Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows (11.19.10 / 7.15.11)
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 05:31 PM   #164
junior94
not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows (11.19.10 / 7.15.11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post
It honestly should have been done, 800 pages is too big of source material for 1 movie. I mean think about condensing an 800 page book down into a 140-150 page script. It just doesn't work out, i think that is why that movie seems so discombobulated and bumpy. 800 pages into 300 pages is much more doable IMO.
Theoretically yes, it could of have been, especially when you simply look at the fact that it was the longest book in the series. BUT, I think they ultimately went the correct route in keeping it just one film (as much as I think it was probably the weakest of the series), just given the nature of the story, book 7 was much more suited for split films than book 5, given the narrative structure and everything.

I mean try to take as objective a view at it as you can, consider the overall story they had to tell in OOTP, I just don't see that very naturally turning into two legitimate feature films, with a meaningful break in the middle. It's very much the opposite case with Hallows. And I mean yea, is the idea of 2 films financially motivated? Yes, OBVIOUSLY. And very significantly, and in the end I'm okay with that, because I sincerely believe it was creatively motivated as well (even if that's the lesser of the two reasons, which it is) and I'd still rather we get a good 5hrs+ of a movie, so...

sorry, I'm probably totally butchering the point I'm trying to make and sound like I'm speaking rubbish

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson

Last edited by junior94; 07-14-2010 at 05:34 PM.
junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote