Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Proof Of The New Theory: Unreleased Songs IS The Album
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #28
sheldonlevene
Mr. 1k

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Proof Of The New Theory: Unreleased Songs IS The Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBzilla View Post
It's important to remember that Dave had a ton of time off in 2011. He commented at Randall's that they hoped to be back with new songs in 2012, so it's certainly reasonable to assume that a good portion of that time involved writing music. Once Lillywhite got back into the picture (probably sometime around November if the D&T show in NYC was a sort of jumping off point for their reunion), I'm sure Dave went into writing mode so he could enter the studio in January with some new ideas ready to go.

I would be very surprised if there aren't any previously road tested songs on the new record (I'd put Shotgun and Blackjack as front runners), but I'm sure we'll get a handful of new tunes as well. That said, if the album looked something like this:

1. Intro
2. Crazy Easy
3. New Song
4. New Song
5. Sweet Up & Down
6. Sugar Will
7. New Song
8. New Song
9. Shotgun
10. New Song
11. New Song
12. Blackjack