24 to return! - Page 13 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-07-2017, 06:34 AM   #361
Jordan#41

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 24 to return!

Watched both hours last night. Pretty bad. WTF is the school storyline? Awful.
Jordan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-07-2017, 06:51 AM   #362
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I liked it, but I wasn't expecting the same excitement/feels as OG 24. Much of the same kinda plotlines and cliches already showing up. But I just take it for what it is; something stupid and entertaining to watch.
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2017, 06:59 AM   #363
    MOWJO8185

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I watched 15 minutes of it and actually actively hated it. It's like everything that was ever bad about 24 without anything good (namely Jack).
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-14-2017, 08:09 PM   #364
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Not great but I do like Black Bauer.
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-22-2017, 05:14 PM   #365
    NKAWGNEATO

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Has anyone been watching? It's been on a while so I don't think spoilers matter at this point. But don't keep reading if you're not caught up.

I think the season thus far has been okay. I like the Aaron character. He was actually in the King Kong movie. Other than that, I feel like there's been some crazy plot holes.

Why did Isaac take that younger kid in a room when they were all in that house together and shoot him presumably? You did hear a gun shot. Also he pushed down his sister in law. But in the episode last week he tells her that he loves her. Is he a good guy, bad guy, tweener?

That whole plot arc with the chick who stabbed her teacher boyfriend. Just weird all around. She was in the hospital with that kid, felt conflicted about killing him, he wakes up, she kills him anyway and then carries out the brother's wishes and blows up the bridge. What about having a conscience? And how and why did the father show up?

I thought Smits was a president on the show. And is the Simon and Simon guy a bad guy or not? I didn't see Monday's show. I don't know, it's not quite up to snuff as the Keifer shows but it could be worse.

Thoughts?

Last edited by NKAWGNEATO; 03-22-2017 at 05:15 PM.
    NKAWGNEATO is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-22-2017, 05:43 PM   #366
    Jordan#41

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NKAWGNEATO View Post
    Has anyone been watching? It's been on a while so I don't think spoilers matter at this point. But don't keep reading if you're not caught up.

I think the season thus far has been okay. I like the Aaron character. He was actually in the King Kong movie. Other than that, I feel like there's been some crazy plot holes.

Why did Isaac take that younger kid in a room when they were all in that house together and shoot him presumably? You did hear a gun shot. Also he pushed down his sister in law. But in the episode last week he tells her that he loves her. Is he a good guy, bad guy, tweener?

That whole plot arc with the chick who stabbed her teacher boyfriend. Just weird all around. She was in the hospital with that kid, felt conflicted about killing him, he wakes up, she kills him anyway and then carries out the brother's wishes and blows up the bridge. What about having a conscience? And how and why did the father show up?

I thought Smits was a president on the show. And is the Simon and Simon guy a bad guy or not? I didn't see Monday's show. I don't know, it's not quite up to snuff as the Keifer shows but it could be worse.

Thoughts?

Monday's episode was probably the best of the season thus far.
    Jordan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-23-2017, 07:18 AM   #367
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

I've been quite enjoying it. It's not on par with the peak of the original show (Seasons 1-5, IMO) but it's solid and I hope it sticks around past this season. (Amateur screenwriter idea but....how about a future season that revolves around Eric Carter leading some type of operation to break Jack Bauer out of the Russian prison?? Work in Chloe O'Brien and Tony Almeida as support, etc...good blend of old and new, and that way you could have a story that focuses on Jack without actually needing him to appear in the show until the final episode or two.)

Side note, I recently got done re-watching 'Live Another Day' for the first time since it originally aired and man, they did a great job with that. I really loved it and forgot how good it was.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
    AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-23-2017, 07:59 AM   #368
    dobyblue

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

I feel like it's a pretty average show but as far as 24 goes it's definitely last for me. I actually may have placed it before Day Six which I'd have dead last before Legacy started, but the shaky cam and small jarring nonsensical changes in focal length/zoom really drive me fucking nuts. It just looks like some high schoolers are behind the camera trying to make it look edgy to cover up where it isn't edgy at all and it fails miserably.

Two eps ago when the van first drives onto the bridge there was an overhead shot that just looked so good, not shaky or wobbly, not indecisive on the zoom length...it actually looked like a professionally filmed show for a second. On the news screens showing the explosion, even the far off one is shaking around, it wouldn't! Jesus even the people running from the towers falling on 9/11 was less shaky than this show and that's pretty pathetic.

I'm continuing to watch because it's only 12 eps, I would have stopped by now if it was 24.

Also, Carlos Bernard has still got it. Tony Almeida spin off, no shaky cam, would be sweet.