D&T Lawn - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-06-2017, 12:27 PM   #1
fonzieisdaman

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

D&T Lawn

I'm a long-time fan and I've been seeing the band for over 15 years now, mainly in Saratoga and the Northeast, but I'm sad to say I've never seen a D&T show. I'm equally pumped to say I'm going to SPAC N2 in a week or so. I'm well acquainted with the full-band show etiquette and procedures, particularly at SPAC, but a quick question to experienced D&T attendees:

Is the lawn vibe much more chill than full-band shows? I'm mainly asking whether it's more common for people to bring blankets, lawn chairs, etc. and sit back to enjoy the show. This kinda seems like a silly question but I like to chill out when listening to D&T and I don't want to be the only schlub sitting down for chunks of the show, not to mention I wouldn't be able to see if everyone stands and jams like they typically do for full-band gigs. Thanks for the feedback
fonzieisdaman is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-06-2017, 01:20 PM   #2
    MouphMadness

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: D&T Lawn

At Philly there was a big mix of standers vs sitters, and it was all in pockets across the lawn. The more you were to the center, the more there were "pockets" of people standing, and the more you were towards the sides, the more people were sitting. Everyone basically followed what the first 3 or 4 rows of the lawn were doing at that certain spot.

This all being said....SPAC could be a whooooole different beast when it comes to the lawn. By far the worst lawn experience I think most people have had for full band of any venue if you are looking for a "chill" experience.
    MouphMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #3
    dotpsd

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

It's hard to imagine a chill lawn at SPAC. Much like yourself, my experience at SPAC has always been to see the full band and the lawn is always a shitshow unless you position yourself far back or by one of the ramps to avoid people pushing and shoving in every direction.

I'm sure it will be a great show. Best of luck! The good thing about the lawn is you can always move around until you find the best area.
    dotpsd is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-06-2017, 01:31 PM   #4
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dotpsd View Post
    It's hard to imagine a chill lawn at SPAC. Much like yourself, my experience at SPAC has always been to see the full band and the lawn is always a shitshow unless you position yourself far back or by one of the ramps to avoid people pushing and shoving in every direction.

I'm sure it will be a great show. Best of luck! The good thing about the lawn is you can always move around until you find the best area.
    Never seen D&T at SPAC, but I have been to many shows there for several bands. I stopped sitting on the lawn over 10 years ago there because it was just not a great experience. I want to hear the bands I am paying to see, not a bunch of drunk dip-shits play out their high school or College drama.
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-06-2017, 01:33 PM   #5
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

If you like that nice claustrophobic feeling of being wedged between high school students who are having full conversations and yelling over the music while not being able to see the stage I think you might find the SPAC lawn is almost underrated
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-06-2017, 01:49 PM   #6
    fonzieisdaman

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dotpsd View Post

Good point, don't know why I didn't even think of posting up towards the back where there's some space to chill. Guess it's just engrained in my DNA to be in the heart of the lawn ... I'll probably do that. Shit-ton easier to grab an overpriced beer too

Thanks all
    fonzieisdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-08-2017, 07:36 PM   #7
    misschung

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

If you change your mind, SPAC Pit tickets just went up on Stubhub for the reasonably priced cost of $1K...