Any news on how the Live Trax voting is going? - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #31
emtphish
Philly = Ugly

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Any news on how the Live Trax voting is going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
mgmt is interested and aware of which shows fans want via the voting here at ants
and yet we arent. wow. thats fair. waste our time and have no one be accountable.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #32
    emtphish
    Philly = Ugly

My Tour Central Stats

It reminds of the DMB survey of what songs we want. But atleast we got 41 from 4-20-02. but then they put on the songs they did on Warehouse cd. They wasted our time.
    Old 02-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #33
    Barbossa
    Spontaneous Incognito

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

I just hope we get a show from the 90s for a change.
    Old 02-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #34
    emtphish
    Philly = Ugly

My Tour Central Stats

Just like the Fonz survey "Which song do you want to return?" and then none in the top 10 return. Nice, real classy Fonz! Dont ask if you arent going to do something about it. Waste our time.
    Old 02-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #35
    dmbddigi22
    blue water raven

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by emtphish View Post
    Just like the Fonz survey "Which song do you want to return?" and then none in the top 10 return. Nice, real classy Fonz! Dont ask if you arent going to do something about it. Waste our time.
    Wasn't SUAD on the top 10 list..

Camden

dmbddigi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #36
    emtphish
    Philly = Ugly

My Tour Central Stats

blue water was #1. good good time, sugarwill, crazy easy, captain, you never know, kit kat jam, jtr, minarets, recently, 36 and spoon.

thats the list I remember.
    Old 02-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #37
    r

Shows Seen: 73

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

I think SUAD was #2 actually.
    Old 02-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #38
    Barbossa
    Spontaneous Incognito

My Tour Central Stats

SUAD was #2
    Old 02-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #39
    emtphish
    Philly = Ugly

My Tour Central Stats

ok, we got 1 out of 15 or so. great ratio. he could have guessed that. he didnt need a poll to figure out one of the songs we wanted.
    Old 02-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #40
    highlander4
    MM #5 "The Perv"

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    ok, we got 1 out of 15 or so. great ratio. he could have guessed that. he didnt need a poll to figure out one of the songs we wanted.
    We actually got You Never Know as well...... A great song. We also go the return of Dreaming Tree another huge fan favorite. The band does do things for the fans just not everything. They will play what they feel at the moment. It is why they are still so good after all these years. The passion and love of the music. Don't be such a downer it will come just be patient.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister View Post
    I AM THE FATHER OF WEENIS!
    Not a hero, Not a fool, I'm not perfect, I'm flesh and bones, And I'm exactly what you need
    Highlander around the sense of self
    Mattsmarching Chat Thread
    Ambassador to SMHPIP
    highlander4 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2008, 03:52 PM   #41
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    and yet we arent. wow. thats fair. waste our time and have no one be accountable.

ok, what if I told you that - for example - only 20 more votes and 2.30.00 would be the release! 20 more people would run over to vote for 2.30.00

whereas now we have an unbiased vote.

this isnt' rocket science
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #42
    highlander4
    MM #5 "The Perv"

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    ok, what if I told you that - for example - only 20 more votes and 2.30.00 would be the release! 20 more people would run over to vote for 2.30.00

whereas now we have an unbiased vote.

this isnt' rocket science
    Jake I agree with what you are saying to a point. I guess the main reason I asked originally was to see if we had any movement. Like a top 20 list or something.... I understand not wanting to have a biased opinon about the voting but it could be interesting to see what shows people are leaning towards. I think for the most part the consistant fans on here have an idea of what the favorite shows are it would just be nice to see what the majoritiy of the "normal" fans are thinking. Can you tell us how many total votes have been cast? That might be a start just to see if people are even taking advantage of this opportunity to have our voice heard.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister View Post
    I AM THE FATHER OF WEENIS!
    Not a hero, Not a fool, I'm not perfect, I'm flesh and bones, And I'm exactly what you need
    Highlander around the sense of self
    Mattsmarching Chat Thread
    Ambassador to SMHPIP
    highlander4 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #43
    Hershey2004
    Kill The Preacher

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by highlander4 View Post
    Jake I agree with what you are saying to a point. I guess the main reason I asked originally was to see if we had any movement. Like a top 20 list or something.... I understand not wanting to have a biased opinon about the voting but it could be interesting to see what shows people are leaning towards. I think for the most part the consistant fans on here have an idea of what the favorite shows are it would just be nice to see what the majoritiy of the "normal" fans are thinking. Can you tell us how many total votes have been cast? That might be a start just to see if people are even taking advantage of this opportunity to have our voice heard.
    I agree. There are ways to let us see SOME fruits of our labor without spoiling the whole batch. And besides, we could give a million votes to a particular show and management will STILL decide to release whatever they want. So I think a nice Top 10 list of shows (in no particular order) would be a very welcome treat to everyone who has voted all this time.
    Hershey2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2008, 06:20 PM   #44
    TGaucho
    A Fool To Think

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbddigi22 View Post
    Wasn't SUAD on the top 10 list..
    yes it was
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rsteiner12 View Post
    I think SUAD was #2 actually.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by colegibson View Post
    SUAD was #2

~ DMB Fantasy Tour 2007 CHAMPION ~
    TGaucho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #45
    emtphish
    Philly = Ugly

My Tour Central Stats

I want to see an unranked top 10 list. I want to know what shows to download.

you obviously will never be confused with a rocket scientist, thats for sure!

trust me, we dont have the power to get DMB to release a certain show so dont kid yourself. also, people would not vote for it if they didnt want it, you should know that. there are more haters on this board that complain about everything DMB does, you think they will actually go to a show they hated/dislike and vote for it? no way! i actually bet more people would go in and vote "dont make this a livetrax" if this was an option. haha

in addition, there is no way people are still voting anymore. at your rate, eventually you are just going to get everyone to vote for everything.

and you said that you are already letting DMB management know the voting results, so whats with that! you are just holding out on the very people that voted! thats wrong!

btw - I voted for LT11, so I am happy. if you dont release the votes, there are other subtle ways of finding out that are more effort, but atleast we would have an idea vs. what you are giving us, which is NOTHING!

and yes, I really have a huge problem with this. I think you are on some weird ass power trip and your justifications are awful AND quite frankly dumb. "what if I said 20 more votes and dmb will release this". wow. give me a freaking break.

and if you ban me because i hurt your feelings and you want to have the last word, then that shows how wrong you are.
    Old 02-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #46
    TGaucho
    A Fool To Think

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    i pretty much disagree with everything else you've said here, and your tone and attitude are totally uncalled for, but i'll say this: That is a damn good idea. Maybe not Top 10 . . but a Top 20 or 25 would be very cool. That way those of us who are really interested can download those shows, listen, and make educated choices from that point on.

~ DMB Fantasy Tour 2007 CHAMPION ~
    TGaucho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2008, 08:22 PM   #47
    Barbossa
    Spontaneous Incognito

My Tour Central Stats

SUAD was #2
    Old 02-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #48
    davefanfrombama
    Christian

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

trust me, we dont have the power to get DMB to release a certain show so dont kid yourself. also, people would not vote for it if they didnt want it, you should know that. there are more haters on this board that complain about everything DMB does, you think they will actually go to a show they hated/dislike and vote for it? no way! i actually bet more people would go in and vote "dont make this a livetrax" if this was an option. haha

in addition, there is no way people are still voting anymore. at your rate, eventually you are just going to get everyone to vote for everything.

and you said that you are already letting DMB management know the voting results, so whats with that! you are just holding out on the very people that voted! thats wrong!

btw - I voted for LT11, so I am happy. if you dont release the votes, there are other subtle ways of finding out that are more effort, but atleast we would have an idea vs. what you are giving us, which is NOTHING!

and yes, I really have a huge problem with this. I think you are on some weird ass power trip and your justifications are awful AND quite frankly dumb. "what if I said 20 more votes and dmb will release this". wow. give me a freaking break.

and if you ban me because i hurt your feelings and you want to have the last word, then that shows how wrong you are.
    It's really quite simple why they won't tell us the results. If they tell us any leaders at all, people will jump on those shows and vote for them. Humans are very social, and will behave in a manner that will allow them to feel like they are included in a larger party than themselves. Therefore, in a survey in which people can vote for whatever and as many shows as they want that could possibly have an effect on the mgmt, you must rule out as many variables as possible. In lieu of the situation that it's an "all you can click" voting scheme, it has to remain unbiased. They want our TRUE opinions of our favorite shows. This is impossible if any information is revealed.
    davefanfrombama is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2008, 08:59 PM   #49
    rickyh24
    GOAT

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

You're going to lose sleep over this aren't you?
    rickyh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2008, 09:02 PM   #50
    zachyd
    Torture of chalkdust.

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Ever heard of patience?
    Old 02-27-2008, 09:06 PM   #51
    Barbossa
    Spontaneous Incognito

My Tour Central Stats

Blue Water was #1, but SUAD was #2.
    Old 02-27-2008, 09:07 PM   #52
    emtphish
    Philly = Ugly

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davefanfrombama View Post
    It's really quite simple why they won't tell us the results. If they tell us any leaders at all, people will jump on those shows and vote for them. Humans are very social, and will behave in a manner that will allow them to feel like they are included in a larger party than themselves. Therefore, in a survey in which people can vote for whatever and as many shows as they want that could possibly have an effect on the mgmt, you must rule out as many variables as possible. In lieu of the situation that it's an "all you can click" voting scheme, it has to remain unbiased. They want our TRUE opinions of our favorite shows. This is impossible if any information is revealed.
    do you really think anything is going to change after all this time? I ratios wont change. the top 10 now, will be the top 10 at the end of this year, just with more votes. maybe a couple of 2008 will sneak in there because people like newer shows. heres one question, where is LT11 on the list? that wont affect our voting.
    Old 02-27-2008, 09:08 PM   #53
    emtphish
    Philly = Ugly

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zachyd View Post
    Ever heard of patience?
    dude, its been 6 months at least. nothing is going to change. thats the point. you really think this new burst of votes is going to happen. release the results and be done with it!
    Old 02-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #54
    Hershey2004
    Kill The Preacher

Shows Seen: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davefanfrombama View Post
    Sorry, I wouldn't jump on a bandwagon and just vote for a show because it's a "leader." Frankly, the idea that management would be watching so closely that a scenario like 20 more votes would make or break their decision is ridiculous. Say management wanted 1,000 votes for a show before they decided to release it, but they got 980 votes and that single show was ranked #1 on the list, do you really think they would say, "Geez we'd love to release it, but we still need 20 more votes..."?

So whether we know the Top 10 shows or not, I'd still only vote for the shows I wanted. Maybe the Top 10 would enlighten me on a few I didn't consider, or maybe not. I mean, say LT8 from Alpine was not yet released but we found out it was topping our voting list -- I wouldn't jump on that bandwagon and vote for it. I'd stick with my vote for Hershey '04 and carry on my merry way.

Releasing SOME information is pretty harmless.
    Hershey2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2008, 09:12 PM   #55
    rickyh24
    GOAT

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I was under the impression it was an ongoing thing.
    rickyh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2008, 09:26 PM   #56
    zachyd
    Torture of chalkdust.

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    dude, its been 6 months at least. nothing is going to change. thats the point. you really think this new burst of votes is going to happen. release the results and be done with it!
    They are negotiating with management. Why would DMB want to pick our top show as LT12 if we all knew what the show was?

And they'll release the votes soon, Jake said it right here in this thread. Chill out.
    Old 02-27-2008, 09:35 PM   #57
    emtphish
    Philly = Ugly

My Tour Central Stats

ok, ill calm down for a little bit, but i dont like where this is leading. I have been down this road before.

For the record, I agree 100% with Hershey2004 and I also stand by his pick of Hershey 2004 even though we have 2 from that year already, but i think i know why he wants it and thats a damn good reason!
    Old 02-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #58
    davefanfrombama
    Christian

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hershey2004 View Post
    Sorry, I wouldn't jump on a bandwagon and just vote for a show because it's a "leader." Frankly, the idea that management would be watching so closely that a scenario like 20 more votes would make or break their decision is ridiculous. Say management wanted 1,000 votes for a show before they decided to release it, but they got 980 votes and that single show was ranked #1 on the list, do you really think they would say, "Geez we'd love to release it, but we still need 20 more votes..."?

So whether we know the Top 10 shows or not, I'd still only vote for the shows I wanted. Maybe the Top 10 would enlighten me on a few I didn't consider, or maybe not. I mean, say LT8 from Alpine was not yet released but we found out it was topping our voting list -- I wouldn't jump on that bandwagon and vote for it. I'd stick with my vote for Hershey '04 and carry on my merry way.

Releasing SOME information is pretty harmless.
    You're right, but seeing as though this is still a survey of opinion, and in all surveys you must eliminate as many variables as possible (bias), it must be done. Any science majors here, anyone?
    davefanfrombama is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #59
    sully51
    Hook 'Em

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

this is a ridiculous thing to get upset about. people need to stop feeling like they are entitled to things from this board (Jake and Matt)
    Old 02-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #60
    emtphish
    Philly = Ugly

My Tour Central Stats

if SUAD was #2, i give stefan a LITTLE pat on the back. also, there were 10-15 songs people really wanted to hear and we got 1 of them. maybe YNK for one or two shows, but i dont remember it meaning that often. also, i aint dogging DMB or the setlist, I am dogging Stefan on doing that survey and picking one song.