Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #9
Bron Yr Aur

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerman507 View Post
yeah, the reason i was looking into the Crosley is cause it has built in speakers as well which makes it somewhat portable and i don't have to rely on hooking it up to a big stereo system. plus i figured in this day and age anything that has the capability to connect to a computer is probably a good investment.
Yeah, those things are pretty damn cheap, as well. However, vinyl collecting isn't the cheapest hobby to get into. I got a pair of speakers + receiver to churn out my vinyl for around $400 recently, which is pretty cheap. If you could find a working tuner/receiver at goodwill and a pair of speakers you could probably get a solid system for under $150, but sometimes it's just a matter of getting lucky. If you're planning on collecting for years, you might as well get some sort of system now if you have the money. I mean, the USB record players are cool, but what's the point in buying one just to play the vinyl out of their meager speakers?