Premium Ticket Packages - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #121
idrankthewaterr
Dmb

Shows Seen: 196

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Premium Ticket Packages

i don't remember seeing travel packages to spac before...is this more for people far away (plane tickets, hotel, etc) or would it be something along the lines of tickets plus camping or hotel?
idrankthewaterr is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #122
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post
    I don't think so cause every show lists premium tickets as an option on the warehouse ticketing page.
    Fair enough, fair enough. Good for DMB. Much rather that money go to them than to scalpers. Of course I'd prefer they make all Warehouse tickets will call with ID, and make the whole bowl warehouse only, but that's a pipe dream.
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #123
    ProudMonkey65
    Z. Sprayberry

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by #41bestsong View Post
    not everyone was into the band way back when the warehouse was created or was even old enough. Its about time they give other fans a chance to be close. I was front row for 4 shows last year.r That made my summer perfect thanks to he GA pit.

this might be the dumbest thing i've ever heard, sorry.
    "We were playing at this festival, and Dylan was playing at the festival. Then Dylan came up to me after he finished his set and we were about to go on, and he said, "Are you gonna play Watchtower?" and I said, no no I'm not gonna play 'cause your here. And he said, "well I didn't play it 'cause your here!." -DM 05.15.2006

Last edited by ProudMonkey65; 02-15-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    ProudMonkey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #124
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    right, I meant like if you got pulled over on the way or something. Again, not gonna happen, but it would be hilarious to tell the judge "yeah, it's just so I can get my own damn tickets"
    Oh god no, that fake is only used for one purpose - to get the tickets. It is placed in a second wallet. I learned the hard way not to confuse ID's - do you think I actually TRIED to fool a cop on purpose?

I forgot to pull the fake out after a liquor store trip about 15 years ago and spent 20 minutes in handcuffs later that night for something entirely unrelated (while I was tripping no less). Once cuffed he pulled out my ID. I spent that time in cuffs sweating like a pig and scared shit before the cop unhooked me and handed my fake back.
    Old 02-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #125
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    Fair enough, fair enough. Good for DMB. Much rather that money go to them than to scalpers. Of course I'd prefer they make all Warehouse tickets will call with ID, and make the whole bowl warehouse only, but that's a pipe dream.
    Theyre doing that this year. At least for WH GA Pit.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #126
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Theyre doing that this year. At least for WH GA Pit.
    yeah, that's not all warehouse tickets, or the entire lower bowl.
    Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #127
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
    Oh god no, that fake is only used for one purpose - to get the tickets. It is placed in a second wallet. I learned the hard way not to confuse ID's - do you think I actually TRIED to fool a cop on purpose?

I forgot to pull the fake out after a liquor store trip about 15 years ago and spent 20 minutes in handcuffs later that night for something entirely unrelated (while I was tripping no less). Once cuffed he pulled out my ID. I spent that time in cuffs sweating like a pig and scared shit before the cop unhooked me and handed my fake back.
    Old 02-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #128
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    yeah, that's not all warehouse tickets, or the entire lower bowl.
    That would be ridiculous if they did that. Then no more ticket selling between WH members? I understand you want to limit scalpers, but its going to happen one way or another. Making fans eat tix they already bought if they cant make it to a show would be a travesty.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #129
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

How hard is it to know if you can actually go to a show before you buy tickets?
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #130
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    That would be ridiculous if they did that. Then no more ticket selling between WH members? I understand you want to limit scalpers, but its going to happen one way or another. Making fans eat tix they already bought if they cant make it to a show would be a travesty.
    The not shipping tickets until 10 days before the show didn't stop them. You would have thought that would have hurt because people wouldn't want to wait. They also withheld locations until later that doesn't do anything. You still post before they are shipped so not sure how they think that helps. And people post them on scalping sites so fricking fast and say seat locations later. Amazing. Very frustrating.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #131
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    things pop up. Family members plan birthdays parties.. There is absolutely no way of possibly knowing if I'm going to have a funeral to go to July 14th.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #132
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    things pop up. Family members plan birthdays parties.. There is absolutely no way of possibly knowing if I'm going to have a funeral to go to July 14th.
    This ^. Plus internships come up, jobs for the people graduating. Not that that's me anymore. I bought tickets to Blossom in 06 not knowing if I would make it or not.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #133
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

I understand when things pop up, but you and I both know that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about people who buy tickets to a dozen or more shows simply because that's what they've always been able to do, because it's been easy to trade/sell them later.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #134
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

In short, I'd much rather guarantee with 99% certainty that the lower bowl is all warehouse and no scalped tickets and have those very few people who legitimately did have something unforeseen come up between buying and show date be sadly out of luck, than have the current situation where the aftermarket is much more active than the original market because great tickets are much easier to come by for non-WH members than WH members.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #135
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    We're talking about people who buy tickets to a dozen or more shows simply because that's what they've always been able to do, because it's been easy to trade/sell them later.
    No offense intended but do you really believe people have not figured out a way around this system - like a decade ago? I know of 3 ways that work myself and can imagine others know more.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #136
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    No offense intended but do you really believe people have not figured out a way around this system - like a decade ago?
    Of course they have--that's exactly why I'm saying the system is broken.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #137
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

As for things popping up, allow us the option to pay an extra couple bucks for insurance. I got screwed and had to eat 4 tickets this way in 2010 because I was a day out of surgery.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #138
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    As for things popping up, allow us the option to pay an extra couple bucks for insurance. I got screwed and had to eat 4 tickets this way in 2010 because I was a day out of surgery.
    this would be a good solution; I think that the few people who have something pop up aren't enough to make the lower bowl all warehouse but with will call/ID a bad idea.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #139
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Of course they have--that's exactly why I'm saying the system is broken.
    I do not believe so but perhaps I am more honest than some - to an extent. I have never, and will never request a show to trade tickets. I have, however, requested tickets for a friend for a show I was not attending and had that friend do the same for me. There no intent to scalp or trade extras going on at all in that setup and believe me, I choose my friends well - I trust them all implicitly not to abuse the system and jeopardize ANY account.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #140
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I do not believe so but perhaps I am more honest than some - to an extent. I have never, and will never request a show to trade tickets. I have, however, requested tickets for a friend for a show I was not attending and had that friend do the same for me. There no intent to scalp or trade extras going on at all in that setup and believe me, I choose my friends well - I trust them all implicitly not to abuse the system and jeopardize ANY account.
    I don't see anything morally wrong with that, but I think that's just as much gaming the system as trading. Don't misread me-I'm all for gaming the system, but I still think it's gaming the system.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #141
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't see anything morally wrong with that, but I think that's just as much gaming the system as trading. Don't misread me-I'm all for gaming the system, but I still think it's gaming the system.
    Honestly, I might feel guilty about this (morally speaking) if the WH didn't screw over senior members every chance they get since 2003 to get a few extra bucks in their pockets. 15 years of membership should count for something and for the first 5 years it did and I was happy making my own requests. Now, I am just as likely to get declined or given lawn seats with a first day account. They have taken away what I paid for so I have no problem working the system to get the best seats I can.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #142
    Sniper15

Shows Seen: 115

My Tour Central Stats

The warehouse doesn't give a fuck about seniority anymore; this isn't a new revelation
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #143
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sniper15 View Post
    The warehouse doesn't give a fuck about seniority anymore; this isn't a new revelation
    I don't think anyone would disagree with that. They have not cared at all since summer 2002 tour. Doesn't make it any less frustrating though considering when we all joined it was supposed to make a difference. They keep marginalizing us in favor of attracting new members and selling higher priced ticket packages. Every change they make will reinvigorate the pissed off members.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #144
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Honestly, I might feel guilty about this (morally speaking) if the WH didn't screw over senior members every chance they get since 2003 to get a few extra bucks in their pockets. 15 years of membership should count for something and for the first 5 years it did and I was happy making my own requests. Now, I am just as likely to get declined or given lawn seats with a first day account. They have taken away what I paid for so I have no problem working the system to get the best seats I can.
    Oh, I agree completely. My whole proposal regarding making all lower bowl seats Warehouse and all Warehouse tickets will call/ID is wholly contingent on seniority reigning (and I don't even have seniority anymore because I have let my membership laps like 5 or 6 times because there just isn't any benefit to it).
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #145
    mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That's fine if they wanted to take money from scalpers and put it in their pocket. But, not every close ticket was purchased through a scalper.
    So, to the fan like me who could pull good seats via the WH and never paid more than face or sold more than face, I'm screwed unless I'm willing to suddenly add a few hundred dollars to those same seats.

Quote:
    This has happened to me 3 times in the past.
    Twice because the person going with me has decided not to go (though both times I just went either solo or with a group of 'strangers.') and once b/c of a medical emergency. It can happen. Overall, I like the will-call idea, but I'd prefer some flexibility if something out of your control happens.

Quote:
    Like this - either insurance or some general understanding if there's enough notice that they can resell the tickets.

Quote:
    I'll be honest that I've requested shows knowing I was never going - I would request shows for my sister if I couldn't go with her. Obviously, I didn't sell them over face, but I never saw this as any different than the hordes of other people that request them for trades or request them for friends, etc.
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #146
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post

I'll be honest that I've requested shows knowing I was never going - I would request shows for my sister if I couldn't go with her. Obviously, I didn't sell them over face, but I never saw this as any different than the hordes of other people that request them for trades or request them for friends, etc.
    Listen, like I said, I'm all for gaming the system. But at least be cognizant that that's what you're doing.

Envision the warehouse as waiting in line. You're 12th in line. You've been waiting for three hours. The guy in 2nd place grabs a bullhorn and says "whoever gives me the most money can have my spot in line." Somebody who just got there and hasn't been waiting ponies up 300 dollars and takes that guy's spot in line.

The guy in 15th place in line says "I don't even really want to go this show, but I want to go the Gorge. Is there anybody who is willing to wait for 3 hours in line at the gorge in exchange for my spot in line?" Again, some dude who just got there and hasn't waited in line says "sure" and hops in that guy's place.

Now, you're 12th. You didn't really want to go to the show either, but your sister did. So you give her your spot in line. Hey, at least you didn't scalp them, and it's pretty much the same as trading, right?

Well, I'm 20th. And it doesn't matter to me whether you sold, traded, or gave away the tickets. In all three cases, some stranger who hasn't put in the time to wait in line just got ahead of me in line.

Point being, you can tell yourself that it's better because you didn't sell the tickets, so it's all hunkey-dorey, but if view the warehouse as a way of rewarding loyalty (ha!!), it's all the same.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #147
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    In all three cases, some stranger who hasn't put in the time to wait in line just got ahead of me in line.
    I believe I can speak for all early WH members in saying 'THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN SCREAMING FOR A DECADE!!!!' We HAVE put in the time AND money yet people who have been members for 10-15 years less than us have the exact same shot at the good seats. Basically, according to the way this fanclub was initially pitched to us all the newer members have jumped us in line.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #148
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I believe I can speak for all early WH members in saying 'THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN SCREAMING FOR A DECADE!!!!' We HAVE put in the time AND money yet people who have been members for 10-15 years less than us have the exact same shot at the good seats. Basically, according to the way this fanclub was initially pitched to us all the newer members have jumped us in line.
    Oh, I agree completely. Again, the entire argument for will call/ID for warehouse is premised upon seniority actually meaning something. As long as it doesn't, it should continue to be a free for all.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #149
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

and YNK - I am sorry if it seems I am singling you out. I only respond to posts I think warrant some input and yours have definitely made me think a bit. I certainly mean no offense, your posts just provide me something worthwhile to respond to while killing time.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #150
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

I don't even really think we have a fundamental disagreement. I know we both agree that ticketing should be based on seniority completely, or at least vastly more so than the current structure.