*** Offical SPAC 2017 *** - Page 92 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 05-25-2017, 01:16 PM   #2731
whodat
CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Offical SPAC 2017 ***

Damn, 4 years ago today, I met a lot of fine folks and experienced SPAC for the very first time. Funny that is raining today too. Just thankfully, it is not as cold and we are all outside tailgating for N1 and losing feeling in our fingers and toes.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-25-2017, 02:44 PM   #2732
    Timebomb07

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Floyd47 View Post
    For sale: a single ticket for each night of SPAC. N1 ticket is section 19 row A. N2 ticket is section 19 row F.

Selling together. Face, fees, shipping. PM me.

ooo - 19a is a nice seat!

Someone grab these? I may be interested...
    Timebomb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-25-2017, 03:17 PM   #2733
    jjr4884

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Damn, 4 years ago today, I met a lot of fine folks and experienced SPAC for the very first time. Funny that is raining today too. Just thankfully, it is not as cold and we are all outside tailgating for N1 and losing feeling in our fingers and toes.
    I spent $200 at Eddie Bauer that year getting thermal socks and waterproof gear/jacket/etc. Still got it too, every time I wear that dumb jacket I think about standing in the rain (47 degrees that night) making the best out of the show. Still worth it.
    Old 05-25-2017, 03:33 PM   #2734
    jjr4884

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Damn, 4 years ago today....
    You just reminded me of this....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post
    Wrote this to a friend this morning. Figured I would share with you fine people. The post-SPAC depression didn't hit me very hard this year, but man... something about this Monday morning put me in another state mentally lol. Maybe its the weekend hangover, maybe the pats loss, but clearly i needed a happy place in my thoughts and couldn't think of anything better than the short novel below. I'm sure most of you can agree with a good amount of the emotions SPAC weekend brings to you. Enjoy if you are bored lol...

It is a bright Friday morning. Although I lay in my hotel bed, partially dehydrated from what seemed to be an endless night dancing up and down Caroline St, the sun powerfully shines through my window, persistently inviting me to get outside. Slowly but surely, I comply. I check the weather, blue skies and its 75 degrees out. Fair enough, time to get up and hit the reset button. Cold water, clean teeth, and my most comfortable pair of sandals will do the trick. 8:30am I step out onto the sidewalks of Broadway. I take a deep breath and a nice long stretch as I invigorate myself with the warm yet refreshing gusts that run through the (for now) desolate streets of Saratoga.

As I continue on my morning stroll, I can’t help but reminisce past memories that have taken place on this remarkable street. Our first drive in, and what a drive that was. The random folks I met late at night playing DMB on the guitar on a bench outside of The Downtowner where we sang for hours. Few places in my life give me the same feeling of excitement as it does tranquility. This quiet peaceful wander into town on an early Friday morning. The calm before the storm. As you pass local businesses you hear the faint lyrics like “Sweet like candy to my soul” and “I was just wondering if you’d come along.” Shop owners eagerly place “Welcome DMB Fans” signs outside of their stores. That feelings of tranquility quickly dissipates and morphs into a state of euphoria.

Where you are at this very moment in life is a place you wouldn’t trade for the world. Two concerts staring you right in the face with amazing friends and fans. The drive up is done. The hectic last minute ticket trades are done and you are happily secured with the highly coveted seats in SPAC, one of the most anticipated DMB venues for almost the last 2 decades. VIP parking is ready to go. There is no more leg work. Your passion, your commitment, and all of the energy and talk and hype has finally led up to a moment where you can take in the beautiful yet uninhabited streets of downtown Saratoga. This will soon change, but for now, you are welcomed warmly to this quaint and adorable place by local patrons walking their pups and several early risers looking for some much needed good java.

Uncommon Grounds now only a few paces away. Luckily I arrive well before the masses of caffeine deprived Ants swarm in to what should be considered “The Morning DMB Embassy.” The smell of a toasted everything bagel and freshly brewed coffee is nothing short of awakening. I order, pay, and casually sit down outside and just enjoy every second, every bite, every sip. Simplicity is highly underrated in moments like this. As I sit in silence I look around and eagerly await the transformation that is only several hours away. I can’t help but smirk knowing that the highways are filling up with thousands of fans heading this way. Although my prior day arrival limits my chances of making temporary highway friends with other rear windshield “Firedancer sticker put-er-on’ers,” the time I spend observing the evolution of this “DMB Town” makes it well worth it.

And then, that is it. The fans. The town. The shops and restaurants. The infamous Hattie’s brunch and beers on tap at Druthers. The excitement of potentially seeing band members on a Saturday afternoon. The drive in to the Avenue of the Pines. That moment of eruption that takes place once the band members appear on stage.

Gone. Done.

Where did the time go? How did this happen so quickly? Was I not paying enough attention to every moment? As I fill up my gas tank at the Mobil right near the Rt. 87 onramp, I contemplate what I could have done differently to make it go by slower. I tried to do everything possible. I woke up early. I went to bed late. I seized every moment possible, yet as I stand there, leaning against my car, catatonically gazing at the rising fuel gallon meter, I think to myself…. Just put me back to that place so special to me. Put me back to that Friday morning, sipping a coffee and indulging a liberally buttered bagel, sitting peacefully in (essentially) the only moment possible during this amazing weekend where I can actually have the power to stop time and enjoy it. No distractions. No stimulation. Just myself, my thoughts, and the irrepressible yet contained joy and contentment of what the next 48 hours has to bring. What’d I’d give to turn my car around and just do it all over again. Inevitably so, patience is a virtue, so until next time, I’ll make sure these vivid memories console the post-SPAC weekend depression that is certain to visit one several times throughout the next few seasons
    Severe SPAC withdrawals when I wrote that, but as I read it now, its getting me amped up. 3 weeks people!

I'm coming up on Wednesday night this time lol. The Hilton is booked so i'm staying at the Downtowner for one night, my old stomping grounds
    Old 05-25-2017, 07:38 PM   #2735
    Floyd47

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Timebomb07 View Post
    ooo - 19a is a nice seat!

Someone grab these? I may be interested...
    Both are still available. Let me know if you want them. And yeah, wish I could use that 19 row A!
    Old 05-26-2017, 07:47 AM   #2736
    bps2223
    You&Me23

Shows Seen: 50

My Tour Central Stats

Looking to trade for SPAC N1 pair for a pair of SPAC N2 lowers or a pair of CMAC Lowers

I have to offer the following from SPAC N1:
    Section 27 pair row O
    Section 13 pair row PP
    Section 9 separates (1 row apart) rows LL & MM

email me with any inquires or interest. sheehan23@gmail.com

Thank you!

Last edited by bps2223; 05-26-2017 at 07:50 AM.
    bps2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2017, 12:30 PM   #2737
    Titotimmy
    Lillywhite's Tapeworm

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

what's up guys, long time lurker; first post.

So after only having gone to our local shows the past 3 summers (Mansfield, MA) and it being the first summer me and my best friend are both of legal drinking age it's only right that we make the DMB pilgrimage that is SPAC.

We're broke college kids so two nights on the lawn will be just fine for us. When it comes to lodging obviously Saratoga isn't the most conducive city for a kid on a waiting tables 3 nights a week budget, BUT i have heard varying opinions on camping around Saratoga. Can anyone shed light on Lee's Park? I've found threads regarding Lee's circa 2013 so some insight from someone that has stayed a little more recently would be nice.

From what I hear it's a big ol' party pretty much 24/7 (which we are more than happy to contribute to) but has the bare minimum in terms of washrooms (or cleanliness in general lol.) Lee's seems to be the move in terms of our budget and atmosphere but if anyone had any other cost effective alternatives worth mentioning I'd appreciate it.

Also if you guys want to drop some good spots in town to drink at that'd be sweet....

basically in general I'm looking for the first timer's guide to SPAC xD Looking forward to the best weekend of the summer with some great people and even better music. See ya'll there baby.
    Titotimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2017, 11:46 PM   #2738
    cowboyup1494

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone staying at the Robin Hood motel, or stayed in the past? Doesnt look to bad but wanted to here opinions.
    Staying both nights this year, its been a few years since seeing DMB here.

AND we've lucked out and have SECOND ROW PIT tickets N1 along with hospitality lounge passes, decided last minute on the N2 so just going with lawn. Has anyone had theses lounge passes that can give some insight?
    cowboyup1494 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2017, 05:20 AM   #2739
    CrashDMB237

Shows Seen: 41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cowboyup1494 View Post
    Anyone staying at the Robin Hood motel, or stayed in the past? Doesnt look to bad but wanted to here opinions.

AND we've lucked out and have SECOND ROW PIT tickets N1 along with hospitality lounge passes, decided last minute on the N2 so just going with lawn. Has anyone had theses lounge passes that can give some insight?
    I used to have lounge passes pretty regularly back in 2005-2006 (not the greatest time period I know). Back then, the lounge was free food and drink with the occasional pop in by a band member pre show.
    CrashDMB237 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2017, 08:41 AM   #2740
    Floyd47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    For sale: a single ticket for each night of SPAC. N1 ticket is section 19 row A. N2 ticket is section 19 row F.

Selling together. Face, fees, shipping. PM me.
    These are sold
    Old 05-27-2017, 12:22 PM   #2741
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    These are sold
    I will try and break the news to O as easily as I can. Will make sure to record the tears of sadness for all to see.
    Old 05-27-2017, 02:56 PM   #2742
    Floyd47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I will try and break the news to O as easily as I can. Will make sure to record the tears of sadness for all to see.
    Please do

Jokes aside, one day he'll get old enough and start going to shows on his own...
    Old 05-27-2017, 09:16 PM   #2743
    coombse
    Salty, as fuck.

Shows Seen: 93

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Please do

Jokes aside, one day he'll get old enough and start going to shows on his own...
    No fucking way. By the time he can do that ill be behaving and he can turn around and wave to his dad from his seat next me. That kid is,awesome, it can only get better. There will be bumps but he wont get knocked off the tracks, unless brads involved.

**Survivor 2016 Columbia River Tragedy**
    coombse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2017, 09:37 AM   #2744
    Miller9

Shows Seen: 101

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

I'm sure I'm joining a long list of people ISO N2 tickets, but looking for a pair anywhere inside N2!
    Old 05-28-2017, 10:50 PM   #2745
    Floyd47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coombse View Post
    No fucking way. By the time he can do that ill be behaving and he can turn around and wave to his dad from his seat next me. That kid is,awesome, it can only get better. There will be bumps but he wont get knocked off the tracks, unless brads involved.
    Fair enough Uncle Ed. I didn't grow up in New York going to SPAC with the crew, so I had go to shows by myself . But I still ended up doing that accounting thing I've heard you talk about
    Old 05-29-2017, 06:22 AM   #2746
    coombse
    Salty, as fuck.

Shows Seen: 93

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Fair enough Uncle Ed. I didn't grow up in New York going to SPAC with the crew, so I had go to shows by myself . But I still ended up doing that accounting thing I've heard you talk about

One of my favorite times ever at SPAC was 2004. Had some womenz drama and I just went solo, totally solo. Sold pairs of section 1 seats and did N1 from Sec 1 row A and n2 in balcony, Sec 16 Row A. Met many, many of the people I see every SPAC show.

That accounting thing was a great base for me. I worked at a big 4 firm, it was business bootcamp, but, it was worthwhile experience. I was a non traditional student when I got my bachelors, working part time, and being the lowest guy on the chart. It helped me become a good manager.

I will tell anyone, its just a fucking job and most of the time you're stressed, it really, deep down, means you need to get the fuck over yourself.

**Survivor 2016 Columbia River Tragedy**
    coombse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-29-2017, 10:40 AM   #2747
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

My Tour Central Stats

Don't think I'm doing SPAC at all this year. Probably spending that weekend lost in the woods about two hours from SPAC, doing CMAC next weekend. Anybody from here going to be around?
    Old 05-29-2017, 01:03 PM   #2748
    YNK4127

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Coming in from CT for N2. First time ever at SPAC. What is the parking like there? Is it easy to find a spot? I don't care how long it takes getting out, just as long as I can find a spot. Looking at pictures, it looks like parking is rather limited, is that the case?
    YNK4127 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-29-2017, 03:09 PM   #2749
    Floyd47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YNK4127 View Post
    Coming in from CT for N2. First time ever at SPAC. What is the parking like there? Is it easy to find a spot? I don't care how long it takes getting out, just as long as I can find a spot. Looking at pictures, it looks like parking is rather limited, is that the case?
    There is a lot of parking. Two big lots right off Route 50 by the venue. One lot is across 50 and one is on the same side as the venue. There are some smaller lots inside the state park.
    Old 05-29-2017, 03:55 PM   #2750
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

Shows Seen: 136

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Great times. I'll always remember you came outside to grill with me at my old place. Much appreciated.

9/4/16 - Columbia River Survivor - Never Forget!

Hello Again Part 2: SPAC
    CrushLive is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-29-2017, 03:57 PM   #2751
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post
    You just reminded me of this....

Severe SPAC withdrawals when I wrote that, but as I read it now, its getting me amped up. 3 weeks people!

I'm coming up on Wednesday night this time lol. The Hilton is booked so i'm staying at the Downtowner for one night, my old stomping grounds
    You decide where you're eating yet?

I'm checking out Boca Bistro the week after SPAC. Excited for that.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:58 PM   #2752
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Checked out equilibrium and Troegs breweries this weekend. Good stuff

Old 05-29-2017, 03:58 PM   #2753
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Triple encore. 6 days till cmac!

Old 05-29-2017, 04:01 PM   #2754
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cowboyup1494 View Post

Lounge = free booze and light snacks

Old 05-29-2017, 04:03 PM   #2755
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YNK4127 View Post
    Floyd said it pretty well. Get in at a good hour and park in the route 50 east lot.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:04 PM   #2756
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrushLive View Post
    Triple encore. 6 days till cmac!

When you going out? Sunday?
    Old 05-30-2017, 05:39 AM   #2757
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrushLive View Post
    Checked out equilibrium and Troegs breweries this weekend. Good stuff

How good is Troegs' food?? I go out once a year just for lunch. Always do the $5 tour over the walking tour to get the "rare" pint glass and sample some additional beer.
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-30-2017, 06:38 AM   #2758
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    When you going out? Sunday?
    Friday...hometown and all

Old 05-30-2017, 06:41 AM   #2759
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 View Post
    How good is Troegs' food?? I go out once a year just for lunch. Always do the $5 tour over the walking tour to get the "rare" pint glass and sample some additional beer.
    Quick trip this time around but 2 years ago with Uncle Ed and Joe M, had the food and it was pretty good

Old 05-30-2017, 06:43 AM   #2760
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

My Tour Central Stats

Morning SPAC...I smell overtime at the winery this week after a big shitshow last week

Tags
    code brown , ethaning , ginger troll , pontoon boat tragedy , whats going on here?!?!