Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Any news on how the Live Trax voting is going?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #54
Hershey2004
Kill The Preacher

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Any news on how the Live Trax voting is going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefanfrombama View Post
It's really quite simple why they won't tell us the results. If they tell us any leaders at all, people will jump on those shows and vote for them. Humans are very social, and will behave in a manner that will allow them to feel like they are included in a larger party than themselves. Therefore, in a survey in which people can vote for whatever and as many shows as they want that could possibly have an effect on the mgmt, you must rule out as many variables as possible. In lieu of the situation that it's an "all you can click" voting scheme, it has to remain unbiased. They want our TRUE opinions of our favorite shows. This is impossible if any information is revealed.
Sorry, I wouldn't jump on a bandwagon and just vote for a show because it's a "leader." Frankly, the idea that management would be watching so closely that a scenario like 20 more votes would make or break their decision is ridiculous. Say management wanted 1,000 votes for a show before they decided to release it, but they got 980 votes and that single show was ranked #1 on the list, do you really think they would say, "Geez we'd love to release it, but we still need 20 more votes..."?

So whether we know the Top 10 shows or not, I'd still only vote for the shows I wanted. Maybe the Top 10 would enlighten me on a few I didn't consider, or maybe not. I mean, say LT8 from Alpine was not yet released but we found out it was topping our voting list -- I wouldn't jump on that bandwagon and vote for it. I'd stick with my vote for Hershey '04 and carry on my merry way.

Releasing SOME information is pretty harmless.
Hershey2004 is offline   Reply With Quote