Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > The 24um


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
justink
 
justink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,498

Shows Seen: 47

The Real World 27: St. Thomas

the cast seems mediocre for some reason...

Brandon is already proving to be the house nut job/cry baby.
justink is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
    recentlyJTR41
    2013 SEC Champions
     
    recentlyJTR41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Location: Home - Albany, Ga School - Kennesaw, Ga
    Posts: 15,758

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas



    A+
    __________________
    "Rock and roll - on a certain level - is a bunch of bullshit, but music is not. Music is the realest thing in the world to me" - Trey Anastasio

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GKmkD1pUG0
    recentlyJTR41 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #3
    DLCSBMMK
    No, baby, you're money
     
    DLCSBMMK's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Location: SC
    Posts: 1,924

    Shows Seen: 4

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Real World still exists?
    DLCSBMMK is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
    GSUdawg521
    \> |> /> \> |> /> \> |>
     
    GSUdawg521's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2004
    Location: Southeast of disorder
    Posts: 15,556

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Watched this tonight only because we were just in St. Thomas 3 weeks ago on a cruise

    But yeah, don't care for the Real World otherwise, and Brandon was definitely annoying.
    __________________
    ~Jared
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
    Rodey
    Churros
     
    Rodey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2005
    Location: Madison, WI
    Posts: 47,919

    Shows Seen: 13

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Shit, I wish I would have known the new season was starting.
    __________________
    Jordan
    "I'll tell you what: I'm never eating at Benihana again. I don't care whose birthday it is."
    Rodey is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
    LadyMadonna68
     
    LadyMadonna68's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Posts: 38,084

    Shows Seen: 13

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    watched it last night
    didnt like brandon.
    swift was pretty cool.
    the girls are annoying.
    the redhead guy is cool, and so is the other white guy.
    __________________
    rate your music.
    the gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
    LadyMadonna68 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
    pathetic
    Best!!!
     
    pathetic's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: East Coast Bias!
    Posts: 73,260

    Shows Seen: 0
    Send a message via AIM to pathetic

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    brandon

    "i'm not as strong as the other guys"

    "this girl told me she was adopted and talked to me, i love her. why is she with the all american guy?"

    "i'm so lonely"
    pathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
    justink
     
    justink's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 21,498

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    my money is on the ginger as being the token gay.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
    justink
     
    justink's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 21,498

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    brandon

    "i'm not as strong as the other guys"

    "this girl told me she was adopted and talked to me, i love her. why is she with the all american guy?"

    "i'm so lonely"
    the journal "left" out in the open on the table for everyone to read.

    had me rolling.

    they really tried hard to have a bunch of drama in the first episode, but it all just came off pathetic.

    so far, i'm not really seeing anything interesting in any of the cast, except for matching hakuna mattata tattoos.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #10
    Proudest Bonzai
    walk away
     
    Proudest Bonzai's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Ann Arbor
    Posts: 1,490

    Shows Seen: 12
    Send a message via AIM to Proudest Bonzai

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Eh, the first ep is always the same. They're always astonished by their house, they pick their rooms, meet each other and start drinking. They always get along really well until there is a seemingly contrived tussle towards the end of the episode. I think this season will be fine. The only thing is I wonder how much bar-hopping / clubbing they'll do being on an island.

    Brandon did come off as a whiny bitch, but it would suck to be him as the other three guys did pretty much pair off with each one of the chicks right away. Maybe you shouldn't be a flabby emo with enormous spacers in your ears. Just a thought.
    __________________
    - Brad
    Proudest Bonzai is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
    LadyMadonna68
     
    LadyMadonna68's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Posts: 38,084

    Shows Seen: 13

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Proudest Bonzai View Post
    Eh, the first ep is always the same. They're always astonished by their house, they pick their rooms, meet each other and start drinking. They always get along really well until there is a seemingly contrived tussle towards the end of the episode. I think this season will be fine. The only thing is I wonder how much bar-hopping / clubbing they'll do being on an island.

    Brandon did come off as a whiny bitch, but it would suck to be him as the other three guys did pretty much pair off with each one of the chicks right away. Maybe you shouldn't be a flabby emo with enormous spacers in your ears. Just a thought.
    yeah, all of this.
    __________________
    rate your music.
    the gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
    LadyMadonna68 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
    justink
     
    justink's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 21,498

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Proudest Bonzai View Post
    Eh, the first ep is always the same. They're always astonished by their house, they pick their rooms, meet each other and start drinking. They always get along really well until there is a seemingly contrived tussle towards the end of the episode. I think this season will be fine. The only thing is I wonder how much bar-hopping / clubbing they'll do being on an island.

    Brandon did come off as a whiny bitch, but it would suck to be him as the other three guys did pretty much pair off with each one of the chicks right away. Maybe you shouldn't be a flabby emo with enormous spacers in your ears. Just a thought.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
    yeah, all of this.
    truth.

    the naked dive into the hot tub and glass bottle throwing into the pool "i'm a rock star, raawwwwr!" was just comical.

    the rest of the house was in a fucking tree for christ sake, and that was somehow less retarded than what he did.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #13
    Rodey
    Churros
     
    Rodey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2005
    Location: Madison, WI
    Posts: 47,919

    Shows Seen: 13

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    I would love to be on this show just for the amount of free booze you get.
    __________________
    Jordan
    "I'll tell you what: I'm never eating at Benihana again. I don't care whose birthday it is."
    Rodey is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #14
    justink
     
    justink's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 21,498

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rodey View Post
    I would love to be on this show just for the amount of free poon you get.
    fixed.....
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #15
    Lcsulla
    Simply the Best
     
    Lcsulla's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 35,921

    Shows Seen: 54

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Proudest Bonzai View Post
    The only thing is I wonder how much bar-hopping / clubbing they'll do being on an island.
    Not that I would ever watch a show like this but there is not much to do there in all honesty. Even in a major place like Charlotte Amalie there just is not many bars and clubs are virtually non-existent. It's a great Island for beaches, shopping, and catching a water taxi to St. Johns or St. Croix. If there is a dozen bars and a club in the capitol it is a lot. I have been there over ten times and recall exactly one fun bar - Duffy's.
    __________________
    "Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
    Lcsulla is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #16
    justink
     
    justink's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 21,498

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
    Not that I would ever watch a show like this but there is not much to do there in all honesty. Even in a major place like Charlotte Amalie there just is not many bars and clubs are virtually non-existent. It's a great Island for beaches, shopping, and catching a water taxi to St. Johns or St. Croix. If there is a dozen bars and a club in the capitol it is a lot. I have been there over ten times and recall exactly one fun bar - Duffy's.
    yeah, and they have to take a boat from their front door to the main island...

    my buddy said he saw them out and about down there but they were kinda lame.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #17
    DMBstandUP1984
    the river is everywhere
     
    DMBstandUP1984's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Location: Boston, MA
    Posts: 11,839

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    http://boston.barstoolsports.com/aro...-from-southie/

    another DB from boston on this show.....Every single kid they picked for real world or road rules from Boston is and has been a complete and total douche-bag. CT may be the fucking worse. Its like they make a point to make Boston look bad
    DMBstandUP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #18
    justink
     
    justink's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 21,498

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    http://boston.barstoolsports.com/aro...-from-southie/

    another DB from boston on this show.....Every single kid they picked for real world or road rules from Boston is and has been a complete and total douche-bag. CT may be the fucking worse. Its like they make a point to make Boston look bad
    well, when you've got so few good guys from Boston...

    funny thing is... nobody outside of Boston knows what/where Southie is. so, it's not at all impressive.

    Last edited by justink; 06-28-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #19
    Proudest Bonzai
    walk away
     
    Proudest Bonzai's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Ann Arbor
    Posts: 1,490

    Shows Seen: 12
    Send a message via AIM to Proudest Bonzai

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    CT might be the best person to ever be on television.
    __________________
    - Brad
    Proudest Bonzai is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #20
    DMBstandUP1984
    the river is everywhere
     
    DMBstandUP1984's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Location: Boston, MA
    Posts: 11,839

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justink View Post
    well, when you've got so few good guys from Boston...

    funny thing is... nobody outside of Boston knows what/where Southie is. so, it's not at all impressive.
    its not..its certainly not "tough" huge artsy, gay community. very expensive and more upper middle class. it has a few "bad" streets but not compared to certain parts of Boston.
    DMBstandUP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #21
    DMBstandUP1984
    the river is everywhere
     
    DMBstandUP1984's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Location: Boston, MA
    Posts: 11,839

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Proudest Bonzai View Post
    CT might be the best person to ever be on television.
    i dated his cousin for a couple years back when i was about 14, i went on a rant one day about how much of a douche he is (years after we broke up) before I knew they were related. I don't think we've talked since.
    DMBstandUP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #22
    Rodey
    Churros
     
    Rodey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2005
    Location: Madison, WI
    Posts: 47,919

    Shows Seen: 13

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Watching now.

