Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Easter 2012. Resurrection of The DMB via Steve Lillywhite Twitter
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #92
TMoore4075
RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Easter 2012. Resurrection of The DMB via Steve Lillywhite Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurjp View Post
i don't understand how the OP's analogy regarding twitter responses v. interview questions is lost on so many of you. in the prior, the man has absolutely no reason to post a response to a question some dip-shit following him on twitter asks... if he he elects to, it is completely gratuitous. Conversely, in an interview of any sort, there is a very obvious need for some sort of response to a question of the same nature. the argument "pshhhhhhhhh he's part of the process of course he's going to give it an awesome review" is considerably undermined when you consider the fact that he very obviously does not have to respond to twitter questions ever. In fact, he ignores dozens and dozens of questions a day. He has no obligation to answer, and is not thought any less of for dodging a question.

if SL is out there gratuitously offering amplified reviews of dmbs latest (incomplete i might add) work, it would seem to fly in the face of everything he's said in the past RE recording with DMB, his personal opinion on tLWS, and the closed-lip nature of the current session . In short, he would be fool.

I certainly don't mean to imply that b/c SL says the album is good, it's going to unequivocally be one thing or another, what i mean to say is it' unlikely, IMHO, that SL is running around stoking the flames of anticipation with shallow rhetoric regarding the quality of the forthcoming album. that. would. just. be. stupid.
Just saying this is right on. Lillywhite even did respond to one person a while back when it was first announced he was working with DMB and he was saying Big 4 or whatever someone asked him "of course you are gonna say this even if it sucked." And he said I wouldn't say anything if I didn't like it.

Yes people/groups promote crap on twitter but Lillywhite is a guy who's been honest about stuff before. Called Everyday and Stand Up pieces of shit basically and said he didn't like the Lillywhite Sessions that got leaked because they weren't finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote