Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #31
420th jimi
West Coast LoVE!
 
420th jimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,050

Shows Seen: 73

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Rainy day Monday Chula!
__________________
www.youtube.com/smasher69
420th jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:23 AM   #32
jamesismy
 
jamesismy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 414

Shows Seen: 8

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420th jimi View Post
Rainy day Monday Chula!
Right? It's POURING in North County has been since about 2/3pm!
__________________
8.22.08, 9.12.09, 9.13.09, 8.20.10, 7.08.11, 7.09.11 x2, and 7.10.11!
jamesismy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #33
burnedpig
gigitty
 
burnedpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,716

Shows Seen: 28

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Awwwww yeahhhhhh!

This will be a great summer tour ender for us after the gorge, gigitty.

To anyone worried about traffic, just come early

If you work; I think you might be getting ill about 1:00 that day...just sayin'.
__________________

Love is not a whisper or a weakness, no...love is strong.
burnedpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #34
wnderwoman
AM.org Moderator
 
wnderwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 26,440

Shows Seen: 0

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Excited for this show, I will be coming up in the morning. I don't want to worry about the traffic.
wnderwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #35
420th jimi
West Coast LoVE!
 
420th jimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,050

Shows Seen: 73

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

To anyone worried about traffic:

Easy remedy for this folks. Being a local, I don't let this info out too often. Here is a quick way to get to the show and avoid all the traffic.

Head down the 5 South to the 905 East. Take it until you get to some traffic lights, about 4-5 miles. Turn left at Heritage Rd. (there will be a traffic light at Heritage). Make your first left, it will look like you are going into junk yard row. Hang the first right (only way the street goes) and this street will bring you up from the south side of the amphitheatre. As well, it will put you closest to the tailgate area as well. Just hang the first left into the venue and then another left into the parking lot, and then one more left to take you to the tailgate.

Sounds difficult but it is real easy. No traffic, except the few locals that know about the "back way".

Map to the tailgate is in my signature below.

Hope to see y'all there, peace!
__________________
www.youtube.com/smasher69
420th jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #36
jamesismy
 
jamesismy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 414

Shows Seen: 8

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420th jimi View Post
To anyone worried about traffic:

Easy remedy for this folks. Being a local, I don't let this info out too often. Here is a quick way to get to the show and avoid all the traffic.

Head down the 5 South to the 905 East. Take it until you get to some traffic lights, about 4-5 miles. Turn left at Heritage Rd. (there will be a traffic light at Heritage). Make your first left, it will look like you are going into junk yard row. Hang the first right (only way the street goes) and this street will bring you up from the south side of the amphitheatre. As well, it will put you closest to the tailgate area as well. Just hang the first left into the venue and then another left into the parking lot, and then one more left to take you to the tailgate.

Sounds difficult but it is real easy. No traffic, except the few locals that know about the "back way".

Map to the tailgate is in my signature below.

Hope to see y'all there, peace!
I was looking at this on Google Maps, couldn't I just stay on Heritage Rd the whole way and then make a left on the first Entertainment Circle?
__________________
8.22.08, 9.12.09, 9.13.09, 8.20.10, 7.08.11, 7.09.11 x2, and 7.10.11!
jamesismy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #37
420th jimi
West Coast LoVE!
 
420th jimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,050

Shows Seen: 73

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesismy View Post
I was looking at this on Google Maps, couldn't I just stay on Heritage Rd the whole way and then make a left on the first Entertainment Circle?
You can but you end up going through all of junkyard row and the other way is easier. Lotsa people trying to find the junkyard they are looking for. I have just found it to be easier hanging that left. But you'll still make it going the other way.

Happy Day Chula!
__________________
www.youtube.com/smasher69
420th jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #38
davet7462
 
davet7462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 15,023

Shows Seen: 37

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Hey Adam. Things have changed. Looks like we're Chula/Irvine bound! Be good to see you again!
davet7462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #39
jtr101
The river taste me
 
jtr101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mount Pearl, NL , Canada
Posts: 962

Shows Seen: 13
Send a message via MSN to jtr101

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Looks like this is going to be my only show of the year!

One side of the continent to the other :-)
__________________
Jason T - Facebook
jtr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #40
420th jimi
West Coast LoVE!
 
420th jimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,050

Shows Seen: 73

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet7462 View Post
Hey Adam. Things have changed. Looks like we're Chula/Irvine bound! Be good to see you again!


It will be great to see y'all again. Looking forward to it!
__________________
www.youtube.com/smasher69
420th jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #41
jtr101
The river taste me
 
jtr101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mount Pearl, NL , Canada
Posts: 962

Shows Seen: 13
Send a message via MSN to jtr101

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

So guys does the Ants contingant usually have a good showing for the Chula Vista shows??

First show in a couple years so i'm pretty pumped!
__________________
Jason T - Facebook
jtr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #42
Aubrie
is working pro bono
 
Aubrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In a van down by the river...
Posts: 6,988

Shows Seen: 60

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Yuuup. It's that time again folks. Gonna enjoy meeting up with you all again. Haven't been on here in awhile. Hope you all are well.
__________________
My Shows
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsankh View Post
As always, Ms. Palmer, You Are Out of Control! ;) :hug

Aubrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:23 AM   #43
jamesismy
 
jamesismy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 414

Shows Seen: 8

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420th jimi View Post
You can but you end up going through all of junkyard row and the other way is easier. Lotsa people trying to find the junkyard they are looking for. I have just found it to be easier hanging that left. But you'll still make it going the other way.

Happy Day Chula!
Ah thank you sir!
__________________
8.22.08, 9.12.09, 9.13.09, 8.20.10, 7.08.11, 7.09.11 x2, and 7.10.11!
jamesismy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #44
420th jimi
West Coast LoVE!
 
420th jimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,050

Shows Seen: 73

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtr101 View Post
So guys does the Ants contingant usually have a good showing for the Chula Vista shows??

First show in a couple years so i'm pretty pumped!
Yes we do. A lot of people show up for the tailgate. There is a link in my signature to find the tailgate. Hope to see you there. Happy Friday y'all!
__________________
www.youtube.com/smasher69
420th jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #45
antsmarching777
ZOT! ZOT! ZOT!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,127

Shows Seen: 19

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Got confirmed for Pit! Looking forward to another great year down in Chula Vista! This will be the closest I've ever seen the band and I will be bring my girlfriend for her first show. September can't here soon enough!
antsmarching777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #46
420th jimi
West Coast LoVE!
 
420th jimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,050

Shows Seen: 73

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsmarching777 View Post
Got confirmed for Pit! Looking forward to another great year down in Chula Vista! This will be the closest I've ever seen the band and I will be bring my girlfriend for her first show. September can't here soon enough!
:awesome
__________________
www.youtube.com/smasher69
420th jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #47
jamesismy
 
jamesismy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 414

Shows Seen: 8

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Got confirmed for lawn which is what I wanted. Since this the hometown show, a bunch of us tend to go and lawn it up. But I'm excited for the Ants tailgate too!
__________________
8.22.08, 9.12.09, 9.13.09, 8.20.10, 7.08.11, 7.09.11 x2, and 7.10.11!
jamesismy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #48
420th jimi
West Coast LoVE!
 
420th jimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,050

Shows Seen: 73

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Well I'm sure I will make the tailgate. Might be the only show I can afford this year. The tailgate is kick-ass at this place.
__________________
www.youtube.com/smasher69
420th jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #49
rapunzelpig15
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 914

Shows Seen: 21

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Never been to Chula before. Originally from the Chicago area and live in the Phoenix area now. Most of my experiences are at Alpine. Any comparisons to be made? Just trying to get a feel of what it will be like. Got reserved pavilion. Pumped for this!
__________________
21 shows and counting...Irvine and Chula '14
rapunzelpig15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #50
420th jimi
West Coast LoVE!
 
420th jimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,050

Shows Seen: 73

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Well, Alpine is a huge venue and Chula is a cookie cutter amphitheater. Almost 20,000 people in a decent setting and the band has shown a lot of love over the years to the venue, but the last couple have been rocky for some reason. Great tailgate with a lot of Ants showing up every year. There is a link to find it in my signature below. Make sure and come out for the tailgate, look forward to meeting you.

Peace, Adam
__________________
www.youtube.com/smasher69
420th jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #51
rapunzelpig15
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 914

Shows Seen: 21

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420th jimi View Post
Well, Alpine is a huge venue and Chula is a cookie cutter amphitheater. Almost 20,000 people in a decent setting and the band has shown a lot of love over the years to the venue, but the last couple have been rocky for some reason. Great tailgate with a lot of Ants showing up every year. There is a link to find it in my signature below. Make sure and come out for the tailgate, look forward to meeting you.

Peace, Adam
awesome thanks a lot! now we just have to wait 6 long months...
__________________
21 shows and counting...Irvine and Chula '14
rapunzelpig15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #52
420th jimi
West Coast LoVE!
 
420th jimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,050

Shows Seen: 73

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzelpig15 View Post
awesome thanks a lot! now we just have to wait 6 long months...
It will be here before you know it.
__________________
www.youtube.com/smasher69
420th jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #53
jtr101
The river taste me
 
jtr101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mount Pearl, NL , Canada
Posts: 962

Shows Seen: 13
Send a message via MSN to jtr101

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420th jimi View Post
Yes we do. A lot of people show up for the tailgate. There is a link in my signature to find the tailgate. Hope to see you there. Happy Friday y'all!
Sounds good

Now hopefully i can get some tickets this week ...haha...
__________________
Jason T - Facebook
jtr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #54
1yankeesfan
 
1yankeesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,155

Shows Seen: 2

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Anybody making the trek from Utah?
__________________
Follow me :) https://twitter.com/#!/1yankeesfan

Really?
1yankeesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #55
jtr101
The river taste me
 
jtr101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mount Pearl, NL , Canada
Posts: 962

Shows Seen: 13
Send a message via MSN to jtr101

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Anyone going to be trying for tickets today on teh CITI pre-sale??
__________________
Jason T - Facebook
jtr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #56
onlyhuman
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 771

Shows Seen: 81
Send a message via AIM to onlyhuman

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzelpig15 View Post
Never been to Chula before. Originally from the Chicago area and live in the Phoenix area now. Most of my experiences are at Alpine. Any comparisons to be made? Just trying to get a feel of what it will be like. Got reserved pavilion. Pumped for this!
Hey, i live in San Diego now (for the last 4 years, moved from Chicago). Having been to 100 shows all over the US, I can tell you Chula Vista is def not one of the better venues. Since you've lived in chicago I can tell you it compares to the world (verizon) amphitheater, but with better overall sound. The tailgating is decent though, less strict than other venues. The one problem is that Chula Vista is near the border of mexico and thus you have to drive quite a distance (From SD) to see the show. Also, can get pretty cool at night since out in desert like conditions. Should still be epic as it will be close to end of the tour!!
__________________
Would like to play
With a fool holding hands
With a one-eyed jack of spades
While on the deck they sing
All of the captain's cards are kings
Still he and the queen are lost at sea
I hope it isn't you and me

http://www.facebook.com/dmbtay
onlyhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #57
jtr101
The river taste me
 
jtr101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mount Pearl, NL , Canada
Posts: 962

Shows Seen: 13
Send a message via MSN to jtr101

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

How i wish i had a CITI card.... so many good seats available :-(
__________________
Jason T - Facebook
jtr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #58
neumdogg
Helloooooooooo Neumdogg
 
neumdogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 23,096

Shows Seen: 52
Send a message via AIM to neumdogg

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Holy crap, just pulled pit for this show from the CITI sale!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinbilli40 View Post
Yeah I work at walmart. And probably make more money than u do. Lead associate in the toy department. $13 an hour.
neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #59
jtr101
The river taste me
 
jtr101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mount Pearl, NL , Canada
Posts: 962

Shows Seen: 13
Send a message via MSN to jtr101

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

Quote:
Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
Holy crap, just pulled pit for this show from the CITI sale!

I know, I'm without a CITI card and pulling up those tickets is making very angry...haha.... the public onsale is goign to suck!
__________________
Jason T - Facebook
jtr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #60
Stouggies
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 2,851

Shows Seen: 10

Re: ***Chula Vista 09/07/12***

sure was easy to get pit tickets today with the pre-sale, I wish Irvine had better chances of getting decent seats, but I didn't want to sit that far back
Stouggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


   
Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
Home
Ants+
Tour Central
Search bar
RSS Feeds
About Us
Contact Us
The Ants Blog
Advertise on Ants
Ants on your cell phone
iAnts
mobile news
mobile setlists
antslive!
Ants' Twitter
DMBLive Twitter
Matt's Twitter
Jake's Twitter
Joe's Twitter