Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **Official Drive-By Truckers Thread**
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 01:53 AM   #89
jayman414
GO PACK GO

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Drive-By Truckers Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
Seeing the guys (and gal) twice this weekend in Chicago, I am so stoked!! It's been too long since my last fix...
Pretty jealous of that Alex. I was still traveling in Southeast Asia when the album came out and I didn't have my laptop with me so I couldn't download my preorder. The first listen for me was underwhelming. It was not what I expected at all. It is just such a different style for the Truckers, yet once you give it a few listens it is a distinctly Truckers album. The rocking songs that we have all grown accustomed to are more or less missing but the songwriting is very strong. Used to Be A Cop is an instant classic in my mind. The title track is very good, along with The Fireplace Poker, Pulaski is stuck in my head a lot lately, The Thanksgiving Filter really stuck with me since I heard it back in November, and Mercy Buckets is beautiful. Only Patterson could write a love song like that.

After several listens Go-Go Boots is probably slightly above The Big To Do and I like that album a lot. This band has really yet to put out a dud of an album over their career and I think that speaks volumes of how good they actually are. I cannot wait to watch The Secret To a Happy Ending when a package from home gets sent over to me here in China. Has anyone seen it yet?

jayman414 is offline   Reply With Quote