    How long did it take them to find two people with Hakuna Matata tattoos or how much did they pay them to get them?
    __________________
    Jordan
    "I'll tell you what: I'm never eating at Benihana again. I don't care whose birthday it is."
    Rodey is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #23
    Proudest Bonzai
    walk away
     
    Proudest Bonzai's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Ann Arbor
    Posts: 1,490

    Shows Seen: 12
    Send a message via AIM to Proudest Bonzai

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Based on the previews from next week, it seems like things get even worse for Hot Topic.
    __________________
    - Brad
    Proudest Bonzai is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #24
    pathetic
    Best!!!
     
    pathetic's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: East Coast Bias!
    Posts: 73,260

    Shows Seen: 0
    Send a message via AIM to pathetic

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    http://boston.barstoolsports.com/aro...-from-southie/

    another DB from boston on this show.....Every single kid they picked for real world or road rules from Boston is and has been a complete and total douche-bag. CT may be the fucking worse. Its like they make a point to make Boston look bad
    can't open barstool at work. what's it say about him?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Proudest Bonzai View Post
    Based on the previews from next week, it seems like things get even worse for Hot Topic.
    pathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #25
    Rodey
    Churros
     
    Rodey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2005
    Location: Madison, WI
    Posts: 47,919

    Shows Seen: 13

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Hot Topic jumping into the pool and then proceeding to throw around bottles of booze to "party like a rock star" might have been the most humorous moment in show history.
    __________________
    Jordan
    "I'll tell you what: I'm never eating at Benihana again. I don't care whose birthday it is."
    Rodey is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #26
    UNC41
    Gimme Dat
     
    UNC41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Minneapolis, MN
    Posts: 25,891

    Shows Seen: 0
    Send a message via MSN to UNC41

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    i dated his cousin for a couple years back when i was about 14, i went on a rant one day about how much of a douche he is (years after we broke up) before I knew they were related. I don't think we've talked since.
    Good decision by her. CT is the man.
    __________________
    Bryan

    You white, then you Ben Affleck.
    UNC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #27
    jackisback24
    He's using hypnosis!
     
    jackisback24's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Posts: 15,531

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    watching it right now and haven't backread anything. The redhead really had my eye...until the toilet confession. And this guy with the tattoos...what a douche. I think he's got issues as he's trying way to hard to be noticed...and now they just cut to an ad as he apparently is going after him.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HavnAGdTime View Post
    Rain continued. Lightening continued. Show continued. JTR tease. Goddarnit. Seven. Oh well. Fucking danced like there was no tomorrow. Shoes ruined, legs coated. Body soaked. Didn't care. It was a mud hole, but it was OUR mud hole.
    jackisback24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #28
    gjdt2scf13
     
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Posts: 219

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Something I always wondered about this...and maybe it is stupid, but I'll bring it up since someone mentioned "Free booze" in this thread.

    Does MTV pay for everything? Like their food, drinks, etc? Or do they bring money from home? Or both? I wonder if they get like a limit of cash for the whole trip or if its like a weekly allowance or something haha

    I've been watching the last few seasons (some people said they sucked? I enjoyed) this one seemed a bit weird though. I liked the beginning when they had some people meet at each other's houses though. I don't recall them doing that the past few years
    gjdt2scf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-30-2012, 03:05 AM   #29
    GoLdpHiShDMB
    Broad St. Bullies
     
    GoLdpHiShDMB's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Location: Pennsylvania
    Posts: 20,963

    Shows Seen: 27
    Send a message via AIM to GoLdpHiShDMB

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    haha i watched the 1st episode.. it made me laugh. i think im gunna check it out next week too
    __________________
    -Mike-
    GoLdpHiShDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #30
    jackisback24
    He's using hypnosis!
     
    jackisback24's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Posts: 15,531

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: The Real World 27: St. Thomas

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gjdt2scf13 View Post
    Something I always wondered about this...and maybe it is stupid, but I'll bring it up since someone mentioned "Free booze" in this thread.

    Does MTV pay for everything? Like their food, drinks, etc? Or do they bring money from home? Or both? I wonder if they get like a limit of cash for the whole trip or if its like a weekly allowance or something haha

    I've been watching the last few seasons (some people said they sucked? I enjoyed) this one seemed a bit weird though. I liked the beginning when they had some people meet at each other's houses though. I don't recall them doing that the past few years
    I think in the beginning they paid for everything but in recent years they made them get jobs and couldn't watch TV and use cell phones. I think Jersey Shore copied that formula.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HavnAGdTime View Post
    Rain continued. Lightening continued. Show continued. JTR tease. Goddarnit. Seven. Oh well. Fucking danced like there was no tomorrow. Shoes ruined, legs coated. Body soaked. Didn't care. It was a mud hole, but it was OUR mud hole.
    jackisback24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Matt's Twitter
    Jake's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter