb show where he wants everyone to stand with their hands up screaming.
    I think we were 2 rows behind you in the Left Center section. If so, you and the 2 guys sitting next to you were literally the only 3 ppl standing in the entire theatre during the first 3 songs. Sets a bad tone for the night.
    FeelMyVibes is a dickhead? bet he's that guy that whee's and deals for pits for every single show.
    Old 12-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #609
    Cozmic135
    Just tryin' to get by.

Shows Seen: 171

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I agree with this... I looked up the 2016 tour stats earlier today just because I was curious and the majority of those shows sold between 90-100%. I recall seeing a couple at 86% but nothing below 82% if I'm not mistaken and that was only a small handful. Not to mention their ticket pricing is so different and so much more expensive than what the average concert goer pays to see DMB. I paid almost $150 to see them at MetLife this summer and that was mid-level - it was worth it, I'd pay it again. Would I personally go all the way out to the Gorge for them? No. But that band has the following to travel.
    Old 12-05-2016, 09:55 PM   #610
    Cozmic135
    Just tryin' to get by.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I was going to fly or to Vegas for the weekend to see GnR from NYC... why wouldn't people fly out to the Gorge during a holiday and spend time in Seattle?

Why do people fly out, for one show, anywhere even by this band, that plays the same songs they've seen over and over again? GnR hasnt toured outside of 2016 in how many years???! People want really just want to see Axl and Slash together, let's be honest. I don't think the idea is that far fetched.

Last edited by Cozmic135; 12-05-2016 at 09:59 PM.
    Old 12-06-2016, 04:35 AM   #611
    Cscottrun

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    LOTS of bands play single nights at the gorge. dead and company did it last year.

that said, the band has a lease on that weekend for years. they must have sublet it out to gnr for this year. that doesn't mean dave and tim/band can't play another weekend during the summer.

but i'd bet on any seattle area shows being in the city and not the gorge this year.

to be honest, the gorge is way too far in the middle of no where for a dave and tim show. sure, they can do spac, it will sell out. but gorge is a lot of extra expenses for travelers.
    I believe SPAC N1 didn't sell out last year and SPAC N2 barely sold out (day of)...I have a hard time believing D&T can do it.
    Old 12-06-2016, 05:24 AM   #612
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I would hope they wouldn't sell lawn for D&T at Spac. Just do the inside, which I think is around 5k. That's a good number for D&T.
    Old 12-06-2016, 05:32 AM   #613
    Cozmic135
    Just tryin' to get by.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    I believe SPAC N1 didn't sell out last year and SPAC N2 barely sold out (day of)...I have a hard time believing D&T can do it.
    Agree with you. I don't think D&T would ever sell out SPAC esp when the band itself has had a hard time doing this the past years.
    Old 12-06-2016, 06:57 AM   #614
    FeelMyVibes

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    FeelMyVibes is a dickhead? bet he's that guy that whee's and deals for pits for every single show.
    There was a woman standing up in front of me, and a guy to the left of her. I was excited to be there, but I'll sit next time. And yes, I am a dickhead, but buy my pits off citi presale and stubhub
    Old 12-06-2016, 07:03 AM   #615
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    I would hope they wouldn't sell lawn for D&T at Spac. Just do the inside, which I think is around 5k. That's a good number for D&T.
    While that would be ideal, that would never happen.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    Old 12-06-2016, 09:05 AM   #616
    lilant420

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Yes, but how many play a HUGE Holiday weekend at the Gorge where it's just one show...
    Old 12-06-2016, 09:12 AM   #617
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes, but how many play a HUGE Holiday weekend at the Gorge where it's just one show...
    Axl fucking rose does!
    Old 12-06-2016, 09:16 AM   #618
    dmbdrew41

Shows Seen: 191

My Tour Central Stats

Still think Pearl Jam will be that Friday and Saturday
    Old 12-06-2016, 11:57 AM   #619
    Cscottrun

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    D&T translates way better in a fully indoor hall. As much as I love SPAC, give me basically any indoor venue over it for D&T. Specifically Radio City...fingers crossed there.
    Old 12-06-2016, 12:04 PM   #620
    flames_theman

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Now that my Gorge dreams appear over my hopes are on a Dave and Tim Vegas weekend this year!!

#NAFDA Camp Absolutely!!
    Old 12-06-2016, 12:14 PM   #621
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    D&T translates way better in a fully indoor hall. As much as I love SPAC, give me basically any indoor venue over it for D&T. Specifically Radio City...fingers crossed there.

Yea, I agree. I meant more IF they did it, that's how they should do it.
    Old 12-07-2016, 04:47 PM   #622
    Phan

Shows Seen: 125

DMB Hub Stubs: 34

My Tour Central Stats

dave and tim in an outdoor venue is just silly. Intimate indoor shows this summer please and thank you
    Old 12-07-2016, 05:27 PM   #623
    lilant420

My Tour Central Stats

The past several years, DMB has started their tour off in or around Texas. With that being said, I think this is the beginning of a D&T tour. They are playing two large venues to see how ticket sales go and then will play it by ear on what venues they can book based on the Texas ticket sale numbers.

I can easily see them doing something similar to what Garth Brooks has done where they just announce the shows one at a time. Most, if not all D&T shows will sell out in a small theater setting. The can easily announce the shows a month or so before the actual show date and ticket sales will be fine.

With that being said... D&T in Chicago in April.
    Old 12-07-2016, 05:37 PM   #624
    Nick_United

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phan View Post
    dave and tim in an outdoor venue is just silly. Intimate indoor shows this summer please and thank you
    I agree with this. Could you imagine the SPAC lawn at a Dave & Tim show? It would be absolutely terrible.
    Old 12-07-2016, 07:13 PM   #625
    joeymuldoons

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nick_United View Post
    I agree with this. Could you imagine the SPAC lawn at a Dave & Tim show? It would be absolutely terrible.
    I got the answer for this one- hold it at Skidmore if you want to keep it in Saratoga. I saw Wilco there years ago and it would be pretty ideal for a D and T show.

facebook.

summer 2019: SPAC, Charlotte
    Old 12-08-2016, 01:39 PM   #626
    ptothec2004
    Done Paying 4 Your Shit

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The past several years, DMB has started their tour off in or around Texas. With that being said, I think this is the beginning of a D&T tour. They are playing two large venues to see how ticket sales go and then will play it by ear on what venues they can book based on the Texas ticket sale numbers.

I can easily see them doing something similar to what Garth Brooks has done where they just announce the shows one at a time. Most, if not all D&T shows will sell out in a small theater setting. The can easily announce the shows a month or so before the actual show date and ticket sales will be fine.

Like Standing Rock. Essentially sold out in little time and only on a few weeks notice. I with you on the topic.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

2022: DEER CREEK & PHOENIX
    Old 12-08-2016, 02:13 PM   #627
    TheStone91

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Seems like a good business decision to do it this way.

Regarding your comments about D&T playing Chicago in April - is this wishful thinking or something you've heard?
    Old 12-08-2016, 04:26 PM   #628
    dmbdrew41

Shows Seen: 191

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I really hope for a D+T in Chicago!!!!
    Old 12-08-2016, 07:37 PM   #629
    ramiro24
    Hurricane Rozz

Shows Seen: 74

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

D+T in chicago would be tits in April.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
    Rozz, you are always partying, even when you're not
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    We all go a little Rozz sometimes
    Old 12-09-2016, 05:48 AM   #630
    DMBTattoo
    dmbtattoo.com

Shows Seen: 129

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheStone91 View Post
    Seems like a good business decision to do it this way.

Regarding your comments about D&T playing Chicago in April - is this wishful thinking or something you've heard?

What he said ^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Closed Thread