Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - DC Cinematic/TV Marthaverse Fandom (DCUc)
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 12:03 PM   #77
KevinTH
KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DC Cinematic/TV Universe Fandom (DCUc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
They better be careful with this, just that it seems like they're building so much anticipation specifically into Leto here and how/what his Joker will be above anything else, if they miss the mark even a little...

btw I've now officially finished up with the commentaries that Kevin Smith has been doing (along with the one other Mark dude from the Smodcast stuff) of all the pre-Nolan Batmans, the one for Batman & Robin's been on youtube for about a month and I listened to it this past week. They wind up being in very different contexts of course, but there's no denying there are certain details that Nolan had in his films where Schumacher "did first" technically, it's funny to hear Smith point them out. like Batman fighting Bane on a catwalk in an underground area, etc... that type of thing. However he also notes, that while George Clooney has long gladly took the responsibility for killing the Batman franchise, but Smith is still confident he'd be a great choice for the role if actually given a good script. That he'd love to see Clooney star in a Dark Knight Returns live action adaptation. But we all know if anything even close to that were to actually happen, it'd much more likely be Michael Keaton (and that would be more wanted by fans). but I don't disagree that Clooney could be a pretty cool BW/Batman with a quality story.
I started listening to the Batman and Robin podcast, but I fell asleep. I thought some of those notes about "Schumacher did it first" were pretty funny. I did learn from this podcast that Gossip Gerty was Bob Kane's wife and that's why she's in Batman Returns, Forever and B&R. Didn't realize that. It really is funny to see how the Batman franchise went from Batman all the way to Batman and Robin. What a drastic difference. Commisioner Gordon is a joke in the last two. I did like Batman Forever though.

That would be pretty interesting if they got Keaton back to play an older Batman and get Tim Burton to direct Dark Knight Returns. That would be wicked cool to see them try that.

Speaking of podcasts, I've been looking for good Comic Book podcasts that aren't Fatman on Batman. Only so much Kevin Smith I can take. On my drive home from NH Monday I found a pretty decent Superman podcast. The New 52 Adventures of Superman talk all about the New 52 issues in detail. I really enjoyed the first couple podcasts. As I find Grant Morrison confusing, these are somewhat helpful to make sense of them. I also found "How Did This Get Made" which is a podcast featuring Rafi and Andre from The League. They talk about really bad movies. They did one for Green Lantern, Superman III and Batman and Robin. I found them all to be pretty funny.

Any other good comic book podcasts? I tried to start listening to The Weekly Planet, but I didn't realy enjoy it. Their conversations didn't really go anywhere. It was basically an hour or more of them just joking around.
KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote