Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc) - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 12-12-2014, 04:00 PM   #31
TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsadonDMB View Post
What about Whedon don't you like? I thought he did ok on Avengers, but it's not my favorite of the movies.
I'm a visual person, and Whedon has no eye for visuals; framing and shot composition is bad. It looked like TV, very simple, bland and flat for something that should've been grand spectacle.

Winter Soldier was framed and shot much more competently, had a nice exciting 'punch' to it. I think Russo Bros. will do well with Avengers 3.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #32
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Apparently during the Sony Email leak it was confirmed that the Russo brothers will be directing Avengers Infinity War Part 1 and 2. I think this is a safe but smart choice, these are the same guys that brought us Captain America the Winter Soldier.
    just out of curiosity, where did you see that? Because I haven't seen that on a single movie blog, or really ANY site, anywhere else from you saying it here.

I mean I've said this before, the Russo Bros certainly wouldn't be a wrong choice, I was a big fan of their work previous to TWS and they obviously did an awesome job on that, but there was a certain symmetry to I also liked to the concept of Joss doing the entire trilogy (well, 4 parts of it )

but hell they'd wind up now pretty much having more involvement in Marvel than even Whedon has, as they will basically be making three movies back to back. Of course both Infinity War parts are being literally shot back to back, but I can't imagine there will be a ton of time in between when they'll have finished with Cap 3 and then starting on those.

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson

Last edited by junior94; 12-12-2014 at 04:34 PM.
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #33
    UrsadonDMBAnts+ Site Supporter
    Mr. A-B

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Sure, yeah it's not officially confirmed I was just watching popcorn talk on youtube today and they mentioned it in their discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REZ1...JBrD6XXDMZ-HSg

Here is an article about it too.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/1...inity-war.html

I think Winter Soldier is my favorite MCU movie right now so with those guys in the directors chairs Avengers Infinity War should end up being the satisfying conclusion we deserve.

My Instagram My Almanac
    UrsadonDMB is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #34
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

If Marvel gets Spider-Man back then Garfield is out: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/...-garfield-kind

Sucks that they couldn't work this out sooner so Spider-Man could have a bigger role in Cap 3. It seems at this point the only reason it would happen is all the negative reactions towards Sony for not doing the deal in the first place. They need to get hacked again in a couple months so we can find out if they worked it out.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-12-2014, 09:53 PM   #35
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

^^ That is not a big surprise to me at all. And as much as I think ASM2 sucked, I guess I was okay enough with Andrew Garfield all around that I feel like it's an unfortunate turn of events, but yea if Marvel was able to get a hold of him of course they'd have to recast. I mean if they weren't going to use anything from those two movies in canon, it's just too much baggage to bother with bringing over, and it's not like it'd take you a long time to otherwise compile a decent list of actors to be Peter in the context of what Marvel would do.

btw also in casting news, apparently for the "mentor" role in Doctor Strange opposite Benedict Cumberbatch now that he's officially signed, they're looking at Morgan Freeman, Ken Watanabe and Bill Nighy. The second two of those names, I'm so pleasantly surprised I was just like holy shit, Nighy especially would be beyond awesome. But then there's Freeman... I love the guy, but I feel like if he got the part it would make me hate him. cause it's like c'mon, hasn't Morgan Freeman played pretty much THIS EXACT ROLE in enough other movies over the last decade+ now?? Particularly (even though DC won't be building on it in what they're doing now), obviously the Batman trilogy. Marvel all around has so often done an awesome job with their casting, but this is genuinely like the least inspired choice possible. I would never have even remotely thought that the likes of Bill Nighy would've had a shot at this movie, but now if they're reporting that there's real discussions going on, I've got faith.

Last edited by junior94; 12-12-2014 at 09:54 PM.
    Old 12-12-2014, 10:34 PM   #36
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    ^^ That is not a big surprise to me at all. And as much as I think ASM2 sucked, I guess I was okay enough with Andrew Garfield all around that I feel like it's an unfortunate turn of events, but yea if Marvel was able to get a hold of him of course they'd have to recast. I mean if they weren't going to use anything from those two movies in canon, it's just too much baggage to bother with bringing over, and it's not like it'd take you a long time to otherwise compile a decent list of actors to be Peter in the context of what Marvel would do.
    Garfield was better than Toby, but I think you can upgrade over him. Plus Sony not wanting to cash in on a Russo brothers Spider-Man film is crazy to me.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #37
    Balor3012

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Garfield is better but nothing has seemed right about the new Spider-Man universe. It's funny that they want to do spinoffs when the actual movies have received lukewarm reception (relatively in terms of money made)

Last edited by Balor3012; 12-12-2014 at 10:39 PM.
    Balor3012 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #38
    Mr. A-B

My Tour Central Stats

I honestly don't want Garfield as Spiderman in the MCU, too many complications to the canon on how they tie together. Give Spiderman a small role in Captain America 3 or let Tony Stark/Cap mention him and say something like "What about that new kid swinging around New York?" as they are trying to build their teams in Civil War.

Then bring Spiderman in once Phase 4 rolls around. Enough time will have passed and Phase 4 will need some new classic Avengers to be brought into the mix at that point.

My Instagram My Almanac
    Old 12-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #39
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by luccic12 View Post
    Garfield is better but nothing has seemed right about the new Spider-Man universe. It's funny that they want to do spinoffs when the actual movies have relieved lukewarm reception (relatively in terms of money made)
    The worst part about the new movies has been the villians. So they of course want to make a Sinister Six movie and highlight those guys.

In the right hands Spider-Man could be one of the best Marvel franchises. It needs to start with having characters you can actually care about. Marvel has done a pretty good job of casting their major characters in the MCU.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:47 PM   #40
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I honestly don't want Garfield as Spiderman in the MCU, too many complications to the canon on how they tie together. Give Spiderman a small role in Captain America 3 or let Tony Stark/Cap mention him and say something like "What about that new kid swinging around New York?" as they are trying to build their teams in Civil War.

Then bring Spiderman in once Phase 4 rolls around. Enough time will have passed and Phase 4 will need some new classic Avengers to be brought into the mix at that point.
    I don't read the comics but Spider-Man plays a big role in the Civil War. They would have stayed truer to the actual storyline had Sony been game. But there wouldn't be any canon issues as the slate would be wiped clean with a new Spidey.

That's part of the issue they don't want Garfield, because people would connect them then. It's not like Cap 3 would need to focus on Spider-Man. People know who he is, no need to establish a new back story.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #41
    Mr. A-B

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    I don't read the comics but Spider-Man plays a big role in the Civil War. They would have stayed truer to the actual storyline had Sony been game. But there wouldn't be any canon issues as the slate would be wiped clean with a new Spidey.

That's part of the issue they don't want Garfield, because people would connect them then. It's not like Cap 3 would need to focus on Spider-Man. People know who he is, no need to establish a new back story.
    Right, I agree with you on all of that. With five spiderman Movies in the past 12 years we don't need a backstory for him anymore.

Just get a new actor, give him a small role in a early movie to get the audience acquainted with the new face, then give him a full solo movie in phase four. I think they are doing something similar with Black Panther.

My Instagram My Almanac
    Old 12-20-2014, 11:30 AM   #42
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/19/daredevil-photos/

New photos from Daredevil (Netflix Show) look promising.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #43
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    I don't read the comics but Spider-Man plays a big role in the Civil War.
    To be fair, they're probably deviating from the Civil War comic immensely
    Tomriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #44
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tomriddle View Post
    To be fair, they're probably deviating from the Civil War comic immensely

well they've already been pretty open about it, the whole inciting concept for the Civil War (them being able to maintain their secret identities), that's never really been an issue at all in the movies so for the MCU it's more about establishing a sort of chain of command. Who would have to report or answer to who, etc... not just having autonomy with your powers.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #45
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Good, that sounds like a better story (to me)
    Tomriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-21-2014, 03:44 PM   #46
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Wonder if all the Sony happenings will encourage them to make a deal with Marvel (or whoever) to sell the rights to Spiderman. It doesn't feel right to have him not involved with all these films.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-21-2014, 08:45 PM   #47
    Mr. A-B

My Tour Central Stats

From what I have heard, Spiderman will be in the MCU. No back story, cameos in Civil War, appear in Infinity War and get two solo movies...still rumors but it's seeming more promising.

Logan Lerman is rumored to be Spiderman which I am cool with.

My Instagram My Almanac
    Old 01-02-2015, 10:17 AM   #48
    Mr. A-B

My Tour Central Stats

Ant Man teaser teaser trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQjhJf1R4k4

Full teaser to debut during Agent Carter on the 6th!

My Instagram My Almanac
    Old 01-04-2015, 10:47 AM   #49
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ant Man teaser teaser trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQjhJf1R4k4

Full teaser to debut during Agent Carter on the 6th!
    I can't wait to see this. I wonder if they'll tie it into the Ultron story any.
    Old 01-04-2015, 10:53 AM   #50
    Mr. A-B

My Tour Central Stats

Chad

Possible comic spoiler to how I think they will tie it in.

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

My Instagram My Almanac

Last edited by UrsadonDMB; 01-04-2015 at 10:55 AM.
    Old 01-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #51
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Gambit film starting Channing Tatum announced for 7 October 2016!
    Old 01-05-2015, 07:25 PM   #52
    JRS1386
    Heeeeeeeere's Gritty

Shows Seen: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Fuck Channing Tatum as Gambit

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...stcount=126148
    JRS1386 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #53
    bradshaw06

Shows Seen: 19

My Tour Central Stats

interesting. wonder what the story will be.
    Old 01-06-2015, 03:26 AM   #54
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRS1386 View Post
    Fuck Channing Tatum as Gambit
    Fuck you, Channing Tatum rules.

The plot is always moving forward.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    So is a glacier.
    BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-06-2015, 03:42 AM   #55
    JRS1386
    Heeeeeeeere's Gritty

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BotheBOFan View Post
    Fuck you, Channing Tatum rules.
    It has nothing to do with him, he just doesn't strike me as Gambit. Also White House Down was pretty bad and I think it's the only Channing Tatum movie I have seen

Old 01-06-2015, 04:30 AM   #56
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRS1386 View Post
    It has nothing to do with him, he just doesn't strike me as Gambit. Also White House Down was pretty bad and I think it's the only Channing Tatum movie I have seen
    Magic Mike, Jump Streets, Foxcatcher are movies he is VERY good in.

The plot is always moving forward.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    So is a glacier.
    BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-06-2015, 06:50 AM   #57
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Tatum is way better than his reputation. He doesn't strike me as a Gambit but he can't be worse than Taylor Kitsch.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-06-2015, 06:12 PM   #58
    JRS1386
    Heeeeeeeere's Gritty

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BotheBOFan View Post
    Magic Mike, Jump Streets, Foxcatcher are movies he is VERY good in.
    Don't think I'll ever watch Magic Mike. Jump Street if they get on Netflix maybe

Old 01-06-2015, 07:27 PM   #59
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

http://comicbook.com/2014/12/24/ant-...eleased-online
    Full Ant Man trailer
    Old 01-06-2015, 08:23 PM   #60
    Mr. A-B

My Tour Central Stats

Thoughts on the Ant Man trailer? I think it looks pretty good, Paul R feels more superhero than I thought he would.

My Instagram My Almanac