*** Offical SPAC 2017 *** - Page 81 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 03-28-2017, 04:45 AM   #2401
CrushLive
#dmb2encores

Shows Seen: 136

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Offical SPAC 2017 ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by coombse View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkLqAlIETkA

This may be one of the funniest fucking things I've ever heard.
"i'd really like to claim your ass"

"clitOOOOOris"

9/4/16 - Columbia River Survivor - Never Forget!

Hello Again Part 2: SPAC
CrushLive is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-28-2017, 04:45 AM   #2402
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Most of the regulars in here have met my son over the past few years, so this will hit home for some. Had to ground him today for lying to me and the wife... again. He watches a dog in our neighborhood after school 4x a week and today forgot the keys when he left for school. He told he would come back up and get them after to school and head down to watch the dog. Well, I knew he would have to come home by 3:30 to head down (that is when he is supposed to be at the apartment), so when 4:00 rolled around and he had not come home, I shot him quick text to find out where he was since he had not come home to grab the keys. This was the response:

I'm packing up now. The door was open so I went to work.

Yeah, saw through that bullshit like Swiss cheese. So, when he came home, I called his bluff and he tried to stick to his guns. I let it ride for a few then sat him down and said "Bud, your story doesn't hold water." Needless to say, he fell like a firework setup by Brad after SPAC N2. It was heart wrenching to see him cry, knowing that he had been given a lifeline once before (also lying about watching the dog when had not gone over) and decided to not learn from his past mistakes. (Also, found out he had skipped out other times on watching the dog and stayed out playing with his friends. Yeah, that sat well with me when I found that out.) Now he has to come after school the rest of week, crank out the homework, head to his room (or watch the dog, depending on the time,) then spend the rest of his day in his room with just books and Legos. No TV, no phone, no nothing until Saturday. Hopefully this one sticks. Sucks to be a parent sometimes.
    ouch...

but a good life lesson for O

Old 03-28-2017, 04:46 AM   #2403
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Back from a very fast trip in Florida. Baseball, beer and beach.... rinse, repeat.
    Mmmm beer

Old 03-28-2017, 04:46 AM   #2404
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Morning SPAC....dreary day out there again. Are we in the Pacific NW???

Old 03-28-2017, 04:47 AM   #2405
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Triple Encore +1

Anything you can do, I can do better Uncle Ed

Old 03-28-2017, 06:49 AM   #2406
    dobyblue

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BrahmaBull View Post
    I don't know how I'd feel if I was 42 and the last time I had a different summer was at age 17.
    You'd look at your $290,000,000 bank balance and say, "hey...summers are overrated."
    Old 03-28-2017, 07:26 AM   #2407
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It's setting a value system for him that you're establishing. Mixed signals make it worse. Trust me, I know. He's a great kid and your job is the hardest.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrushLive View Post
    ouch...

but a good life lesson for O
    Tough lesson for sure, but one that needed to be learned. Would rather have him fuck up now at 12 and know how that feels to get caught then let is slide and deal with it when he is in his late teens.
    Old 03-28-2017, 07:29 AM   #2408
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkLqAlIETkA

This may be one of the funniest fucking things I've ever heard.
    Now THAT is an audio book I would listen to.
    Old 03-28-2017, 07:48 AM   #2409
    coombse
    Salty, as fuck.

Shows Seen: 93

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Triple Encore +1

There may be a few things you can do, I can do better, Uncle Ed But the jury is still out
    There, I fixed that for you

**Survivor 2016 Columbia River Tragedy**
    coombse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-28-2017, 05:58 PM   #2410
    Floyd47

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Tough lesson for sure, but one that needed to be learned. Would rather have him fuck up now at 12 and know how that feels to get caught then let is slide and deal with it when he is in his late teens.
    I read your post last night... I don't look forward to those types of things. I think only in the last couple years I realized how those types of situations must suck for parents, even though they can't let you know that.
    Old 03-28-2017, 06:04 PM   #2411
    Floyd47

My Tour Central Stats

Also, I have gained a new found appreciation for early 90s Two Steps. I knew the earlier ones didn't have the same intro, but I was listening to Red Rocks the other day and really got into that great (happy sounding) outro that the song lost around 1996. Not sure how I didn't notice the stark difference before. Also listened to a real good '92 version with a griesar jam / outro.
    Old 03-29-2017, 07:41 AM   #2412
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Floyd47 View Post
    I read your post last night... I don't look forward to those types of things. I think only in the last couple years I realized how those types of situations must suck for parents, even though they can't let you know that.
    Like Ed said, the job of parenting is hard. However, it is so rewarding at the same time. All of our parents went through it with all of us, and they all survived, as did all of us. In my case, the tough/hard times are very rare, which is a blessing. I am entering the teen years, so there will be new things to deal with and I just hope that the expectations and responsibility has been set so that he knows how to make good decisions and the consequences if he chooses to not. In a few years when he gets to high school, if we still live in NYC, he will be commuting to school every day. So I need to be damn sure that he is making good decisions.

I expressed to him on Monday, in no uncertain terms, that based on his past ability to be honest and trustworthy, the he had obtained a certain amount of freedom and autonomy. But his recent actions had put all of the into a very precarious position and I was ready to put back on the shackles. Hopefully a week with no phone, no free time with friends, no TV, just sitting in his room after school and all other non-eating times leaves an impression on him.
    Old 03-29-2017, 08:33 AM   #2413
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Also, I have gained a new found appreciation for early 90s Two Steps. I knew the earlier ones didn't have the same intro, but I was listening to Red Rocks the other day and really got into that great (happy sounding) outro that the song lost around 1996. Not sure how I didn't notice the stark difference before. Also listened to a real good '92 version with a griesar jam / outro.
    I love me some '96 Two Step's

Old 03-29-2017, 09:16 AM   #2414
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    It is also crazy how short the '96 Two Step's are compared to the recent years. Most '96 versions clocked in at less then 8 minutes. Shows that song can be short but sweet for certain...
    Old 03-29-2017, 11:40 AM   #2415
    coombse
    Salty, as fuck.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Like Ed said, the job of parenting is hard. However, it is so rewarding at the same time. All of our parents went through it with all of us, and they all survived, as did all of us. In my case, the tough/hard times are very rare, which is a blessing. I am entering the teen years, so there will be new things to deal with and I just hope that the expectations and responsibility has been set so that he knows how to make good decisions and the consequences if he chooses to not. In a few years when he gets to high school, if we still live in NYC, he will be commuting to school every day. So I need to be damn sure that he is making good decisions.

I expressed to him on Monday, in no uncertain terms, that based on his past ability to be honest and trustworthy, the he had obtained a certain amount of freedom and autonomy. But his recent actions had put all of the into a very precarious position and I was ready to put back on the shackles. Hopefully a week with no phone, no free time with friends, no TV, just sitting in his room after school and all other non-eating times leaves an impression on him.
    you can accumulate 10,000 "atta boys" and they're all out the window with one "you fucked up" -

Also, earning back someones trust is far harder than losing it.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:33 PM   #2416
    Floyd47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    It is also crazy how short the '96 Two Step's are compared to the recent years. Most '96 versions clocked in at less then 8 minutes. Shows that song can be short but sweet for certain...
    I'll have to go listen to a 96 version... The other day I listened to the one on the live trax from Shoreline 97. That version sounds much more like what we have today, but is probably less than 10 minutes
    Old 03-29-2017, 04:35 PM   #2417
    Floyd47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I have no doubt about the difficulty and the rewarding parts... definitely something I'll look forward to at a later stage of life.
    Old 03-29-2017, 07:21 PM   #2418
    joeymuldoons

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

On the topic of parenting:
    Those of you who have befriended me on the 'book may have seen a recent post I made where I reached out to anyone who could see the post (which by nature would only be people I know) about creating a larger network of sitters for my little guy. As it stands, it's my wife's parents and one of her sisters. Not often either.

Well, I got a lot of unexpected responses of people offering to help. Ah, but one of the sisters had a gripe. She's not a parent. I got this info second hand, but the gist of it is: I chose to have a kid, it's my responsibility and how dare I.

Oh. Oh,no. I explained it to her like this: imagine you have a job. Now, the second you get out of work, you have to go straight to your second job. The second job is enjoyable most times, but it's still work. Now, you come home and literally the only thing you can do is go to bed before doing it all over again tomorrow. This happens for months on end. That's literally what being a parent is.

You don't get time to be with your spouse, really relax or do anything but be a parent unless someone is willing to cover for you. That's a lot to do with the phrase "it takes a village to raise a child". I'm sure you'd feel justified in asking for days off or for vacation from your second job. That's all I'm asking for.

She hasn't replied.

facebook.

summer 2019: SPAC, Charlotte
    joeymuldoons is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-29-2017, 07:22 PM   #2419
    joeymuldoons

My Tour Central Stats

Scored a pair of balcony. Sec 22 on the side close to 24. Seat says obstructed view. Anyone know how obstructed?

facebook.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:25 PM   #2420
    joeymuldoons

My Tour Central Stats

Health scare: things didn't feel right Sunday, again on Monday. Went to the ER Monday night because I was worried I was starting to have a heart attack. False alarm. Saw my primary today who sent me to a cardiologist, spent all afternoon getting checked out. Wearing this sweet heart monitor for 24 hours.

facebook.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:41 PM   #2421
    coombse
    Salty, as fuck.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joeymuldoons View Post
    Scored a pair of balcony. Sec 22 on the side close to 24. Seat says obstructed view. Anyone know how obstructed?
    pole will annoy you since there will be no scantily clad woman dangling from it

Old 03-29-2017, 07:47 PM   #2422
    joeymuldoons

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    pole will annoy you since there will be no scantily clad woman dangling from it
    There won't be or usually isn't? If it's the latter, I have a chance!

But seriously, can I see any of the stage?

facebook.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:54 PM   #2423
    coombse
    Salty, as fuck.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joeymuldoons View Post
    There won't be or usually isn't? If it's the latter, I have a chance!

But seriously, can I see any of the stage?
    you will see the stage but its an issue for some people that there's a partial wall in your face

Old 03-30-2017, 04:39 AM   #2424
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    you will see the stage but its an issue for some people that there's a partial wall in your face
    also depends where pole is in your view. if it's right in front of D&T then big issue. if it's side stage, nbd.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:39 AM   #2425
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Morning SPAC...today seems like a good day to have a brewski with Uncle Ed.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:04 AM   #2426
    redsox14

Shows Seen: 102

DMB Hub Stubs: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Morning SPAC. Going to be a long day. Couldn't sleep last night. It was past 3am and still hadnt fallen asleep, Couldn't turn my mind off.

Jen
    redsox14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-30-2017, 07:25 AM   #2427
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Morning SPAC...today seems like a good day to have a brewski with Uncle Ed.
    One does not simply have a brewski with Uncle Ed.
    Old 03-30-2017, 07:26 AM   #2428
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by redsox14 View Post
    Morning SPAC. Going to be a long day. Couldn't sleep last night. It was past 3am and still hadnt fallen asleep, Couldn't turn my mind off.
    Oh yuck, hope the day goes quick. If not, just pound coffee, red bulls, monster or simply take speed to keep the eyes open.
    Old 03-30-2017, 07:53 AM   #2429
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    One does not simply have a brewski with Uncle Ed.
    you're right. he's gonna tell 4 good stories...3 will be true. I just have to figure out which ones are

Old 03-30-2017, 08:04 AM   #2430
    twostone

Shows Seen: 128

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone have SPAC N2 premium?

FT:
    SPAC N1 - Section 1 row E (warehouse premium pair)
    SPAC N2 - Section 2 row S ($95 pair)

ISO:
    SPAC N2 - warehouse premium pair
    twostone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
    code brown , ethaning , ginger troll , pontoon boat tragedy , whats going on here?!?!